ROTATING! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

ROTATING! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Postby Pop (142739969) » Mon May 03, 2021 12:08 pm

WHY AFTER ALL THIS TIME CAN I STILL NOT ROTATE ITEMS??? WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON WITH THIS GAME?? CHALLENGES GOING ON LIKE NOTHING IS WRONG - WELL LET ME ASSURE YOU BIG VIKING EVERYTHING IS WRONG WITH THIS GAME RIGHT NOW!!!! I CANNOT DECORATE WITHOUT FRUSTRATION, I CANNOT ROTATE, I CANNOT PUT ITEMS BACK IN MY INVENTORY WITHOUT WAITING 10 MINUTES AT A FOOKING TIME!

FOR GOODNESS SAKE WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON HERE!

I AM GETTING SO BLOODY FED UP I AM ABOUT TO PACK IN THIS GAME AND I WILL MOST CERTAINLY BE CANCELLING MY VIP. SICK OF NOT BEING LISTENED TO AND NOTHING BE DONE TO GET THE ISSUES EVERYONE IS TALKING ABOUT FIXED! I STILL GET THE GREY SCREEN EVEN ON CHROME!

SICK OF IT!!!

FIX THE FOOKING PROBLEMS OR STOP THIS ROLLOUT!!!

:grr :grr :grr :grr :grr :grr

Pop :cat:

Pop (142739969)
YoWorld Level: 380
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 141
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Re: ROTATING! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Postby Tansy Anne (187669609) » Mon May 03, 2021 12:19 pm

Rotating does seem more difficult now. Try clicking on the item twice, and hold the mouse button down on the second click.
Tansy Anne (187669609)
YoWorld Level: 297
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 23, 2018

Forum Posts: 411
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby Pop (142739969) » Mon May 03, 2021 12:29 pm

Thanks Tansy Anne but I have tried every which way but loose! I end up having to click the item, sometimes, up to 30 times before the arrow pop up! If I miss it because I'm clicking so many times, then it gets to 60 clicks! I really don't have the patience or can I tolerate this on my fingers, I have RSI (Repetitive Strain Injury) my fingertip nerve ends are fooked and constantly clicking like this brings on my symptoms and my fingers go numb! This game is causing this now! I can't take it any more! I had to give up my job typing because of this RSI and now I am getting it back over a fooking game! I don't think so, not worth it! I can't do it anymore! It has been long enough, BV has had long enough now to iron out the issues and they appear to be doing nought!

I am out!

Pop (142739969)

Postby Gooey (126579776) » Mon May 03, 2021 12:37 pm

It's broken? I need to do some decorating so I can test it. That sucks if stuff won't rotate when it should. :sad:

All of the things you wished someone would have told you when you were at rock bottom, mean that you know exactly what someone who is struggling needs to hear right now in their worst moment....

Gooey (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 393
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 44580
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Pop (142739969) » Mon May 03, 2021 12:53 pm

Rod (126579776) wrote:It's broken? I need to do some decorating so I can test it. That sucks if stuff won't rotate when it should. :sad:

Yes Rod, it is broken as far as I am concerned! Try it... also try going to your own inventory, place an item in the room and then try putting it back - it takes in between 5 to 10 minutes for the item to land in the inventory, item freezes! Every single time this happens! However when you place an item from the store that you are testing out, don't like it put it back and it goes back very quickly! Weird that, I now have over 3,000 items in my inventory I cannot use properly!!!!

Good luck Rod!

:wailing: Pop :cat:

Pop (142739969)

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Mon May 03, 2021 12:56 pm

I find the old way of just clicking it won't bring up the arrows like it used to so you can rotate it. You have to slightly drag it first then rotate, then put it back where you wanted it in the first place. Not ideal. Good luck though. It sounds like you are really frustrated...
:thumbsup:
Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 328
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 14962
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Serenity Now (6134566) » Mon May 03, 2021 1:06 pm

I've had trouble rotating items, and even clicking on them in a room sometimes since the move to HTML5. Double clicking sometimes helps, and sometimes it helps to click a different spot on the item or move the item to a slightly different spot and then try to rotate it.

And it does take a long time returning items to inventory. Now I usually switch to the store and then send them back to inventory as it goes faster when it's set to the store. I'm still hopeful the issues with inventory slowness will be addressed and resolved.
"That's what." -- She

A work in progress...
Horrendous House

Serenity Now (6134566)
YoWorld Level: 311
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 10, 2008

Forum Posts: 3847
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Gooey (126579776) » Mon May 03, 2021 1:14 pm

Pop (142739969) wrote:
Rod (126579776) wrote:It's broken? I need to do some decorating so I can test it. That sucks if stuff won't rotate when it should. :sad:

Yes Rod, it is broken as far as I am concerned! Try it... also try going to your own inventory, place an item in the room and then try putting it back - it takes in between 5 to 10 minutes for the item to land in the inventory, item freezes! Every single time this happens! However when you place an item from the store that you are testing out, don't like it put it back and it goes back very quickly! Weird that, I now have over 3,000 items in my inventory I cannot use properly!!!!

Good luck Rod!

:wailing: Pop :cat:

I have 6,646 unique items in deco inventory, not counting things that I have more than 1 of. I tried a dozen different items - some 2 way and some 4 way - and was able to rotate them all. I was able to set and reset, save, and then remove them all. I'm using Chrome.

I'm not trying to discourage you. I know how frustrating it can be. I'm just giving you a point of reference so you can judge what your next step is. I've found the Opera GX to be the cleanest running browser for Yo. When Yo dorks up for me, that browser always seems to run right.

I also know there are some items that are still broken. BVG keeps trying to fix them all, but it's gonna be a hot minute. I also know that some items, some operational game code, and our systems all interact to affect game play. And while something may not work in a specific combo, it will work in a different combo. It's maddening as hell.

I hope Yo works for you soon. You are not alone. Many players struggle daily to play this game now. Most of them just don't play it instead of posting about it. I really hope BVG continues to stay after it. They've invested a lot and the changes are leaving some players in a bad spot.

:rose:

All of the things you wished someone would have told you when you were at rock bottom, mean that you know exactly what someone who is struggling needs to hear right now in their worst moment....

Gooey (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 393
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 44580
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Kat (106520804) » Mon May 03, 2021 1:29 pm

Pop (142739969) wrote:WHY AFTER ALL THIS TIME CAN I STILL NOT ROTATE ITEMS??? WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON WITH THIS GAME?? CHALLENGES GOING ON LIKE NOTHING IS WRONG - WELL LET ME ASSURE YOU BIG VIKING EVERYTHING IS WRONG WITH THIS GAME RIGHT NOW!!!! I CANNOT DECORATE WITHOUT FRUSTRATION, I CANNOT ROTATE, I CANNOT PUT ITEMS BACK IN MY INVENTORY WITHOUT WAITING 10 MINUTES AT A FOOKING TIME!

FOR GOODNESS SAKE WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON HERE!

I AM GETTING SO BLOODY FED UP I AM ABOUT TO PACK IN THIS GAME AND I WILL MOST CERTAINLY BE CANCELLING MY VIP. SICK OF NOT BEING LISTENED TO AND NOTHING BE DONE TO GET THE ISSUES EVERYONE IS TALKING ABOUT FIXED! I STILL GET THE GREY SCREEN EVEN ON CHROME!

SICK OF IT!!!

FIX THE FOOKING PROBLEMS OR STOP THIS ROLLOUT!!!

:grr :grr :grr :grr :grr :grr

Pop :cat:

I understand the frustration. Are you using the new or old editor? If using the old I had some of the same issues and swapped to using the new editor. I don't like it and hope they'll fix it soon but for now at least stuff stopped sticking over the inventory bar for minutes at a time before finally going back into inventory. It sped everything else up too.

Kat (106520804)
YoWorld Level: 390
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 15, 2016

Forum Posts: 2025
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby Pop (142739969) » Tue May 04, 2021 12:34 pm

Thank you Kat - don't use the New Editor - hate it! You also don't get the room points in that New Editor! Thanks for the advice though. I just wanna cry though!

Pop (142739969)

Postby Pop (142739969) » Tue May 04, 2021 12:36 pm

Pubert thank you for that, I shall look up that browser but I really don't want to be doing all this, I just want to decorate without frustration! Is that too much to ask from BV!!! Why try and change things when they are not broke!

Again, I just wanna cry!

Pop (142739969)

Postby Mz Thang (138469056) » Tue May 04, 2021 1:32 pm

Pop (142739969) wrote:Thanks Tansy Anne but I have tried every which way but loose! I end up having to click the item, sometimes, up to 30 times before the arrow pop up! If I miss it because I'm clicking so many times, then it gets to 60 clicks! I really don't have the patience or can I tolerate this on my fingers, I have RSI (Repetitive Strain Injury) my fingertip nerve ends are fooked and constantly clicking like this brings on my symptoms and my fingers go numb! This game is causing this now! I can't take it any more! I had to give up my job typing because of this RSI and now I am getting it back over a fooking game! I don't think so, not worth it! I can't do it anymore! It has been long enough, BV has had long enough now to iron out the issues and they appear to be doing nought!

I am out!

I am so sorry to hear how frustrated you are getting - I can totally empathise!
YES this 'Rotation' thing has become a bug bear but - I get over it or I quit trying to decorate for a while when I find myself getting irritated - cos this is my 'Chill Out Zone' - I HAVE however, found a mini work around for when the screen freezes whilst decorating meaning I can't drag anything out of the Store or my Invo = simply click fill/Full View for the Store or your Invo and then back to normal view - it seems to jog it back into working order! OR when it freezes drag any item into the room (DO NOT RELEASE IT) and pop it back into the invo - this too jogs the scrolling action back into normal operation!...I hope that helps :thumbsup:

Mz Thang (138469056)
YoWorld Level: 338
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 126

Postby Mz Thang (138469056) » Tue May 04, 2021 1:38 pm

Pop (142739969) wrote:Thank you Kat - don't use the New Editor - hate it! You also don't get the room points in that New Editor! Thanks for the advice though. I just wanna cry though!

I just saw this post - my suggestion for the screen freeze fix was when working with the New Editor.
I use cos I have a HUGE inventory and find that it loads really quickly in comparison to the Old - but I do miss little features of the Old Editor.

Mz Thang (138469056)
YoWorld Level: 338
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 126

Postby Serenity Now (6134566) » Tue May 04, 2021 1:55 pm

Mz Thang (138469056) wrote:
Pop (142739969) wrote:Thank you Kat - don't use the New Editor - hate it! You also don't get the room points in that New Editor! Thanks for the advice though. I just wanna cry though!

I just saw this post - my suggestion for the screen freeze fix was when working with the New Editor.
I use cos I have a HUGE inventory and find that it loads really quickly in comparison to the Old - but I do miss little features of the Old Editor.

The new editor does seem to load more quickly. My dislike of it is sufficiently intense enough that I am tolerating the new issues with the old editor in hopes that it gets fixed. The only time I use the new editor is if I need to see what an item is in my room, or if I need to remove an item from the room and it's hard to get to without disturbing other items.
"That's what." -- She

A work in progress...
Horrendous House

Serenity Now (6134566)
YoWorld Level: 311
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 10, 2008

Forum Posts: 3847
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby mrs thunder (125278108) » Tue May 04, 2021 8:55 pm

i am so sick of waiting to load the game then frezing for a few minutes , then so slow loading again in auction house takes 20min to put my items on sale , gifting is impossible! i wait min 5 minutes till my inventory loads because its freeze at first- same thing with trading , if i am lucky waiting after minutes-( because normally get grey screned) i can do my gifting or trading
i can understand your frustration ,
i used to do things in 1-3 minutes now takes forever...........
its getting on my nerves
mrs thunder (125278108)
YoWorld Level: 250
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 28, 2009

Forum Posts: 242

Postby Pinkylola (235554) » Tue May 04, 2021 9:33 pm

mrs thunder (125278108) wrote:i am so sick of waiting to load the game then frezing for a few minutes , then so slow loading again in auction house takes 20min to put my items on sale , gifting is impossible! i wait min 5 minutes till my inventory loads because its freeze at first- same thing with trading , if i am lucky waiting after minutes-( because normally get grey screned) i can do my gifting or trading
its getting on my nerves

I was at that point a couple of weeks ago until I tried Edge. I usually hate everything Microsoft has to offer :silly: but this time Edge was my savior, it actually made a change in my gaming. :D
ImageImageImage

My cut off game is strong, I stopped talking to myself one time.
#SaveShaikhJarrah #FreePalastine :heartbroken:

Pinkylola (235554)
YoWorld Level: 310
YoWorld Start Date: May 31, 2008

Forum Posts: 19277
Forum Title: Auction House Hero

Postby mrs thunder (125278108) » Tue May 04, 2021 9:43 pm

Pinkylola (235554) wrote:
mrs thunder (125278108) wrote:i am so sick of waiting to load the game then frezing for a few minutes , then so slow loading again in auction house takes 20min to put my items on sale , gifting is impossible! i wait min 5 minutes till my inventory loads because its freeze at first- same thing with trading , if i am lucky waiting after minutes-( because normally get grey screned) i can do my gifting or trading
its getting on my nerves

I was at that point a couple of weeks ago until I tried Edge. I usually hate everything Microsoft has to offer :silly: but this time Edge was my savior, it actually made a change in my gaming. :D

tried edge , opera anything else suggested on forums but no help :( its the same with anything,my laptop is old i would think thats why i am having so much trouble but hubby plays on the same laptop and he has not big problems like i have, thats weird tho :eh:
thank you for trying to help me out and i am glad ur game play is better now ,hope mine gets better soon too because no fun anymore
mrs thunder (125278108)
YoWorld Level: 250
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 28, 2009

Forum Posts: 242

Postby Enigma (13260594) » Wed May 05, 2021 1:18 am

I have had the items not appearing back in inventory while decorating for ages. If you need the item out again while decorating a room drag it into your inventory, save room, then open decorating up again and it will appear there. It is annoying and frustrating doing this but just one of the many things we learn to deal with in the game.

Enigma (13260594)
YoWorld Level: 324
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2009

Forum Posts: 507
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Pinkylola (235554) » Wed May 05, 2021 4:03 pm

mrs thunder (125278108) wrote:
Pinkylola (235554) wrote:
its getting on my nerves

tried edge , opera anything else suggested on forums but no help :( its the same with anything,my laptop is old i would think thats why i am having so much trouble but hubby plays on the same laptop and he has not big problems like i have, thats weird tho :eh:
thank you for trying to help me out and i am glad ur game play is better now ,hope mine gets better soon too because no fun anymore

:'( :hug:
ImageImageImage

My cut off game is strong, I stopped talking to myself one time.
#SaveShaikhJarrah #FreePalastine :heartbroken:

Pinkylola (235554)
YoWorld Level: 310
YoWorld Start Date: May 31, 2008

Forum Posts: 19277
Forum Title: Auction House Hero

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Wed May 05, 2021 4:37 pm

Hi Pop, I also use the old editor because I don't like the new one. When you wish to return an item to your inventory, first close out the My Stuff tab. Select "Shop" and then return your item back to your Inventory. You won't have to wait at all, that way.

Take precaution even after completing vaccination. You might still be an asymptomatic carrier and can infect others. You might still be infected by a different strain.

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 415
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015

Forum Posts: 19603
Forum Title: YoAddict

Next

Return to YoWorld Discussions