If BVG could only fix ONE very specific issue...

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

If BVG could only fix ONE very specific issue...

Postby Chris (4327680) » Sun May 02, 2021 4:34 pm

...what ONE THING would you most want fixed?

PLEASE adhere to the question parameters. There are already plenty of threads about the general inability to play and listing multiple grievances.
Buy / Sell / Trade / Wishes are at: Christine's Corner Top Wishes: Wish List
Always wishes: Spies Rugs, Connect Four Board Game, Brown Hairs (I return any hairs I already have.)

Chris (4327680)
YoWorld Level: 336
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 30, 2008

Forum Posts: 5945
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Re: If BVG could only fix ONE very specific issue...

Postby mrs thunder (125278108) » Sun May 02, 2021 4:41 pm

freezing 2 or 3 min after loaded the game -- makes me sick
mrs thunder (125278108)
YoWorld Level: 250
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 28, 2009

Forum Posts: 242
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Tansy Anne (187669609) » Sun May 02, 2021 4:42 pm

I don't know if this qualifies as a fix, but I would like the ability to make my own categories in both the furniture inventory, and the clothing inventory.
Tansy Anne (187669609)
YoWorld Level: 297
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 23, 2018

Forum Posts: 411
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby BykaChic (134177197) » Sun May 02, 2021 6:08 pm

Make it so we can not sell any item we have saved as an outfit.... I went on a hair selling spree for a couple months and sold almost 450 hairs...not kidding. Of course with layering options, I had no clue 37 of them being sold ruined my outfits saved. :grr
"And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. And I wont forget the men who died, who gave that right to me......"

BykaChic (134177197)
YoWorld Level: 361
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 10, 2009

Forum Posts: 10484
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby CountryDude89 (11877186) » Sun May 02, 2021 6:14 pm

BykaChic (134177197) wrote:Make it so we can not sell any item we have saved as an outfit.... I went on a hair selling spree for a couple months and sold almost 450 hairs...not kidding. Of course with layering options, I had no clue 37 of them being sold ruined my outfits saved. :grr

CountryDude89 (11877186)
YoWorld Level: 208
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 18, 2009

Forum Posts: 21070
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby Kio (185180932) » Sun May 02, 2021 6:38 pm

Auction House Upgrade. An update to the AH that not only allows us to sell more items (let's say being able to sell 15 items at a time) But also a new tab in the AH where we can list items we want to buy based on the internal database picture icon name/code of the item and our offer/price we put in for the item where players scrolling can then grant the item directly to our account by putting in their item we were asking for and our currency exchanging for it when they click submit. Basically a reverse auction house like the equivalent of buying something online. That way people could post harder to find rare items they are specifically looking for without the whole song and dance of creating an event or waiting and patrolling trading pages or forum sections etc. Another in-game database tab in the AH, tied to buying/selling perhaps with average prices attached.
Kio (185180932)
YoWorld Level: 266
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 21, 2013

Forum Posts: 14226
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Gooey (126579776) » Sun May 02, 2021 7:23 pm

CountryDude89 (11877186) wrote:
BykaChic (134177197) wrote:Make it so we can not sell any item we have saved as an outfit.... I went on a hair selling spree for a couple months and sold almost 450 hairs...not kidding. Of course with layering options, I had no clue 37 of them being sold ruined my outfits saved. :grr

LOL :haha:

Not laughin at Bycka, just at this goofy meme... :silly:

All of the things you wished someone would have told you when you were at rock bottom, mean that you know exactly what someone who is struggling needs to hear right now in their worst moment....

Gooey (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 393
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 44580
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby BykaChic (134177197) » Sun May 02, 2021 7:25 pm

Rod (126579776) wrote:
CountryDude89 (11877186) wrote:

LOL :haha:

Not laughin at Bycka, just at this goofy meme... :silly:

:haha: :heart:
"And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. And I wont forget the men who died, who gave that right to me......"

BykaChic (134177197)
YoWorld Level: 361
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 10, 2009

Forum Posts: 10484

Postby SinisterPrime (116808443) » Sun May 02, 2021 10:51 pm

Chris (4327680) wrote:...what ONE THING would you most want fixed?

PLEASE adhere to the question parameters. There are already plenty of threads about the general inability to play and listing multiple grievances.

Just one you say, its way too difficult esp these days :eh:

SinisterPrime (116808443)
YoWorld Level: 324
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 8328
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Vanessa (185747144) » Sun May 02, 2021 11:30 pm

Just this afternoon while I was decorating, once again I lost my connection after I had done so much work in the room... I would like for us to not lose our connection to the game as long as we are actively doing something/anything in the game. It's a pain in the butt hassle to spend all that time decorating and then lose progress because we get booted.
Vanessa (185747144)
YoWorld Level: 268
YoWorld Start Date: May 20, 2014

Forum Posts: 689
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Chris (4327680) » Mon May 03, 2021 2:15 am

These are all great and things I would love, too.

I think ability to make categories is mine... but may change with future entries. LOL
Always wishes: Spies Rugs, Connect Four Board Game, Brown Hairs (I return any hairs I already have.)

Chris (4327680)

Postby Nightshade (127561160) » Mon May 03, 2021 4:12 am

My number 1 ask would be to fix the lag caused by a large inventory.

With so many new weekly releases and themes being vaulted/discontinued, it is expected (and encouraged) that we buy stuff. So player inventories bloating up after a few years of game play is the natural order of things. Right now, the onus of fixing a lagging inventory is on the players (by selling/deleting/giving away stuff, placing everything in rooms, identifying the one-off items that create a lag, or buying a better laptop).

Bottomline, I would appreciate it if, after HTML5 is well in place, BVG takes on the onus of finding a fix for the lag caused by a large inventory.

I also asked for this long back, would love this feature.
Kio (185180932) wrote:Auction House Upgrade. .......... a new tab in the AH where we can list items we want to buy ........ Basically a reverse auction house like the equivalent of buying something online..
Last edited by Nightshade (127561160) on Mon May 03, 2021 9:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
Nightshade (127561160)
YoWorld Level: 332
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 08, 2009

Forum Posts: 343

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Mon May 03, 2021 6:14 am

Not a fix, but the ability to gift and put a home in the AH.

Edit: oops, sorry, for not adhering to the question parameters. For a fix, ONE thing to fix is probably is the constant refreshing? Because people cannot play if the game keeps refreshing. I only have the refreshing problem if I open YW using my iPhone, and sometimes on my iPad too. Never have it on my desktop computer....wondering if it is a server problem, an internet routing problem, a HTML5 coding/converting problem, a computer's or browser's setting issue, or a hardware issue.
Last edited by Stardust (186190305) on Mon May 03, 2021 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Take precaution even after completing vaccination. You might still be an asymptomatic carrier and can infect others. You might still be infected by a different strain.

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 415
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015

Forum Posts: 19603
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Mon May 03, 2021 6:39 am

Kio (185180932) wrote:Auction House Upgrade. An update to the AH that not only allows us to sell more items (let's say being able to sell 15 items at a time) But also a new tab in the AH where we can list items we want to buy based on the internal database picture icon name/code of the item and our offer/price we put in for the item where players scrolling can then grant the item directly to our account by putting in their item we were asking for and our currency exchanging for it when they click submit. Basically a reverse auction house like the equivalent of buying something online. That way people could post harder to find rare items they are specifically looking for without the whole song and dance of creating an event or waiting and patrolling trading pages or forum sections etc. Another in-game database tab in the AH, tied to buying/selling perhaps with average prices attached.

love that ^^^^ :thumbsup: :trophy: :heart:
“You become like the five people you spend the most time with. Choose carefully.” Jim Rohn
Act your age, not your shoe size
I just woke up and smelt the roses

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 357
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 21487

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Mon May 03, 2021 6:47 am

as well as Kio's ideas about the AH i would like our inventories to have our own 'store'. say im stocking up from the DD2019 theme i could say buy bulk of items like the shrubs, lampposts, hanging plants and have them go into my own store. then you wouldn't need to have as much in your inventory and you wouldn't have to fill up storage homes. whilst decorating you could select stores, my stuff or 'my store'. with all the vaulted/expired themes i have stocked up on the staple items like flowers, bushes, shrubs, coin chairs & tables etc. to have these in my own store to select whilst decorating would be brilliant! :thumbsup:
“You become like the five people you spend the most time with. Choose carefully.” Jim Rohn

Theresa (122233016)

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Mon May 03, 2021 6:49 am

i know you said 'one' but... :haha: .... make homes tradeable and pets able to sell in the AH

Theresa (122233016)

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Mon May 03, 2021 6:54 am

mrs thunder (125278108) wrote:freezing 2 or 3 min after loaded the game -- makes me sick

:sad: That's horrible.
For now, what's important is to get everyone to be able to play the game smoothly. Otherwise, it is no game at all with constant freezing and refreshing. How could anyone possibly play if the game keeps freezing and refreshing on them? I hope it will get better for you, Mrs Thunder :sad:

Take precaution even after completing vaccination. You might still be an asymptomatic carrier and can infect others. You might still be infected by a different strain.

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 415
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015

Forum Posts: 19603
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby Chris (4327680) » Mon May 03, 2021 8:38 am

Theresa (122233016) wrote:i know you said 'one' but... :haha: .... make homes tradeable and pets able to sell in the AH

It's OK. Someone listed four. I pretty much knew that not everyone would read. ;) The very first post was about something I requested we leave out. :haha:

I only figured that *IF* BVG reads, it's a nice, simple, fast read and they could see how many times the same single things come up. Just a shot at trying something new in the way of a request list. I imagine they skim right through the posts with walls of text or a million paragraphs.

Chris (4327680)

Postby Nightshade (127561160) » Mon May 03, 2021 9:00 am

Chris (4327680) wrote:
Theresa (122233016) wrote:i know you said 'one' but... :haha: .... make homes tradeable and pets able to sell in the AH

It's OK. Someone listed four. I pretty much knew that not everyone would read. ;) The very first post was about something I requested we leave out. :haha:

I only figured that *IF* BVG reads, it's a nice, simple, fast read and they could see how many times the same single things come up. Just a shot at trying something new in the way of a request list. I imagine they skim right through the posts with walls of text or a million paragraphs.

I understand the reason you asked for only one fix per person; a clean thread always makes more of an impact. For all of our sake, hope the thread stays clean.
I have to say, it is difficult to choose one. I have so many "wants", I had to almost sit on my hands so that I would write only 1 of my own, but I see I am going to have to edit it as it has become a lot of paragraphs :haha:
ImageImage
Nightshade (127561160)
YoWorld Level: 332
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 08, 2009

Forum Posts: 343

Postby XxVioletVixenxX (139135464) » Mon May 03, 2021 9:15 am

Yessssssss! The Depot say when you buy wall or carpets you have, "You already own this, are you sure you want to buy this?"

I agree with the catagories, I still don't understand why half my skins are in items & why my new bathing suit is in costumes ect. Pet in the AH would be nice. Trading houses as well.

Ppl listed many, so I did lol. Apartment links working would be great but I think that might be resolved when I am on the new server.
Thank you YoAngel's!!! Click on my siggy to add me on FB <3 Thank You new neighbors for the adds!
BadMoon made this beautiful siggy! See BadMoon for all your siggy needs! <3

XxVioletVixenxX (139135464)
YoWorld Level: 306
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 07, 2009

Forum Posts: 11141

Next

Return to YoWorld Discussions