[HTML5] Potential Performance Fix

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [HTML5] Potential Performance Fix

Postby KARO (120302440) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:42 pm

I already have the 64 bit Chrome version and my Hardware acceleration is already enabled. I am still having trouble taking Yo World to load up or when I get on I get refresh right away. I am constantly getting refreshed. :sad: I don't know what else to do. I hope this gets resolved soon. I really like playing this game.

KARO (120302440)
YoWorld Level: 369
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 07, 2009

Forum Posts: 137
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:02 am

I understand this is a new process. Every bit of it counts, and I know HTML5 is what most preferred. But this is... we're literally jumping through hoops right now to make sure the game works individually well for each of us. I understand this is a group effort, I appreciate the transparency and allowing us to test out new methods and report back, I just hope we can get back to the point where the game works well on most browsers like before.

And we keep bringing up this grey screen issue. Is this the same issue as a bluish screen asking me to refresh my browser? Because that screen looks pretty blue to me. Not grey. Does anybody have a screenshot of this grey screen so many people are seeing? I've yet to see it but I still always get a bluish-white gradient screen asking me to refresh my browser. I have yet to see that issue brought up or addressed by the developers and I've left my computer specifications under maybe 3 or 4 official BVG threads at this point in regards to it.

I've literally missed maybe a month worth of login bonuses due to not being able to stay logged on passed 5 minutes.
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 277
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 8224
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:06 am

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:I understand this is a new process. Every bit of it counts, and I know HTML5 is what most preferred. But this is... we're literally jumping through hoops right now to make sure the game works individually well for each of us. I understand this is a group effort, I appreciate the transparency and allowing us to test out new methods and report back, I just hope we can get back to the point where the game works well on most browsers like before.

And we keep bringing up this grey screen issue. Is this the same issue as a bluish screen asking me to refresh my browser? Because that screen looks pretty blue to me. Not grey. Does anybody have a screenshot of this grey screen so many people are seeing? I've yet to see it but I still always get a bluish-white gradient screen asking me to refresh my browser. I have yet to see that issue brought up or addressed by the developers and I've left my computer specifications under maybe 3 or 4 official BVG threads at this point in regards to it.

I've literally missed maybe a month worth of login bonuses due to not being able to stay logged on passed 5 minutes.

i was just coming to say the grey screen is getting worse for me. i just refreshed the game, put 33 items in a storage room and saved and got the grey screen. it doesn't tell you to refresh either you just can't do anything. i will get a ss for you... i can't even do anything on the game now. refreshed my game, tried to open my inventory to decorate and got the grey screen ffs :nerd:

“You become like the five people you spend the most time with. Choose carefully.” Jim Rohn
Act your age, not your shoe size
I just woke up and smelt the roses

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 357
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 21491
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby Sexorcist (185659884) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:58 pm

voodoosue (118968402) wrote::eh: ok so i checked and i have had been running on the 64 and the hardware thingy is on..and i checked for updates, they are all good too :idea:

then i did a speed test and it said my computer has fast speed :silly: yet i still have to refresh a million times :wailing:

is there anyway to remove the blue banner up top viking andrew as most times the banners always caused lag? :sad:

here is my test results Image

our net def not the prob :sleepy:
Sexorcist (185659884)
YoWorld Level: 254
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 17, 2014

Forum Posts: 974
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Dunno (103441722) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:50 pm

If this wasn't funny already I Could have become a comedian, to make people laugh.

To BVG you are aware that as Chrome update 58.0.3029.96 in 2017 it would Auto Update Chrome to a 64bit version of Chrome from a 32Bit?

That is, as long as you have a 64Bit Windows, but there are a lot of user's who upgraded to the free Windows 10 from a 4gb Win7/Win8 etc.

Now pls answer me this

Is YW App 64Bit or 32Bit as I monitored it again lately and an surprised that it is taking over 2.5gb of Ram.

If it is a 32Bit, then that's one reason you are getting a Grey screen and Lag, as it's using too much Ram and hitting 32Bit Limits.

I await your reply, if you ever reply for once.

Dunno (103441722)
YoWorld Level: 297
YoWorld Start Date: May 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 67
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby XxLoveMeKnotzxX (159434814) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:08 pm

i hope they do reply back to you

XxLoveMeKnotzxX (159434814)
YoWorld Level: 331
YoWorld Start Date: May 14, 2010

Forum Posts: 223
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:04 pm

Dunno (103441722) wrote:If this wasn't funny already I Could have become a comedian, to make people laugh.

To BVG you are aware that as Chrome update 58.0.3029.96 in 2017 it would Auto Update Chrome to a 64bit version of Chrome from a 32Bit?

That is, as long as you have a 64Bit Windows, but there are a lot of user's who upgraded to the free Windows 10 from a 4gb Win7/Win8 etc.

Now pls answer me this

Is YW App 64Bit or 32Bit as I monitored it again lately and an surprised that it is taking over 2.5gb of Ram.

If it is a 32Bit, then that's one reason you are getting a Grey screen and Lag, as it's using too much Ram and hitting 32Bit Limits.

I await your reply, if you ever reply for once.

64-bit. My Mac's Big Sur does not support any 32-bit apps. The last MacOS that supports 32-bit apps is the Mojave. Since Catalina, no 32-bit apps are supported by MacOS.

What I don't know is whether the app is backward compatible or not. I hope you'll get an answer for that.

Take precaution even after completing vaccination. You might still be an asymptomatic carrier and can infect others. You might still be infected by a different strain.

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 415
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015

Forum Posts: 19603
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby Kat (106520804) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:20 am

voodoosue (118968402) wrote:
Kat (106520804) wrote:I'm with Rod, I think it's a combination of things working against each other and chrome was already up to date and the hardware thing was already turned on, yet for me chrome is the worst of all the browsers I've tried. On the other hand it now works for me and far faster and better on the ipad than safari does. I haven't tried decorating on it yet but will try to do that tomorrow and see if I still have decorating lag. The things that are causing the most lag for me is any time I have to open inventory, decorating, AH, GE's are horrible and even when opening the inventory to see what I have. It hangs up for a long period of time if I try to move anything back into inventory from a room unless I put it back on the store and then go back to mystuff tab.
To whoever mentioned the blue banner across the top for html5, possibly causing lag, I've always had issues whenever you have the sales banners up so I wonder if that might be causing some of the problems. Do we still need it? It might be worth it if you can remove it and let us see if the lag issues get better. It's really hard to decorate with this going on. It's really all I care to do in the game.

:thumbsup: yes i mentioned the blue banner and yup thats what i say is lets try to loose the banner and see if it helps because yup every time they put the sales banners the game got that way before the cross over o_o it would not hurt to try right? :thumbsup:

Thanks hon, I Was already in the typing window and couldn't go back to look to see who it was that had mentioned the banner. However I agree with you and hope they try that. Yup, it wouldn't hurt to try. :)

Kat (106520804)
YoWorld Level: 390
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 15, 2016

Forum Posts: 2025
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby Prynsess K (187472054) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:39 am

I still can not do anything that means I need to change servers (go to events, use map etc)
I tried downloading chrome and it did not change that. :(

Prynsess K (187472054)
YoWorld Level: 302
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 12, 2017

Forum Posts: 1549
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:38 pm

Theresa (122233016) wrote:
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:I understand this is a new process. Every bit of it counts, and I know HTML5 is what most preferred. But this is... we're literally jumping through hoops right now to make sure the game works individually well for each of us. I understand this is a group effort, I appreciate the transparency and allowing us to test out new methods and report back, I just hope we can get back to the point where the game works well on most browsers like before.

i was just coming to say the grey screen is getting worse for me. i just refreshed the game, put 33 items in a storage room and saved and got the grey screen. it doesn't tell you to refresh either you just can't do anything. i will get a ss for you... i can't even do anything on the game now. refreshed my game, tried to open my inventory to decorate and got the grey screen ffs :nerd:

See I havent been seeing this issue at all.
:sad:

Sorry you've been having this. My problem is where I log in and the game becomes somewhat laggy. Then the entire thing crashes and I get a bluish-white screen asking me to restart my whole browser. This happens on both the desktop app and on Google Chrome for me.

Sometimes the game works OKAY but other times I cant even be on for more than 5 minutes. I cant count how many login bonuses I've missed out from these issues.
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 277
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 8224

Postby Thursday Soleil (136586881) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:20 pm

Whelp, I'm in for the first time in a very long time, via browser so something works. I even have my blue banner. * cross your fingers*

I've always liked chrome. :thumbsup:
"This must be Thursday", said Arthur musing to himself, sinking low over his beer, " I never could get the hang of Thursdays."-HHGTTG
Never trust the Iguanas. They are trying to take over the world.

Thursday Soleil (136586881)
YoWorld Level: 311
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 22, 2009

Forum Posts: 9988

Postby Undecided (185859185) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:48 am

Undecided (185859185) wrote:
Undecided (185859185) wrote:Ads not working for me

Up till this last week I have been able to play the video adds
But past few days I can't get to play them, I just get a black box on my screen :grr
I haven't changed anything or any of my settings I have tried to play via the app, chrome and on edge but they're not working on any
Any help or advice much appreciated :D

They started working over the weekend, had to refresh due to maintenance and shabbang the ads NOT working again :grr
I have tried on Yoworld App, Chrome & Edge. They work on none for me

As it stands right now this game is becoming harder by the day for me to play.
I spend more time waiting for things to load than I do actually playing the game
If this is the way forward, lag, snail pace to load items in edit or to gift, refresh then, lag, snail pace to load items in edit or to gift. refresh and repeat, repeat, repeat
Then I feel my time on this game is going to be coming to an end in the near future

I have a 64bit laptop,Chrome is up to date and I have hardware acceleration on
Still lag like no tomorrow, the game on the whole for me is becoming more and more frustrating and harder to play by the day
This is Manchester: We do things differently here
ImageImage
Don't try to figure me out. It will only exhaust you, you'd lose your mind trying to understand mine

Undecided (185859185)
YoWorld Level: 308
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 07, 2014

Forum Posts: 6981
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Fancy MzFree (121942669) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:25 am

i havent played in a year an forgot my 4 digit pin. i wanna reset it but the email the link is being sent to i no longer use i would like it sent to my other email on file for fbk. :)
My responsibility to God is to live. That's the gift he gave me.
Fancy MzFree (121942669)
YoWorld Level: 283
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 15, 2009

Forum Posts: 23
Forum Title: YoRookie

Postby Gabi (127645867) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:12 pm

Hi Andrew again me after 1 months , this is shame !
Okay here is again :
WIN 10
Processor Intel ( R) Core ( TM) i3-9100 cpu @3 60 Ghz

Installed Ram 8.00 Gb
System type 64-bit x 64 based

Now Please Andrew I have no intention of violating my first game and Fb for the Game, I'm fine, I play via tablets and laptops, I can't play via PC via work, and I can't play via tablets like this when I'm stupid!
I kindly ask you to return me to the previous one because I do not intend to suffer this!

Thanks for what I need and please get me back to the previous version now,
With respect Google chrome is not ned update was check same is, now back me at pravios please,
Thank you
Gabrijela :shocked:

Gabi (127645867)
YoWorld Level: 397
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 08, 2009

Forum Posts: 47
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby Alex (152667001) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:15 pm

Okay here is again :

WIN 10

Installed Ram 8.00 Gb

Now Please Andrew I have no intention of violating my first game and Fb for the Game, I'm fine, I play via tablets and laptops, I can't play via PC via work, and I can't play via tablets like this when I'm stupid!
I kindly ask you to return me to the previous one because I do not intend to suffer this!

With respect Google Chrome is new too not need update same is now please back me a previos version
:shocked:
Thanks Alex

Alex (152667001)
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 10, 2010

Forum Posts: 23

Postby Marcela (153080308) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:24 pm

Okay here is again :

WIN 10

Installed Ram 8.00 Gb

With respect Google Chrome is new and not need update same is at this, now back me previous version to can play

Thanks a lot ,

Marcela :nerd:

Marcela (153080308)
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 13, 2010

Forum Posts: 21

Postby Pax (167077123) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:30 pm

Okay here is again :

WIN10

Installed Ram 8.00 Gb

With respect Google Chrome is same as here so not need upate ws check now back me at previous version to can normal play after lap top and tablet,
thanks

Pax :?:

Pax (167077123)
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 06, 2010

Forum Posts: 17

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:57 pm

Hi Gabi, Alex, Marcela, Pax, we cannot return to the previous version because Adobe ended Flash and the streaming version is only temporary. Please try using other browsers like Firefox, Edge or Opera.

Take precaution even after completing vaccination. You might still be an asymptomatic carrier and can infect others. You might still be infected by a different strain.

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 415
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015

Forum Posts: 19603
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby Mano DRM (187712331) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:08 pm

when i open HTML5 with puffin on my android phone.i found the typing chat or message isnot working also the loading of the game is slowly not like the app on the pc i hope you solve that :)
Mano DRM (187712331)
YoWorld Level: 42
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 06, 2018

Forum Posts: 1
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Postby sP KilluaZoldyck (121877325) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:54 pm

i already have chrome and its already updated and i have the same settings too and i still lagging get grey screen see players naked and see players in event and they don't even be there i want to get out of html5 and back to flash please

Thanks.
sP KilluaZoldyck (121877325)
YoWorld Level: 153
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 15, 2009

Forum Posts: 11

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions