[SALE] Spark Sale!

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [SALE] Spark Sale!

Postby Chris (4327680) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:45 am

Theresa (122233016) wrote:we only got a warning about the new spark sales the same time as we got the first one.

I’ve been confused about this... as I mentioned in a discussion the other day, this is dated April 9. I didn’t see until today that comments just started the day of the sale. I guess they posted it elsewhere and just moved it to the public forum today, but I hope that doesn’t become standard practice, because sometime the dates that things are posted is important.
Buy / Sell / Trade / Wishes are at: Christine's Corner Top Wishes: Wish List
Always wishes: Spies Rugs, Connect Four Board Game, Brown Hairs (I return any hairs I already have.)

Chris (4327680)
YoWorld Level: 336
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 30, 2008

Forum Posts: 5945
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Chris (4327680) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:57 am

I’m surprised so many are questioning whether or not it will be the same hair, only because it’s written clearly. When I first saw the question and went back to look, I expected it to be ambiguous.

They’re probably re-releasing each item at an ideal time in a few major time zones to keep it fair, as so many in the thread requested.

Sometimes, they are damned if they do, damned if they don’t.
Always wishes: Spies Rugs, Connect Four Board Game, Brown Hairs (I return any hairs I already have.)

Chris (4327680)

Postby Sparkly Siren (126550402) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:15 am

Read this whole thread but don't see any answers.

I hope I get a chance to buy it :love: :love:

Sparkly Siren (126550402)
YoWorld Level: 297
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 3931
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby TexanSourNSweet (103681266) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:28 pm

Sparkly Siren (126550402) wrote:Read this whole thread but don't see any answers.

I hope I get a chance to buy it :love: :love:

Same :drool:
Remember to load your brain before you shoot your mouth off - Old Farmer's Advice
Boots on wanna see the bottom of em say somethin

TexanSourNSweet (103681266)
YoWorld Level: 305
YoWorld Start Date: May 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 12042
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby KiraDreamWeaverYOJ FMD (121078231) » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:07 am

Good to know because the Korab Bad Guy hairs are quite expensive in the AH. I'll keep my eyes open for the next Spark Sale. Hopefully it happens after I get home from work and not during the daytime hours only.

KiraDreamWeaverYOJ FMD (121078231)
YoWorld Level: 273
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 539
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:52 am

Chris (4327680) wrote:
Theresa (122233016) wrote:we only got a warning about the new spark sales the same time as we got the first one.

I’ve been confused about this... as I mentioned in a discussion the other day, this is dated April 9. I didn’t see until today that comments just started the day of the sale. I guess they posted it elsewhere and just moved it to the public forum today, but I hope that doesn’t become standard practice, because sometime the dates that things are posted is important.

the date is when they wrote it rather than post it. i've seen sticky posts like for the ME's saying 'Head's up the Monthly Exclusives are coming today' and yet the date on the post was from a few days previous
“You become like the five people you spend the most time with. Choose carefully.” Jim Rohn
Act your age, not your shoe size
I just woke up and smelt the roses

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 357
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 21491
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby Mz Thang (138469056) » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:21 pm

XxVioletVixenxX (139135464) wrote:No Viking has answer if this will be the same hair each time? That's cute.
I can not believe they can't answer a question. Well I can, they like to be passive aggressive.
I should start a thread every hr and ask. .

I would like to know the answer too!..I was lucky enough to be in game at the right time AND get the Hair Colour I wanted...
But are we now just going to get MORE of the same Style in different colours??? (would be silly to put all the same Hair Colours AND Styles) can someone shed some clarity on this one please :eh:

Mz Thang (138469056)
YoWorld Level: 338
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 123
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Nita (114766277) » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:39 pm

I HATE THESE!!!! Those of us who work can't be on here all day to get them, and then the people who do go and sell these hairs from $4 to $30 million!!! It sucks and is unfair to so many.

Nita (114766277)
YoWorld Level: 296
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 17, 2009

Forum Posts: 613

Postby Chris (4327680) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:34 am

Theresa (122233016) wrote:
Chris (4327680) wrote:

the date is when they wrote it rather than post it. i've seen sticky posts like for the ME's saying 'Head's up the Monthly Exclusives are coming today' and yet the date on the post was from a few days previous

Yep, that’s what I meant about moving it from elsewhere. It was probably crafted in the admin forum or something and then just moved here when they were ready to start.

Chris (4327680)

Postby KiraDreamWeaverYOJ FMD (121078231) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:09 pm

I bought the Veritable Sale today because ALL the hairs were acceptable to me. Korab's design is awesome, but I'm not spending real money on a chance to get a brown hair.
Thanks these hairs are fabulous!

KiraDreamWeaverYOJ FMD (121078231)
YoWorld Level: 273
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 539

Postby Smitten Kitten (136864592) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:01 pm

IT’S BACK! ✨
The Korab Bad Guy Braids return in another SPARK SALE from 4 pm-7 pm EST. Log into YoWorld to get 40 YoCash, 50,000 YoCoins, plus one of the Korab Bad Guy Braids at random for $4.99!
OR collect the WHOLE SET and get 850 YoCash, 2,000,000 YoCoins + ALL 8 Korab Bad Guy Braids for $99.99!

Missed this one? Don’t worry—the Korab Bad Guy Braids will be back in another SPARK SALE soon...check back here if you want to be a Yo in the Know!

https://buff.ly/3dVkY0m

Smitten Kitten (136864592)
YoWorld Level: 353
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 21383

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:06 pm

Should be different items :thumbsup:
Leeum (130695460)
YoWorld Level: 334
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 26636
Forum Title: YoManiac

Postby Isla (2518852) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:06 pm

I'm glad others are getting a chance at this, but this is now a much less appealing sale to me in the long run. I probably won't buy anymore unless I absolutely love the item ( I did this one) and will work to get 1-2 varieties from the auction house.

Lesson learned. :thumbsup: As I loved the hair anyway, this was a good one to learn on.

Isla (2518852)
YoWorld Level: 294
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 07, 2008

Forum Posts: 1622
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby Vivica (13404458) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:47 pm

Isla (2518852) wrote:I'm glad others are getting a chance at this, but this is now a much less appealing sale to me in the long run. I probably won't buy anymore unless I absolutely love the item ( I did this one) and will work to get 1-2 varieties from the auction house.

Lesson learned. :thumbsup: As I loved the hair anyway, this was a good one to learn on.

Agreed.
PM to add on FB<3

#SaveShaikhJarrah #FreePalastine

Vivica (13404458)
YoWorld Level: 246
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 10423

Postby Gooey (126579776) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:34 pm

Sowing the seeds of distrust in the people who buy your gadget deals will come back to bite you....... :smug:

All of the things you wished someone would have told you when you were at rock bottom, mean that you know exactly what someone who is struggling needs to hear right now in their worst moment....

Gooey (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 393
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 44580
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Thursday Soleil (136586881) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:38 pm

Feedback: Probably wouldn't participate in sales like this going forward. I did like the hair. I did not see enough engagement with players who had questions about the sale. I do see confusion, up to the moment you re-released the hairs.

It may be helpful to be more engaging with player questions, also clear response in general about the rollout of these sales.
"This must be Thursday", said Arthur musing to himself, sinking low over his beer, " I never could get the hang of Thursdays."-HHGTTG
Never trust the Iguanas. They are trying to take over the world.

Thursday Soleil (136586881)
YoWorld Level: 311
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 22, 2009

Forum Posts: 9988
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Vivica (13404458) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:29 pm

Thursday Soleil (136586881) wrote:Feedback: Probably wouldn't participate in sales like this going forward. I did like the hair. I did not see enough engagement with players who had questions about the sale. I do see confusion, up to the moment you re-released the hairs.

It may be helpful to be more engaging with player questions, also clear response in general about the rollout of these sales.

:thumbsup:

Hit the nail on the head.
PM to add on FB<3

#SaveShaikhJarrah #FreePalastine

Vivica (13404458)
YoWorld Level: 246

Forum Posts: 10423

Postby Grand Viking Nicki » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:35 pm

I just wanted to come in at the end of my day to thank you all so much for the feedback, and apologize for any inconsistencies. Working from home has caused some miscommunication between teams, but after reading everyone's comments on the forums and on Facebook, I've managed to narrow down where potential breakdowns happened and we will be much more unified in our messaging to players going forward.

To clarify, the content inside of a Spark Sale will be exclusive to the Spark Sale (they won't be released in store or appear in Classic Rewards). Spark Sales happen in 3-hour bursts that can pop up anytime in game.

I seriously appreciate all of your support and enthusiasm! The Spark Sales were created after hearing player feedback about Monthly Exclusives. Players in different time zones expressed that they were missing out on some really special content with Monthly Exclusives, so Spark Sales may be popping up sporadically at very strange hours to service those YoFans. I set the first couple to launch during work hours so that if anything broke, I could help fix them...

I also know there are players who really dislike the random nature of Mystery Boxes (I am also in this boat), and we would prefer to buy Hair Packs that guarantee no repeat colours and guarantee the rares! So I pushed to include that option. I mention this to show how player feedback directly impacts our decisions.

Thanks again! I've been loving how everyone is wearing their braids! Our player designers are so talented.

Grand Viking Nicki
YoWorld Level: 291

Forum Posts: 357
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby Willow (13350872) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:38 pm

Vivica (13404458) wrote:
Isla (2518852) wrote:I'm glad others are getting a chance at this, but this is now a much less appealing sale to me in the long run. I probably won't buy anymore unless I absolutely love the item ( I did this one) and will work to get 1-2 varieties from the auction house.

Agreed.

I agree too and at least those of us who bought the first round know not to bother buying any in the future :thumbsup: I'm sure they'll be some that will still buy but it ruins the appeal as you said Isla :hug:
I ain't rich, but I damn sure wanna be
Workin' like a dog all day ain't workin' for me
I wish I had a rich uncle that'd kick the bucket
And I was sittin' on a pile like Warren Buffett

Willow (13350872)
YoWorld Level: 272

Forum Posts: 20942

Postby Chris (4327680) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:43 pm

Grand Viking Nicki wrote:I set the first couple to launch during work hours so that if anything broke, I could help fix them.

Great thinking that I never thought of, so I owe you an apology. I'm glad they're the same and that people have different time slots to try to catch. Earlier clarity/confirmation that they would be the same hairs would have helped both people hoping to catch one and people hoping they'd never be back again.

So, I'm sorry I griped again about "work hours" opportunities. I'm just cranky because I wasn't gifted a Papasan chair when I had a valid complaint. :D

Chris (4327680)

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions