[SALE] Spark Sale!

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [SALE] Spark Sale!

Postby Cheeya (2730905) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:47 pm

I bought the hair because i thought it was a one off thing. I could of kept my coins and bought the deal. Oh well glad others got a chance. Regrets, its a no from me tho, could never be me again. Done with these so called spark sales. I see no spark lol
Must be love on the brain, that's got me feeling this way..
TVDFOREVER {DAMON SALVATORE} #THEORIGINALSFOREVER{ELIJAH & NIKLAUS MIKAELSON
<--Globe: Modern farmhouse unfnished Home away from home
Cheeya (2730905)
YoWorld Level: 308
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2008

Forum Posts: 3443
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Willow (13350872) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:06 pm

Cheeya (2730905) wrote:I bought the hair because i thought it was a one off thing. I could of kept my coins and bought the deal. Oh well glad others got a chance. Regrets, its a no from me tho, could never be me again. Done with these so called spark sales. I see no spark lol

Same :haha: :thumbsup:
I ain't rich, but I damn sure wanna be
Workin' like a dog all day ain't workin' for me
I wish I had a rich uncle that'd kick the bucket
And I was sittin' on a pile like Warren Buffett

Willow (13350872)
YoWorld Level: 272
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 20943
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby Gooey (126579776) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:45 pm

So here we are. The lack of clarity built expectations that were just shattered. This has upset the "have's", and made the many more "have not's" very happy. And then there's me, who doesn't care because you couldn't glue that hair on me. BUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTT.............

There's a market here you guys could exploit - the market that wants to exploit other players. There will always be demand for GOOD items that are available for a limited time. The key is GOOD ITEMS, unlike the dingdilly Monthly Exclusives that rarely hold value. So what's that mean? You guys need to use hairs. Good ones. And put them in these Sparkly Sales or whatever the hell you wanna call em. And yeah, that means you will make hairs that are only available for sale for 3 hours. But you will amp up the trading market something fierce. I watched complacent Yo's with mountains of coins suddenly sit up in their chairs and run each other over to get the one they wanted. That hasn't happened in a while.

So I'd suggest you try again.........and follow your original format. Maybe do it for one hour 3 times in one day to allow for peeps around the globe to get in? But by definition it won't be fair. And that's ok. You will drive peeps to Yo for 3 hours on that day and they will spend. And the aftermath of it will be continued spending as people work to find the ones they want.

Try again BVG. Please. :smug:

All of the things you wished someone would have told you when you were at rock bottom, mean that you know exactly what someone who is struggling needs to hear right now in their worst moment....

Gooey (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 393
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 44580
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Alicen Chains (155870363) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:25 pm

Glad it's been clarified because I posted the pic on fb of what Vikings posted and it's STILL got people still thinking it's a mistake a week later. :dizzy: I'm good for now, prices are still plummeting so I'll wait to buy the one I want. <plain color>
Alicen Chains (155870363)
YoWorld Level: 322
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 06, 2010

Forum Posts: 13042
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Sparkly Siren (126550402) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:02 am

Someone posted on forum the sale was on so I jumped in game to buy the deal but checked AH before and found the colour I wanted for a good price for coins so I passed on the deal.

The idea of the spark sales are good but the items will have to be different each time for it to make any real impact, next time people will know the item is coming back so will just wait.

Sparkly Siren (126550402)
YoWorld Level: 297
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 3931

Postby Cheeya (2730905) » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:06 am

Sparkly Siren (126550402) wrote:Someone posted on forum the sale was on so I jumped in game to buy the deal but checked AH before and found the colour I wanted for a good price for coins so I passed on the deal.

The idea of the spark sales are good but the items will have to be different each time for it to make any real impact, next time people will know the item is coming back so will just wait.

Correct. If i knew it would have been the same item, i wouldn't have spent so much coins to get one, good thing i didnt want a rare. I figured the next sale would have been a different item, not saying the hair wouldn't come back but good grief not back to back.. This item could be on sale for weeks. Who knows.

Since the items are coming back i will know not to buy the deal, just wait til it returns and the value drops....if it is something i like.
Must be love on the brain, that's got me feeling this way..
TVDFOREVER {DAMON SALVATORE} #THEORIGINALSFOREVER{ELIJAH & NIKLAUS MIKAELSON
<--Globe: Modern farmhouse unfnished Home away from home
Cheeya (2730905)
YoWorld Level: 308
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2008

Forum Posts: 3443

Postby EXQ2 (126708002) » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:57 pm

Whatever happened with the sale to double up and use bonuses up to a week?

EXQ2 (126708002)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 52
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby Willow (13350872) » Sun May 02, 2021 7:00 pm

Cheeya (2730905) wrote:
Sparkly Siren (126550402) wrote:Someone posted on forum the sale was on so I jumped in game to buy the deal but checked AH before and found the colour I wanted for a good price for coins so I passed on the deal.

Correct. If i knew it would have been the same item, i wouldn't have spent so much coins to get one, good thing i didnt want a rare. I figured the next sale would have been a different item, not saying the hair wouldn't come back but good grief not back to back.. This item could be on sale for weeks. Who knows.

Since the items are coming back i will know not to buy the deal, just wait til it returns and the value drops....if it is something i like.

Exactly :heart:
I ain't rich, but I damn sure wanna be
Workin' like a dog all day ain't workin' for me
I wish I had a rich uncle that'd kick the bucket
And I was sittin' on a pile like Warren Buffett

Willow (13350872)
YoWorld Level: 272
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 20943

Postby Mz Thang (138469056) » Tue May 04, 2021 12:56 pm

This 'Spark Sale' WAS in Theory a great idea - but failed miserably for lack of foresight!
Although I was lucky enough to get the deal and the hair colours I wanted - I still think it was a failure for many.
Had the sale been the same style but different colours each time (which is what I thought would happen) - players would still be buzzing and Traders would be happy like a Pig in the proverbial! - instead everyone now has a case of the 'Meh!' and as it is the AH is still brimming with unwanted Bad Guys and those of us that have the hair don't view it as a collectible (if that was the initial idea behind the sale). I hope we have seen the last of this kind of 'Spark Sale' cos it was not the brightest of ideas IMHO.

Mz Thang (138469056)
YoWorld Level: 338
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 127
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Sat May 08, 2021 10:21 am

Mz Thang (138469056) wrote:This 'Spark Sale' WAS in Theory a great idea - but failed miserably for lack of foresight!
Although I was lucky enough to get the deal and the hair colours I wanted - I still think it was a failure for many.
Had the sale been the same style but different colours each time (which is what I thought would happen) - players would still be buzzing and Traders would be happy like a Pig in the proverbial! - instead everyone now has a case of the 'Meh!' and as it is the AH is still brimming with unwanted Bad Guys and those of us that have the hair don't view it as a collectible (if that was the initial idea behind the sale). I hope we have seen the last of this kind of 'Spark Sale' cos it was not the brightest of ideas IMHO.

:thumbsup: i actually prefer the old Exclusive sale we used to have on an occasional Sunday. i like this much better than the ME's and the Spark Sale. we would have two items to choose from and they had a much bigger quantity and were about for i think 5 or 6 hours. one of the most popular items in these was the Tiny Doghouse - EDIT - Theme Exclusives! i thought some of these had shorter timers. this one was 24hr but there was limited amount of items. you were limited to 3 each but they were around longer because a higher release amount. i think some of these may have been 10 & 20yc or 20 & 30yc??

ImageImage
“You become like the five people you spend the most time with. Choose carefully.” Jim Rohn
Act your age, not your shoe size
I just woke up and smelt the roses

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 357
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 21491

Postby Toink Toink (117686344) » Tue May 11, 2021 12:03 pm

Is the stairs flair a spark sale? :eh:
We are out of rice krispies har har

Toink Toink (117686344)