BVG HQ Down

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

BVG HQ Down

Postby JustJo (106622274) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:34 pm

:sad: heard the news today oh boy-Those at work are finished today and will be staying at home as our Mayor announced plans for the province of Ontario to close everything except essentials and pharmacies for a month.
Plans are for more to get the vaccine as we are so behind in this. -Wishing all BVG staff well -cuppa coffee and in pjs are in order tomorrow.

Of course the weather is beautiful and we are kinda stuck now as all things even small plans are all cut off.

This means both BVG HQ's are closed tomorrow-as one is in Toronto and one in London both in Ontario. :bye: waves to you all from my home -to yours.

stay safe

JustJo (106622274)
YoWorld Level: 287
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 86208
Forum Title: YoManiac

Re: BVG HQ Down

Postby Tansy Anne (187669609) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:48 pm

Weren't they working from home at the beginning of the pandemic. I'm sure they can again.
Tansy Anne (187669609)
YoWorld Level: 296
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 23, 2018

Forum Posts: 400
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby JustJo (106622274) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:55 pm

yes when it was mandatory but most placed did open back up-so much easier when they are all together in one place,and yes this means they have to converse via phone or internet and not face to face per say-team work is always better together in the HQ but it is again all shut down-they still work but not together physically. gotta be a rough job for each of them as they carry on working this way. sad that we have a month of this now tho-thought we were doing so much better :sad:

JustJo (106622274)
YoWorld Level: 287
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 86208
Forum Title: YoManiac

Postby Koats (185046372) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:59 pm

JustJo (106622274) wrote::sad: heard the news today oh boy-Those at work are finished today and will be staying at home as our Mayor announced plans for the province of Ontario to close everything except essentials and pharmacies for a month.
Plans are for more to get the vaccine as we are so behind in this. -Wishing all BVG staff well -cuppa coffee and in pjs are in order tomorrow.

Of course the weather is beautiful and we are kinda stuck now as all things even small plans are all cut off.

This means both BVG HQ's are closed tomorrow-as one is in Toronto and one in London both in Ontario. :bye: waves to you all from my home -to yours.

stay safe

Oh NO!!! We've been in total lockdown here since December and no signs of it changing yet. We paid a high price for coming out of lockdown for a couple of weeks on the run up to Christmas. I hope you all stay safe :hug:
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. – Albert Einstein

''Never argue with a fool - They will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!!" Mark Twain

Koats (185046372)
YoWorld Level: 371
YoWorld Start Date: May 18, 2013

Forum Posts: 7424
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: ' Keep your head when all about you are losing theirs'

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:31 am

I guess this is why there are no releases today???
*You don't fool me.* Silence is golden; duct tape is silver.
“You become like the five people you spend the most time with. Choose carefully.” Jim Rohn

JulieHootieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 353
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 18816
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby LisaTM (10095126) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:19 pm

I'm glad your mayor's taking precautions, at least! Here in the states, it's been a nightmare. Surges (not remotely shocking) after every major holiday.

That being said, while this all sucks bowling balls, it would be nice if players (not aimed at you, Jo, or at anyone in particular) gave BVG a break. They're trying to juggle the transition with having to deal with the stress of remote work. They're humans and not robots, and the stress is no doubt overwhelming. My boyfriend/hubby (not gonna attempt to explain that) works remotely and he's getting worn down. He's always been a very mellow guy and I'm watching him fall apart from stress. I'm worried for his health. He loves the luxury of not having to commute 2 hrs a day, but he's also on call at all hours so his sleep schedule's funky and that's not helping with stress. And while remote work is great in so many ways and may become the office setting permanently, it's still fairly new and problematic. So people are (lockdown or not) trying to keep themselves and others safe by working from home, and that stress can wreck their health. People's health and lives need to come before our need for a game to run smoothly. As much as I love this game and want to see it thrive, I also want to see the people who bring us this game thrive. /rant
ImageImage
"I don't want to lubricate that." - Guybrush Threepwood

LisaTM (10095126)
YoWorld Level: 339
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 18163

Postby dianabanana (111036364) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:25 pm

JustJo (106622274) wrote:yes when it was mandatory but most placed did open back up-so much easier when they are all together in one place,and yes this means they have to converse via phone or internet and not face to face per say-team work is always better together in the HQ but it is again all shut down-they still work but not together physically. gotta be a rough job for each of them as they carry on working this way. sad that we have a month of this now tho-thought we were doing so much better :sad:

sorry you have to go back in lockdown, jj. i live in a state that's been pretty compliant with masks and social distancing which has meant the govenor has loosed up and opened up so much. our vacanation rate is pretty high too, which helps with openinig up more, even our major league baseball team's statidum can open up at 30% capacity. i read on smart news last night the cdc is urging americans not to travel to canada now. hope your and bvg's lockdown isn't too much longer.

somebody asked what is the dumbest thing i've ever done and i said it's pretty bold of you to think i've peaked.

dianabanana (111036364)
YoWorld Level: 395
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 31, 2009

Forum Posts: 13983
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:52 pm

Their well-being is of top priority. I don’t mind not having YoWorld at this time of crisis and emergency, however long it may take. Take your time and stay safe, Vikings! Stay safe everyone, wherever you are! :heart:

Take precaution even after completing vaccination. You might still be an asymptomatic carrier and can infect others. You might still be infected by a different strain.

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 415
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015

Forum Posts: 19281

Postby Jon Snow (126579776) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:29 pm

I hope it works. Be safe. :)

The first rule of Passive Aggressive Club is....you know what? Nevermind. It's FINE.

The creative adult is the part of the child that survived....
Jon Snow (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 387
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 44284
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Return to YoWorld Discussions