It's Been Agreed Upon...THEMES Arriving Much, Much Too Fast

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: It's Been Agreed Upon...THEMES Arriving Much, Much Too F

Postby Vanessa (185747144) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:09 pm

A long time ago one of the reasons I quit Yoville because they started releasing items too often for my liking, what was it, like 1 release a week? Lol Really, I'm used to the daily releases, I like looking at the new releases and searching the AH for a deal. Also, I feel pressure to always be doing something because I take part in the challenges. It would be nice to have a small break in between challenges so I did not feel the pressure. Or, maybe we could have a GE with prizes I do not care for.
:?: Haha :thumbsup:

Vanessa (185747144)
YoWorld Level: 265
YoWorld Start Date: May 20, 2014

Forum Posts: 627
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Chris (4327680) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:12 pm

Slowing down to produce more/better, absolutely 100% in favor.

Slowing down just for the sake of going slower... nah. I like having something to do every day, or I'd get bored.
Buy / Sell / Trade / Wishes are at: Christine's Corner Top Wishes: Wish List
Always wishes: XO2018 Black Area Rugs, Dining Chairs/Stools, Brown Hairs (I return any hairs I already have.)

Chris (4327680)
YoWorld Level: 334
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 30, 2008

Forum Posts: 5523
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Kat (106520804) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:12 am

LisaTM (10095126) wrote:Agree 100%. I don't even usually decorate in one theme; my places are almost always mixed and matched and done at my own pace, but the speed at which they're both cranking out new and often incomplete themes AND vaulting older themes is making my head spin. I can't tell you how many times I think of an item I want to use and can't remember what recent theme it's from or what it's called.

I think this method works for some who like to decorate with current themes as they're going on, and there's nothing wrong with that. But it's definitely problematic for those of us who like to take our time and mix and match themes. I almost feel like I need to make lists of what item is from what theme so I can remember the name or theme code. But that's a lot more work than I want to do. I miss the days of solid, complete themes that lasted a month or so. The quality was better and they didn't leave out kitchens, baths, etc.

All well said Lisa. I miss getting complete themes and if I wasn't like you with the mix and match thing and not just using one theme to complete rooms I'd probably have already quit playing. Thankfully I have enough stuff in my inventory to decorate for the life of the game including enough houses. So this doesn't really affect me but I really hate not having complete well thought out themes. Trying to crank all this new stuff out so fast means things just aren't done as well. I hate having to complete the GE's with what we have now because there's never enough stuff without buying multiples of the same thing. I loved the stuff in the last theme, and was hoping we'd get a lot more of it. I was shocked when it ended so fast. I much preferred the fun of twice a week offerings and my daughter and brother and so many other family members and friends would all wait excitedly for those new releases to see what we were getting. It was much more fun than this constant daily releases.

Kat (106520804)
YoWorld Level: 388
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 15, 2016

Forum Posts: 1962
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:29 am

Kat (106520804) wrote:
LisaTM (10095126) wrote:Agree 100%. I don't even usually decorate in one theme; my places are almost always mixed and matched and done at my own pace, but the speed at which they're both cranking out new and often incomplete themes AND vaulting older themes is making my head spin. I can't tell you how many times I think of an item I want to use and can't remember what recent theme it's from or what it's called.

I think this method works for some who like to decorate with current themes as they're going on, and there's nothing wrong with that. But it's definitely problematic for those of us who like to take our time and mix and match themes. I almost feel like I need to make lists of what item is from what theme so I can remember the name or theme code. But that's a lot more work than I want to do. I miss the days of solid, complete themes that lasted a month or so. The quality was better and they didn't leave out kitchens, baths, etc.

All well said Lisa. I miss getting complete themes and if I wasn't like you with the mix and match thing and not just using one theme to complete rooms I'd probably have already quit playing. Thankfully I have enough stuff in my inventory to decorate for the life of the game including enough houses. So this doesn't really affect me but I really hate not having complete well thought out themes. Trying to crank all this new stuff out so fast means things just aren't done as well. I hate having to complete the GE's with what we have now because there's never enough stuff without buying multiples of the same thing. I loved the stuff in the last theme, and was hoping we'd get a lot more of it. I was shocked when it ended so fast. I much preferred the fun of twice a week offerings and my daughter and brother and so many other family members and friends would all wait excitedly for those new releases to see what we were getting. It was much more fun than this constant daily releases.

all that ^^^^ :thumbsup: :trophy:
“You become like the five people you spend the most time with. Choose carefully.” Jim Rohn
Act your age, not your shoe size
I just woke up and smelt the roses

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 354
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 21218
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby Kio (185180932) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:26 am

Not everyone likes/uses every theme, so from a business perspective the fast variety helps those players stay connected to the game. I would rather they take the risk of quicker themes if necessary because it is more entertaining than dragging out a theme that maybe isnt all that interesting. I imagine they must benefit from their target audiences more by including more variety at a faster pace. Larger longer themes wouldn't be the end of the world, but they are mind-numbing when it is a theme someone doesn't like and as a result those players put off participation and then use their time elsewhere which in the long run might not be great business incentive to keep players hooked or attentive. But I do see the wants and desires of both sides.
This is a block of text that can be added about yourself to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Kio (185180932)
YoWorld Level: 266
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 21, 2013

Forum Posts: 14157
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:01 am

kio (185180932) wrote:Not everyone likes/uses every theme, so from a business perspective the fast variety helps those players stay connected to the game. I would rather they take the risk of quicker themes if necessary because it is more entertaining than dragging out a theme that maybe isnt all that interesting. I imagine they must benefit from their target audiences more by including more variety at a faster pace. Larger longer themes wouldn't be the end of the world, but they are mind-numbing when it is a theme someone doesn't like and as a result those players put off participation and then use their time elsewhere which in the long run might not be great business incentive to keep players hooked or attentive. But I do see the wants and desires of both sides.

yeah i see from both sides but then i remember when people had fun meeting in game, doing events, parties etc. i feel so swamped with the fast pace it puts me off the game. if i didn't like a theme i would happily spend time sorting my inventory, selling stuff, buying a home and decorating with the themes we have still around. now when there is a theme i like i don't buy the home or hardly any of the stuff cos i know i won't have time to complete it. i just but a few things like the interactives. i've passed current themes and quit the gem events now so im spending a lot less in the game. my time now is searching the AH for old stuff im looking for and going through the vault stuff cos they keep vaulting great old themes. i was so busy working on the MG2018 stuff i couldn't tell you what the last few themes were now
“You become like the five people you spend the most time with. Choose carefully.” Jim Rohn
Act your age, not your shoe size
I just woke up and smelt the roses

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 354
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 21218
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby Kio (185180932) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:12 am

Theresa (122233016) wrote:
kio (185180932) wrote:Not everyone likes/uses every theme, so from a business perspective the fast variety helps those players stay connected to the game. I would rather they take the risk of quicker themes if necessary because it is more entertaining than dragging out a theme that maybe isnt all that interesting. I imagine they must benefit from their target audiences more by including more variety at a faster pace. Larger longer themes wouldn't be the end of the world, but they are mind-numbing when it is a theme someone doesn't like and as a result those players put off participation and then use their time elsewhere which in the long run might not be great business incentive to keep players hooked or attentive. But I do see the wants and desires of both sides.

yeah i see from both sides but then i remember when people had fun meeting in game, doing events, parties etc. i feel so swamped with the fast pace it puts me off the game. if i didn't like a theme i would happily spend time sorting my inventory, selling stuff, buying a home and decorating with the themes we have still around. now when there is a theme i like i don't buy the home or hardly any of the stuff cos i know i won't have time to complete it. i just but a few things like the interactives. i've passed current themes and quit the gem events now so im spending a lot less in the game. my time now is searching the AH for old stuff im looking for and going through the vault stuff cos they keep vaulting great old themes. i was so busy working on the MG2018 stuff i couldn't tell you what the last few themes were now

I understand. There is no balance for everyone to agree on, especially not with this community. I am the type to try to adapt to whatever bvg does. I think the way things have gone they are just trying to be lucky if they do and lucky if they don't, and there is so many mixed opinions it's impossible to please anyone here anymore. There is themes I anticipated and didn't end up buying much from. They must factor in that just because they do a theme we like doesn't mean we will enjoy the outcome, so the best way is to move on and hope that we like something from the variety. I really get how both parties feel. I just choose not to be bothered by it because it's no way to play. Adapting here is key. I would not be bothered if they slowed things down but with how much opinions vary it doesn't surprise me the way they do things these days. They are darned if they do and darned if they don't. What makes one person happy will send another in to a fit of disappointment. There is no predicting these things. we only have the past to compare to. and that isn't always a beneficial starting point either. Anyway, hope those players find a happy medium.
This is a block of text that can be added about yourself to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Kio (185180932)

Postby LisaTM (10095126) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:28 am

You make a good point, and I absolutely see that side of it, too. I’ve never been one to gripe about themes I don’t like, even when I find them depressing or creepy. I always have played and decorated my own way and have continued to financially support the game because it’s a creative outlet for me. I go through creative dry spells and spend time trying to sell stuff off, looking in the AH for stuff, etc. There’s always something to keep me busy. I get frustrated with the pace, but I know some need shiny, new things to stay engaged and from a business perspective, they do have to cater to the wants of those players, as well. I don’t have any solution to this problem; BVG can’t please all the customers all the time. I think they try though. I just wish it were easier to find stuff in the store and keep track of what was in a deal or has been vaulted before I get a chance to grab things.
ImageImage
"I don't want to lubricate that." - Guybrush Threepwood

LisaTM (10095126)
YoWorld Level: 339
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 18164
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby Kio (185180932) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:37 am

LisaTM (10095126) wrote:

You make a good point, and I absolutely see that side of it, too. I’ve never been one to gripe about themes I don’t like, even when I find them depressing or creepy. I always have played and decorated my own way and have continued to financially support the game because it’s a creative outlet for me. I go through creative dry spells and spend time trying to sell stuff off, looking in the AH for stuff, etc. There’s always something to keep me busy. I get frustrated with the pace, but I know some need shiny, new things to stay engaged and from a business perspective, they do have to cater to the wants of those players, as well. I don’t have any solution to this problem; BVG can’t please all the customers all the time. I think they try though. I just wish it were easier to find stuff in the store and keep track of what was in a deal or has been vaulted before I get a chance to grab things.

Well said. I agree! and yeah I don't know of a solution either. What may be overwhelming for one may still leave another with nothing to do. It's really kinda all over the place. Hope you are doing well.
:heart:
Kio (185180932)

Postby LisaTM (10095126) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:05 am

Kat (106520804) wrote:

I’ve got plenty of inventory, too. It just doesn’t always work together :haha: Even as a mix and matcher, I try to keep things somewhat on theme. Not theme theme, but whatever style theme I’m doing. If I want to do a classic/vintage Craftsman, some of the pieces in the modern Craftsman theme work, but trying to transform the exterior of a house is tricky. There’s not a lot of pillars for the exterior that work as the classic style. But if we suggest and get a classic/vintage craftsman theme, people will complain (understandably) that we already had a craftsman theme, even though it’s not quite the same.

Trying to complete an entire house is tedious and often takes me ages to complete. And I learned the hard way that what I thought was hoarding some staples wasn’t nearly enough. Then I try to find them in the AH and never see them. Then they release another version of the same type of thing but not as good as the original. I feel like there’s a lot of repetition and there are so many things we’ve never gotten, both with decor and clothing.

I’ve seen a lot of suggestions about having an updated home goods store for the little staples/essentials and I think that’s a great idea. I think it would be awesome if they also added a section to the depot that’s a collection of various architectural styles of pillars, beams, doors, windows, etc. even if they don’t release a whole theme and house in that style. It would make transformations a lot easier and I’m sure they would sell.
ImageImage
"I don't want to lubricate that." - Guybrush Threepwood

LisaTM (10095126)
YoWorld Level: 339
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 18164
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby XxVioletVixenxX (139135464) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:13 am

Chris (4327680) wrote:Slowing down to produce more/better, absolutely 100% in favor.

Slowing down just for the sake of going slower... nah. I like having something to do every day, or I'd get bored.

Totally. I want more complete themes but not board. The rest of it doesn't really apply to me. :heart:
I see both sides. I don't want less content. That is my concern. :heart:
Thank you YoAngel's!!! Click on my siggy to add me on FB <3 Thank You new neighbors for the adds!
BadMoon made this beautiful siggy! See BadMoon for all your siggy needs! <3

XxVioletVixenxX (139135464)
YoWorld Level: 303
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 07, 2009

Forum Posts: 10784
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Goddess Zane (2435988) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:04 pm

Xanthe Rosa (126579776) wrote:
XxDarkMarioxX (104376062) wrote:It be so boring if they slower down because enjoy seeing new items everyday and just to let you know can work both ways you could also wait for the theme to finish before doing it and save abit coins while you wait for theme to end because we all dont have to buy the theme once it started!

This is exactly what I do. I wait for them to finish and then I think about it. I can't be bothered with a decor project every day.

I work at my own pace. A lot of times, I may do just the entrance and leave the rest undone. Then, when there's a 50% off sale, I decorate like mad. So, I DO get frenzied but usually during sales. Now, that having been said, I do buy from the pop-ups. I just don't always use it right away. Sometimes, like with the Easter Sunday sale, I use the 50% off items in creative ways. Or I just hoard for another day.

No one is forcing anyone to go at any pace. That's on you. If you let it stress you out, that's within your control as well.

Goddess Zane (2435988)
YoWorld Level: 375
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 04, 2008

Forum Posts: 1318
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby Chris (4327680) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:33 pm

Everything we're discussing falls under everyone having a different style of play.

Can anyone think of any universally liked element of the game? If not, then ANYTHING someone enjoys is something another Yo would like dropped, and vice versa. I enjoy gem events, which some people have no use for and want dropped. Based on the YC people say they spend, I'd expect a huge outcray if hairs slowed down, but it wouldn't bother me at all. The impact of slowing down themes would affect me the same way the impact of slowing down hairs would seemingly affect many.

Personally, I like the speed at which things come out because I started with almost nothing 18 months ago and I'm trying to catch up on overflowing inventory so I have more decorating choices. That isn't important to people who played for many years consistently. If they slow it down (without proportionate improvement) I won't be happy, but I'll shrug and decorate more.

No one is going to be 100% happy, so it comes down to managing expectations. If I'm disappointed by anything in-game, I just accept that others are happy and wait for my next turn.
Buy / Sell / Trade / Wishes are at: Christine's Corner Top Wishes: Wish List
Always wishes: XO2018 Black Area Rugs, Dining Chairs/Stools, Brown Hairs (I return any hairs I already have.)

Chris (4327680)
YoWorld Level: 334
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 30, 2008

Forum Posts: 5523
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby FFFZshaPooksCr8z (124419614) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:12 pm

XxPurpleHazexX (139135464) wrote:
Kat (106520804) wrote:I will have to agree with you. I'd much rather have a theme take a few weeks instead of what seems lately like a week and we have a new theme already. That would give BVG time to give us a complete theme instead of just a few things. I can barely level a room up with what we get now.

This I agree with completely. Even if I have to wait a few wks to get to a theme I want, I get really disappointed with incomplete themes. I was shocked at the last space theme. I am not buying themes until I see the full release. If there is not enough, I will skip it. I am buying this one, I love it and would anyway. I am done aside from this theme.
Zynga could really complete a theme. I miss that so much!

FFFZshaPooksCr8z (124419614)

XxPurpleHazexX...Regarding your comment "I was shocked at the last space theme..." You and me BOTH! It'd ended as soon as it began! If that's what you were referring to? I had 2 completed rooms when 'BAM!'...the new 'Cottage' theme appeared. I was like..."Uh...what just happened?" So I'd left it with only 2 rooms completed and moved on. That would have to be the fastest moving theme I've seen since 2009. That I can recall anyway.
Peace, Love & Light... :heart:

FFFZshaPooksCr8z (124419614)
YoWorld Level: 318
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 15
Forum Title: YoRookie

Previous

Return to YoWorld Discussions