It's Been Agreed Upon...THEMES Arriving Much, Much Too Fast

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

It's Been Agreed Upon...THEMES Arriving Much, Much Too Fast

Postby FFFZshaPooksCr8z (124419614) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:04 am

New THEMES are if not overlapping, racing in, much, much too fast. Everyone within my circle agrees 100%. There just is not enough time to decorate with ease...not enough time period, before the next theme is released. Some YoWorlders may employed, have families...are busy outside of Yo. If everyone had nothing other than time to decorate in YoWorld, that which would be amazing, we could knock out a theme in no time but otherwise it's a challenge...big time. Decorating should be a time spent for relaxation and creativity and with that you need a bit of time. We're rushed through every theme. I mean...what's the urgency? I'm sure YoWorld must be struggling from time to time to create ideas for upcoming themes without duplications and such. If it were to slow down a bit I would imagine it would make life easier...at least in YoWorld...for everyone. If it's about YoWorld cashing in, well, I spend a pretty penny in this game and I tend to spend LESS money when the theme zooms through and I am unable to finish a house. I don't want to invest in a home I am unable to complete. So basically I would spend a LOT more if I knew that I had time to think for one and slowly made purchases as decorating in a timely manner. I've decorated 2 rooms in the Cottage themed house (I would tell you the 'official' name of the house but the game is currently frozen) and the next 'Celestial' type theme was just released. I'm not going to finish that Cottage house I don't have time because 'my' process is to move on to the next theme. I know...I don't need to do it in that order but my OCD self does need to do it in that order. Either way...I do love this game, yes I do...just asking if you can slow it down a bit...with love. :heart:
Peace, Love & Light... :heart:

FFFZshaPooksCr8z (124419614)
YoWorld Level: 318
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 15
Forum Title: YoRookie

Re: It's Been Agreed Upon...THEMES Arriving Much, Much Too F

Postby XxPurpleHazexX (139135464) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:14 am

I'm cool with it. I don't like waiting forever for new themes. :heart:
I am a single mom of three and am a double major.
I am on spring break this wk but I still work a bit.
I get things done when I do, I don't see why it matters how fast themes come out, I spend a pretty penny as well. If something is limited and I need it, I buy it and save the item. The new releases in the store will be there quite a while.
I don't see why this is an issue. I get board when nothing new comes out. I do skip a lot of themes and am in no hurry to decorate. That said I really miss the twice a wk releases. Really it doesn't matter, I get to things when I can. :heart:,
The twice a wk releases made things more exciting but they won't do it.
So if this is how it is, I am ok with it.
I am not sure why new items would interfere with you finishing what you started?
I mean just what I think, they can do it however you guys want really. I just skip a lot of theme that are not exciting so I feel like I wait a long time.
Last edited by XxPurpleHazexX (139135464) on Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:20 am, edited 4 times in total.
If time is money, you have no clocks-Eminem
To add me as a neighbor on FB: https://www.facebook.com/angela.elvebak
Thank You YoAngels! I Appreciate You!

XxPurpleHazexX (139135464)
YoWorld Level: 301
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 07, 2009

Forum Posts: 10521
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Rod (126579776) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:15 am

There's a group of players that love new stuff every day. Hell, they get paranoid when it's not out within 10 minutes of the scheduled feeding frenzy each morning. They get bored in 5 minutes, but my guess is that they spend emotionally which makes them an excellent source of income. BVG feeds them because they keep eating.

But I'm with you and your friends. Nothing is special now, because we get more every day. We are barraged with a maelstrom of content from the BVG firehose. And because they push so hard to get it to us daily, it suffers in both quality and creativity. I tease about how I click through the pop ups each morning, but I'm not lying. I close them as fast as they open without reading them. Because I just don't care. I can't take new stuff every day. I am a careful planner. I work and rework projects in my head, and when I am ready, I do them. It might take me a MONTH to do a single room.

The game was better when we got wearables on Tuesday and decor on Fridays - and the OCCASIONAL single item in a pop up as a special here and there outside of those days. But nope. That wasn't good enough. People have the attention span of a gnat in a hurricane these days. So we get what we get.

The first rule of Passive Aggressive Club is....you know what? Nevermind. It's FINE.

The creative adult is the part of the child that survived....
Rod (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 384
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 44109
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Kat (106520804) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:19 am

I will have to agree with you. I'd much rather have a theme take a few weeks instead of what seems lately like a week and we have a new theme already. That would give BVG time to give us a complete theme instead of just a few things. I can barely level a room up with what we get now.

Kat (106520804)
YoWorld Level: 387
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 15, 2016

Forum Posts: 1930
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby XxPurpleHazexX (139135464) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:22 am

Kat (106520804) wrote:I will have to agree with you. I'd much rather have a theme take a few weeks instead of what seems lately like a week and we have a new theme already. That would give BVG time to give us a complete theme instead of just a few things. I can barely level a room up with what we get now.

This I agree with completely. Even if I have to wait a few wks to get to a theme I want, I get really disappointed with incomplete themes. I was shocked at the last space theme. I am not buying themes until I see the full release. If there is not enough, I will skip it. I am buying this one, I love it and would anyway. I am done aside from this theme.
Zynga could really complete a theme. I miss that so much!

Postby dianabanana (111036364) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:25 am

amen to slowing down a bit. i sure do miss tues and thurs only release days. i enjoyed the slower pace and would throughly enjoy 2 release days out of seven. especially with nicer weather arriving in my neck of the woods i don't get to play yo every single day. a big front and back yard need a lot of care and time. we always plant a huge veggie garden which takes time that i throughly enjoy. we will open our pool end of next month here and family will be around a lot which takes up more of my time although i love, love more time with them. so i agree with op amd xanthe rose. many older players survived and thrived with 2 days a week releases. wish yo could go back to that instead of new items every single day

the first thing you should realize about me is i'm not you. a lot should start to fall in place for you then.

dianabanana (111036364)
YoWorld Level: 394
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 31, 2009

Forum Posts: 13923
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby XxPurpleHazexX (139135464) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:51 am

I love the twice a wk releases due to my mom and friends having parties as we were waiting to see the release.
I am not sure how releasing the same amount of items a little each day or all on one day a wk really makes a difference. They are there no matter what day you go into play. They accumulate to the amount of the larger release. If someone could tell me the piece I am missing I would appreciate it. :heart:

Postby XxDarkMarioxX (104376062) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:55 am

It be so boring if they slower down because enjoy seeing new items everyday and just to let you know can work both ways you could also wait for the theme to finish before doing it and save abit coins while you wait for theme to end because we all dont have to buy the theme once it started!

XxDarkMarioxX (104376062)
YoWorld Level: 360
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 18731
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby Rod (126579776) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:03 pm

XxDarkMarioxX (104376062) wrote:It be so boring if they slower down because enjoy seeing new items everyday and just to let you know can work both ways you could also wait for the theme to finish before doing it and save abit coins while you wait for theme to end because we all dont have to buy the theme once it started!

This is exactly what I do. I wait for them to finish and then I think about it. I can't be bothered with a decor project every day.

The first rule of Passive Aggressive Club is....you know what? Nevermind. It's FINE.

Rod (126579776)

Postby Isla (2518852) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:16 pm

I'd also prefer a slightly longer wait time between themes. The only time I wouldn't is when I don't love the current theme, but even then I can always use that time to save up and search for stuff I want to collect. That is also fruitful in my opinion.

Also agree with those above that anything outside of an avenue I generally wait to decorate after the fact as well. Sometimes the best vision you can have for a home or theme is when all the décor items are already available in the store.

Quality
---------
Quantity

:thumbsup:

Isla (2518852)
YoWorld Level: 291
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 07, 2008

Forum Posts: 1543
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby XxPurpleHazexX (139135464) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:49 pm

XxDarkMarioxX (104376062) wrote:It be so boring if they slower down because enjoy seeing new items everyday and just to let you know can work both ways you could also wait for the theme to finish before doing it and save abit coins while you wait for theme to end because we all dont have to buy the theme once it started!

Totally! We in my opinion get lets less content than before. I would have to agree with your post. I like seeing new stuff but I don't feel a rush to do anything. If I need to buy something to save for when I get there I do. Usu buy the house, throw in stuff I have a limited time to buy and go back to do my thing. I screwed myself getting into the space theme unaware the release would be so small and not scaled correctly for the house. Lesson learned. Cool Outfit. :heart:

Postby LisaTM (10095126) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:53 pm

Agree 100%. I don't even usually decorate in one theme; my places are almost always mixed and matched and done at my own pace, but the speed at which they're both cranking out new and often incomplete themes AND vaulting older themes is making my head spin. I can't tell you how many times I think of an item I want to use and can't remember what recent theme it's from or what it's called.

I think this method works for some who like to decorate with current themes as they're going on, and there's nothing wrong with that. But it's definitely problematic for those of us who like to take our time and mix and match themes. I almost feel like I need to make lists of what item is from what theme so I can remember the name or theme code. But that's a lot more work than I want to do. I miss the days of solid, complete themes that lasted a month or so. The quality was better and they didn't leave out kitchens, baths, etc.
ImageImage
"I don't want to lubricate that." - Guybrush Threepwood

LisaTM (10095126)
YoWorld Level: 339
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 18123
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:08 pm

100% agree with you and there have been some discussions on here many a time with loads of us saying we all want less releases and slower speed with the themes etc. same in FB groups im in with people who are not forumers. lots have done the same as me and given up doing current themes and GE's. i just wasn't completing homes and as im not a fan of decorating bathrooms, bedrooms n kitchens i never had the incentive to go back and complete them. Autumn Glory done a great thread about wanting options for homes with just mostly outdoor rooms. i just don't have the time to keep up with fast paced themes, loads of releases everyday, GE's and Vaulting big old great themes. the game isn't relaxing anymore and became stressful and a chore...therefore im on there a lot less now
“You become like the five people you spend the most time with. Choose carefully.” Jim Rohn

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 352
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 21133
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:09 pm

LisaTM (10095126) wrote:Agree 100%. I don't even usually decorate in one theme; my places are almost always mixed and matched and done at my own pace, but the speed at which they're both cranking out new and often incomplete themes AND vaulting older themes is making my head spin. I can't tell you how many times I think of an item I want to use and can't remember what recent theme it's from or what it's called.

I think this method works for some who like to decorate with current themes as they're going on, and there's nothing wrong with that. But it's definitely problematic for those of us who like to take our time and mix and match themes. I almost feel like I need to make lists of what item is from what theme so I can remember the name or theme code. But that's a lot more work than I want to do. I miss the days of solid, complete themes that lasted a month or so. The quality was better and they didn't leave out kitchens, baths, etc.

:thumbsup: :trophy:
“You become like the five people you spend the most time with. Choose carefully.” Jim Rohn

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 352
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 21133
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby XxPurpleHazexX (139135464) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:25 pm

Theresa (122233016) wrote:100% agree with you and there have been some discussions on here many a time with loads of us saying we all want less releases and slower speed with the themes etc. same in FB groups im in with people who are not forumers. lots have done the same as me and given up doing current themes and GE's. i just wasn't completing homes and as im not a fan of decorating bathrooms, bedrooms n kitchens i never had the incentive to go back and complete them. Autumn Glory done a great thread about wanting options for homes with just mostly outdoor rooms. i just don't have the time to keep up with fast paced themes, loads of releases everyday, GE's and Vaulting big old great themes. the game isn't relaxing anymore and became stressful and a chore...therefore im on there a lot less now

I can understand this. They should complete the theme with specific rooms a wk at a time. It is easier if it's out all at once weekly. I am not the biggest decorator, I am trying to improve. Longer themes either way they release items would be great. I miss full bathrooms, kitchens and ect. I am grateful things are at least tagged with the year included. I hate trying to find my old zynga items. They could tag them by the year and I would be incredibly happy! I am guessing that is easier said than done.

Postby Rod (126579776) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:35 pm

Remember when Zynga decided to start OVERLAPPING themes for about 6 months as they sent this game straight into the toilet? We'd sometimes have days with one theme leaving, one going on, and one starting up. Those were sure cluster %*&^%.

Rod (126579776)

Postby Cari (111358653) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:15 pm

I personally dont like waiting on new themes. I like how when one ends another begins. Especially if the current theme is one I do not care for. That being said BVG can not make everyone happy every single day.

Cari (111358653)
YoWorld Level: 312
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 01, 2009

Forum Posts: 98
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby Thursday Soleil (136586881) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:48 pm

I don't feel rushed.
"This must be Thursday", said Arthur musing to himself, sinking low over his beer, " I never could get the hang of Thursdays."-HHGTTG

Thursday Soleil (136586881)
YoWorld Level: 308
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 22, 2009

Forum Posts: 9820
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Meggie (13723566) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:05 pm

Not when you are twiddling your thumbs as you wait for a theme to end, like the current theme. Leave it as it is, some of us like it. :thumbsup:

Meggie (13723566)
YoWorld Level: 350
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 14, 2009

Forum Posts: 77
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby Rod (126579776) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:07 pm

Meggie (13723566) wrote:Not when you are twiddling your thumbs as you wait for a theme to end, like the current theme. Leave it as it is, some of us like it. :thumbsup:

I can't wait for this one to be over. And I pray the next one is fluffy bubblegum glitter bombs. There is evil inside my head waiting to get out....... :devil:

Rod (126579776)

Next

Return to YoWorld Discussions