YoCash Ruined YoVille/YoWorld

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: YoCash Ruined YoVille/YoWorld

Postby Chris (4327680) » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:37 pm

Skippy (126579776) wrote:We can still earn one a day.

Do you mean via ads? I thought that it says it refreshes every four hours? I've never watched enough to be able to investigate.
Buy / Sell / Trade / Wishes are at: Christine's Corner Top Wishes: Wish List
Always wishes: XO2018 Black Area Rugs, Dining Chairs/Stools, Brown Hairs (I return any hairs I already have.)

Chris (4327680)
YoWorld Level: 334
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 30, 2008

Forum Posts: 5523
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Jon Snow (126579776) » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:45 pm

Chris (4327680) wrote:

Do you mean via ads? I thought that it says it refreshes every four hours? I've never watched enough to be able to investigate.

I've only seen one per day, but I've not stopped watching them to wait 4 hours to test it. I've never seen the 4 hour thing? :?:

The first rule of Passive Aggressive Club is....you know what? Nevermind. It's FINE.

The creative adult is the part of the child that survived....
Jon Snow (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 387
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 44284
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby CountryDude89 (11877186) » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:53 pm

Love it or hate it, thats the way Capitalism works. If the devs wasn't making money, then there wouldn't be no Yoworld. *shrugs*
CountryDude89 (11877186)
YoWorld Level: 208
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 18, 2009

Forum Posts: 21018
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby Smitten Kitten (136864592) » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:26 pm

Viking Sam wrote:
Thursday Soleil (136586881) wrote:Welcome to the Forum. We have punch and pie. :D

Whoa hold the phone, no one told me there was punch AND pie. Are you all holding out on me? :wailing:

:haha: ;)

Smitten Kitten (136864592)
YoWorld Level: 352
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 21270
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby Chris (4327680) » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:28 pm

Skippy (126579776) wrote:
Chris (4327680) wrote:

I've only seen one per day, but I've not stopped watching them to wait 4 hours to test it. I've never seen the 4 hour thing? :?:

I tried to check just now, but they are all out of offers. I was asked to please check back later for more.
Always wishes: XO2018 Black Area Rugs, Dining Chairs/Stools, Brown Hairs (I return any hairs I already have.)

Chris (4327680)

Postby Vanessa (185747144) » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:35 pm

Chris (4327680) wrote:
Chris (4327680) wrote:

I tried to check just now, but they are all out of offers. I was asked to please check back later for more.

This evening my Yoworld Browser would let me watch 1 ad then told me there were no more and to check later or whatever that message says. It kept doing it, would let me see one ad then cut me off for less then 5 minutes then I could watch 1 more. It felt like it was taking me forever to get to my daily yocash so I closed the Yoworld Browser and got on Avast browser, Avast let me go from ad to ad with no problems.

Vanessa (185747144)
YoWorld Level: 265
YoWorld Start Date: May 20, 2014

Forum Posts: 627
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Jon Snow (126579776) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:37 am

Vanessa (185747144) wrote:
Chris (4327680) wrote:
Chris (4327680) wrote:

This evening my Yoworld Browser would let me watch 1 ad then told me there were no more and to check later or whatever that message says. It kept doing it, would let me see one ad then cut me off for less then 5 minutes then I could watch 1 more. It felt like it was taking me forever to get to my daily yocash so I closed the Yoworld Browser and got on Avast browser, Avast let me go from ad to ad with no problems.

Glad you found a way that worked for you!

The first rule of Passive Aggressive Club is....you know what? Nevermind. It's FINE.

Jon Snow (126579776)

Postby SkyracerJamie (103175992) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:48 am

Without yocash BVG would not be able to work and keep this game alive. If they got rid of yocash no more YoWorld unless they put up a monthly fee to play which they won’t do. Zynga never did so neither will BVG. I buy yocash and buy yocash items and give away extras so that people who don’t have yocash or the coins to buy yocash items can own yocash items in game. Yocash has got me saying it too much.

BVG does exactly what millions of other game’s developers do, keep YoWorld FREE

I love Tacos. No touchy my Tacos!

SkyracerJamie (103175992)
YoWorld Level: 265
YoWorld Start Date: May 21, 2009

Forum Posts: 574
Forum Title: YoSupporter
Location: In bikini bottom with Spongebob and the rest of the gang

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:57 am

Let's make YoWorld a communist state.

i'm just kidding pls dont hate me
Leeum (130695460)
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 26614
Forum Title: YoManiac

Postby Jon Snow (126579776) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:03 am

Let's fix the title.......

YoCash Built YoVille/YoWorld

:haha:

Jon Snow (126579776)

Postby Kat (106520804) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:10 am

Chris (4327680) wrote:Shorty and Mrs Poker already covered everything.

It still irks me that a lot of people play and don’t pay, but it was pointed out that any active player, regardless, is good for the game, and I get that. To complain about something that you’re getting for free, though...

I do understand how you feel but since I've been in the position in 2010 of not knowing if we'd have enough money at the end of the month to pay the bills I feel differently about it. My husband was laid off when the company he worked for laid off a huge amount of people and he was one of them. We went from a comfortable paycheck to barely able to scrape by. I was already playing yoville and fortunately I had a friend from the grand ole opry that was an avid player at that time and she could afford endless yc but could never keep enough coins in the game to buy the coin things. By that time I'd built up enough coins to share and so she'd buy anything I wanted for yc and I'd send her coins. My daughter would gift me with gift cards now and then and I used that YC for homes only. I wouldn't want someone not to play because they couldn't afford YC and also the sellers would not be able to sell if there was no one to buy their items they were selling and that's more than not, those that can't afford yc that are the buyers. This game may be one of the few things they have that they can enjoy to beat the stress of going through a difficult time financially.
To the OP, there are ways to get yc, the red chests occasionally pay out 3 yc, you can get one a day from videos, go in the desktop app each day and over the course of a month you'll build up another 15 yc. Then there is the "slight possibility" of getting the yc from gem events. Past that as others have said the company uses the sales of yc to keep the game going. You can usually get almost anything you want in the AH with coins other than homes. I hope someday they change it so that we can sell and buy those in the AH as well as pets. You can get a lot of coins each day with ads, opening chests from friends visits and the chests sent by friends each day build up a lot if you have a lot of friends and buddies. Those coins will help you to buy what you want other than homes.

Kat (106520804)
YoWorld Level: 388
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 15, 2016

Forum Posts: 1962
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby BykaChic (134177197) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:40 am

Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
BykaChic (134177197) wrote:
Max (177607266) wrote:You can barely even play the game anymore because cash is impossible to come by. I even have the dumb useless mobile companion app. Honestly, I used to love this game, I don't know why they ruined it by adding unobtainable currency and making anything worthy of having cost cash. Coins have basically become useless. You can't buy nice houses with more than 2 rooms, you can't buy facial features, clothes, nice furniture, etc unless you have cash. Either make it easy to earn or just get rid of it altogether.Thank you developers for ruining a game because capitalism right? :heartbroken:

So what you're saying is you want stuff basically free. You don't want to pay cash for anything for a game you enjoy, where the company has bills and employees to pay. You are entitled to get what you want without having to fork out cash?
Capitalism rocks. Start your own business and then come back.

Really nice look today--the hair, the flower the earrings--even the puppy! Like!
:love:

Awww thanks Erwyle! :heart: Hope you are doing well!
"And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. And I wont forget the men who died, who gave that right to me......"

BykaChic (134177197)
YoWorld Level: 360
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 10, 2009

Forum Posts: 10426
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Kio (185180932) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:54 am

The game wouldn't have made it out of the gate without the introduction of real currency.
This is a block of text that can be added about yourself to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Kio (185180932)
YoWorld Level: 266
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 21, 2013

Forum Posts: 14157
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Vivica (13404458) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:06 am

Xanthe Rosa (126579776) wrote:Let's fix the title.......

YoCash Built YoVille/YoWorld

:haha:

:haha: :haha: :drink:
Can't even shout, can't even cry, the Gentlemen are coming by.
Looking in windows, knocking on doors, they need to take seven and they might take yours.
Can't call to mom, can't say a word.
You're gonna die screaming but you won't be heard.

Vivica (13404458)
YoWorld Level: 245
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 10278

Postby Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:08 am

As everyone else already stated, free games have limits. Any Online RP game I play for "free" I spent years paying money to upgrade my account, so it would be fun to play free LOL!

However, I do have to agree with the facial features point. There should be some coin option ones. There are coin furniture options. So, a few (maybe not as fancy) coin option eyes, nose and lips would be nice. I know there are a couple coin option hairs (or were, I don't pay too much attention to those when they get vaulted).
Skylar Heartbinder (119863787)
YoWorld Level: 314
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 06, 2009

Forum Posts: 8255
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Amy Pond (117302962) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:16 am

Max (177607266) wrote:You can barely even play the game anymore because cash is impossible to come by. I even have the dumb useless mobile companion app. Honestly, I used to love this game, I don't know why they ruined it by adding unobtainable currency and making anything worthy of having cost cash. Coins have basically become useless. You can't buy nice houses with more than 2 rooms, you can't buy facial features, clothes, nice furniture, etc unless you have cash. Either make it easy to earn or just get rid of it altogether.Thank you developers for ruining a game because capitalism right? :heartbroken:

I do agree too many items are yc, i never do themes anymore or buy houses, playing is pretty much collecting the free yc in calendar and having a go at GE....
Amy Pond (117302962)
YoWorld Level: 389
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 26, 2009

Forum Posts: 5912

Postby Vivica (13404458) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:19 am

I'm with the ladies above. It wouldn't hurt to release a few more coin items, including facial features. As Skylar said, they wouldn't have to be anything fancy. It'd just be nice to have some options for those who can't afford to pay to play.
Can't even shout, can't even cry, the Gentlemen are coming by.
Looking in windows, knocking on doors, they need to take seven and they might take yours.
Can't call to mom, can't say a word.
You're gonna die screaming but you won't be heard.

Vivica (13404458)
YoWorld Level: 245
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 10278

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:49 am

BykaChic (134177197) wrote:

So what you're saying is you want stuff basically free. You don't want to pay cash for anything for a game you enjoy, where the company has bills and employees to pay. You are entitled to get what you want without having to fork out cash?
Capitalism rocks. Start your own business and then come back.

:drink: :trophy:
*You don't fool me.* Silence is golden; duct tape is silver.
“You become like the five people you spend the most time with. Choose carefully.” Jim Rohn

JulieHootieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 353
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 18816
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby Chris (4327680) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:16 pm

Kat (106520804) wrote:
Chris (4327680) wrote:Shorty and Mrs Poker already covered everything.

It still irks me that a lot of people play and don’t pay, but it was pointed out that any active player, regardless, is good for the game, and I get that. To complain about something that you’re getting for free, though...

I do understand how you feel but since I've been in the position in 2010 of not knowing if we'd have enough money at the end of the month to pay the bills I feel differently about it. My husband was laid off when the company he worked for laid off a huge amount of people and he was one of them. We went from a comfortable paycheck to barely able to scrape by. I was already playing yoville and fortunately I had a friend from the grand ole opry that was an avid player at that time and she could afford endless yc but could never keep enough coins in the game to buy the coin things. By that time I'd built up enough coins to share and so she'd buy anything I wanted for yc and I'd send her coins. My daughter would gift me with gift cards now and then and I used that YC for homes only. I wouldn't want someone not to play because they couldn't afford YC and also the sellers would not be able to sell if there was no one to buy their items they were selling and that's more than not, those that can't afford yc that are the buyers. This game may be one of the few things they have that they can enjoy to beat the stress of going through a difficult time financially.

Absolutely... I say all the same myself frequently. I believe there's a big difference though, between what you're describing and someone complaining that they aren't getting ENOUGH for free. The OP can earn YoCurrency just like you described, just like everyone else did. I didn't have bubkis at level 24, either, nor did I expect to. You have to play any game for a while to start making progress.

Chris (4327680)

Previous

Return to YoWorld Discussions