YoCash Ruined YoVille/YoWorld

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

YoCash Ruined YoVille/YoWorld

Postby Max (177607266) » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:35 am

You can barely even play the game anymore because cash is impossible to come by. I even have the dumb useless mobile companion app. Honestly, I used to love this game, I don't know why they ruined it by adding unobtainable currency and making anything worthy of having cost cash. Coins have basically become useless. You can't buy nice houses with more than 2 rooms, you can't buy facial features, clothes, nice furniture, etc unless you have cash. Either make it easy to earn or just get rid of it altogether.Thank you developers for ruining a game because capitalism right? :heartbroken:
Max (177607266)
YoWorld Level: 24
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2011

Forum Posts: 1
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Re: YoCash Ruined YoVille/YoWorld

Postby Snorty (3054329) » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:39 am

Ok, how do you expect people to get paid for developing the new themes, games, etc? Free is never actually free. Ads dont bring in enough revenue for most companies to survive, let alone thrive. Look at how many online business(and lets face it, games are businesses) have gone from the net because they didnt have resources. Who will pay for server space, dev salaries, marketing and all of that without a cash based currency?
The free bits of this game are paid for by cash. So making it easier to get cash would result in less free stuff. It would go even further into a pay to play game. So, take those two room houses, connect them with a cheap arrow, save your coins, do all the extras, make buddies to get chests from and be happy that all cash items in game besides houses are actually obtainable with coins and trading.
Or just keep complaining about the cash and hope it disappears and lose the game entirely.
Live your life the way you choose. Let me do the same. Just remember that your way is not my way and we will get along just fine.
my giveaway home. 3-4 items max please and tell me what room its in.
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h13315429

Snorty (3054329)
YoWorld Level: 348
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 01, 2008

Forum Posts: 11680
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Mrs Poker (2830693) » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:42 am

Max (177607266) wrote:You can barely even play the game anymore because cash is impossible to come by. I even have the dumb useless mobile companion app. Honestly, I used to love this game, I don't know why they ruined it by adding unobtainable currency and making anything worthy of having cost cash. Coins have basically become useless. You can't buy nice houses with more than 2 rooms, you can't buy facial features, clothes, nice furniture, etc unless you have cash. Either make it easy to earn or just get rid of it altogether.Thank you developers for ruining a game because capitalism right? :heartbroken:

You have played since 2011 so you know this is a trading/decorating game right? You also must realise its a business that has to make money or it wont exist, and YC is the way they do that, by getting players to pay real money for VIP and by selling YC for real money. If you want to play for free thats of course perfectly possible but there are some drawbacks, and you might have to try a bit harder to get the things that can only be obtained with YC.

As an older player too, I have a lot of older stuff, and I continually sell in the AH for YC, its not quick, but if you price fairly it does sell.

Mrs Poker (2830693)
YoWorld Level: 339
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 21, 2008

Forum Posts: 7193
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Chris (4327680) » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:35 am

Shorty and Mrs Poker already covered everything.

It still irks me that a lot of people play and don’t pay, but it was pointed out that any active player, regardless, is good for the game, and I get that. To complain about something that you’re getting for free, though...
Buy / Sell / Trade / Wishes are at: Christine's Corner Top Wishes: Wish List
Always wishes: XO2018 Black Area Rugs, Dining Chairs/Stools, Brown Hairs (I return any hairs I already have.)

Chris (4327680)
YoWorld Level: 333
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 30, 2008

Forum Posts: 5395
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Vivica (13404458) » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:36 am

Chris (4327680) wrote:Shorty and Mrs Poker already covered everything.

It still irks me that a lot of people play and don’t pay, but it was pointed out that any active player, regardless, is good for the game, and I get that. To complain about something that you’re getting for free, though...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Vivica (13404458)
YoWorld Level: 245
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 10086

Postby Thursday Soleil (136586881) » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:46 am

Welcome to the Forum. We have punch and pie. :D
"This must be Thursday", said Arthur musing to himself, sinking low over his beer, " I never could get the hang of Thursdays."-HHGTTG

Thursday Soleil (136586881)
YoWorld Level: 308
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 22, 2009

Forum Posts: 9820
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Viking Sam » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:57 am

Thursday Soleil (136586881) wrote:Welcome to the Forum. We have punch and pie. :D

Whoa hold the phone, no one told me there was punch AND pie. Are you all holding out on me? :wailing:
Viking Sam
YoWorld Level: 172

Forum Posts: 788
Forum Title: YoWorld Community Manager

Postby Rod (126579776) » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:00 am

Max (177607266) wrote:You can barely even play the game anymore because cash is impossible to come by. I even have the dumb useless mobile companion app. Honestly, I used to love this game, I don't know why they ruined it by adding unobtainable currency and making anything worthy of having cost cash. Coins have basically become useless. You can't buy nice houses with more than 2 rooms, you can't buy facial features, clothes, nice furniture, etc unless you have cash. Either make it easy to earn or just get rid of it altogether.Thank you developers for ruining a game because capitalism right? :heartbroken:

False - You can buy all the cash you want. No one is stopping you.

Oh wait.......you meant "FREE YOCASH". I hope you try the same angle the next time you try to buy something on Amazon. Or go to a movie. Or hit up the grocery store and ask them where the free stuff is at. Oh that's right - THEY DON'T GIVE ANYTHING AWAY FOR FREE.

:smug:

Welcome to the forums, where ridiculous ideas go to die. :hug:

The first rule of Passive Aggressive Club is....you know what? Nevermind. It's FINE.

The creative adult is the part of the child that survived....
Rod (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 384
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 44109
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Viking Sam » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:02 am

To mirror what was said before, YoCash (or premium currency) is what allows us to offer a free to play game while also contributing funding the studio so we can continue to create new content. Without the presence of premium currency (YoCash), we would not have the team that we do!
Viking Sam
YoWorld Level: 172

Forum Posts: 788
Forum Title: YoWorld Community Manager

Postby ooYOYOoo (104556791) » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:33 am

CAN WE GET A FEW COIN CHAIRS AND/OR COUCHES SOMETIMESSSS
ooYOYOoo

ooYOYOoo (104556791)
YoWorld Level: 332
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 05, 2009

Forum Posts: 45
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby BykaChic (134177197) » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:53 am

So what you're saying is you want stuff basically free. You don't want to pay cash for anything for a game you enjoy, where the company has bills and employees to pay. You are entitled to get what you want without having to fork out cash?
Capitalism rocks. Start your own business and then come back.
"And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. And I wont forget the men who died, who gave that right to me......"

BykaChic (134177197)
YoWorld Level: 360
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 10, 2009

Forum Posts: 10412

Postby Isla (2518852) » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:58 am

While I do wish we had some more good coin items (npcs, for instance) and could filter the stores by coin and cash items, there does seem to be a good variety of items in the game for either coin or cash. The cash items just do sensibly have higher quality.

BVG has given us ads that we can earn cash on daily and we also have the option to sell our items in cash in the auction house. You also mention the mobile app, which I have and know that I do earn some cash and coin on. So, there are some ways to attain cash without actually paying into the game. It's pretty phenomenal to think about the options we do have.

Isla (2518852)
YoWorld Level: 291
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 07, 2008

Forum Posts: 1542
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby Rod (126579776) » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:09 pm

YoCash keeps Yo running and pays for it to be expanded. I'll never understand this "free" expectation. I guess Zynga started it by allowing players to earn it instead of buying it? We can still earn one a day. That's something. But 100% free? That's just ridiculous.

The first rule of Passive Aggressive Club is....you know what? Nevermind. It's FINE.

The creative adult is the part of the child that survived....
Rod (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 384
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 44109
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Goddess Zane (2435988) » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:39 pm

Viking Sam wrote:
Thursday Soleil (136586881) wrote:Welcome to the Forum. We have punch and pie. :D

Whoa hold the phone, no one told me there was punch AND pie. Are you all holding out on me? :wailing:

:haha:

Goddess Zane (2435988)
YoWorld Level: 374
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 04, 2008

Forum Posts: 1296
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby Tansy Anne (187669609) » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:51 pm

I've never bought yocash because of my financial situation, but I have bought tons of yocash houses and a little yocash furniture using the free yocash that they give us. I know my avatar doesn't wear all the fanciest things, and I can't buy all the npcs and elaborate decorating items, but I'm just gratefully that I have all these fun houses to decorate.
Tansy Anne (187669609)
YoWorld Level: 296
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 23, 2018

Forum Posts: 398
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby Goddess Zane (2435988) » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:56 pm

To the OP, those of us that buy yc enable the game to be "free" for those who don't. We support the game company so they can keep the game we love.

Goddess Zane (2435988)
YoWorld Level: 374
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 04, 2008

Forum Posts: 1296
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby vin (990889) » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:57 pm

I buy yocash when I can and when I can't I can usually find someone selling it in game.
Coins can still buy lots of stuff!
Bills need to be paid, employees need to be paid, taxes must be paid.
I'm just happy we still have this game.
vin (990889)
YoWorld Level: 316
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 06, 2008

Forum Posts: 803
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby TexanSourNSweet (103681266) » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:49 pm

I definitely see your point.. Too many yocash items and it gets expensive especially when items are tied to deals o_o
Remember to load your brain before you shoot your mouth off - Old Farmer's Advice
Boots on wanna see the bottom of em say somethin

TexanSourNSweet (103681266)
YoWorld Level: 305
YoWorld Start Date: May 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 11890

Postby dianabanana (111036364) » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:22 pm

Goddess Zane (2435988) wrote:To the OP, those of us that buy yc enable the game to be "free" for those who don't. We support the game company so they can keep the game we love.

nicely said and i agree completely.

the first thing you should realize about me is i'm not you. a lot should start to fall in place for you then.

dianabanana (111036364)
YoWorld Level: 394
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 31, 2009

Forum Posts: 13923
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:38 pm

BykaChic (134177197) wrote:

So what you're saying is you want stuff basically free. You don't want to pay cash for anything for a game you enjoy, where the company has bills and employees to pay. You are entitled to get what you want without having to fork out cash?
Capitalism rocks. Start your own business and then come back.

Really nice look today--the hair, the flower the earrings--even the puppy! Like!
:love:
Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 325
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 14751
Forum Title: YoWild

Next

Return to YoWorld Discussions