Theme Expectations

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: Theme Expectations

Postby Jon Snow (126579776) » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:45 pm

Vivica (13404458) wrote:
Skippy (126579776) wrote:Image

What a cute lil kitty. :haha: :haha:

The first rule of Passive Aggressive Club is....you know what? Nevermind. It's FINE.

The creative adult is the part of the child that survived....
Jon Snow (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 387
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 44292
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Doodler (10729465) » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:46 pm

Going back to the OP, I am not very picky about themes. I like the fluffy and cutesy stuff and I like the dark, goth styles (not gore, though). My problem is the execution of the themes. Most are just haphazardly put together and remakes of the same old thing. How many different style of gazebos do we need? It's like they have a template and just make them slightly different, add a few touches and colors and think we have a whole new theme. There have been a few themes that have been artistically done and coherent, such as Modern Gothic and Shabby Chic, but others have been a mishmash of poorly executed, miss-sized, dreadful colored conglobulations! This new theme, for example, is supposedly about astrology, but is throwing in witchcraft, wizardry and howling blue wolves - nothing to do with astrology! I feel that they couldn't think of enough to go into astrology to make a whole theme, so they just threw in whatever. That's been happening too much. I wish they would concentrate on quality more.

Doodler (10729465)
YoWorld Level: 312
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 5400
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Jon Snow (126579776) » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:51 pm

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:
Skippy (126579776) wrote:
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:Witchcraft isn't inherently an evil thing.

You just had ta.......walk in and drop it.... :haha:

I wanted to say something about this last night but wanted to say the right things first. Haha, so I waited till morning.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion here. I'm not targeting anyone, or aiming at anyone exclusively. Just on that subject though, it is my personal belief that BVG isnt at fault for introducing black cats in a theme about witchcraft and astrology. While this is a game and it's all fantasy, I know many witches in real life and cats are a big part of that culture.

So, respectfully, I think ones at fault are those who portray witchcraft as something evil. If it is reasonable to denounce BVG for including black cats in this theme, then we may as well condemn them for perpetuating the association of white doves with holiness or Christmas. Or bunnies with Easter (and holiness by extension).

Fun Fact: Bunnies are the most gifted pet on easter, and often times end up being abandoned 1-2 months after being gifted to children. Should we stop associating bunnies with Easter?

I mean no disrespect here at all. This is purely my own analysis.

It's a fantastic topic that gets a few people in my real world lit up like a Christmas tree. "EVIL" is such an overused word to condemn things people don't agree with. It's the "shortcut" they use to try and diffuse any further conversation. When I push people to explain what they meant by "evil", they often run out of depth real quick. Then I'll tell them that judging anyone besides themselves is "evil", just to watch their hair catch on fire.

:devil: :haha:

The first rule of Passive Aggressive Club is....you know what? Nevermind. It's FINE.

Jon Snow (126579776)

Postby Jon Snow (126579776) » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:54 pm

Doodler (10729465) wrote:Going back to the OP, I am not very picky about themes. I like the fluffy and cutesy stuff and I like the dark, goth styles (not gore, though). My problem is the execution of the themes. Most are just haphazardly put together and remakes of the same old thing. How many different style of gazebos do we need? It's like they have a template and just make them slightly different, add a few touches and colors and think we have a whole new theme. There have been a few themes that have been artistically done and coherent, such as Modern Gothic and Shabby Chic, but others have been a mishmash of poorly executed, miss-sized, dreadful colored conglobulations! This new theme, for example, is supposedly about astrology, but is throwing in witchcraft, wizardry and howling blue wolves - nothing to do with astrology! I feel that they couldn't think of enough to go into astrology to make a whole theme, so they just threw in whatever. That's been happening too much. I wish they would concentrate on quality more.

Cohesion - I believe that is the word you are looking for. I know Nik is shooting for it with every fiber of her professional self. But you are correct to identify that it doesn't happen in some cases.

The silver lining in that cloud is that we have so many themes now, that even if something doesn't fit well into a current theme, it most likely will fit great in something else. "Accidental Success" is what my boss calls that. LOL

:hug:

Jon Snow (126579776)

Postby TexanSourNSweet (103681266) » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:00 pm

I wanted to say something about this last night but wanted to say the right things first. Haha, so I waited till morning.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion here. I'm not targeting anyone, or aiming at anyone exclusively. Just on that subject though, it is my personal belief that BVG isnt at fault for introducing black cats in a theme about witchcraft and astrology. While this is a game and it's all fantasy, I know many witches in real life and cats are a big part of that culture.

So, respectfully, I think ones at fault are those who portray witchcraft as something evil. If it is reasonable to denounce BVG for including black cats in this theme, then we may as well condemn them for perpetuating the association of white doves with holiness or Christmas. Or bunnies with Easter (and holiness by extension).

Fun Fact: Bunnies are the most gifted pet on easter, and often times end up being abandoned 1-2 months after being gifted to children. Should we stop associating bunnies with Easter?

Bolded is actually why I stated bunnies shouldn't be associated with Easter either. Never heard of white doves being associated with Christmas but puppies definitely are! Clearly white doves aren't dumped after Christmas (to my knowledge feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on that one). I mean no disrespect in my reply either I believe education is key :thumbsup: And I try my best to educate people. I also believe how animals are viewed online definitely has a way in how animals are viewed in real life. Regardless if many see where I'm comin from black cats being associated with witchcraft has got them called evil to the point shelters and rescues can't adopt them out in October.
Remember to load your brain before you shoot your mouth off - Old Farmer's Advice
Boots on wanna see the bottom of em say somethin

TexanSourNSweet (103681266)
YoWorld Level: 305
YoWorld Start Date: May 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 11954
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:24 pm

TexanSourNSweet (103681266) wrote:

Bolded is actually why I stated bunnies shouldn't be associated with Easter either. Never heard of white doves being associated with Christmas but puppies definitely are! Clearly white doves aren't dumped after Christmas (to my knowledge feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on that one). I mean no disrespect in my reply either I believe education is key :thumbsup: And I try my best to educate people. I also believe how animals are viewed online definitely has a way in how animals are viewed in real life. Regardless if many see where I'm comin from black cats being associated with witchcraft has got them called evil to the point shelters and rescues can't adopt them out in October.

I was actually going to substitute white doves for puppies because I have read about puppies being very popular gifts during the holidays that oftentimes ended up abandoned soon after.

I only bring up the doves due to their association with "holiness" versus the idea that black cats are associated with "evil". The dove as you're aware being associated with religious iconography such as the holy spirit and being brought up in Christmas carols...

"Two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree"

So by mentioning them, I wasn't referring to them being popular pets. Simply the symbolism behind them. I certainly don't condemn it, just as I wouldn't condemn black cats being associated with witchcraft. Since I don't see either as being inherently evil.

I do agree that media has some ability to affect how people see things in real life. Though, my approach would perhaps be different than yours in how the media handles animal representation. But that's okay.

:D
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 277
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 8211
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby XxVioletVixenxX (139135464) » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:28 pm

Fun. That's not reasonable it's overboard. This game doesn't change the brain chemestry of ppl core behavior. The point is moot. Unless you have proof that this game does something along those regard you are just trying to take the fun out of it due to emotional overreaction. People disagreeing with an opinion is not the same as a hater.
We are not going to agree and they won't change the game. These items will be forever associated with the Holiday in question. I am aware of the bunny issue, you can't take bunnies from Easter. You can inform ppl. That's not reasonable like this is not. I get it, I will buy the cats and bunnies and not abuse them. Cool, we should be good on that.
I am not going to state this again. Reality is hard to accept at times. I have been their trying for yrs to keep my kids dad involved in her life. That nonsense is why we are divorced. Cool, removed. I have a spoiled pet, I am not going to hurt an animal with you saying it or not.
Have a good day. :hug:
Thank you YoAngel's!!! Click on my siggy to add me on FB <3 Thank You new neighbors for the adds!
BadMoon made this beautiful siggy! See BadMoon for all your siggy needs! <3

XxVioletVixenxX (139135464)
YoWorld Level: 303
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 07, 2009

Forum Posts: 10811

Postby XxVioletVixenxX (139135464) » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:34 pm

XxPurpleHazexX (139135464) wrote:This you always being ignored and the issue never being fixed is unreasonable. There is nothing to fix in most of are opinions. You can't just say change something and expect ppl to do it for no reason. You would have to buy the game. Then it can be run how you want. They don't change most of what I say. I don't have control over that. They let us guide them, it's the majority that want something used as a guide. I don't see many ppl that would agree as a whole in the game with you. Then they lose money. They are a business. They don't do emotional decisions. IDK those cats are the cutest item I have ever owned in this game. I want more items like this. That's my feedback.
Anyone that lets cartoon cats influence the way they treat an animal would still be exposed to the same thing in RL at Halloween. They are not a good or smart person then. That's not true unless you have scientific data from this game to players committing such horrific acts. There are not that many players, I doubt a single person would be influenced by this game to hurt an animal. I can't accept that without proof. I wish you well, I am out of this. I needed to address this idea that a fourm is responsible for the amount you play. That's up to you. I want to chill and have a good time now. :heart: Disagreeing is not hating on you or you would be on the ones that disagree with you as well. :heart:

So let me get this straight when you tell me twice (last year and yesterday) to stop playin if I don't like these items it's not dramatic but if I choose to stop playin over this issue it's dramatic? Make it make sense... How is it not dramatic for YOU to tell me to stop playin but it's dramatic when I want to stop playin on my own... :silly: You will NEVER see from my point of view. And for the record you may not dislike me but I can't stand you after all the aweful thangs you said to me last year when I voiced my point of view on this issue. You literally told me to stop playin if I felt this way and then around a page later and say I'm being dramatic for not wantin to play :dizzy: This is a REAL issue to me and online has a huge impact on how people view thangs in real life. You don't see what I see daily. You don't do what I do for animals daily. You don't scroll your feed on social media just to see another animal hit by a car because rarely anyone gives a flyin hoot about that stray animal. You don't see the thangs I see daily on social media or in the real world. You don't see the pit bull in my area that is gettin beat at home and ACO won't do nothin about it and then have to watch people hurry their kids along when that pit bull is half a block behind them but I do have to watch that in fact I watched that happen last night and it completely broke my heart I literally went home and just cried :'( And regardless if anyone wants to admit it SOCIAL MEDIA has PLAYED a huge role in how pit bulls are viewed and how people act around pit bulls, social media and movies has told people to be terrified of pit bulls. So if you think for one minute that online such as games, videos and social media has absolutely no impact on how animals you are wrong. To you it's silly. To you it doesn't matter. But to me I see the backside of it all.

Hey I am not reading this not all of it. I accept you feel that way. Ok. That's fine. It doesn't make me heartless or uncaring when in rl I care about these issues as do many of my friends. I am a big advocate of rights for animals and people. I don't need to prove that. I still like the items. but uh don't tell me what to do either. Goes both ways. I say what I want. Your opinion and mine don't agree. I tried to say I don't dislike you. Whatever, I am just speaking to reality. Say whatever you want. Not going to keep me up at night. I know all this about animals. What do you want me to do about it. Animals are in game, it's not my game. I have nothing to do with what makes you cry. What is unreasonable to me in my perspective is not for you to change nor yours mine.
I am not going to keep arguing. Unproductive. :heart:
You seem to be unable to separate my two view points. It's kind of offensive.
Have a good rest of the afternoon. It's not like I know you to really care what you perceive me as. :heart: :hug:
Thank you YoAngel's!!! Click on my siggy to add me on FB <3 Thank You new neighbors for the adds!

Postby TexanSourNSweet (103681266) » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:43 pm

XxPurpleHazexX (139135464) wrote:
XxPurpleHazexX (139135464) wrote:This you always being ignored and the issue never being fixed is unreasonable. There is nothing to fix in most of are opinions. You can't just say change something and expect ppl to do it for no reason. You would have to buy the game. Then it can be run how you want. They don't change most of what I say. I don't have control over that. They let us guide them, it's the majority that want something used as a guide. I don't see many ppl that would agree as a whole in the game with you. Then they lose money. They are a business. They don't do emotional decisions. IDK those cats are the cutest item I have ever owned in this game. I want more items like this. That's my feedback.
Anyone that lets cartoon cats influence the way they treat an animal would still be exposed to the same thing in RL at Halloween. They are not a good or smart person then. That's not true unless you have scientific data from this game to players committing such horrific acts. There are not that many players, I doubt a single person would be influenced by this game to hurt an animal. I can't accept that without proof. I wish you well, I am out of this. I needed to address this idea that a fourm is responsible for the amount you play. That's up to you. I want to chill and have a good time now. :heart: Disagreeing is not hating on you or you would be on the ones that disagree with you as well. :heart:

So let me get this straight when you tell me twice (last year and yesterday) to stop playin if I don't like these items it's not dramatic but if I choose to stop playin over this issue it's dramatic? Make it make sense... How is it not dramatic for YOU to tell me to stop playin but it's dramatic when I want to stop playin on my own... :silly: You will NEVER see from my point of view. And for the record you may not dislike me but I can't stand you after all the aweful thangs you said to me last year when I voiced my point of view on this issue. You literally told me to stop playin if I felt this way and then around a page later and say I'm being dramatic for not wantin to play :dizzy: This is a REAL issue to me and online has a huge impact on how people view thangs in real life. You don't see what I see daily. You don't do what I do for animals daily. You don't scroll your feed on social media just to see another animal hit by a car because rarely anyone gives a flyin hoot about that stray animal. You don't see the thangs I see daily on social media or in the real world. You don't see the pit bull in my area that is gettin beat at home and ACO won't do nothin about it and then have to watch people hurry their kids along when that pit bull is half a block behind them but I do have to watch that in fact I watched that happen last night and it completely broke my heart I literally went home and just cried :'( And regardless if anyone wants to admit it SOCIAL MEDIA has PLAYED a huge role in how pit bulls are viewed and how people act around pit bulls, social media and movies has told people to be terrified of pit bulls. So if you think for one minute that online such as games, videos and social media has absolutely no impact on how animals you are wrong. To you it's silly. To you it doesn't matter. But to me I see the backside of it all.

Hey I am not reading this not all of it. I accept you feel that way. Ok. That's fine. It doesn't make me heartless or uncaring when in rl I care about these issues as do many of my friends. I am a big advocate of rights for animals and people. I don't need to prove that. I still like the items. but uh don't tell me what to do either. Goes both ways. I say what I want. Your opinion and mine don't agree. I tried to say I don't dislike you. Whatever, I am just speaking to reality. Say whatever you want. Not going to keep me up at night. I know all this about animals. What do you want me to do about it. Animals are in game, it's not my game. I have nothing to do with what makes you cry. What is unreasonable to me in my perspective is not for you to change nor yours mine.
I am not going to keep arguing. Unproductive. :heart:
You seem to be unable to separate my two view points. It's kind of offensive.
Have a good rest of the afternoon. It's not like I know you to really care what you perceive me as. :heart: :hug:

"It's kind of offensive" is laughable considerin what you've said to me :haha: :haha: Thanks for the laugh definitely needed that :haha: :haha: I personally don't care if you dislike me or not I can't stand you and I won't hide that either :thumbsup: Don't show fake love with a hug and heart emoji...
Remember to load your brain before you shoot your mouth off - Old Farmer's Advice

Postby XxVioletVixenxX (139135464) » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:20 pm

"It's kind of offensive" is laughable considerin what you've said to me :haha: :haha: Thanks for the laugh definitely needed that :haha: :haha: I personally don't care if you dislike me or not I can't stand you and I won't hide that either :thumbsup: Don't show fake love with a hug and heart emoji...[/quote]

I wasn't fake with that. I can post what I want if even fake. I don't dislike you. I don't know you. I didn't say anything personal. I stated facts to help you come to grips with reality. It won't change, advocating on the forum to keep these things in mind will help more so ppl are informed about animal cruelty. I would honestly not let what I say bother you. I see it more as a you know best thing and no one else's opinion matters. I guess I see that in myself. I think that's a good non-confrontational middle ground. I don't know what I said was aside facts. I don't have a personal problem with you and wish you the best and hope you relax a bit. Your in your feelings. If not then ok. I don't know, just a guess. I have my moments. I would hate it held against me. In general I am really nice just passionate. Like don't take my items. Not the ones I like the best. It doesn't matter. No you opinion doesn't effect me. It's just a shame we could get along. I wish all people here the best. Who I am. It's a silly thing to be angry at you forever over. Why? We could get along or like each other in the future. Never know. I am not fake. I mean what I say. I have cleared this issues up with other forumers I am friends with now. That is fine. You never have to hid the fact you don't like me. It's not going to change how I respond to you on posts. If I agree on your posts or like your fastion I will state it. The way you respond or treat me is your choice. I see no point to hold a grudge unless it's a huge huge deal to me. You miss out that way. What kind of person does not wish well for everyone. People I see fight with the same person have expressed to me a hope they stay here and post their opinions. We all love the game, it's why we are here. I never say what I don't mean. Don't jump to conclusions. :heart: :hug: I do hope you have a good rest of the day despite your passion for this subject. It's all my opinion. I sometimes hope ppl see my viewpoint. I totally think it's unreasonable. Does not mean I know your perspective or reasoning. Doesn't mean I dislike you. :heart: Yeah to think I want these items in game like I want animals to suffer or don't care about that topic in general when I do things to actively try to prevent it in my private life is offensive. I was just explaining that. It's ok. You can think whatever, I don't control that. :heart:

Postby TexanSourNSweet (103681266) » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:29 pm

XxPurpleHazexX (139135464) wrote:"It's kind of offensive" is laughable considerin what you've said to me :haha: :haha: Thanks for the laugh definitely needed that :haha: :haha: I personally don't care if you dislike me or not I can't stand you and I won't hide that either :thumbsup: Don't show fake love with a hug and heart emoji...

I wasn't fake with that. I can if I want. Your welcome. I don't dislike you. I don't know you. I didn't say anything personal. I stated facts to help you come to grips with reality. It won't change, advocating on the forum to keep these things in mind will help more. I see it more as a you know best thing and no one else's opinion matters. I guess I see that in myself. I think that's a good non-confrontational middle ground. I don't know what I said was aside facts. I don't have a personal problem with you and wish you the best and hope you relax a bit. Your in your feelings. If not then ok. I don't know, just a guess. I have my moments. I would hate it held against me. In general I am really nice just passionate. Like don't take my items. Not the ones I like the best. It doesn't matter. No you opinion doesn't effect me. It's just a shame we could get along. I wish all people here the best. Who I am. It's a silly thing to be angry at you forever over. Why? We could get along or like each other in the future. Never know. I am not fake. I mean what I say. I have cleared this issues up with other forumers I am friends with now. That is fine. You never have to hid the fact you don't like me. It's not going to change how I respond to you on posts. If I agree on your posts or like your fastion I will state it. The way you respond or treat me is your choice. I see no point to hold a grudge unless it's a huge huge deal to me. You miss out that way. What kind of person does not wish well for everyone. People I see fight with the same person have expressed to me a hope they stay here and post their opinions. We all love the game, it's why we are here. I never say what I don't mean. Don't jump to conclusions. :heart: :hug: I do hope you have a good rest of the day despite your passion for this subject. It's all my opinion. I sometimes hope ppl see my viewpoint. I totally think it's unreasonable. Does not mean I know your perspective or reasoning. Doesn't mean I dislike you. :heart: Yeah to think I want these items in game like I want animals to suffer or don't care about that topic in general when I do things to actively try to prevent it in my private life is offensive. I was just explaining that. It's ok. You can think whatever, I don't control that. :heart:[/quote]
Might wanna go read the thread from last year before you come at me with all this that I personally don't care to read. I'm definitely not in my feelins and even if I was it means I'm PASSIONATE about the subject and even if I was it ain't your place to tell me that because you are not my friend nor my family which means you don't get to tell me I'm all in my feelins. Oh so now you hope I stay around to post my opinion when you've told me multiple times to "Get over it" or "don't play" hahahahahahahahahahahahaha the hypocrisy with you unreal :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: Again I don't like you and that most likely won't change not after everythin you said last year to me on this topic :thumbsup: Actually I ain't missin out on a thang with you :haha: :haha: Naw what I posted about shelters and rescues being terrified to adopt out black cats in October ain't an opinion its actually a fact o_o I personally could care less if you find what I post offensive and by the way tellin me you find it offensive is gonna make me post it more for haters like you :heart: Anyway I got better thangs to do than argue with uneducated people who clearly fail to be educated :bye:

Postby XxVioletVixenxX (139135464) » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:40 pm

Uh, yeah.
Is there some other option besides get over it or don't play? You seem to feel strongly aobut it. We do this apparently everytime. They are not going to change what you want them to change. There are three options. I was super annoyed you want to take the stuff most of us like. I would never do that.
I am not reading more that the first like of any of this. No point.
Say whatever. I mean what I say.
How are you proving some point when you keep playing or at the very least partisipate in the very thing that offends you.
Your not understanding I am blunt but in my head this is not anger.
It's flat like well this is what going to happen, these are the choices.
I explained all of this.
I am contributing to the cycle at this point if we can't agree to be adult and not fight about it or get along. I am I don't dislike you.
I am one to compromise and be reasonable. I have a black and white brain and I say what I think. There is no middle on this issue.
I hope you have an ok time with the theme releases.
This quality is good at work and ppl like it in real life. I have this problem in texts and whatever I must come across angry. I am not, it's common sense to me. I am more mature than to dislike you over a difference in opinion. I think you are nice most of the time. :heart:
Is there some way to say to you I know about the fact of what happens to cats at Halloween. I have one degree and am working on a double major.
I attend a very good college.
I am not uneducated.
I don't like people getting personal with me that don't know me. I didn't know we had this argument before. I don't hold onto the names of ppl that fight around with me unless it really repetitive. I am a busy single mom in college.
I had time to hang around playing with the kids and I on spring break.
I like the theme. I am playing a lot this wk.
I donate to shelters and advocate groups. I have called to police about animal abuse.
I am not sure how to make you understand that over taking items away, posting the facts is a better approach. I said you could be in your feelings I didn't know. If so you might feel better later.
Have a good week hun. :heart:

I took a screenshot of you calling me uneducated. I don't report ppl. If it goes farther I will use that as well. I don't appreciate that in the least. I hope you feel better and I don't hate you. I am not going to let you talk to me like that because I say if you don't like it don't play. That is just common sense. I didn't call you any names or say you were not an educated person. You can edit whatever. I read it and I have it. It's not going to happen like that. I am the one willing to put all of our differences aside as holding onto it has no point. Why make it awkward we just don't agree. That is not going to happen again. I let it go this time so this ends. I won't be talk to like that again. Tomorrow is a new day, if we get along cool. I am not going to be allowing someone to say something like that to me. I have never reported anyone, but if someone is that bold I can send them the shot. I don't want anyone gone or in trouble. It is not a big deal. That was to far.
Last edited by XxVioletVixenxX (139135464) on Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Postby Chris (4327680) » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:43 pm

Koats (185046372) wrote:I understand very well thanks. My Point is someone is always offended by something in this game. BVG can't be expected to remove everything that someone finds offensive, we'd end up with a very 'sterile' pre School game. My other point is rl issues like animal abuse needs to be kept out of the game. I and I'm sure others come to Yo for a bit of fun. A pixel game isn't going to change someone's character, if they abuse animals including black cats, Yo isn't going to change that. Scumbag won't stop being scumbags because of Yo

First, you disagreeing with Elf's opinion reads the same to me as people disagreeing with Julie's opinion about the Easter basket. You asked in that thread why people can't just post opinions without others pushing back. Yet, you're on the other side of it here.

Second, the bolded part is an opinion, just like Elf has shared opinions. You're telling Elf that because of your opinion, BVG shouldn't honor her opinion.

I'm not taking sides. I'm calling it like it is. Anyone caring enough to look back will see me defend both sides AND point out double standards by both sides. This just happens to be the set on my radar today.
Buy / Sell / Trade / Wishes are at: Christine's Corner Top Wishes: Wish List
Always wishes: XO2018 Black Area Rugs, Dining Chairs/Stools, Brown Hairs (I return any hairs I already have.)

Chris (4327680)
YoWorld Level: 334
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 30, 2008

Forum Posts: 5547

Postby XxVioletVixenxX (139135464) » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:21 pm

I understand very well thanks. My Point is someone is always offended by something in this game. BVG can't be expected to remove everything that someone finds offensive, we'd end up with a very 'sterile' pre School game. My other point is rl issues like animal abuse needs to be kept out of the game. I and I'm sure others come to Yo for a bit of fun. A pixel game isn't going to change someone's character, if they abuse animals including black cats, Yo isn't going to change that. Scumbag won't stop being scumbags because of Yo

This I happen to agree with. I think everyone should post their opinion. My feedback is to keep the items.
You can't change an abuser. Removing something fun is not going to stop a scumbag. It's really that simple. My ex is abusive especially the last few yrs after our divorce. We go to court constantly at his choice. He loses and is told he is abusive every time. Sent to classes whatever. Something is just wrong with ppl that abuse children or animals. Even if I am dating someone, I have tried to help him not get into this kind of trouble so he is in our daughter's and other ones life. Something is not clicking and it never will.
A normal person is not abusive to animals. The rest of us just deal with the aftermath and hope the perpetrator is punished with some legal action preventing them to commit further abuse. IDK this entire conversation. I skipped pages of this. It's redundant now. Yeah it's a game. Taking these items will not stop the majority of ppl that associate this stuff with a holiday. Educating ppl in rl is more effective. It quite offensive to the ppl in game that like these items are invalidated when they are animal advocates. I do things to help animals and I volunteer at a domestic violence shelter in real life. I try to help ppl and animals. A strong reaction is expected when you act like the two have a correlation. Why I don't hold onto things. I have empathy for everything living. :heart: A few ppl go too far but most of this is nothing I would ever carry a grudge over. It's a game.

Postby Denna (10205906) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:14 am

Chris (4327680) wrote:
Koats (185046372) wrote:I understand very well thanks. My Point is someone is always offended by something in this game. BVG can't be expected to remove everything that someone finds offensive, we'd end up with a very 'sterile' pre School game. My other point is rl issues like animal abuse needs to be kept out of the game. I and I'm sure others come to Yo for a bit of fun. A pixel game isn't going to change someone's character, if they abuse animals including black cats, Yo isn't going to change that. Scumbag won't stop being scumbags because of Yo

First, you disagreeing with Elf's opinion reads the same to me as people disagreeing with Julie's opinion about the Easter basket. You asked in that thread why people can't just post opinions without others pushing back. Yet, you're on the other side of it here.

Second, the bolded part is an opinion, just like Elf has shared opinions. You're telling Elf that because of your opinion, BVG shouldn't honor her opinion.

I'm not taking sides. I'm calling it like it is. Anyone caring enough to look back will see me defend both sides AND point out double standards by both sides. This just happens to be the set on my radar today.

This is classic example how we all read different.

Because I believe Koats wanted to say: Imagine that BVG removes black cats or anything else in game. That will not change the fact that there are people who abuse cats and other animals. With or without game, they will keep doing that!
So asking for things being removed in game, will not change anything what happen in RL.

This is how discussions get heated. Saying: I am not taking sides, but I have to say this or that...And than add your own words to it. :dizzy:
"What doesn't kill me,can only make me STRONGER!.."
"Life is too short to waste your time with people who waste their own time!"
Denna (10205906)
YoWorld Level: 320
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 16360
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby Koats (185046372) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:27 am

Chris (4327680) wrote:

Where are you getting this stuff from, don't twist my words Chris. Why are you comparing two completely different threads about different topics. You do know baiting is against the TOS right.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. – Albert Einstein

''Never argue with a fool - They will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!!" Mark Twain

Koats (185046372)
YoWorld Level: 371
YoWorld Start Date: May 18, 2013

Forum Posts: 7424
Location: ' Keep your head when all about you are losing theirs'

Postby Vivica (13404458) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:50 am

Koats (185046372) wrote:
Chris (4327680) wrote:

Where are you getting this stuff from, don't twist my words Chris. Why are you comparing two completely different threads about different topics. You do know baiting is against the TOS right.

Another classic example of how we all read different because I'm not seeing anywhere where Chris baited. :?:
Can't even shout, can't even cry, the Gentlemen are coming by.
Looking in windows, knocking on doors, they need to take seven and they might take yours.
Can't call to mom, can't say a word.
You're gonna die screaming but you won't be heard.

Vivica (13404458)
YoWorld Level: 245
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 10292

Postby Willow (13350872) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:12 am

Chris (4327680) wrote:

:thumbsup: :hug:
We are the champions, my friends
And we'll keep on fighting till the end
We are the champions
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions of the World

Willow (13350872)
YoWorld Level: 271
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 20719
Forum Title: YoCrazy