[SUGGESTIONS] Theme Suggestions!

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [SUGGESTIONS] Theme Suggestions!

Postby Iana (10169569) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:06 pm

Rod (126579776) wrote:Iana I see you posting a lot now and I'd like to welcome you to the forums. We can always use more bright ideas so thanks for engaging!

:thumbsup: :hug:

TY Rod :hug:

I guess I got out of my (comfortable) lurking zone ;)
Iana (10169569)
YoWorld Level: 208
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 877
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Fae Ranger (126579776) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:12 pm

Iana (10169569) wrote:
Rod (126579776) wrote:Iana I see you posting a lot now and I'd like to welcome you to the forums. We can always use more bright ideas so thanks for engaging!

I'm glad you did. This place can seem kind of toxic at times, especially when people don't agree. But the game is better because people spend the time to post their thoughts about Yo. And yeah, that means someone will say "I like this" and the very next post will be "I hate it". LOL But that's what makes Yo and these forums go around. Everyone gets to voice their thoughts.

:)

Ever tried
Ever failed
No matter
Try again
Fail again
Fail better

Samuel Beckett
Fae Ranger (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 374
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 43634
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Iana (10169569) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:20 pm

Rod (126579776) wrote:
Iana (10169569) wrote:

I'm glad you did. This place can seem kind of toxic at times, especially when people don't agree. But the game is better because people spend the time to post their thoughts about Yo. And yeah, that means someone will say "I like this" and the very next post will be "I hate it". LOL But that's what makes Yo and these forums go around. Everyone gets to voice their thoughts.

:)

I remember the old forums, I think there was more drama back then lol.

I like exchange of opinions and I love the fact that vikings actually ask for ideas and suggestions. So, after a 10 year break, I really enjoy reading the forums and the game itself again. :)
Iana (10169569)
YoWorld Level: 208
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 877

Postby Zoe (109907732) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:21 pm

Instead of releasing new themes, BVG should play their own game and observe what are the demands, and thinker from there. There are already lots of themes released I wonder if they really make an impression. Usually players get berserk in one or two days then forget about it afterwards.

To give you guys an idea, items that are sought after the most are coming from empire releases like China, India, Rome, Legends, Fantasy; these things. Many players would pay millions of coins from these themes. I know there are remakes but it gets buried by the new releases and people who did not know they exist gets ripped off. So I think you should remind them they exist.

Do not dictate what is rare and what is not. Apply the basic principle of supply and demands. They are proven successful. I don't want to see you guys going to the path Zynga took. That's quite a painful experience.

Zoe (109907732)
YoWorld Level: 307
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 19
Forum Title: YoRookie

Postby Fae Ranger (126579776) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:29 pm

Zoe (109907732) wrote:Instead of releasing new themes, BVG should play their own game and observe what are the demands, and thinker from there. There are already lots of themes released I wonder if they really make an impression. Usually players get berserk in one or two days then forget about it afterwards.

To give you guys an idea, items that are sought after the most are coming from empire releases like China, India, Rome, Legends, Fantasy; these things. Many players would pay millions of coins from these themes. I know there are remakes but it gets buried by the new releases and people who did not know they exist gets ripped off. So I think you should remind them they exist.

Do not dictate what is rare and what is not. Apply the basic principle of supply and demands. They are proven successful. I don't want to see you guys going to the path Zynga took. That's quite a painful experience.

Interesting perspective. New themes pay the rent for BVG and make a lot of players very happy. The decorating game is still the backbone of Yo, and I think letting it go stale would be a bad business decision.

The expensive old stuff is expensive because it was good and people still want it. The new stuff that is expensive is that way because it is good and people still want it. The key with anything "rare" (valuable) is that it is good and people still want it. But that stuff is more about the Trading Game than the Decor Game. People who are into decor deserve quality stuff they can buy relatively cheap from the store to create their visions. That's what keeps the lights so people can have a game in which to chase rares.

I do both trading and decorating, and my inventory reflects that. :)

Ever tried
Ever failed
No matter
Try again
Fail again
Fail better

Samuel Beckett
Fae Ranger (126579776)

Postby Zoe (109907732) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:54 pm

Rod (126579776) wrote:
Zoe (109907732) wrote:Instead of releasing new themes, BVG should play their own game and observe what are the demands, and thinker from there. There are already lots of themes released I wonder if they really make an impression. Usually players get berserk in one or two days then forget about it afterwards.

Interesting perspective. New themes pay the rent for BVG and make a lot of players very happy. The decorating game is still the backbone of Yo, and I think letting it go stale would be a bad business decision.

The expensive old stuff is expensive because it was good and people still want it. The new stuff that is expensive is that way because it is good and people still want it. The key with anything "rare" (valuable) is that it is good and people still want it. But that stuff is more about the Trading Game than the Decor Game. People who are into decor deserve quality stuff they can buy relatively cheap from the store to create their visions. That's what keeps the lights so people can have a game in which to chase rares.

I think you miss my point. I did not stop BVG in making new stuff. My suggestion is for them to see the supply and demand because this is what makes them pay their rent and keep the game alive. Im talking about the basic principle of economics. But since you knew what thing makes BVG pay their rent you are probably from BVG otherwise you are just assuming you knew. What you said about "what is good and people want it" is exactly the law of supply and demand.

About the rares, no one can dictate it. BVG can say this is rare and that is rare and put a huge price tag but it goes down again to supply and demand. Im not talking about few players, I'm talking in general.

And the fact that I have a bronze badge and you don't states that I pay more than you and I have more stuff than you.

Zoe (109907732)
YoWorld Level: 307
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 19
Forum Title: YoRookie

Postby Fae Ranger (126579776) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:00 pm

Zoe (109907732) wrote:
Rod (126579776) wrote:

I think you miss my point. I did not stop BVG in making new stuff. My suggestion is for them to see the supply and demand because this is what makes them pay their rent and keep the game alive. Im talking about the basic principle of economics. But since you knew what thing makes BVG pay their rent you are probably from BVG otherwise you are just assuming you knew. What you said about "what is good and people want it" is exactly the law of supply and demand.

About the rares, no one can dictate it. BVG can say this is rare and that is rare and put a huge price tag but it goes down again to supply and demand. Im not talking about few players, I'm talking in general.

I admit I'm struggling with my comprehension, so I apologize for that.

BVG is trying to manufacture rares in many spots. They do this using 3 levers:

Quantity
Price
Deal Exclusive

But as you've pointed out, none of these factor the "demand" side of the equation. By attempting to squeeze the supply, they have tried to force rares. But they haven't done a good job in making sure there is a strong demand for their limited supply. That's why most of what they try to make a rare just turns into really expensive junk.

Hopefully this makes sense? It's a good topic though! :)

Ever tried
Ever failed
No matter
Try again
Fail again
Fail better

Samuel Beckett
Fae Ranger (126579776)

Postby simon (187246565) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:12 pm

covid/hospital theme

and alice in wonderland!!!!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=221825&hilit=alice+in+wonderland

:heart: :heart:
i don’t even know anymore

simon (187246565)
YoWorld Level: 235
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 12, 2016

Forum Posts: 923

Postby Autumn Glory (105171200) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:35 pm

Some of my suggestions from way back.....that I would still love to see.....

Dark fairy tales Theme
Supernatural Things Theme
Cryptozoology Theme
Urban Legends Theme
Gothic Vampires Theme
Fears and Superstitions Theme
Seven Deadly Sins
Slasher/Horror Movies
Apocalypse Theme
National Parks of the World
Four Seasons Outdoor theme
Seven Wonders of the World

I would also love a re-visit to Paranormal :D
Image Image
"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." ` Aesop
Autumn Glory (105171200)
YoWorld Level: 328
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 14218
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Vivica (13404458) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:45 pm

Autumn Glory (105171200) wrote:Some of my suggestions from way back.....that I would still love to see.....

Dark fairy tales Theme
Cryptozoology Theme
Urban Legends Theme
Gothic Vampires Theme
Seven Deadly Sins
Slasher/Horror Movies
Apocalypse Theme

Vivica (13404458)
YoWorld Level: 242
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 9504
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Tribal Conflict (5112507) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:55 am

Kio (185180932) wrote:Realm Defenders
Realm Defenders theme by Kio
is a theme that I picture capitalizes on the aesthetic qualities of Mortal Kombat and other video games with a mystical fantasy aesthetic concerning defending realms and other dimensions.

Inclusive Yoworld actions where they are applied to other players in game and they “Finish Him!” In gruesome ways. :thumbsup:

Handheld weapons that are animated. Glowing lighting balls released upon others...chain like weapons swinging about your head and body and occasionally extending outwards beyond your personal space.

New avatar bodies/costumes with animated arms holding swords shifting from foot to foot ready to dispense with fellow Yoworld players at a glance.

A Mortal Kombat like tower home...with a grand temple entrance, vip lounge, training dojo, and a tournament hall. Maybe an extra entrance space approaching the tower with a dark night time ambiance. Skulls lying strewn on the foreground and a mountainous path leading to a huge bridge bridging the chasm to the tower home...the bridge should be like an oversized viaduct.

Also Portals that activate when clicked upon to transport you to other homes or friends homes like the room arrows but animated all rotating and swirly gaseous neon lit :thumbsup:

This should bring out the dog eats dog mentality of survival of the fittest....start read Sun Tzu The Art of War and prepare.....

Make Realm Defenders by Kio a Yoworld reality and throw in some Big Trouble too...

“YOU HAVE TWENTY SECONDS TO COMPLY!’

:thumbsup: :bye:
Tribal Conflict (5112507)
YoWorld Level: 248
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 14, 2008

Forum Posts: 1523
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby Willow (13350872) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:52 am

Autumn Glory (105171200) wrote:Some of my suggestions from way back.....that I would still love to see.....

Dark fairy tales Theme
Cryptozoology Theme
Urban Legends Theme
Gothic Vampires Theme
Seven Deadly Sins
Slasher/Horror Movies
Apocalypse Theme

Love each and every one of these ideas :thumbsup:
Hey, It's ok to make believe ;)

Willow (13350872)
YoWorld Level: 270
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 19880
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby Serenity Now (6134566) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:45 am

Dark fairy tales Theme
Cryptozoology Theme
Urban Legends Theme
Gothic Vampires Theme
Seven Deadly Sins
Slasher/Horror Movies
Apocalypse Theme

Yes, yes, yes. :D
"That's what." -- She

A work in progress...
Horrendous House
Serenity Now (6134566)
YoWorld Level: 310
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 10, 2008

Forum Posts: 3610
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Fae Ranger (126579776) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:46 am

Dark fairy tales Theme
Cryptozoology Theme
Urban Legends Theme
Gothic Vampires Theme
Seven Deadly Sins
Slasher/Horror Movies
Apocalypse Theme

Love the whole list, but these 2 would make me oil my wallet. ;)

Ever tried
Ever failed
No matter
Try again
Fail again
Fail better

Samuel Beckett
Fae Ranger (126579776)

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:42 pm

Paranormal Investigation: Sanatorium

Taking place within the walls of an abandoned hospital, will you make it out alive?

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 277
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 8176

Postby Fae Ranger (126579776) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:06 pm

Yup ^^^^^^^^^

Ever tried
Ever failed
No matter
Try again
Fail again
Fail better

Samuel Beckett
Fae Ranger (126579776)

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:10 pm

Paranormal Investigation: School's Out

Taking place within the halls of an abandoned school. Wonder what the story is here...

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:34 pm

Murder on the Voyage (Space-themed murder mystery)

This horror space-themed murder mystery sets you trapped in a small space vessel with a secret murderer, who on your crew can you trust? Is the murderer even... from earth?

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:55 pm

Museum of the Paranormal

Welcome to the museum that focuses on all things paranormal, from odd objects, mummified mermaids and fairies, allegedly cursed dolls and artifacts, we have it all.

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:19 pm

Paranormal Investigation: Idyllic Ruin

Perhaps it's time this paranormal team took a break from all the bleak dark horrors, and take a trip to a more serene location. Perhaps with more peaceful spirits.

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions