For the Love of St Patrick

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: For the Love of St Patrick

Postby Ribbit (185046372) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:25 am

Theresa (122233016) wrote:
Koats (185046372) wrote:For the love of all things Holy please remove the cap on Yo points. :angel: I've been in lockdown since Christmas and another 9 weeks ahead of total mind blowing boredom. :wailing: Please for the love of St. Patrick :heart: and all things Irish :love: remove the yo points cap. i want to do something completely mindless :silly: and spend millions of coin levelling up. :wailing: Plus the more coin I spend the more Yo cash I buy because I hate to go below a certain amount of coin, so it's a win win :angel:
You have no idea how much I detest clicking 'I understand' on that popup :quiet: :hug:

:haha: :thumbsup: i have never hit max but i sure don't understand why there is a limit. like you said its win win for everyone so i sure hope they change this. that and the limit of 5 listings in the AH :thumbsup: ;)

I hope they change both too Theresa :hug:
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. – Albert Einstein

“Truth is like poetry. And most people hate poetry.”

Ribbit (185046372)
YoWorld Level: 365
YoWorld Start Date: May 18, 2013

Forum Posts: 7272
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: ' Keep your head when all about you are losing theirs'

Postby Ribbit (185046372) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:32 am

Kat (106520804) wrote:I couldn't agree with you more Koats. At the level I'm at now it takes over 43000 points to level up. I wanted to level up a bunch during this hiatus from the GE's. It hasn't happened, between trying to purge my buddy list, having other things going on at home that need attention and projects I'm working on, trying hard to get my inventory under control etc. I've only gone up once. However when I'm on a roll I want to just go for it and not have limits to the amount of points I can garner. It's not like it's that easy to get there and there are enough other challenges to getting up a level when you need this many points. So those limits takes away the incentive to spend money on stuff if it's not going to do any good.

I couldn't agree more Kat it's difficult enough without limits. The inventory is a mind field tbh. I got rid of some homes thee other day and just ended up giving stuff away and selling back to store. Now the clothing etc I haven't even looked at, sooooo many pages of stuff :haha: gl with your projects :hug:

Ribbit (185046372)

Postby Ribbit (185046372) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:37 am

dianabanana (111036364) wrote:
Polly Nater (126579776) wrote:I think it is intended to slow the ascent for leveling. That is the only possible logical explanation that makes any sense to my simple mind. It's very arbitrary, but it does slow the leveling process.

I've been leveling for about 5 months now, and what I know to be true is that the 25K limit is a "daily" rolling limit over a week. So I will do 12 rooms one day, and 16 the next, and then 12 the next, and so on. This pattern gets me 2784 XPs, then 3,712, etc etc until I'm at 23,200 for the week. The remaining XPs I use as a cushion for when I do actual decorating. It's a beating because I'm spending a pile of coins. But it is part of the game's challenge. And most challenges are frustrating in some way.....or they wouldn't be challenging.

Anyhoo, I hope you have a blast however you level up. You just passed the point where it starts to REALLY slow down. Nairda told me at level 450 it takes a week or more to do a level. Oh joy. LOL

I think you're right. some yos take vast pride in being the first to reach the top level as fast as possible and then start the litany "we need more levels, we need more levels now. that's the only reason I play the game is to. level. up". must irritate bvg as they[r'e a small company and probably can't have one employee constantly working on making new levels. that's only my uneducated guess. I don't care one whit about leveling up, not how I play. I do understand it's how some want to play in yo and how important it is to them. it's just not on my radar at all, which is totally okay cause we're all different.

It's normally not how I play either tbh, but after months of restriction with lockdown, I've run out of stuff to do. I just think it would be a nice distraction to have the option to level up if I want. Trust me i have never asked for new levels and certainly won't be asking for them in the future :haha: :hug:

Ribbit (185046372)

Postby Ribbit (185046372) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:40 am

CountryDude89 (11877186) wrote:It does need to be changed. If i want to be an overachiever, let me do dammit!

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Ribbit (185046372)

Postby StephMarie (129969826) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:29 am

I hope they remove the cap and that you're holding up during lockdown. :heart:

StephMarie (129969826)
YoWorld Level: 303
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 19, 2009

Forum Posts: 4723
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby Danika (11152984) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:31 am

Koats (185046372) wrote:
Polly Nater (126579776) wrote:I think it is intended to slow the ascent for leveling. That is the only possible logical explanation that makes any sense to my simple mind. It's very arbitrary, but it does slow the leveling process.

I've been leveling for about 5 months now, and what I know to be true is that the 25K limit is a "daily" rolling limit over a week. So I will do 12 rooms one day, and 16 the next, and then 12 the next, and so on. This pattern gets me 2784 XPs, then 3,712, etc etc until I'm at 23,200 for the week. The remaining XPs I use as a cushion for when I do actual decorating. It's a beating because I'm spending a pile of coins. But it is part of the game's challenge. And most challenges are frustrating in some way.....or they wouldn't be challenging.

Anyhoo, I hope you have a blast however you level up. You just passed the point where it starts to REALLY slow down. Nairda told me at level 450 it takes a week or more to do a level. Oh joy. LOL

I think you're right. some yos take vast pride in being the first to reach the top level as fast as possible and then start the litany "we need more levels, we need more levels now. that's the only reason I play the game is to. level. up". must irritate bvg as they[r'e a small company and probably can't have one employee constantly working on making new levels. that's only my uneducated guess. I don't care one whit about leveling up, not how I play. I do understand it's how some want to play in yo and how important it is to them. it's just not on my radar at all, which is totally okay cause we're all different.

It's normally not how I play either tbh, but after months of restriction with lockdown, I've run out of stuff to do. I just think it would be a nice distraction to have the option to level up if I want. Trust me i have never asked for new levels and certainly won't be asking for them in the future :haha: :hug:

Whenever I play a game, I need to get all levels/badges/trophies or basically whatever there is to earn. I don't know why and it drives my partner crazy when we play any game on PS together :haha: But I would never harass BVG to bring more levels. I just want closure. And if they eventually do bring new levels, because they want to, I'm going to pull my hair out if the levels are as difficult as these now. So, no, thank you. :haha: :haha: :haha:

"What you touch at present, you may have, but my soul will be on that hill-top before you lay hands on me again..."
Danika (11152984)
YoWorld Level: 360
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 3283
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby JJYxYoloxCCP (187546867) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:57 am

Koats (185046372) wrote:Image

Congrats :party: :party: :party: but what is this btw ??? where to see it i dont see mine :dizzy:
JJYxYoloxCCP (187546867)
YoWorld Level: 268
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 14, 2017

Forum Posts: 107
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:20 pm

Koats (185046372) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:Well done you! I've never reached the cap, but I imagine it would be a bummer. I think they put it in place because some players were leveling too fast. Is that even a thing? :D

I hope they up the limit for you. Maybe now that HTML5 is here, they'll have more time for other things, like this. Good luck!
:thumbsup: :hug:

Hey Erwyle long time no see. Yes I guess some got there before the yp cap was put in place idk, it should gave been left up to players to level up however they want. I was happy at level 200 and never asked for new levels :hug:

I wasn't really trying to level up, but I made some good progress there for a while. I've been kinda absent lately so I haven't gotten back into that yet, but I'm gonna soon. I just don't want to make it my sole goal like nairdA did, although it was way cool he got it done. There is another player here that is getting close to 500, so I'm rooting for her. I figure in no more than 10 years, I can join her lol...
:D :party: :hug:
Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 323
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 14602
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Dilldoe Bigguns (126579776) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:32 pm

Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
Koats (185046372) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:Well done you! I've never reached the cap, but I imagine it would be a bummer. I think they put it in place because some players were leveling too fast. Is that even a thing? :D

I hope they up the limit for you. Maybe now that HTML5 is here, they'll have more time for other things, like this. Good luck!

Hey Erwyle long time no see. Yes I guess some got there before the yp cap was put in place idk, it should gave been left up to players to level up however they want. I was happy at level 200 and never asked for new levels :hug:

I wasn't really trying to level up, but I made some good progress there for a while. I've been kinda absent lately so I haven't gotten back into that yet, but I'm gonna soon. I just don't want to make it my sole goal like nairdA did, although it was way cool he got it done. There is another player here that is getting close to 500, so I'm rooting for her. I figure in no more than 10 years, I can join her lol...

Level 350 is the point where it becomes a serious beating. Some sadistic BVG employee sat "muahing" in a torture chamber after rolling the last 150 levels out. I'm grinding them to powder with my coins, but holy hell it's a lot of clicking. I've done some fun math -

Level 500 takes 11,652,449 Yopoints. I currently sit at 371 which is 2,364,199 Yopoints. I currently average about 12K Yponts per day. I should reach level 500 in 774 days.......That's 2 years of hard commitment.

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :haha: :haha: :haha:

The first rule of Passive Aggressive Club is....you know what? Nevermind. It's FINE.
Dilldoe Bigguns (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 374
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 43657
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:40 pm

Polly Nater (126579776) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
Koats (185046372) wrote:

Level 350 is the point where it becomes a serious beating. Some sadistic BVG employee sat "muahing" in a torture chamber after rolling the last 150 levels out. I'm grinding them to powder with my coins, but holy hell it's a lot of clicking. I've done some fun math -

Level 500 takes 11,652,449 Yopoints. I currently sit at 371 which is 2,364,199 Yopoints. I currently average about 12K Yponts per day. I should reach level 500 in 774 days.......That's 2 years of hard commitment.

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :haha: :haha: :haha:

I love your math skills, one of my few weaknesses lol :smug: , but 2 years of grinding? I wish you well, let's put it like that...
:haha: :party: :hug:
Erwyle (187240896)

Postby dianabanana (111036364) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:06 pm

2 years???? omg, I just can't. I wish you well in your endeavor. looks like I'll never level up again, ever. LOL I do admire those math skills of his too, erwyle. math was my worst subject, I couldn't even begin to grasp algebra so had to go to business math in high school. I just don't understand the alphabet having a place in math. ii think satan invented it. lol
i'm too tired, too old, too sober and i don't have time to deal with b.s.

dianabanana (111036364)
YoWorld Level: 393
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 31, 2009

Forum Posts: 13728

Postby StephMarie (129969826) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:08 pm

dianabanana (111036364) wrote:2 years???? omg, I just can't. I wish you well in your endeavor. looks like I'll never level up again, ever. LOL I do admire those math skills of his too, erwyle. math was my worst subject, I couldn't even begin to grasp algebra so had to go to business math in high school. I just don't understand the alphabet having a place in math. ii think satan invented it. lol

:haha: :haha:

StephMarie (129969826)

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:10 pm

StephMarie (129969826) wrote:
dianabanana (111036364) wrote:2 years???? omg, I just can't. I wish you well in your endeavor. looks like I'll never level up again, ever. LOL I do admire those math skills of his too, erwyle. math was my worst subject, I couldn't even begin to grasp algebra so had to go to business math in high school. I just don't understand the alphabet having a place in math. ii think satan invented it. lol

:haha: :haha:

Right? Math is the Devil's toolbox...
:haha: :party: :devil:
Erwyle (187240896)

Postby Dilldoe Bigguns (126579776) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:24 pm

Well, I have been called the Prince of Darkness in here once or twice....

:devil: :haha:

The first rule of Passive Aggressive Club is....you know what? Nevermind. It's FINE.
Dilldoe Bigguns (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 374
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 43657
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:11 pm

Koats (185046372) wrote:
Theresa (122233016) wrote:
Koats (185046372) wrote:For the love of all things Holy please remove the cap on Yo points. :angel: I've been in lockdown since Christmas and another 9 weeks ahead of total mind blowing boredom. :wailing: Please for the love of St. Patrick :heart: and all things Irish :love: remove the yo points cap. i want to do something completely mindless :silly: and spend millions of coin levelling up. :wailing: Plus the more coin I spend the more Yo cash I buy because I hate to go below a certain amount of coin, so it's a win win :angel:
You have no idea how much I detest clicking 'I understand' on that popup :quiet: :hug:

:haha: :thumbsup: i have never hit max but i sure don't understand why there is a limit. like you said its win win for everyone so i sure hope they change this. that and the limit of 5 listings in the AH :thumbsup: ;)

I hope they change both too Theresa :hug:

here's keeping my fingers and toes crossed! :haha: :silly: :hug:
“You become like the five people you spend the most time with. Choose carefully.” Jim Rohn

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 347
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 20826
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby Kat (106520804) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:58 pm

Koats (185046372) wrote:
Kat (106520804) wrote:I couldn't agree with you more Koats. At the level I'm at now it takes over 43000 points to level up. I wanted to level up a bunch during this hiatus from the GE's. It hasn't happened, between trying to purge my buddy list, having other things going on at home that need attention and projects I'm working on, trying hard to get my inventory under control etc. I've only gone up once. However when I'm on a roll I want to just go for it and not have limits to the amount of points I can garner. It's not like it's that easy to get there and there are enough other challenges to getting up a level when you need this many points. So those limits takes away the incentive to spend money on stuff if it's not going to do any good.

I couldn't agree more Kat it's difficult enough without limits. The inventory is a mind field tbh. I got rid of some homes thee other day and just ended up giving stuff away and selling back to store. Now the clothing etc I haven't even looked at, sooooo many pages of stuff :haha: gl with your projects :hug:

Thanks Koats, I actually have finished 2 of them now. A miniature living room and miniature wood workshop. My husband already finished electrifying them. I built a general store and all that's left on it is for hubby to electrify the fire place insert he built for me. When it's lit up it actually looks like a fire in the fireplace. :) Lots and lots of stuff finally getting finished.
That's why I love decorating in Yoworld. It doesn't make the mess my craft stuff does either lol. I have been making handmade miniature bonsai trees for a very long time and it's amazing the amount of supplies it takes to make something that is anywhere from a 1/4" to 1 1/2" tall depending on the scale someone wants them for. I prefer 1" to the foot. It's the scale I work in most often.

Kat (106520804)
YoWorld Level: 387
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 15, 2016

Forum Posts: 1894
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby Ribbit (185046372) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:40 am

StephMarie (129969826) wrote:I hope they remove the cap and that you're holding up during lockdown. :heart:

I'm doing great StephMarie, just venting as I'm sick of restriction. How are you doing? :hug:

Ribbit (185046372)

Postby Kat (106520804) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:24 am

Danika (11152984) wrote:
Koats (185046372) wrote:

Whenever I play a game, I need to get all levels/badges/trophies or basically whatever there is to earn. I don't know why and it drives my partner crazy when we play any game on PS together :haha: But I would never harass BVG to bring more levels. I just want closure. And if they eventually do bring new levels, because they want to, I'm going to pull my hair out if the levels are as difficult as these now. So, no, thank you. :haha: :haha: :haha:

I agree, I was glad when I reached the finally level in yoville, then I could just concentrate on decorating. I didn't want more levels. I just want to get leveling out of the way so I can then just go back and decorate and not worry about filling a room to level it. I'm the same way Danika, I just want to get all of that out of the way. Who knows why, it's just a thing for me. Doesn't mean we're wrong, just play differently. :)

Kat (106520804)
YoWorld Level: 387
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 15, 2016

Forum Posts: 1894
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby StephMarie (129969826) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:41 am

Koats (185046372) wrote:
StephMarie (129969826) wrote:I hope they remove the cap and that you're holding up during lockdown. :heart:

I'm doing great StephMarie, just venting as I'm sick of restriction. How are you doing? :hug:

I'm doing pretty good, thanks for asking! :hug:

StephMarie (129969826)

Postby vin (990889) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:02 am

I agree with you Koats even though I gave up levelling ages ago. Just takes so long.
I hope they listen to players like you who continue to support the game with real cash.

vin (990889)
YoWorld Level: 316
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 06, 2008

Forum Posts: 791
Forum Title: YoSupporter

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions