08 Costumes...

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: 08 Costumes...

Postby Fae Ranger (126579776) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:51 pm

Vivica (13404458) wrote:The point is: nothing is actually ugly because ugly is subjective. Beauty is subjective. It's all in the eye of the beholder. :D

I personally think the sunburnt skin is ugly. It reminds me of when I was a kid and I was camping with my grandparents and stayed out in the sun too long and then I ended up with these massive blisters all over my body. Y i k e s. :haha:

Let's not even get me started on some of the hair and clothes I see people wearing that make it seem like they got dressed in the dark. :haha: :drink:

True Story:

I started playing Yo and immediately fell back into high school with all the "cool" items. A few months later I was playing and suddenly looked at the missus and said - I'M NOT DOING THIS AGAIN - and then beat myself up for even THINKING about getting into it. From then on I've been torturing the cool kids and taking their coins for the trouble. LOL

I've come to the place where every item is what it is to the people who love it, hate it, or don't feel anything about it all. No judgment no matter what.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Image

Ever tried
Ever failed
No matter
Try again
Fail again
Fail better

Samuel Beckett
User avatar
Fae Ranger (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 374
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 43634
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend
Location: Presiding Over Mayhem & Nonsense

Re: 08 Costumes...

Postby Vivica (13404458) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:09 pm

Dinky Doo (126579776) wrote:
Vivica (13404458) wrote:The point is: nothing is actually ugly because ugly is subjective. Beauty is subjective. It's all in the eye of the beholder. :D

I personally think the sunburnt skin is ugly. It reminds me of when I was a kid and I was camping with my grandparents and stayed out in the sun too long and then I ended up with these massive blisters all over my body. Y i k e s. :haha:

Let's not even get me started on some of the hair and clothes I see people wearing that make it seem like they got dressed in the dark. :haha: :drink:

True Story:

I started playing Yo and immediately fell back into high school with all the "cool" items. A few months later I was playing and suddenly looked at the missus and said - I'M NOT DOING THIS AGAIN - and then beat myself up for even THINKING about getting into it. From then on I've been torturing the cool kids and taking their coins for the trouble. LOL

I've come to the place where every item is what it is to the people who love it, hate it, or don't feel anything about it all. No judgment no matter what.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:


:thumbsup:
User avatar

Vivica (13404458)
YoWorld Level: 242
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 9505
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: chillin' in the zoo with my crew

Re: 08 Costumes...

Postby Willow (13350872) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:14 pm

Pinkylola (235554) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
dianabanna (111036364) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:I don't like any of the 08 costumes because they are both primitive and expensive. But, making newer, better, cheaper ones would be fine with me.

I don't see this suggestion affecting the prices or demand for the old ones. Entirely different market imo.

So, that's a yes...
:thumbsup: :party:




i agree with you. i've sold almost all of my 08's except for 2. lots of coins can be made off of them for sure and i wasn't wearing any of them cause they're, i love your word rod, clunky. and they don't mix well with all the modern items. they were the bomb when they came out cause we didn't have anything like them in the game. i'm not a fan of one piece. costumes cause i like mixing and matching too much however though it wouldn't be interestnig to me to have newer designs of them who am i to say no don't want em? don't want to be accused of being selfish and only playing for myself...others big mantra. it's not mandatory that i buy them so brinig em on and let those who enjoy them spend their moola.


Well, let me be blunt. They are ugly and jacked. Why in the world would you pay that kinda money for a ugly outfit? But, pay they do, so to each his or her own. If I had '08 costumes, I'd be worried when yos would stop wanting them and that the price would fall to reflect their true value--100k lol!

But, new ones? Sure. Not necessarily to be all rare and valuable, just new...
:party:


Kind of like what I think about a lot of the clothes people wear ugly but it's all in the eye of the beholder and people aren't worried about 08's losing value because they're well made and so many people love them :silly:


When I was a kid, one of the schoolyard taunts was "You're ugly and your ma dresses you funny!". Mean, but yeah, that's what I think when I see one of those costumes. And then I think, "And you paid extra for that". So silly. I could dress just as badly for a few coins by selecting a few items out of the store or ah.

I figure those old costumes are more a means of exchanging coins for the players that still consider they have value. But, I do think that won't last forever. Of course I could be wrong...
:shocked:


I think you'll be wrong :smug: but as much as I think some of the clothes people wear are ugly..I won't pin point what items they are because that's just not who I am..telling anyone what they wear is ugly :hug:


I want to pin point and I'm not worried of upsetting anybody I just don't want a ban :haha:


:haha: :haha: Understood :silly: :silly:

I just think it's awful funny how people say 08's aren't attractive or they're ugly but they sure do want them to redo them :haha: :haha: anyhoe good to see you my friend :hug:
Hey, It's ok to make believe ;)
User avatar

Willow (13350872)
YoWorld Level: 270
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 19880
Forum Title: YoAddict
Location: Excited about Starlink

Re: 08 Costumes...

Postby Willow (13350872) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:16 pm

Vivica (13404458) wrote:The point is: nothing is actually ugly because ugly is subjective. Beauty is subjective. It's all in the eye of the beholder. :D

I personally think the sunburnt skin is ugly. It reminds me of when I was a kid and I was camping with my grandparents and stayed out in the sun too long and then I ended up with these massive blisters all over my body. Y i k e s. :haha:

Let's not even get me started on some of the hair and clothes I see people wearing that make it seem like they got dressed in the dark. :haha: :drink:


Exactly Viv and I might say something isn't my cup of tea but that's about all I'd say and I don't really even say that :silly:
Hey, It's ok to make believe ;)
User avatar

Willow (13350872)
YoWorld Level: 270
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 19880
Forum Title: YoAddict
Location: Excited about Starlink

Re: 08 Costumes...

Postby Vivica (13404458) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:16 pm

Pinkylola (235554) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
dianabanna (111036364) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:I don't like any of the 08 costumes because they are both primitive and expensive. But, making newer, better, cheaper ones would be fine with me.

I don't see this suggestion affecting the prices or demand for the old ones. Entirely different market imo.

So, that's a yes...
:thumbsup: :party:




i agree with you. i've sold almost all of my 08's except for 2. lots of coins can be made off of them for sure and i wasn't wearing any of them cause they're, i love your word rod, clunky. and they don't mix well with all the modern items. they were the bomb when they came out cause we didn't have anything like them in the game. i'm not a fan of one piece. costumes cause i like mixing and matching too much however though it wouldn't be interestnig to me to have newer designs of them who am i to say no don't want em? don't want to be accused of being selfish and only playing for myself...others big mantra. it's not mandatory that i buy them so brinig em on and let those who enjoy them spend their moola.


Well, let me be blunt. They are ugly and jacked. Why in the world would you pay that kinda money for a ugly outfit? But, pay they do, so to each his or her own. If I had '08 costumes, I'd be worried when yos would stop wanting them and that the price would fall to reflect their true value--100k lol!

But, new ones? Sure. Not necessarily to be all rare and valuable, just new...
:party:


Kind of like what I think about a lot of the clothes people wear ugly but it's all in the eye of the beholder and people aren't worried about 08's losing value because they're well made and so many people love them :silly:


When I was a kid, one of the schoolyard taunts was "You're ugly and your ma dresses you funny!". Mean, but yeah, that's what I think when I see one of those costumes. And then I think, "And you paid extra for that". So silly. I could dress just as badly for a few coins by selecting a few items out of the store or ah.

I figure those old costumes are more a means of exchanging coins for the players that still consider they have value. But, I do think that won't last forever. Of course I could be wrong...
:shocked:


I think you'll be wrong :smug: but as much as I think some of the clothes people wear are ugly..I won't pin point what items they are because that's just not who I am..telling anyone what they wear is ugly :hug:


I want to pin point and I'm not worried of upsetting anybody I just don't want a ban :haha:


I love you, Miss Pinky. :love: :rose: :haha: :hug:
User avatar

Vivica (13404458)
YoWorld Level: 242
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 9505
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: chillin' in the zoo with my crew

Re: 08 Costumes...

Postby Taurus (185839344) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:19 pm

Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
dianabanna (111036364) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:I don't like any of the 08 costumes because they are both primitive and expensive. But, making newer, better, cheaper ones would be fine with me.

I don't see this suggestion affecting the prices or demand for the old ones. Entirely different market imo.

So, that's a yes...
:thumbsup: :party:




i agree with you. i've sold almost all of my 08's except for 2. lots of coins can be made off of them for sure and i wasn't wearing any of them cause they're, i love your word rod, clunky. and they don't mix well with all the modern items. they were the bomb when they came out cause we didn't have anything like them in the game. i'm not a fan of one piece. costumes cause i like mixing and matching too much however though it wouldn't be interestnig to me to have newer designs of them who am i to say no don't want em? don't want to be accused of being selfish and only playing for myself...others big mantra. it's not mandatory that i buy them so brinig em on and let those who enjoy them spend their moola.


Well, let me be blunt. They are ugly and jacked. Why in the world would you pay that kinda money for a ugly outfit? But, pay they do, so to each his or her own. If I had '08 costumes, I'd be worried when yos would stop wanting them and that the price would fall to reflect their true value--100k lol!

But, new ones? Sure. Not necessarily to be all rare and valuable, just new...
:party:

it's like an old man told me about waterfront property once... he said...they don't make it anymore, thats why it's worth so much.
but the true value is not 100k as you say, it is whatever the population pays..... anyone can call anything jacked... like for example... i feel bvgs exclusive prices are jacked.... yet people still pay the prices.
User avatar
Taurus (185839344)
YoWorld Level: 244
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2014
 
Forum Posts: 10550
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Re: 08 Costumes...

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:37 pm

Willow (13350872) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
dianabanna (111036364) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:I don't like any of the 08 costumes because they are both primitive and expensive. But, making newer, better, cheaper ones would be fine with me.

I don't see this suggestion affecting the prices or demand for the old ones. Entirely different market imo.

So, that's a yes...
:thumbsup: :party:




i agree with you. i've sold almost all of my 08's except for 2. lots of coins can be made off of them for sure and i wasn't wearing any of them cause they're, i love your word rod, clunky. and they don't mix well with all the modern items. they were the bomb when they came out cause we didn't have anything like them in the game. i'm not a fan of one piece. costumes cause i like mixing and matching too much however though it wouldn't be interestnig to me to have newer designs of them who am i to say no don't want em? don't want to be accused of being selfish and only playing for myself...others big mantra. it's not mandatory that i buy them so brinig em on and let those who enjoy them spend their moola.


Well, let me be blunt. They are ugly and jacked. Why in the world would you pay that kinda money for a ugly outfit? But, pay they do, so to each his or her own. If I had '08 costumes, I'd be worried when yos would stop wanting them and that the price would fall to reflect their true value--100k lol!

But, new ones? Sure. Not necessarily to be all rare and valuable, just new...
:party:


Kind of like what I think about a lot of the clothes people wear ugly but it's all in the eye of the beholder and people aren't worried about 08's losing value because they're well made and so many people love them :silly:


When I was a kid, one of the schoolyard taunts was "You're ugly and your ma dresses you funny!". Mean, but yeah, that's what I think when I see one of those costumes. And then I think, "And you paid extra for that". So silly. I could dress just as badly for a few coins by selecting a few items out of the store or ah.

I figure those old costumes are more a means of exchanging coins for the players that still consider they have value. But, I do think that won't last forever. Of course I could be wrong...
:shocked:


I think you'll be wrong :smug: but as much as I think some of the clothes people wear are ugly..I won't pin point what items they are because that's just not who I am..telling anyone what they wear is ugly :hug:


Honestly for some to put them down by calling them ugly or whatnot I believe there's other reasons for that but I'll :shh: :haha: some of us know the real reason or they wouldn't put what others wear down but I'm done with this discussion before I upset someone :angel: :bye:


Let me take one more crack at it so maybe you'll understand. I wouldn't say that to them, but that's what I think. And that's the point. It's ironic to spend extra money and not achieve what you desired. So, as I say, to each his own. I think the trend nowadays is for realistic faces like Cam and Pierre are doing and more or less current fashion. Fashion being fickle, not all items remain desirable regardless of original purchase price.

So, that's all. Fashion changes, people change, everyone has an opinion and their own taste...
:thumbsup:
User avatar
Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 323
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016
 
Forum Posts: 14598
Forum Title: YoWild

Re: 08 Costumes...

Postby Blue Calx (185180932) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:41 pm

I feel like if they made tribute knock-offs of 08's again/more, they would probably still look cheap or cartoony somehow. But I am sure it would be fun for some folks regardless. The track record of remakes here isn't exactly great. And it seems to do almost nothing to stimulate the market with rehashed items. But to each their own. The amusing thing about 08's is if they were worthless, we would most likely not see half of these people wearing them 247.
:haha:
I like a couple things from 08 but only at face value, not due to their worth.
;)
User avatar
Blue Calx (185180932)
YoWorld Level: 266
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 21, 2013
 
Forum Posts: 14047
Forum Title: YoWild

Re: 08 Costumes...

Postby dianabanana (111036364) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:51 pm

Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
dianabanna (111036364) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:I don't like any of the 08 costumes because they are both primitive and expensive. But, making newer, better, cheaper ones would be fine with me.

I don't see this suggestion affecting the prices or demand for the old ones. Entirely different market imo.

So, that's a yes...
:thumbsup: :party:




i agree with you. i've sold almost all of my 08's except for 2. lots of coins can be made off of them for sure and i wasn't wearing any of them cause they're, i love your word rod, clunky. and they don't mix well with all the modern items. they were the bomb when they came out cause we didn't have anything like them in the game. i'm not a fan of one piece. costumes cause i like mixing and matching too much however though it wouldn't be interestnig to me to have newer designs of them who am i to say no don't want em? don't want to be accused of being selfish and only playing for myself...others big mantra. it's not mandatory that i buy them so brinig em on and let those who enjoy them spend their moola.


Well, let me be blunt. They are ugly and jacked. Why in the world would you pay that kinda money for a ugly outfit? But, pay they do, so to each his or her own. If I had '08 costumes, I'd be worried when yos would stop wanting them and that the price would fall to reflect their true value--100k lol!

But, new ones? Sure. Not necessarily to be all rare and valuable, just new...
:party:


Kind of like what I think about a lot of the clothes people wear ugly but it's all in the eye of the beholder and people aren't worried about 08's losing value because they're well made and so many people love them :silly:


When I was a kid, one of the schoolyard taunts was "You're ugly and your ma dresses you funny!". Mean, but yeah, that's what I think when I see one of those costumes. And then I think, "And you paid extra for that". So silly. I could dress just as badly for a few coins by selecting a few items out of the store or ah.

I figure those old costumes are more a means of exchanging coins for the players that still consider they have value. But, I do think that won't last forever. Of course I could be wrong...
:shocked:


I think you'll be wrong :smug: but as much as I think some of the clothes people wear are ugly..I won't pin point what items they are because that's just not who I am..telling anyone what they wear is ugly :hug:


Honestly for some to put them down by calling them ugly or whatnot I believe there's other reasons for that but I'll :shh: :haha: some of us know the real reason or they wouldn't put what others wear down but I'm done with this discussion before I upset someone :angel: :bye:


Let me take one more crack at it so maybe you'll understand. I wouldn't say that to them, but that's what I think. And that's the point. It's ironic to spend extra money and not achieve what you desired. So, as I say, to each his own. I think the trend nowadays is for realistic faces like Cam and Pierre are doing and more or less current fashion. Fashion being fickle, not all items remain desirable regardless of original purchase price.

So, that's all. Fashion changes, people change, everyone has an opinion and their own taste...
:thumbsup:


i get completely what you're saying erwyle. no,you or i and probably many others wouldn't say to someone's face "your 08 costume is ugly", however i will think to myself what the hell i want to thiink. i'm a bit tired of others tyrinig to tell me what to say let alone try to tell me what to think. iti's like the insane politically correct crowd today. i posted on here one time i like to use my. ipad when i go to the beauty palor and i was told no, it's not politically correct to call it that, i should call it the salon. whatever. it's been beauty salon to me for over 65 yrs and it will remain beauty salon to me forever. just call me a politically incorrect butthole. LOL
Image
Image
i'm too tired, too old, too sober and i don't have time to deal with b.s.
User avatar

dianabanana (111036364)
YoWorld Level: 393
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 31, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 13721
Forum Title: YoWild

Re: 08 Costumes...

Postby Willow (13350872) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:03 pm

Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
dianabanna (111036364) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:I don't like any of the 08 costumes because they are both primitive and expensive. But, making newer, better, cheaper ones would be fine with me.

I don't see this suggestion affecting the prices or demand for the old ones. Entirely different market imo.

So, that's a yes...
:thumbsup: :party:




i agree with you. i've sold almost all of my 08's except for 2. lots of coins can be made off of them for sure and i wasn't wearing any of them cause they're, i love your word rod, clunky. and they don't mix well with all the modern items. they were the bomb when they came out cause we didn't have anything like them in the game. i'm not a fan of one piece. costumes cause i like mixing and matching too much however though it wouldn't be interestnig to me to have newer designs of them who am i to say no don't want em? don't want to be accused of being selfish and only playing for myself...others big mantra. it's not mandatory that i buy them so brinig em on and let those who enjoy them spend their moola.


Well, let me be blunt. They are ugly and jacked. Why in the world would you pay that kinda money for a ugly outfit? But, pay they do, so to each his or her own. If I had '08 costumes, I'd be worried when yos would stop wanting them and that the price would fall to reflect their true value--100k lol!

But, new ones? Sure. Not necessarily to be all rare and valuable, just new...
:party:


Kind of like what I think about a lot of the clothes people wear ugly but it's all in the eye of the beholder and people aren't worried about 08's losing value because they're well made and so many people love them :silly:


When I was a kid, one of the schoolyard taunts was "You're ugly and your ma dresses you funny!". Mean, but yeah, that's what I think when I see one of those costumes. And then I think, "And you paid extra for that". So silly. I could dress just as badly for a few coins by selecting a few items out of the store or ah.

I figure those old costumes are more a means of exchanging coins for the players that still consider they have value. But, I do think that won't last forever. Of course I could be wrong...
:shocked:


I think you'll be wrong :smug: but as much as I think some of the clothes people wear are ugly..I won't pin point what items they are because that's just not who I am..telling anyone what they wear is ugly :hug:


Honestly for some to put them down by calling them ugly or whatnot I believe there's other reasons for that but I'll :shh: :haha: some of us know the real reason or they wouldn't put what others wear down but I'm done with this discussion before I upset someone :angel: :bye:


Let me take one more crack at it so maybe you'll understand. I wouldn't say that to them, but that's what I think. And that's the point. It's ironic to spend extra money and not achieve what you desired. So, as I say, to each his own. I think the trend nowadays is for realistic faces like Cam and Pierre are doing and more or less current fashion. Fashion being fickle, not all items remain desirable regardless of original purchase price.

So, that's all. Fashion changes, people change, everyone has an opinion and their own taste...
:thumbsup:


Oh, trust me I understand :haha: :haha: :hug:
Hey, It's ok to make believe ;)
User avatar

Willow (13350872)
YoWorld Level: 270
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 19880
Forum Title: YoAddict
Location: Excited about Starlink

Re: 08 Costumes...

Postby Willow (13350872) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:04 pm

dianabanna (111036364) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
dianabanna (111036364) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:I don't like any of the 08 costumes because they are both primitive and expensive. But, making newer, better, cheaper ones would be fine with me.

I don't see this suggestion affecting the prices or demand for the old ones. Entirely different market imo.

So, that's a yes...
:thumbsup: :party:




i agree with you. i've sold almost all of my 08's except for 2. lots of coins can be made off of them for sure and i wasn't wearing any of them cause they're, i love your word rod, clunky. and they don't mix well with all the modern items. they were the bomb when they came out cause we didn't have anything like them in the game. i'm not a fan of one piece. costumes cause i like mixing and matching too much however though it wouldn't be interestnig to me to have newer designs of them who am i to say no don't want em? don't want to be accused of being selfish and only playing for myself...others big mantra. it's not mandatory that i buy them so brinig em on and let those who enjoy them spend their moola.


Well, let me be blunt. They are ugly and jacked. Why in the world would you pay that kinda money for a ugly outfit? But, pay they do, so to each his or her own. If I had '08 costumes, I'd be worried when yos would stop wanting them and that the price would fall to reflect their true value--100k lol!

But, new ones? Sure. Not necessarily to be all rare and valuable, just new...
:party:


Kind of like what I think about a lot of the clothes people wear ugly but it's all in the eye of the beholder and people aren't worried about 08's losing value because they're well made and so many people love them :silly:


When I was a kid, one of the schoolyard taunts was "You're ugly and your ma dresses you funny!". Mean, but yeah, that's what I think when I see one of those costumes. And then I think, "And you paid extra for that". So silly. I could dress just as badly for a few coins by selecting a few items out of the store or ah.

I figure those old costumes are more a means of exchanging coins for the players that still consider they have value. But, I do think that won't last forever. Of course I could be wrong...
:shocked:


I think you'll be wrong :smug: but as much as I think some of the clothes people wear are ugly..I won't pin point what items they are because that's just not who I am..telling anyone what they wear is ugly :hug:


Honestly for some to put them down by calling them ugly or whatnot I believe there's other reasons for that but I'll :shh: :haha: some of us know the real reason or they wouldn't put what others wear down but I'm done with this discussion before I upset someone :angel: :bye:


Let me take one more crack at it so maybe you'll understand. I wouldn't say that to them, but that's what I think. And that's the point. It's ironic to spend extra money and not achieve what you desired. So, as I say, to each his own. I think the trend nowadays is for realistic faces like Cam and Pierre are doing and more or less current fashion. Fashion being fickle, not all items remain desirable regardless of original purchase price.

So, that's all. Fashion changes, people change, everyone has an opinion and their own taste...
:thumbsup:


i get completely what you're saying erwyle. no,you or i and probably many others wouldn't say to someone's face "your 08 costume is ugly", however i will think to myself what the hell i want to thiink. i'm a bit tired of others tyrinig to tell me what to say let alone try to tell me what to think. iti's like the insane politically correct crowd today. i posted on here one time i like to use my. ipad when i go to the beauty palor and i was told no, it's not politically correct to call it that, i should call it the salon. whatever. it's been beauty salon to me for over 65 yrs and it will remain beauty salon to me forever. just call me a politically incorrect butthole. LOL


Someone told you what to say or what to think? :shocked: :shocked: I would never go for that either :hug:
Hey, It's ok to make believe ;)
User avatar

Willow (13350872)
YoWorld Level: 270
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 19880
Forum Title: YoAddict
Location: Excited about Starlink

Re: 08 Costumes...

Postby Autumn Glory (105171200) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:16 pm

LUSTFUL NIGHTMARE (177682964) wrote:As someone who has collected 08 costumes for almost the last decade and has quite the collection of them, I'd really love to see the old One piece costumes redesigned by BVG. I Think it would be really cool to see simplistic but modern versions of the whole costumes return to the game, especially with YoWorld moving toward a more hyper realistic avatar setting. The old 08's are no longer cutting it for me, they look bad compared to the other super realistic items that I and others wear. I truly believe newer versions can be created with enough differences to allow the old costumes to keep their price, after all they're not expensive because they look good, they're expensive because they're old.

I would love to know other peoples thoughts on this? Especially if you own the older costumes yourself. :idea: :rose:




I vote to let our player designers remake the old 08's...... :) Now THAT would be a fun contest.
Image Image
"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." ` Aesop
User avatar
Autumn Glory (105171200)
YoWorld Level: 328
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 12, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 14218
Forum Title: YoWild
Location: Halloween Town

Re: 08 Costumes...

Postby StephMarie (129969826) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:40 pm

Autumn Glory (105171200) wrote:I vote to let our player designers remake the old 08's...... :) Now THAT would be a fun contest.


I had the same thought. I'd love to see the player designers take on the old costumes. :thumbsup:
Image
User avatar

StephMarie (129969826)
YoWorld Level: 303
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 19, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 4722
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Re: 08 Costumes...

Postby Isla (2518852) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:01 pm

We already had a barrel costume remake in one of the gem events- I think it was the Octoberfest event. I still prefer my old barrel for nostalgia but I loved that they made it smaller and that other people can now wear and trade a barrel if they want.

Am definitely open to seeing a Retro Yo 2.0 event. There's nothing particularly wrong with the old costumes but they are old in pretty much every sense. Sharper, more meticulous designs can be made and would sell better. I've not really coveted the old costumes to be honest. I either have them or I don't.
Image


Image
User avatar

Isla (2518852)
YoWorld Level: 288
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 07, 2008
 
Forum Posts: 1455
Forum Title: YoFollower
Location: Nashville

Re: 08 Costumes...

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:01 pm

StephMarie (129969826) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
dianabanna (111036364) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:I don't like any of the 08 costumes because they are both primitive and expensive. But, making newer, better, cheaper ones would be fine with me.

I don't see this suggestion affecting the prices or demand for the old ones. Entirely different market imo.

So, that's a yes...
:thumbsup: :party:




i agree with you. i've sold almost all of my 08's except for 2. lots of coins can be made off of them for sure and i wasn't wearing any of them cause they're, i love your word rod, clunky. and they don't mix well with all the modern items. they were the bomb when they came out cause we didn't have anything like them in the game. i'm not a fan of one piece. costumes cause i like mixing and matching too much however though it wouldn't be interestnig to me to have newer designs of them who am i to say no don't want em? don't want to be accused of being selfish and only playing for myself...others big mantra. it's not mandatory that i buy them so brinig em on and let those who enjoy them spend their moola.


Well, let me be blunt. They are ugly and jacked. Why in the world would you pay that kinda money for a ugly outfit? But, pay they do, so to each his or her own. If I had '08 costumes, I'd be worried when yos would stop wanting them and that the price would fall to reflect their true value--100k lol!

But, new ones? Sure. Not necessarily to be all rare and valuable, just new...
:party:


I'd love to see a new updated take on the old costumes. I have to agree with you, a lot of the 08's are basic and not very attractive. I know a lot of people like them based on their value or something it represents to them... but as far as just how they look, hard pass for me.


I can see how that was cool and exciting back in the day, but that was then, this is now. So yeah, let's hope the Vikings do something like OP suggested. And yeah, they're like trading baseball cards or something: I'll give you a Joe DiMaggio and a Hank Aaron for your Mickey Mantle. K?
:haha: :hug: :party:
User avatar
Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 323
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016
 
Forum Posts: 14598
Forum Title: YoWild

Re: 08 Costumes...

Postby Nightshade (127561160) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:42 am

Oh my, a lot of complaining about other people complaining :silly:

Autumn Glory (105171200) wrote:
LUSTFUL NIGHTMARE (177682964) wrote:As someone who has collected 08 costumes for almost the last decade and has quite the collection of them, I'd really love to see the old One piece costumes redesigned by BVG. I Think it would be really cool to see simplistic but modern versions of the whole costumes return to the game, especially with YoWorld moving toward a more hyper realistic avatar setting. The old 08's are no longer cutting it for me, they look bad compared to the other super realistic items that I and others wear. I truly believe newer versions can be created with enough differences to allow the old costumes to keep their price, after all they're not expensive because they look good, they're expensive because they're old.

I would love to know other peoples thoughts on this? Especially if you own the older costumes yourself. :idea: :rose:




I vote to let our player designers remake the old 08's...... :) Now THAT would be a fun contest.


That's a great idea Autumn Glory! Perhaps that's what the costumes need, a fresh take coming from the players themselves.
ImageImage
User avatar

Nightshade (127561160)
YoWorld Level: 329
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 08, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 322
Forum Title: YoRegular

Re: 08 Costumes...

Postby LUSTFUL NIGHTMARE (177682964) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:26 am

Autumn Glory (105171200) wrote:
LUSTFUL NIGHTMARE (177682964) wrote:As someone who has collected 08 costumes for almost the last decade and has quite the collection of them, I'd really love to see the old One piece costumes redesigned by BVG. I Think it would be really cool to see simplistic but modern versions of the whole costumes return to the game, especially with YoWorld moving toward a more hyper realistic avatar setting. The old 08's are no longer cutting it for me, they look bad compared to the other super realistic items that I and others wear. I truly believe newer versions can be created with enough differences to allow the old costumes to keep their price, after all they're not expensive because they look good, they're expensive because they're old.

I would love to know other peoples thoughts on this? Especially if you own the older costumes yourself. :idea: :rose:




I vote to let our player designers remake the old 08's...... :) Now THAT would be a fun contest.

:drool:
User avatar

LUSTFUL NIGHTMARE (177682964)
YoWorld Level: 233
YoWorld Start Date: May 12, 2011
 
Forum Posts: 287
Forum Title: YoRegular

Re: 08 Costumes...

Postby Fae Ranger (126579776) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:29 am

Autumn Glory (105171200) wrote:
LUSTFUL NIGHTMARE (177682964) wrote:As someone who has collected 08 costumes for almost the last decade and has quite the collection of them, I'd really love to see the old One piece costumes redesigned by BVG. I Think it would be really cool to see simplistic but modern versions of the whole costumes return to the game, especially with YoWorld moving toward a more hyper realistic avatar setting. The old 08's are no longer cutting it for me, they look bad compared to the other super realistic items that I and others wear. I truly believe newer versions can be created with enough differences to allow the old costumes to keep their price, after all they're not expensive because they look good, they're expensive because they're old.

I would love to know other peoples thoughts on this? Especially if you own the older costumes yourself. :idea: :rose:




I vote to let our player designers remake the old 08's...... :) Now THAT would be a fun contest.

I like your plan. ;)
Image

Ever tried
Ever failed
No matter
Try again
Fail again
Fail better

Samuel Beckett
User avatar
Fae Ranger (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 374
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 43634
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend
Location: Presiding Over Mayhem & Nonsense

Re: 08 Costumes...

Postby LUSTFUL NIGHTMARE (177682964) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:31 am

Bumped this thread as BVG posted a theme suggestion and I would love to see this happen!!

Here’s what I wrote in the theme suggestion thread


“I would love to see a throwback theme. When BVG redesign old 08/09 costumes and furniture and release them as modernised versions. I made a thread about this a few weeks ago and it received 98% positive feedback from people who both own and don’t own the older items and as someone who does own them id love to see modernised yorothys, nature women’s, jungle man, performance stages, tiger rugs, etc.

I stressed in the thread that I created that the older items don’t work well with modern Yo outfits and rooms, so reimagined and modern versions of everything would be AMAZING! These would still of course be separate entities from the older items and allow them to keep their value as its a completely separate market. :heart:
User avatar

LUSTFUL NIGHTMARE (177682964)
YoWorld Level: 233
YoWorld Start Date: May 12, 2011
 
Forum Posts: 287
Forum Title: YoRegular

Re: 08 Costumes...

Postby Thursday Soleil (136586881) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:12 am

I actually love this idea. I think we need an updated then vs. now refresh.... or make it a design contest because I KNOW these talented Yodesigners would make them amazing.

as someone who has been fortunate enough to collect some old outfits... Full blown revamp would be cool.
"This must be Thursday", said Arthur musing to himself, sinking low over his beer, " I never could get the hang of Thursdays."-HHGTTG
User avatar

Thursday Soleil (136586881)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 22, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 9639
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: "Oh No, Not Again." :D

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions