08 Costumes...

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

08 Costumes...

Postby LUSTFUL NIGHTMARE (177682964) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:05 pm

As someone who has collected 08 costumes for almost the last decade and has quite the collection of them, I'd really love to see the old One piece costumes redesigned by BVG. I Think it would be really cool to see simplistic but modern versions of the whole costumes return to the game, especially with YoWorld moving toward a more hyper realistic avatar setting. The old 08's are no longer cutting it for me, they look bad compared to the other super realistic items that I and others wear. I truly believe newer versions can be created with enough differences to allow the old costumes to keep their price, after all they're not expensive because they look good, they're expensive because they're old.

I would love to know other peoples thoughts on this? Especially if you own the older costumes yourself. :idea: :rose:

LUSTFUL NIGHTMARE (177682964)
YoWorld Level: 232
YoWorld Start Date: May 12, 2011

Forum Posts: 285
Forum Title: YoRegular

Re: 08 Costumes...

Postby KenJeyz (185864839) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:10 pm

Thats interesting! I don't really own any of them so i can't really speak but im all for innovation :haha:

Last edited by KenJeyz (185864839) on Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KenJeyz (185864839)
YoWorld Level: 261
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 11, 2014

Forum Posts: 4806
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby LUSTFUL NIGHTMARE (177682964) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:12 pm

KenJeyz (185864839) wrote:Thats interesting! I don't really own any of them so i can't really speak but im all for innovation :haha:

:hug:

Postby Bonejour (126579776) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:20 pm

I'm always interested in how players gloss over the lack of detail in their 08s and the "chunkiness" of their design. If none of us knew what an 08 was and BVG brought those to the store, we'd piss and moan and whine to high heaven about them.

I like your idea. I think a "Tribute Collection" would be an outstanding thing for Yo. They should assign one costume to each employee and allow that employee to work with an artist to reinterpret that costume for Yo. Then BVG should offer them in some limited manner such that there were only 500 or so of each in the game and sell them for 100 yocash each. I'd make sure they were rock solid awesome, because players would become addicted to gathering a collection of them.

There's a way to make rares, but BVG has yet to pull that lever. They dance around it with the Monthly Exclusives, but the problem is they put too many things in there that suck. We see the response when the item is remotely desirable. Imagine if it was coveted game wide. A limited 08 reimagination release would do it. It would be very simple. Each costume would be released daily until they were all done. The daily releases would occur RANDOMLY in 3 tranches, players would be allowed to buy ONE costume per day - PERIOD. In fact, I'd block IPs after one was purchased to ruin alt abuse. I'd want 500 different players to have one. And then repeat on days 2-? until done.

Then let the trading begin.......... :smug:

Ever tried
Ever failed
No matter
Try again
Fail again
Fail better

Samuel Beckett
Bonejour (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 372
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 43554
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby LUSTFUL NIGHTMARE (177682964) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:28 pm

Rod (126579776) wrote:I'm always interested in how players gloss over the lack of detail in their 08s and the "chunkiness" of their design. If none of us knew what an 08 was and BVG brought those to the store, we'd piss and moan and whine to high heaven about them.

I like your idea. I think a "Tribute Collection" would be an outstanding thing for Yo. They should assign one costume to each employee and allow that employee to work with an artist to reinterpret that costume for Yo. Then BVG should offer them in some limited manner such that there were only 500 or so of each in the game and sell them for 100 yocash each. I'd make sure they were rock solid awesome, because players would become addicted to gathering a collection of them.

There's a way to make rares, but BVG has yet to pull that lever. They dance around it with the Monthly Exclusives, but the problem is they put too many things in there that suck. We see the response when the item is remotely desirable. Imagine if it was coveted game wide. A limited 08 reimagination release would do it. It would be very simple. Each costume would be released daily until they were all done. The daily releases would occur RANDOMLY in 3 tranches, players would be allowed to buy ONE costume per day - PERIOD. In fact, I'd block IPs after one was purchased to ruin alt abuse. I'd want 500 different players to have one. And then repeat on days 2-? until done.

This idea seems almost... flawless? Very different outlook on what I had in mind at first, but I really like this idea.

I've spent over a billion coins on my 08 collection and said collection collects dust. Several of the costume ideas are timeless as well, such as the Yorothy and nature woman. I would kill for modern versions of those. I don't wear the originals because they dont work well with my outfits. :'( :heart:

Postby Taurus (185839344) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:32 pm

Rod (126579776) wrote:I'm always interested in how players gloss over the lack of detail in their 08s and the "chunkiness" of their design. If none of us knew what an 08 was and BVG brought those to the store, we'd piss and moan and whine to high heaven about them.

i actually prefer the 08 designs. i know i am in the minority though. as far as rares go.. i think that the company tries to dictate a rare is part of the problem ..supply and demand should dictate a rare. just because bvg limitsthe supply still does not mean there will be a long term demand. putting a 100yc tag on a piece of crap doesn't mean it will be a desired rare. sure there will be an intial panic by a few people but the resale demand is just not there.
Taurus (185839344)
YoWorld Level: 244
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2014

Forum Posts: 10550
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Bonejour (126579776) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:54 pm

Taurus (185839344) wrote:

i actually prefer the 08 designs. i know i am in the minority though. as far as rares go.. i think that the company tries to dictate a rare is part of the problem ..supply and demand should dictate a rare. just because bvg limitsthe supply still does not mean there will be a long term demand. putting a 100yc tag on a piece of crap doesn't mean it will be a desired rare. sure there will be an intial panic by a few people but the resale demand is just not there.

I use the Ninja costume a lot because that is still my favorite 08. It looks like an organized pile of gray sheets. Sure we've had better ninja costumes come out, but they've never taken off. So now we work on an 08 Ninja Tribute costume idea. They take that lump of dirty bed sheets and give it the detail it deserves. They take the battleship gray and swap it out for a silvery gunmetal. They give it a real sword that actually looks like a sword and they angle it correctly. They fix the gloves. They reshape the eye slit. And then they only pass out 500 of them with the "08 Tribute" label on it. A little hype. A little buzz. And set right in the middle of the rest of the 08 Tributes. They will all sell. They will all get collected. Because that's what Yo's do when something gets released that they actually want. They crush each other for the stuff.

:thumbsup: :shocked: :)

Ever tried
Ever failed
No matter
Try again
Fail again
Fail better

Samuel Beckett
Bonejour (126579776)

Postby Taurus (185839344) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:59 pm

Rod (126579776) wrote:
Taurus (185839344) wrote:

I use the Ninja costume a lot because that is still my favorite 08. It looks like an organized pile of gray sheets. Sure we've had better ninja costumes come out, but they've never taken off. So now we work on an 08 Ninja Tribute costume idea. They take that lump of dirty bed sheets and give it the detail it deserves. They take the battleship gray and swap it out for a silvery gunmetal. They give it a real sword that actually looks like a sword and they angle it correctly. They fix the gloves. They reshape the eye slit. And then they only pass out 500 of them with the "08 Tribute" label on it. A little hype. A little buzz. And set right in the middle of the rest of the 08 Tributes. They will all sell. They will all get collected. Because that's what Yo's do when something gets released that they actually want. They crush each other for the stuff.

:thumbsup: :shocked: :)

then we make popcorn and rub our hands together evily while awaiting the rerelease the trubute threads.
Taurus (185839344)
YoWorld Level: 244
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2014

Forum Posts: 10550
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:07 pm

I don't like any of the 08 costumes because they are both primitive and expensive. But, making newer, better, cheaper ones would be fine with me.

I don't see this suggestion affecting the prices or demand for the old ones. Entirely different market imo.

So, that's a yes...
:thumbsup: :party:
Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 323
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 14591
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Vivica (13404458) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:09 pm

It's a pass from me.

Vivica (13404458)
YoWorld Level: 242
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 9421
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Goddess Zane (2435988) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:17 pm

It would also not reduce the collectability of the originals. I especially like your idea of blocking IPs after one was purchased.

Goddess Zane (2435988)
YoWorld Level: 371
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 04, 2008

Forum Posts: 1153
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby Pinkylola (235554) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:36 pm

I own a few of the 08 costumes and I hate how hard is to combined them with other face items, that's why I hardly wear them, I will say yes, bring them :D
ImageImageImage

Pinkylola (235554)
YoWorld Level: 310
YoWorld Start Date: May 31, 2008

Forum Posts: 18776
Forum Title: Auction House Hero

Postby dianabanana (111036364) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:42 pm

Erwyle (187240896) wrote:I don't like any of the 08 costumes because they are both primitive and expensive. But, making newer, better, cheaper ones would be fine with me.

I don't see this suggestion affecting the prices or demand for the old ones. Entirely different market imo.

So, that's a yes...
:thumbsup: :party:

i agree with you. i've sold almost all of my 08's except for 2. lots of coins can be made off of them for sure and i wasn't wearing any of them cause they're, i love your word rod, clunky. and they don't mix well with all the modern items. they were the bomb when they came out cause we didn't have anything like them in the game. i'm not a fan of one piece. costumes cause i like mixing and matching too much however though it wouldn't be interestnig to me to have newer designs of them who am i to say no don't want em? don't want to be accused of being selfish and only playing for myself...others big mantra. it's not mandatory that i buy them so brinig em on and let those who enjoy them spend their moola.
Image dear haters: I have so much more to say for you to carry on about and be mad at....just be patient.

dianabanana (111036364)
YoWorld Level: 393
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 31, 2009

Forum Posts: 13688

Postby Willow (13350872) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:43 pm

It's a pass from me as well but I would be all for them making a whole line of new attractive one piece costumes..I think that would go over better than a redesign and it would give newer and older players something to start a good collection with..I guess, I'd rather see new designs than remake the ones that are already in game :silly:
Day-o, day-o Daylight come and me wan' go home Day, me say day, me say day, me say day Me say day, me say day-o Daylight come and me wan' go home Work all night on a drink of rum Daylight come and me wan' go home

Willow (13350872)
YoWorld Level: 270

Forum Posts: 19785
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby dianabanana (111036364) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:45 pm

Goddess Zane (2435988) wrote:

It would also not reduce the collectability of the originals. I especially like your idea of blocking IPs after one was purchased.

i, too like the idea of limiting purchase to one per ip address. it just might chap the butts of those with alts though. LOL
Image dear haters: I have so much more to say for you to carry on about and be mad at....just be patient.

dianabanana (111036364)

Postby Willow (13350872) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:51 pm

Change that to a limit of 100 per costume released in game and I'm in :smug: :haha:
Day-o, day-o Daylight come and me wan' go home Day, me say day, me say day, me say day Me say day, me say day-o Daylight come and me wan' go home Work all night on a drink of rum Daylight come and me wan' go home

Willow (13350872)

Postby dianabanana (111036364) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:59 pm

i don't know about your idea of "randomly, 3 times" cause me's now have announced times and this forum fills up with "i didn't get one because_____ and it's not fair because___" now i can only iimagine what complaints random time releases would evoke. first, because not everybody has all day or night to sit in yo waiting for a random release. and second, with only 100 released it would again be the me's all over again with a lot of unhappy yos complaining again and again. i don't know how it could be fair to all however who says yo must be fair to all?

dianabanana (111036364)

Postby Bonejour (126579776) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:15 pm

dianabanna (111036364) wrote:i don't know about your idea of "randomly, 3 times" cause me's now have announced times and this forum fills up with "i didn't get one because_____ and it's not fair because___" now i can only iimagine what complaints random time releases would evoke. first, because not everybody has all day or night to sit in yo waiting for a random release. and second, with only 100 released it would again be the me's all over again with a lot of unhappy yos complaining again and again. i don't know how it could be fair to all however who says yo must be fair to all?

We definitely agree here. The endless bishin and moaning that goes on about the Monthly Exclusives already makes me nuts. "I didn't even get a CHANCE" & "The timers were broken" & on & on & on & on & on & on.

One day I'm going to apply for a permit to post what I REALLY want to post about the complaining around these things. They'd have to hide the small children and easily offended on that day, because what needs to get said is going to leave a few people without skin........

:angel:

Ever tried
Ever failed
No matter
Try again
Fail again
Fail better

Samuel Beckett
Bonejour (126579776)

Postby Willow (13350872) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:17 pm

Rod (126579776) wrote:
dianabanna (111036364) wrote:i don't know about your idea of "randomly, 3 times" cause me's now have announced times and this forum fills up with "i didn't get one because_____ and it's not fair because___" now i can only iimagine what complaints random time releases would evoke. first, because not everybody has all day or night to sit in yo waiting for a random release. and second, with only 100 released it would again be the me's all over again with a lot of unhappy yos complaining again and again. i don't know how it could be fair to all however who says yo must be fair to all?

We definitely agree here. The endless bishin and moaning that goes on about the Monthly Exclusives already makes me nuts. "I didn't even get a CHANCE" & "The timers were broken" & on & on & on & on & on & on.

One day I'm going to apply for a permit to post what I REALLY want to post about the complaining around these things. They'd have to hide the small children and easily offended on that day, because what needs to get said is going to leave a few people without skin........

Yep, I agree with all you said :thumbsup:

Willow (13350872)

Postby Willow (13350872) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:18 pm

Willow (13350872) wrote:
Rod (126579776) wrote:

Yep, I agree with all you said :thumbsup:

Even if they worked right someone would find some reason to bish :dizzy:

Willow (13350872)

Next

Return to YoWorld Discussions