How About an All-COIN Theme

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: How About an All-COIN Theme

Postby Sharona (110510771) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:57 pm

BVG should give one free rare hair every time a new theme comes out to VIP's! I'm sure they would get more subscriptions.

Sharona (110510771)
YoWorld Level: 381
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 29, 2009

Forum Posts: 364
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby SouthernSourNSweet (103681266) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:20 pm

Sharona (110510771) wrote:BVG should give one free rare hair every time a new theme comes out to VIP's! I'm sure they would get more subscriptions.

100% agree with this! But let us pick our rare :smug:
Remember to load your brain before you shoot your mouth off - Old Farmer's Advice
Boots on wanna see the bottom of em say somethin

SouthernSourNSweet (103681266)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: May 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 11586
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Sharona (110510771) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:24 pm

SouthernSourNSweet (103681266) wrote:
Sharona (110510771) wrote:BVG should give one free rare hair every time a new theme comes out to VIP's! I'm sure they would get more subscriptions.

100% agree with this! But let us pick our rare :smug:

Absolutely we should be able to pick our own rares. :thumbsup:

Sharona (110510771)
YoWorld Level: 381
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 29, 2009

Forum Posts: 364
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby Chris (4327680) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:44 am

Prices go up as things grow. BVG adds new things to the game, but very rarely removes things. Every new addition increases the amount of overall maintenance needed to keep all existing pieces functioning and also increases all overhead for the company as a whole.

Reading many threads, and combining the guts of most of them, people want BVG to keep adding things, keep growing the basics, convert the game to HTML without taking effort and resources from something else, and not raise prices at all.

It just isn’t possible. Time and budget are finite. It’s completely unrealistic to expect BVG to do more and more and more but not charge any more. I agree that some prices are ridiculous, but the core game stuff... I think is very fair compared to other games.
Click Globe for my home(s).

Buy / Sell / Trade / Wishes are at: Christine's Corner Top Wishes: Wish List
Always wishes: Wild West Wall Stars, XO2018 Black Area Rugs, Dining Chairs/Stools, Brown Hairs (I return any hairs I already have.)

Chris (4327680)
YoWorld Level: 325
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 30, 2008

Forum Posts: 4530
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby Dex Dexter (131354847) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:55 pm

Chris (4327680) wrote:Prices go up as things grow.

There is no reason for this. The designers still receive their pay and there are no physical materials being used to create a table or bush.

Chris (4327680) wrote:BVG adds new things to the game, but very rarely removes things. .

Except the times when they "Vault" themes and remove cheap, coin seating. :D

Chris (4327680) wrote:Every new addition increases the amount of overall maintenance needed to keep all existing pieces functioning and also increases all overhead for the company as a whole.

This impacts in-game coin (which isn't real currency) how? The designers are paid, still, and the company makes money from the sale of VIP memberships and YoCash (which often comes with coins). That, and advertising, is how they make their money, not by jacking up Coin Prices. :D

Chris (4327680) wrote:Reading many threads...people want BVG to keep adding things...and not raise prices at all.

As I've said, in-game currency is not subject to inflation so these price raises are arbitrary and often prohibitive. Did you miss where I said that a couch cost VIP members 400K? Why? That couch had no new features and looked like a recolor of another previous release. You've noticed, I'm sure, the repurposed bush from the "Roadtrip" theme - it's smaller and twice the price as the original! Why?

Chris (4327680) wrote:Time and budget are finite...I agree that some prices are ridiculous, but the core game stuff... I think is very fair compared to other games.

This makes little sense. "Time and budget are finite..." What does that even mean? The "time" aspect is what the designers get paid for. The "budget" is set - but how do in-game coins affect their real-time, real-money budget?

Yes, some of the prices are ridiculous...and do you want the same Mission-Theme and Shaker-chairs in every room you have because the prices of seating are too high? :D

Dex Dexter (131354847)
YoWorld Level: 360
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 635
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Chris (4327680) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:11 am

I’m on Mobile, so replying to everything at once...

Any company that experiences significant growth requires more employees. Each employee increases overhead. Certain company sizes often have to hire employees for overage before they actually have enough growth to cover the entire new expense, so they increase prices to bridge that gap, and to build more cushion for the next new hire that they only partially need so far. This is an extremely common practice.

Finite... the company only makes a finite amount (however variable) so they can only afford to pay a certain amount of salaries. They can’t go off and hire ten designers if they only make enough to pay for five. Yes, that’s a “no duh” statement, yet it’s what a lot of players seem to expect based on their demands.

Anyway, we clearly disagree. I think BVG is doing just fine, great in fact, based on my decades of experience tangential to their world.

Always wishes: Wild West Wall Stars, XO2018 Black Area Rugs, Dining Chairs/Stools, Brown Hairs (I return any hairs I already have.)

Chris (4327680)

Postby Dex Dexter (131354847) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:59 am

Chris (4327680) wrote:Each employee increases overhead.

I know how companies work - I ran for several years. "Overhead" comes from actual, physical materials like wood, plastic cups, etc.

This isn't a matter of "agree to disagree," it's about the creators assigning random, higher prices to new releases, regardless of the quality of those items.

This post wasn't meant to disparage BVG. It was a suggestion for a Customer Appreciation theme. It's very sad that people can't see this.

:star:

Dex Dexter (131354847)

Postby DianaBanana (111036364) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:01 am

Chris (4327680) wrote:I’m on Mobile, so replying to everything at once...

Any company that experiences significant growth requires more employees. Each employee increases overhead. Certain company sizes often have to hire employees for overage before they actually have enough growth to cover the entire new expense, so they increase prices to bridge that gap, and to build more cushion for the next new hire that they only partially need so far. This is an extremely common practice.

Finite... the company only makes a finite amount (however variable) so they can only afford to pay a certain amount of salaries. They can’t go off and hire ten designers if they only make enough to pay for five. Yes, that’s a “no duh” statement, yet it’s what a lot of players seem to expect based on their demands.

Anyway, we clearly disagree. I think BVG is doing just fine, great in fact, based on my decades of experience tangential to their world.

i get the finite part of what you are saying here. doesn't the fact a designer is hired for 8 hrs per day and can only do so much in that time frame go along with the finite amount of how many salaries it can afford to pay? for a bvg to do everything we demand the company to do in the amount of time the employees are paid to work, along with their time being spent on just doing themes and theme items in an 8 hr day limit how much they can produce? it's been like 43 yrs since i studied business in college and at that time there were few busineses even using computers and their certainly were no internet games or internet for that fact. lol the first computer i saw was the size of a small residential home bathroom in a tempeture controlled room. lol the first video game i ever saw was Pong which seemed like a miracle to me and would be considered prehistoric in todays video game world. lol

dex, i get what you are saying especially about customer appreciation now that you expalined it was your main point. sorry i got off topic here with chris. i always find what she has to say quite interesting and i always seem to learn a lot from her. again my apologies for going off topic a bit on your thread.
Image have patience, love your own folks abundantly, have too much fun and ignore the malcontents who try to bring drama into your life.

DianaBanana (111036364)
YoWorld Level: 391
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 31, 2009

Forum Posts: 13471
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Dex Dexter (131354847) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:12 am

DianaBanana (111036364) wrote:dex, i get what you are saying especially about customer appreciation now that you expalined it was your main point.

Maybe I need to state this in the opening. :D

Dex Dexter (131354847)

Postby SinisterPrime (116808443) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:41 am

Dex Dexter (131354847) wrote:As a form of CUSTOMER APPRECIATION:

Why not give us just ONE theme where you put out full rooms - couches, chairs, end tables, coffee tables, rugs, draperies, windows, doors, quality wallpaper, and flooring, beds, dressers, vanities, nightstands, showers, tubs, dining tables, dining chairs, stoves, sinks, refrigerators, bushes, trees, outside windows (that don't reflect outside scenes), outside doors, roof pieces...hats, coats, shirts, pants, shoes, jewelry, shorts, skirts, and even a few cool Yobers...all for reasonable COIN?

Why not put out this theme, then make it a permanent theme...so we can keep going back to it like we can the ones we already have?

If you want to make money on this one theme, then offer some higher-quality pieces to the VIP, the ones already paying for the game. Let this one theme be a :gift: GIFT :gift: to the players. Give something back to them for all they've given the game.

Thoughts?

They periodically give a free house and items. There aim is to make money so we might not get too many items in a coin theme only. But it is a good idea!

SinisterPrime (116808443)
YoWorld Level: 323
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 8206
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Chris (4327680) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:50 pm

Dex Dexter (131354847) wrote:
Chris (4327680) wrote:Each employee increases overhead.

I know how companies work - I ran for several years. "Overhead" comes from actual, physical materials like wood, plastic cups, etc.

This isn't a matter of "agree to disagree," it's about the creators assigning random, higher prices to new releases, regardless of the quality of those items.

This post wasn't meant to disparage BVG. It was a suggestion for a Customer Appreciation theme. It's very sad that people can't see this.

:star:

Overhead is any cost that isn't a direct cost of creating and providing/manufacturing your product or service, which in a company with no physical product amounts to pretty much everything on top of designer salaries. There is overhead for every employee which is where my original statement that more employees = more overhead came from.

It is everything from rent, utilities, and maintenance to more hours/staff to process more payroll, handle more HR, any legal costs, which for international IP are pricey even if you don't need to defend anything, and God help you if you do. They'll have new expenses for additional desks, computers, etc., which also require more IT, and don't forget server space, which grows with the company, especially a gaming company. Not to mention covering more vacation and sick time, plus any changes in insurance, taxes, etc., additional time off (females potentially needing maternity time). More employees also means more expense reports, with almost everything on them being overhead...

I also run/ran a company. 22 years on March 1. No physical product, all digital, just like BVG. I had plenty of overhead, and it increased with every business peak. You aim for 20% or lower, but there are surges for capital expenses, office supplies, and growing pains, and once you iron all of that out and slowly recoup some costs, getting back to 20%, you're expanding again (you hope).

I gave my opinion and more than anyone probably cares to read to support it. I'm out.

Everyone have a great night, weekend, whatever applies.

Chris (4327680)

Postby Jaxa Lott (126579776) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:04 pm

Chris (4327680) wrote:I gave my opinion and more than anyone probably cares to read to support it. I'm out.

Everyone have a great night, weekend, whatever applies.

Dex never stops chewing on differing opinions. I usually just give up as well. LOL

But I read what ya posted. Good stuff :D

Enjoy your weekend as well :thumbsup:

Anything in the sky can be a UFO if you're bad enough at identifying things.....
Jaxa Lott (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 362
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 43180
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Taurus (185839344) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:26 pm

it's a novel idea but even when charging yocash, bvg quality is very sketchy.. imagine if everything was just free(coins). what do you realistically think the quality would be?
Taurus (185839344)
YoWorld Level: 244
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2014

Forum Posts: 10510
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Mizz Libra (136290570) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:52 am

That would be lovely. I still include affordable coin items from Taku, Arabesque, and the other really old coin-mostly themes.
❤Click signature to visit me ❤
For contests and more check out my Yo group on Facebook: YoZodiacs

Mizz Libra (136290570)
YoWorld Level: 490
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 21, 2009

Forum Posts: 42646
Forum Title: YoManiac

Postby Dex Dexter (131354847) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:57 pm

Taurus (185839344) wrote:it's a novel idea but even when charging yocash, bvg quality is very sketchy.. imagine if everything was just free(coins). what do you realistically think the quality would be?

Holy cats...I'm not asking for every theme to be free. I'm asking for ONE theme out of - how many - during the year to be all coins. It wouldn't bankrupt the company...

o_o

Dex Dexter (131354847)

Postby Dex Dexter (131354847) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:01 pm

Chris (4327680) wrote: I gave my opinion and more than anyone probably cares to read to support it.

Yes, you did, and I read it all. ONE theme out of twenty-four plus, during the year, wouldn't bankrupt the Vikings. I don't know why everyone always jumps to this crazy defense of, "They need to make money..." every time someone suggests they give something back to us for all that we give to them. They do make money on the other themes or they wouldn't have lasted as long as they have.

As I said, ONE all-coin theme wouldn't bankrupt them.

I don't know about you, but I like to feel appreciated - after 10 years of playing this game.

:bye:

Dex Dexter (131354847)

Postby Dex Dexter (131354847) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:06 pm

Uncle Fungus (126579776) wrote: Dex never stops chewing on differing opinions...But I read what ya posted. Good stuff...

It was "good stuff." I don't "chew on differing opinions," so much as point out the parts I disagree with. It's strange how so many people can disagree with - me - and they don't get accused of "chewing on" anything.

:D

Dex Dexter (131354847)

Postby Goddess Zane (2435988) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:12 pm

Miss Sass (187728411) wrote:I like the idea but I don't think it'll ever happen and I'm not too bothered by that. At the end of the day, BVG is a business and has to make money. Yes, they like pleasing customers, but they don't really 'care' about us. They care about keeping their building in standing shape, and sending their employees home with a check, which is reasonable. Like I said, I do like the idea, but there are still actually a nice variety of coin items that are mixed in with the themes throughout the stores, and if one sat down to actually go through them all, I think they'd be surprised.

Aside from that, while I don't have the coins to give, if anyone is struggling, feel free to PM me and I'll gladly meet and send some items your way to sell or use so you can have a better time ingame :heart: :hug:

We do have a lot of coin items. I use them from time to time, not because I don't have the yocash since I'm one of those paying VIP customers that should still be hit with yc items, but because I like how they look. Taku items are a very good example of this.

Goddess Zane (2435988)
YoWorld Level: 368
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 04, 2008

Forum Posts: 1067
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby Dex Dexter (131354847) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:58 pm

Goddess Zane (2435988) wrote: We do have a lot of coin items.

Why is this the common response?! I'm asking for one theme, just one theme with updated items, that's all-coins...like in the beginning. Just ONE theme that everyone in the game can afford to buy, new players, old players, and everyone in between.

Why is this so awful?!

:eh:

Dex Dexter (131354847)

Postby Robyn VIP (8132649) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:23 pm

Dex Dexter (131354847) wrote:
Goddess Zane (2435988) wrote: We do have a lot of coin items.

Why is this the common response?! I'm asking for one theme, just one theme with updated items, that's all-coins...like in the beginning. Just ONE theme that everyone in the game can afford to buy, new players, old players, and everyone in between.

Why is this so awful?!

:eh:

But it's not, like others I happen to agree with you and would love to see an all coin theme! :heart:
Robyn VIP (8132649)
YoWorld Level: 274
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 5538
Forum Title: YoDedicated

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions