The future of Yoworld?

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

The future of Yoworld?

Postby GoneFishing (186396991) » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:24 pm

Will Yoworld and or FishWorld ever be taken off of Facebook? Will Yoworld or FishWold ever have their own platforms and it's own servers away from Facebook?

Or is Facebook the only place where we can play the game?

Asking on behalf of my fellow yo buddies and myself.
Thank you for reading and or responding if you do. :)

GoneFishing (186396991)
YoWorld Level: 335
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 02, 2015

Forum Posts: 139
Forum Title: YoApprentice
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in giant pile of Skittles!

Re: The future of Yoworld?

Postby Vivica (13404458) » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:28 pm

I personally hope it stays on Facebook.
Actin' like you hood, but we all know you white America
You don't wanna start this
You a billy from the 'burbs, you a fraud hitch
I see you arguing with chicks, you do it often
I guess you wanna be a queen, come out the closet

Vivica (13404458)
YoWorld Level: 238
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 8945
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby CountryDude89 (11877186) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:19 am

No, We will become one with the Matrix.

CountryDude89 (11877186)
YoWorld Level: 208
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 18, 2009

Forum Posts: 20896
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby DianaBanana (111036364) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:32 am

CountryDude89 (11877186) wrote:No, We will become one with the Matrix.

good one, cd. i'd love to be stuck with kenau reeves anywhere but the matrix. lol thanks for the giggle
Image i'm constantly torn between "treat others like you want to be treated" and "treat others like they treat you."

DianaBanana (111036364)
YoWorld Level: 391
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 31, 2009

Forum Posts: 13445
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Willow (13350872) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:59 am

I'm wondering why so many people dislike fb? :?: I mean no one has to explain to me but I'm just nosey :haha: :haha: heck I kind of like FB and think I'd be lost without it :wailing: :wailing:
Yes, we all nose ;)

Willow (13350872)
YoWorld Level: 270

Forum Posts: 19291
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby SouthernSourNSweet (103681266) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:03 am

Willow (13350872) wrote:I'm wondering why so many people dislike fb? :?: I mean no one has to explain to me but I'm just nosey :haha: :haha: heck I kind of like FB and think I'd be lost without it :wailing: :wailing:

Same!
Remember to load your brain before you shoot your mouth off - Old Farmer's Advice
Boots on wanna see the bottom of em say somethin

SouthernSourNSweet (103681266)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: May 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 11552
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby CelticMyst (119751720) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:25 am

Willow (13350872) wrote:I'm wondering why so many people dislike fb? :?: I mean no one has to explain to me but I'm just nosey :haha: :haha: heck I kind of like FB and think I'd be lost without it :wailing: :wailing:

Thats so funny Willow...
Personally for myself I would love to have a YOWorld platform all its own. But with that said, I do go thru my desktop ap, an even tho its connected thru FB, I dont actually go to my FB page to get to YO. And with that option I hardly ever look at my FB page or want to. I know family members that would be lost w/o FB. And its those ppl that spend lots of time posting there and interacting with their FB friends and I believe thats what they would miss. I have not, but many have made friends there that they like to keep in touch with. I am and always will be the hermit.... the recluse...and have no use for FB and its posts. :haha:
But the Desktop Ap works great.. and its thru there that I head to my YO home... :thumbsup:
:hug:

CelticMyst (119751720)
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 05, 2009

Forum Posts: 6289
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Lori (131347843) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:32 am

OP, this is the 4th or 5th post we've had this past week or so asking this question. I see you rarely post in the forums, so you probably didn't see them, but sometimes it helps to just look at a page or 3 of posts to see if it's already been asked.

The answer is no. Yoworld has no plans to move off of FB.

Lori (131347843)
YoWorld Level: 349
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 3696
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Willow (13350872) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:43 am

CelticMyst (119751720) wrote:

Thats so funny Willow...
Personally for myself I would love to have a YOWorld platform all its own. But with that said, I do go thru my desktop ap, an even tho its connected thru FB, I dont actually go to my FB page to get to YO. And with that option I hardly ever look at my FB page or want to. I know family members that would be lost w/o FB. And its those ppl that spend lots of time posting there and interacting with their FB friends and I believe thats what they would miss. I have not, but many have made friends there that they like to keep in touch with. I am and always will be the hermit.... the recluse...and have no use for FB and its posts. :haha:
But the Desktop Ap works great.. and its thru there that I head to my YO home... :thumbsup:

Well, that's what I was kind of thinking as far as yoworld goes, If I want to get into the game I don't even have to look at FB...so I guess I was confused on what the issue was :haha: :haha: I've found some really good recipes and really cute animal pics on my FB :smug: which I know I could also see all that if I searched for it but if I'm bored enough I just like to scroll and see what's going on and of course there's things I'd rather not see but I just keep scrolling. And I also got in touch with some long lost friends that after their dad died in a car accident I lost touch with them so just recently we all connected again and that was thanks to FB :D Thanks for replying to me Celtic :hug: :heart: :hug:
Yes, we all nose ;)

Willow (13350872)

Postby DianaBanana (111036364) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:07 pm

Thats so funny Willow...

i do almost exactly what you do. the desktop app is my main go to to get on yo. i look at my fb page once a day and only cause my 11 family members who live in 4 different texas cities like to keep on touch on fb most of the time. if not for that i wouldn't even have a fb account. kind of a time waster to me. i've blocked so many. on fb because of the nasty political posts. i can get all my poliitical news on t.v. or smart news on my ipad.
Image i'm constantly torn between "treat others like you want to be treated" and "treat others like they treat you."

DianaBanana (111036364)
YoWorld Level: 391
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 31, 2009

Forum Posts: 13445

Postby CelticMyst (119751720) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:26 pm

Willow (13350872) wrote:

Thats so funny Willow...

Well, that's what I was kind of thinking as far as yoworld goes, If I want to get into the game I don't even have to look at FB...so I guess I was confused on what the issue was :haha: :haha: I've found some really good recipes and really cute animal pics on my FB :smug: which I know I could also see all that if I searched for it but if I'm bored enough I just like to scroll and see what's going on and of course there's things I'd rather not see but I just keep scrolling. And I also got in touch with some long lost friends that after their dad died in a car accident I lost touch with them so just recently we all connected again and that was thanks to FB :D Thanks for replying to me Celtic :hug: :heart: :hug:

I totally get why some ppl like to scroll thru... I have someone across the dinner table from me that feels its his duty to answer every 'like'.. or post/comment on his page. :haha: :phew: Thats ok, to each their own source of enjoyment. :thumbsup:
AND when I do check, then there are the times my heart breaks and im sitting here crying away over a sad post.. or one from a rescue site. :heart: So I decide to pass and just go, Desktop --> Y icon --> to my Yohome.
btw,' Allrecipes.com' is a great place for any recipe you may look for. :thumbsup: I use it all the time... :D
Hope you have a great evening Willow... :rose:

CelticMyst (119751720)

Postby CelticMyst (119751720) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:32 pm

DianaBanana (111036364) wrote:

Thats so funny Willow...

i do almost exactly what you do. the desktop app is my main go to to get on yo. i look at my fb page once a day and only cause my 11 family members who live in 4 different texas cities like to keep on touch on fb most of the time. if not for that i wouldn't even have a fb account. kind of a time waster to me. i've blocked so many. on fb because of the nasty political posts. i can get all my poliitical news on t.v. or smart news on my ipad.

DianaBanana, the bolded part says it all! :hug: :haha: Yes, I can imagine trying to hide from 11 Texas family members when you want to.. :haha: NOT gonna happen! :shocked: In that regard, Im thinking that FB is a good place to keep connected . :thumbsup:
And when you want.... off to use the Desktop ap, and no one has to know your online! :smug: :thumbsup:

CelticMyst (119751720)

Postby Kio (185180932) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:33 pm

It does not hurt to ask this question again... Hopefully at some point this is considered-
but I won't be holding my breath.
:haha:

It would be nice and couldn't hurt.. but R.I.P to the idea since it is not legally bound to be so practical at this time. I can live without FB and I can live without this game. So to me it's not a huge dealbreaker but I do think the option would be awesome for those who want it.
#GoodRiddance never looked so good. #based
You can't change the people around you but you can change the people around you.
The truth is out there.
Kio (185180932)
YoWorld Level: 266
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 21, 2013

Forum Posts: 13719

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:26 pm

GoneFishing (186396991) wrote:Will Yoworld and or FishWorld ever be taken off of Facebook? Will Yoworld or FishWold ever have their own platforms and it's own servers away from Facebook?

It is very nice of you to ask this on behalf of your buddies. You can ask anything here, there will always be nice people who will answer your question nicely too :hug:

BVG has no plan to leave Facebook in the near future, but who knows what the future may hold? :)

As for myself, I prefer YoWorld to stay on Facebook because I access Facebook everyday anyway. It is the place I can learn the news of the people I care about (mostly close family members and relatives), and they are spread out in four different continents. I also talk on the phone with them regularly using Facebook Messenger, and international calls are free, thanks to Facebook. If YoWorld leaves Facebook, being a lazy person like I am, I might eventually not bothering to access the YW website anymore.

I think the best way is for BVG to give us options, so people can choose to either login from Facebook, or out of Facebook. I hope they'll consider this, if it is possible to implement. Then everyone would be happy :)

No Covid-19 vaccination if pregnant, lactating, gets pregnant in 3 months ahead, has severe allergy, under 18. Under 18 with disease, immunocompromised ones, consult own physician.

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 413
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015

Forum Posts: 18098

Postby StephMarie (129969826) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:36 pm

Stardust (186190305) wrote:
GoneFishing (186396991) wrote:Will Yoworld and or FishWorld ever be taken off of Facebook? Will Yoworld or FishWold ever have their own platforms and it's own servers away from Facebook?

It is very nice of you to ask this on behalf of your buddies. You can ask anything here, there will always be nice people who will answer your question nicely too :hug:

BVG has no plan to leave Facebook in the near future, but who knows what the future may hold? :)

As for myself, I prefer YoWorld to stay on Facebook because I access Facebook everyday anyway. It is the place I can learn the news of the people I care about (mostly close family members and relatives), and they are spread out in four different continents. I also talk on the phone with them regularly using Facebook Messenger, and long-distance call is free, thanks to Facebook. If YoWorld leaves Facebook, being a lazy person like I am, I might eventually not bothering to access the YW website anymore.

I think the best way is for BVG to give us options, so people can choose to either login from Facebook, or out of Facebook. I hope they'll consider this, if it is possible to implement. Then everyone would be happy :)

It would be great to have the ability to choose. I'd probably choose not to log in through Facebook just so that 100% of my payments would go toward helping the game instead of Facebook taking a big cut of it. It seems like I remember reading a long time ago that 30% of our payments go to Facebook.

StephMarie (129969826)
YoWorld Level: 302
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 19, 2009

Forum Posts: 4600
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:51 pm

StephMarie (129969826) wrote:
Stardust (186190305) wrote:

As for myself, I prefer YoWorld to stay on Facebook because I access Facebook everyday anyway. It is the place I can learn the news of the people I care about (mostly close family members and relatives), and they are spread out in four different continents. I also talk on the phone with them regularly using Facebook Messenger, and long-distance call is free, thanks to Facebook. If YoWorld leaves Facebook, being a lazy person like I am, I might eventually not bothering to access the YW website anymore.

It would be great to have the ability to choose. I'd probably choose not to log in through Facebook just so that 100% of my payments would go toward helping the game instead of Facebook taking a big cut of it. It seems like I remember reading a long time ago that 30% of our payments go to Facebook.

I forget that! :shocked: Thanks for reminding us, StephMarie! In that case, whenever I need to pay real money to BVG, I'd make sure to login the standalone YoWorld first. 30% is a lot! :sad:

No Covid-19 vaccination if pregnant, lactating, gets pregnant in 3 months ahead, has severe allergy, under 18. Under 18 with disease, immunocompromised ones, consult own physician.

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 413
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015

Forum Posts: 18098

Postby Chris (4327680) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:16 am

It doesn’t matter to me whether it’s through Facebook or not. The only thing is, moving it off Facebook will take time away from other things, so we should accept that other parts of the game will slow down or pause while that is happening.

That’s a long running issue around here. Many don’t realize that BVG has a finite number of working hours and anything requested of them shifts around everything else requested of them.

Thank you, Lori, for pointing out that this discussion is already all over the forums,
Click Globe for my home(s).

Buy / Sell / Trade / Wishes are at: Christine's Corner
Always wishes: XO2018 Black Area Rugs, Dining Chairs/Stools, Brown Hairs (I return anything I already have.) Wild West Wall Stars

Chris (4327680)
YoWorld Level: 322
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 30, 2008

Forum Posts: 4483
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby Willow (13350872) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:26 am

Willow (13350872) wrote:

Thats so funny Willow...

I totally get why some ppl like to scroll thru... I have someone across the dinner table from me that feels its his duty to answer every 'like'.. or post/comment on his page. :haha: :phew: Thats ok, to each their own source of enjoyment. :thumbsup:
AND when I do check, then there are the times my heart breaks and im sitting here crying away over a sad post.. or one from a rescue site. :heart: So I decide to pass and just go, Desktop --> Y icon --> to my Yohome.
btw,' Allrecipes.com' is a great place for any recipe you may look for. :thumbsup: I use it all the time... :D

:haha: :haha: I'm guilty of liking every animal post :angel: I don't usually comment but feel the need to give it a heart or a hug :haha: :haha: and I get what you're saying about the sad post I cry too and Viv will say, mom why do you even look at those? or if I watch a sad clip and I cry easily over anything sad I can't hold my emotions and she'll ask me why do you do that? :haha: :haha: I guess maybe I should get away from FB after all :haha: :haha: jk but yeah it's kind of addicting for me to just scroll and check things out when I'm bored that is :silly: Oh and thanks for the recipe site I'll be checking that out :hug:
Yes, we all nose ;)

Willow (13350872)

Postby CelticMyst (119751720) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:57 pm

Willow (13350872) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:

Thats so funny Willow...

:haha: :haha: I'm guilty of liking every animal post :angel: I don't usually comment but feel the need to give it a heart or a hug :haha: :haha: and I get what you're saying about the sad post I cry too and Viv will say, mom why do you even look at those? or if I watch a sad clip and I cry easily over anything sad I can't hold my emotions and she'll ask me why do you do that? :haha: :haha: I guess maybe I should get away from FB after all :haha: :haha: jk but yeah it's kind of addicting for me to just scroll and check things out when I'm bored that is :silly: Oh and thanks for the recipe site I'll be checking that out :hug:

Your very welcome Willow, and good luck with the recipe site. As far as the kids wondering why we are crying?? We are 'sensitives'... and thats all there is too it. Big hearts... hold lots of love! doesnt matter what for, but do pay the price for that sometimes. :'(
Stay well.... stay safe! and hope you have a great weekend! :hug:

CelticMyst (119751720)

Postby Taurus (185839344) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:00 pm

If BVG makes its own platform to part ways with facebook... prices will obviously go WAY up... crap costs money.
even this conversion away from flash is very likely to cause an increase in item prices at store over time.

Taurus (185839344)
YoWorld Level: 244
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2014

Forum Posts: 10500
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Next

Return to YoWorld Discussions