The Desktop APP Flash Will Be Removed From 12th Question

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: The Desktop APP Flash Will Be Removed From 12th Question

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:52 pm

Willow (13350872) wrote:
Stardust (186190305) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:
Stardust (186190305) wrote:
Lethal (126579776) wrote:My guess would be nothing. The app doesn't run Flash. The app streams packets from BVG servers, which run Flash. BVG had to pay to get a commercial license to run Flash on their servers. My guess is they will lease Flash until they get HTML5 up and running?


It runs Flash, Rod. I know that because I checked the contents of the desktop app's Flash Helper. The Flash Helper has Chrome and Pepper Flash Player in it, which is a Flash Player by Google made for Google Chrome. BVG is smart to implement such a work-around :thumbsup:


Huh? :haha: :haha: you and Rod talk all this high tec stuff and I'm like...say what???????????? :haha: :silly: :hug:


:shocked: :haha: :hug:

It crossed my mind to upload a screenshot, but I'm afraid it would be against the TOS :silly:


Yeah, I wouldn't know if it's against TOS or not but I wouldn't take the chance :silly: I'll just carry on with my bad self and not know anything like usual :haha: :haha: things go right over my head lol or I could pretend like I know what you guys are talking about :haha: :haha: that might just work :smug:


If you talk about trading, buying & selling, I also pretend like I know what you are talking about :haha: :hug: :haha:
Image

Image
No Covid-19 vaccination if pregnant, lactating, gets pregnant in 3 months ahead, has severe allergy, under 18. Under 18 with disease, immunocompromised ones, consult own physician.
User avatar

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 413
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015
 
Forum Posts: 18124
Forum Title: YoAddict
Location: Tokyo

Re: The Desktop APP Flash Will Be Removed From 12th Question

Postby DianaBanana (111036364) » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:34 pm

Lethal (126579776) wrote:My guess would be nothing. The app doesn't run Flash. The app streams packets from BVG servers, which run Flash. BVG had to pay to get a commercial license to run Flash on their servers. My guess is they will lease Flash until they get HTML5 up and running?



yeah thanks for some info for the computer stupid. not sure what a packet is so i'll google it later when i have more time.
Image
Image have patience, love your own folks abundantly, have too much fun and ignore the malcontents who try to bring drama into your life.
User avatar

DianaBanana (111036364)
YoWorld Level: 391
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 31, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 13460
Forum Title: YoWild

Re: The Desktop APP Flash Will Be Removed From 12th Question

Postby Willow (13350872) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:49 am

Stardust (186190305) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:
Stardust (186190305) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:
Stardust (186190305) wrote:
Lethal (126579776) wrote:My guess would be nothing. The app doesn't run Flash. The app streams packets from BVG servers, which run Flash. BVG had to pay to get a commercial license to run Flash on their servers. My guess is they will lease Flash until they get HTML5 up and running?


It runs Flash, Rod. I know that because I checked the contents of the desktop app's Flash Helper. The Flash Helper has Chrome and Pepper Flash Player in it, which is a Flash Player by Google made for Google Chrome. BVG is smart to implement such a work-around :thumbsup:


Huh? :haha: :haha: you and Rod talk all this high tec stuff and I'm like...say what???????????? :haha: :silly: :hug:


:shocked: :haha: :hug:

It crossed my mind to upload a screenshot, but I'm afraid it would be against the TOS :silly:


Yeah, I wouldn't know if it's against TOS or not but I wouldn't take the chance :silly: I'll just carry on with my bad self and not know anything like usual :haha: :haha: things go right over my head lol or I could pretend like I know what you guys are talking about :haha: :haha: that might just work :smug:


If you talk about trading, buying & selling, I also pretend like I know what you are talking about :haha: :hug: :haha:


:haha: :haha: :hug:
I do unto others as they do unto me ;)
User avatar
Willow (13350872)
YoWorld Level: 270
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 19318
Forum Title: YoAddict
Location: Living the dream

Re: The Desktop APP Flash Will Be Removed From 12th Question

Postby Chris (4327680) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:29 am

It could be both. Flash (and many things) can be server-client, standalone, or streamed... Star is talking about standalone (or portable) and Rod is talking about streaming packets.

You also have to look at specific code to see which pieces are using Flash. Just because a site uses Flash, it isn’t necessarily all Flash. It could be AIR, Visual Studio, etc., one of the other platforms that play audio and video. That’s sloppy code and far from ideal, but it’s how some people bridged from Flash to something new without an all out conversion.
Click Globe for my home(s).

Buy / Sell / Trade / Wishes are at: Christine's Corner Top Wishes: Wish List
Always wishes: Wild West Wall Stars, XO2018 Black Area Rugs, Dining Chairs/Stools, Brown Hairs (I return any hairs I already have.)
User avatar

Chris (4327680)
YoWorld Level: 324
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 30, 2008
 
Forum Posts: 4511
Forum Title: YoGroupie
Location: Northeastern US

Re: The Desktop APP Flash Will Be Removed From 12th Question

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:47 am

Chris (4327680) wrote:It could be both. Flash (and many things) can be server-client, standalone, or streamed... Star is talking about standalone (or portable) and Rod is talking about streaming packets.



I was just talking about the YW desktop app containing Flash or not. Of course the app will still send and receive packets of data via the internet, that is how our device talks with YoWorld and the world wide web.
Image

Image
No Covid-19 vaccination if pregnant, lactating, gets pregnant in 3 months ahead, has severe allergy, under 18. Under 18 with disease, immunocompromised ones, consult own physician.
User avatar

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 413
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015
 
Forum Posts: 18124
Forum Title: YoAddict
Location: Tokyo

Previous

Return to YoWorld Discussions