Too many properties!

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Too many properties!

Postby Vanessa (185747144) » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:58 am

For a while now I've been thinking about sending items back to inventory then deleting certain properties, not because there's anything wrong with the property but because I feel overwhelmed with how many properties I have. I used to have my houses and avenues attached to each other the way I wanted them, then one day I got on my game to see that half of them were out of order... I just haven't wanted to deal with putting them back the way I had them because now there's too many. And, what if it happens again that I come to Yo to see that they are once again out of order? Have you ever deleted avenues and houses because you're overwhelmed by how many you have?
It would be nice if we could still sell houses back to the realtor. :thumbsup:
Put the key under the mat when leaving and stop by anytime. :rose: :)
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/index.php?d=APLiving-185747144
Vanessa (185747144)
YoWorld Level: 251
YoWorld Start Date: May 20, 2014

Forum Posts: 398
Forum Title: YoRegular

Re: Too many properties!

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:06 am

Vanessa (185747144) wrote:For a while now I've been thinking about sending items back to inventory then deleting certain properties, not because there's anything wrong with the property but because I feel overwhelmed with how many properties I have. I used to have my houses and avenues attached to each other the way I wanted them, then one day I got on my game to see that half of them were out of order... I just haven't wanted to deal with putting them back the way I had them because now there's too many. And, what if it happens again that I come to Yo to see that they are once again out of order? Have you ever deleted avenues and houses because you're overwhelmed by how many you have?

No. I don't know why it's overwhelming. You can visit any of your properties at any time. They are virtual.
I would like to be able to delete all the GE contest rooms tho, or have them in a completely separate area.
*You don't fool me.* Silence is golden; duct tape is silver.
“You become like the five people you spend the most time with. Choose carefully.” Jim Rohn

JulieHootieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 351
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 18527
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby Vanessa (185747144) » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:17 am

JulieHootieScraps (108384802) wrote:
No. I don't know why it's overwhelming. You can visit any of your properties at any time. They are virtual.
I would like to be able to delete all the GE contest rooms tho, or have them in a completely separate area.

I'm somewhat of a minimalist, the unorganized mess bothers me. I have nearly 80 regular properties plus whatever of the GE that I have not already deleted. I like having my properties attached to be able to move from one to the next (teleports) and I can still do that, but cannot see them all in order under the house icon. I don't like using the map because I can't see everything at once and know what each is because it's too small.
:?:
Vanessa (185747144)

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:22 am

Vanessa (185747144) wrote:For a while now I've been thinking about sending items back to inventory then deleting certain properties, not because there's anything wrong with the property but because I feel overwhelmed with how many properties I have. I used to have my houses and avenues attached to each other the way I wanted them, then one day I got on my game to see that half of them were out of order... I just haven't wanted to deal with putting them back the way I had them because now there's too many. And, what if it happens again that I come to Yo to see that they are once again out of order? Have you ever deleted avenues and houses because you're overwhelmed by how many you have?

i thought you could delete GE rooms? :shocked: :?:
“You become like the five people you spend the most time with. Choose carefully.” Jim Rohn

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 340
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 20554
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby DianaBanana (111036364) » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:41 am

yes, i have done exactly what you've done. 199 houses were just too many. to my way of thinking so i deleted a ton of them and sold a lot of their contest off in ah for a good and great profit. i now have 16 houses and it feels quite good to me. so you're not alone in what you did, it's completely normal to my way of thinking. maybe it's weird to others but not to me. so i guess we can start the weird house deleting frenzy club. LOL
Image have patience, love your own folks abundantly, have too much fun and ignore the malcontents who try to bring drama into your life.

DianaBanana (111036364)
YoWorld Level: 391
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 31, 2009

Forum Posts: 13462
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby DianaBanana (111036364) » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:42 am

Vanessa (185747144) wrote:

I'm somewhat of a minimalist, the unorganized mess bothers me. I have nearly 80 regular properties plus whatever of the GE that I have not already deleted. I like having my properties attached to be able to move from one to the next (teleports) and I can still do that, but cannot see them all in order under the house icon. I don't like using the map because I can't see everything at once and know what each is because it's too small.
:?:

exactly. right on sister!
Image have patience, love your own folks abundantly, have too much fun and ignore the malcontents who try to bring drama into your life.

DianaBanana (111036364)

Postby DianaBanana (111036364) » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:43 am

Theresa (122233016) wrote:

i thought you could delete GE rooms? :shocked: :?:

yes, you can delete them. i delete mine as soon as the ge event is over. no clutter in my homrs. lol

DianaBanana (111036364)

Postby Kio (185180932) » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:39 pm

I deleted all of my houses several times because the starter apartment is still my #1 favorite house on this game and for me nothing compares to it. I buy houses to deco for fun in the past fully knowing I'd delete them right after. I prefer not to own homes. And I don't save my projects for long once I get over them. Bye-bye.
:D
Kio (185180932)
YoWorld Level: 266
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 21, 2013

Forum Posts: 13752

Postby Goddess Zane (2435988) » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:17 pm

I don't know if it's because I'm a hoarder but I never delete properties. And, I buy nearly every new release. Sometimes, both the coin and yc versions because my granddaughters like to decorate, too. I give them the coin homes, usually.

Goddess Zane (2435988)
YoWorld Level: 368
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 04, 2008

Forum Posts: 1061
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby Driller (126579776) » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:20 pm

Every time I add/delete a new house, the order of my houses gets shuffled around where I keep the gem event avenues. I need to just delete those things. They are more trouble than they are worth.

Be strong but not rude.
Be kind but not weak.
Be humble but not timid.
Be proud but not arrogant.
Driller (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 362
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 43155
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby sNaPCaCkLeNPooP (12927062) » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:40 pm

I think its been suggested a few times but I would love it if we could have folders to group our homes in. I have been working on storages because my inventory was driving me nuts and thought maybe it will help with the lag but its a headache trying to arrange or group homes together and keep them that way. Not to mention just trying to scroll through your homes when you have so many. :dizzy:

sNaPCaCkLeNPooP (12927062)
YoWorld Level: 332
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 11054
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby BykaChic (134177197) » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:08 pm

Yep. I have been in the process of eliminating homes. Tons were hoard homes. I delete them and when all the stuff falls back into my inventory, I put it where it belongs. So far 20 homes deleted since Christmas and more to go!
"And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. And I wont forget the men who died, who gave that right to me......"

BykaChic (134177197)
YoWorld Level: 358
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 10, 2009

Forum Posts: 10304
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Ice Princess (113586408) » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:16 pm

Only 80?! I think you are doing great! ;)

Ice Princess (113586408)
YoWorld Level: 354
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 336

Postby Starrei (185735150) » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:50 pm

I have 420 homes, and 99 avenues. Most of the homes and avenues are storage. Yes, I am a hoarder, which is why I have been gifting so much. I am tired of the clutter and not really enjoying my homes due to so many coming out, neck to neck. My goal is to delete one home at a time and gift it;s contents or sell items. I fave Christmas and have over 100 Christmas homes. :haha: I want to bring my total number of homes down to 100. LOL yeah, that would be a great start, but to do the gifting and deleting takes time, and trying to organize them to endure the ones I want to keep, be reserved seems impossible. I get extremely overwhelmed just thinking of my task I have just as much overwhelming inventory with clothing etc. I wish there was a better way to see our properties and its contents, but since it is what it is, and my fault for 11 years of hoarding, I figure I will be 80ish yrs. old before I get through them, and that's if I don't buy and hoard more along the way. I am opened to suggestions. I started over years ago because I had so many homes, and here, I did the same thing. Woah is me and my hoarding. My new years resolution is to simplify and enjoy more, and hoard none, ok stop laughing. I don't believe I can do it either. But there it is. LOL
Be kind.

Starrei (185735150)
YoWorld Level: 387
YoWorld Start Date: May 10, 2014

Forum Posts: 432

Postby Vivica (13404458) » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:51 pm

I'd love to sell properties tbh. I have too many, too, and I've deleted some in the past.
Vivica (13404458)
YoWorld Level: 238
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 8966
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Kat (106520804) » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:51 pm

Yes I wish we had a way to organize them the way we want and for it to stay and not go back once we refresh. I deleted every last GE room because for me they are worthless and just take up space and make things even more disorganized.

Kat (106520804)
YoWorld Level: 386
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 15, 2016

Forum Posts: 1844
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby Bookworm J (129336295) » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:15 pm

There is an option to sort them alphabetically, which helps - I name my homes based on type and the alpha sort puts the empty ones at the bottom, etc
Bookworm J (129336295)
YoWorld Level: 373
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 17, 2009

Forum Posts: 3263
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Lizzi (5815351) » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:27 pm

I've been on and off a couple off times since 2008, so I don't have more than maybe 50-60 houses - maybe.. But I feel I have kept waaaaaaay too many things, and now I spend too much time trying to organice stuff, and at the same time I try to keep the oldest and rarest things. BUT - All this job keeps me away from decorating new fantasy cool rooms (witch is my favourite doing here) and I have to ask: Can't there be a way to sell a house with all its inventory? I am sure others have asked the same question upon the years but I guess it's impossible... why? That would have been SOOOO fun! Putting a house for sale with tons of stuff in it and buyers going nuts :D :D
Personally I like to donate things to noobies, but that is also time consuming and sometimes I get a bad feeling that they are really not noobies... They maybe are - but after some time they suddenly start begging for this and that... not fun to admit for one self.... - ok -you've been way to kind to a crock...
But to realities: How do you deleate a house? - and will all the inventory from that house be transferred into YOUR inventory? Won't that cause a terrible lag? Should one transfer the inventory to another house at first? At least the things one will keep? If there is a forum answer to this I should be reading instead of asking here, please send me a link or tell me. You seems to be experienced users so I just landed in this tread :angel:

Lizzi (5815351)
YoWorld Level: 253
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 01, 2008

Forum Posts: 3
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Postby ChaoticSeas Designs (160142421) » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:53 pm

I have 472 :dizzy: :haha:

Siggie Thread
Don't let yesterday take up too much of today

ChaoticSeas Designs (160142421)
YoWorld Level: 348
YoWorld Start Date: May 22, 2010

Forum Posts: 6695
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Vanessa (185747144) » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:08 pm

ChaoticSeas Designs (160142421) wrote:I have 472 :dizzy: :haha:

I think I feel sorry for you. :haha:
Vanessa (185747144)

Next

Return to YoWorld Discussions