[FEEDBACK] Christmas Vaulting (Jan 5, 2021)

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [FEEDBACK] Christmas Vaulting (Jan 5, 2021)

Postby Brady (187700625) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:05 pm

Viking Andrew wrote:Hey YoFans!

First off, Happy New Year! We look forward to spending even more time with the YoWorld Community in 2021!

We wanted to touch base on the vaulting discussion, and take this opportunity to express our sympathy over the frustrations that come along with it.

We understand how important it is for YoFans to be able to build the best holiday experience possible - which is why we chose to hold off on vaulting any of the Holiday themes until after the New Year, still, we hear your feedback and recognize that not everyone is thrilled with how this recent vaulting was handled.

We plan to continue vaulting older themes as we release new ones and we would love to know what we could do better in the future. Your feedback is important to us, YoFans, and we are open to suggestions about how we can make this experience better for you as we move into a more regular schedule of themes entering and leaving the store!



All of the dogs/cats. The Victorian bedroom fireplaces. The Victorian backyard cardinals - the ones with the bird seed. But I really wish you wouldn't vault these and vault much older themes instead, like the first UK, Italian ... the ones that were there since MySpace.



YoDepot

While we are still vaulting previous years’ Holiday themes, we know that some items are a staple in your day-to-day decorating. We want to know what those items are!

What would you like to see moved to the YoDepot store? Let us know below!
User avatar
Brady (187700625)
YoWorld Level: 290
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 14, 2018
 
Forum Posts: 3
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Re: [FEEDBACK] Christmas Vaulting (Jan 5, 2021)

Postby SouthernSourNSweet (103681266) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:16 pm

So this is all your players get? No time extension for 4 themes :sleeping: This thread is a such a disappointment. You say you hear our feedback yet won't give us an extension for 4 themes.
Image
Remember to load your brain before you shoot your mouth off - Old Farmer's Advice
Boots on wanna see the bottom of em say somethin
User avatar

SouthernSourNSweet (103681266)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: May 27, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 11552
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: Lost in Texas backwoods...

Re: [FEEDBACK] Christmas Vaulting (Jan 5, 2021)

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:33 pm

SouthernSourNSweet (103681266) wrote:So this is all your players get? No time extension for 4 themes :sleeping: This thread is a such a disappointment. You say you hear our feedback yet won't give us an extension for 4 themes.

that ^^^^ :thumbsup: :trophy: :nerd:
Image
Image
“You become like the five people you spend the most time with. Choose carefully.” Jim Rohn
User avatar

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 339
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 20524
Forum Title: YoCrazy
Location: INVISIBLE TOO

Re: [FEEDBACK] Christmas Vaulting (Jan 5, 2021)

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:35 pm

Nightshade (127561160) wrote:Hey Viking Andrew.
I am posting my question again since it didn't catch your eye the first two times. :)

When you (BVG) gave us the 13-day timer on 4 Christmas themes vaulting, did you take into consideration that many of your players are unable to play at all right now because yo does not work on mobile?
If yes, was the decision made because the game was not made to be played on mobile anyway or because too few players are affected by this? or perhaps some other reason?

Could you give us the official position on this?

If it was not taken into consideration earlier, would the decision makers consider postponing the vaulting until the game transitions to HTML5 smoothly so that these players do not miss out on some well-liked themes?

i saw you post this and its worded spot on. im waiting on an answer too.... hopefully! :thumbsup: :trophy:
Image
Image
“You become like the five people you spend the most time with. Choose carefully.” Jim Rohn
User avatar

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 339
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 20524
Forum Title: YoCrazy
Location: INVISIBLE TOO

Re: [FEEDBACK] Christmas Vaulting (Jan 5, 2021)

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:37 pm

Kat (106520804) wrote:All Rod said for sure.

Move all staples to yodepot, things like food, trees, all detail items that are versatile, kitchen stuff and utensils. windows, doors, ice and snow patches, stairs, things we can use repeatedly should go to depot. Since you're getting rid of older themes, that we go to over and over for the detail items you seldom supply to us then they should be moved where we can continue to buy them. As so many have said PLEASE tell us up front at the beginning what will be moved, or just go ahead and move it right away, so that we can then stock up on things that we use over and over. If you did this folks would still buy but bulging inventories would get back under control, we might actually be able to find what we need when we're looking for something to use to decorate with, those that enjoy buy/sell would know what to buy that is going away, Things might not have been so difficult to get us moved over to html5 if we didn't have to hoard massive amounts of stuff so we could still use those things.
Lastly, please extend the timer 2 more weeks. 4 themes at once in just a 2 week period is just not enough time especially right now when you have many streaming to play. Better yet if possible hold off doing this until after we are moved and all problems are rectified with the move before vaulting anything. I spent a long period of time yesterday and still didn't get through all the themes. The whimsical isn't my thing at all so I had 3 to go through.
This doesn't affect me as much as it does many others because I have so much in my inventory from all the years of playing that I could play for years and never have to buy another thing. I'm sure afraid though to move anything I have stored from Zynga days because the last time I redid a room and moved stuff into my inventory for one of the Christmas homes some of my stuff disappeared completely from my inventory.

all that too ^^^^ :thumbsup: :trophy:
Image
Image
“You become like the five people you spend the most time with. Choose carefully.” Jim Rohn
User avatar

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 339
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 20524
Forum Title: YoCrazy
Location: INVISIBLE TOO

Re: [FEEDBACK] Christmas Vaulting (Jan 5, 2021)

Postby XxDarkMarioxX (104376062) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:37 pm

Nightshade (127561160) wrote:Hey Viking Andrew.
I am posting my question again since it didn't catch your eye the first two times. :)

When you (BVG) gave us the 13-day timer on 4 Christmas themes vaulting, did you take into consideration that many of your players are unable to play at all right now because yo does not work on mobile?
If yes, was the decision made because the game was not made to be played on mobile anyway or because too few players are affected by this? or perhaps some other reason?

Could you give us the official position on this?

If it was not taken into consideration earlier, would the decision makers consider postponing the vaulting until the game transitions to HTML5 smoothly so that these players do not miss out on some well-liked themes?


Agreed but they will just say that this game is not made for mobile gaming because mobile phones do not have bulit in flash :)
User avatar

XxDarkMarioxX (104376062)
YoWorld Level: 358
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 03, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 18483
Forum Title: YoAddict

Re: [FEEDBACK] Christmas Vaulting (Jan 5, 2021)

Postby Serenity Now (6134566) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:45 pm

Theresa (122233016) wrote:
SouthernSourNSweet (103681266) wrote:So this is all your players get? No time extension for 4 themes :sleeping: This thread is a such a disappointment. You say you hear our feedback yet won't give us an extension for 4 themes.

that ^^^^ :thumbsup: :trophy: :nerd:

We definitely need more time for 4 themes.

And doing this while many of us are still uncertain about what will happen with the transition to HTML5 is really poor timing, and feels inconsiderate.
"That's what." -- She

A work in progress...
Horrendous House
User avatar

Serenity Now (6134566)
YoWorld Level: 308
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 10, 2008
 
Forum Posts: 3430
Forum Title: YoAficionado
Location: Straight outta cookies

Re: [FEEDBACK] Christmas Vaulting (Jan 5, 2021)

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:50 pm

Serenity Now (6134566) wrote:
Theresa (122233016) wrote:
SouthernSourNSweet (103681266) wrote:So this is all your players get? No time extension for 4 themes :sleeping: This thread is a such a disappointment. You say you hear our feedback yet won't give us an extension for 4 themes.

that ^^^^ :thumbsup: :trophy: :nerd:

We definitely need more time for 4 themes.

And doing this while many of us are still uncertain about what will happen with the transition to HTML5 is really poor timing, and feels inconsiderate.

totally agree hun. we usually get a month for 1 or 2 themes... this is inconsiderate and ridiculous. and yeah poor timing. i don't see the hurry... it wouldn't kill them to hold off until we have switched or extend the timer. they extend they will make more sales!
Image
Image
“You become like the five people you spend the most time with. Choose carefully.” Jim Rohn
User avatar

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 339
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 20524
Forum Title: YoCrazy
Location: INVISIBLE TOO

Re: [FEEDBACK] Christmas Vaulting (Jan 5, 2021)

Postby Willow (13350872) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:53 pm

x JP x (152264913) wrote:I agree with Mizz Libra.. I’m fine with some items staying and being moved to the depot, but this needs to be apparent from the beginning. I have already dropped quite a bit of yocash on these items, and will be frustrated to find that some are staying. I did because every item has an expiring counter on it.

Secondly, I also agree with those who question the vaulting strategy. Why don’t you just expire things like we used to. Many of us got burned with the second unvaulting of fairytale within less than three months. If things like that keep happening, it will not be worth it to hoarders/investors like me and I assure you that I will no longer be participating in the capacity that I normally do. Speaking as a player who spends thousands of yocash on holiday expirations.


:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Yes, we all nose ;)
User avatar

Willow (13350872)
YoWorld Level: 270
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 19291
Forum Title: YoAddict
Location: Living the dream

Re: [FEEDBACK] Christmas Vaulting (Jan 5, 2021)

Postby Eve (138968712) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:59 pm

I have friends who can't play right now because they have Chromebook and can't download the YoDesktop app. Not really fair.

All non-Christmas outdoor items like snow, the curb packed snow, icicles, winter trees, etc. This includes the animals - yes, even the cats with the Christmas hats since you're really stingy about cats - I believe these 4 themes have 7 dogs and 2 cats, totally unfair btw ... oh wait, I forgot about the kittens in the presents ... so 4 cats, still unbalanced. I'm still decorating winter stuff on my own, as are others ... so the sittable snow forts and slides.

Non-Christmas items like the Victorian Bedroom fireplaces.

I like to include rooms and things for my grandkids, so the toy bins in the kids room in the Merry Manor (I think) and the Victorian dollhouse. I hated losing the Toy Tower 2017 because of the board games and other toys.

I use the basement sectionals in all sorts of homes, I like the colors, they don't scream Christmas. (I don't remember which house they're in).

But mostly, as somebody said, why don't you leave these newer themes alone and start vaulting those old ones from MySpace like the first UK, the Italian theme (although I love those white bathroom sinks), Camp YoVille, etc.

Thank you ... I do love YoWorld ...
User avatar

Eve (138968712)
YoWorld Level: 362
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 06, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 41
Forum Title: YoNovice

Re: [FEEDBACK] Christmas Vaulting (Jan 5, 2021)

Postby Denna (10205906) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:10 pm

Ty vm and Happy New Year to you as well. :)

4 Christmas themes is a bad move. There are plenty other themes which could go in vault and not 4 of Christmas ones at once.
"What doesn't kill me,can only make me stronger...."
Remember, whoever is trying to bring you down, is already below you. :heart:
Image
User avatar
Denna (10205906)
YoWorld Level: 318
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 25, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 15673
Forum Title: YoFiend
Location: The land of Whatever

Re: [FEEDBACK] Christmas Vaulting (Jan 5, 2021)

Postby Chris (4327680) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:14 pm

Viking Andrew wrote:While we are still vaulting previous years’ Holiday themes, we know that some items are a staple in your day-to-day decorating. We want to know what those items are!


RUGS
Brik-a-brak
Generic artwork
Cooking utensils, bowls, measuring cups, etc.

Just as much as trees, shrubs, snow, etc. is important to outside decorators, these things are important to inside decorators. I know you leave wall tiles and floor tiles from houses, but that's different from rugs that can be placed on those floors just like snowdrifts are placed on snow floor tiles.

Please stop ignoring inside decorators every time people list what they want vaulted.

(If you bring back the black area rug from XO2018, I'll never mention the theme again.) I still think basic, solid colors should always be in the depot.
Click Globe for my home(s).

Buy / Sell / Trade / Wishes are at: Christine's Corner
Always wishes: XO2018 Black Area Rugs, Dining Chairs/Stools, Brown Hairs (I return anything I already have.) Wild West Wall Stars
User avatar

Chris (4327680)
YoWorld Level: 322
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 30, 2008
 
Forum Posts: 4483
Forum Title: YoGroupie
Location: Northeastern US

Re: [FEEDBACK] Christmas Vaulting (Jan 5, 2021)

Postby Chris (4327680) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:16 pm

Eve (138968712) wrote:board games and other toys

I am always trying to get more of the board games. There's nothing else like them in-game. Placeable board games, jigsaw puzzles, card games, etc... not baked in like in the bohemian theme.

x JP x (152264913) wrote:the second unvaulting of fairytale within less than three months

I'll never understand why this was even kept in the second poll.
Click Globe for my home(s).

Buy / Sell / Trade / Wishes are at: Christine's Corner
Always wishes: XO2018 Black Area Rugs, Dining Chairs/Stools, Brown Hairs (I return anything I already have.) Wild West Wall Stars
User avatar

Chris (4327680)
YoWorld Level: 322
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 30, 2008
 
Forum Posts: 4483
Forum Title: YoGroupie
Location: Northeastern US

Re: [FEEDBACK] Christmas Vaulting (Jan 5, 2021)

Postby Loie (9730540) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:02 pm

Already, with just beginning to try to hoard a few items from these themes, my inventory is becoming more sluggish, it takes so long to open up when editing a room. I am so tired of having to store things that end up in the depot! PLEASE get these items into the depot in the first days of vaulting! There is no logic in waiting unless you really mean to screw us over. I hope you don't. I'm tired of hoarding but won't be paying jacked up prices later, I'd rather do without all together (sorry sellers), and don't think I'll be trying too hard this time. Essentially when good items are not in store or in my inventory, I skip the decorating. I'm a lucky one though, I can still do most things because the desktop app is working for me, but it is so slow I'm afraid my inventory is going to start causing problems.
User avatar

Loie (9730540)
YoWorld Level: 379
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 19, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 4594
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Re: [FEEDBACK] Christmas Vaulting (Jan 5, 2021)

Postby LindyLou Who (126352247) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:25 pm

I'll second this :thumbsup: :hug:


Mizz Libra (136290570) wrote:So, understanding this correctly, those 4 themes (Family Christmas, Victorian Christmas, Home for the holidays and Whimsical Yuletown are still entering the vault in 12 days from now?
As for feedback: 14 days is too little time for 4 themes at once. 2 themes in 14 days would be more reasonable.
At this exact point with many players either unable to log into the game at all or experiencing more lag than usually I wish the vaulting could be postponed until the game runs properly with HTML5.
Furthermore I would like the items that will be moved into the Yodepot to be announced very early on, so that I can skip them in my stocking up process. Many players have large inventories, me included, and don't want to wait until last moment to start shopping, not knowing which items can be skipped because they will still be available in the Yodepot.
Image
User avatar

LindyLou Who (126352247)
YoWorld Level: 376
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 03, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 6277
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Re: [FEEDBACK] Christmas Vaulting (Jan 5, 2021)

Postby LindyLou Who (126352247) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:29 pm

Any bush's, tree's ,path's and walkways ,steps, food and place settings .especially the holly bush's :thumbsup:
Image
User avatar

LindyLou Who (126352247)
YoWorld Level: 376
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 03, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 6277
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Re: [FEEDBACK] Christmas Vaulting (Jan 5, 2021)

Postby Eve (138968712) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:48 pm

Somebody in my group pointed this out and they're right. Not everybody comes to the forums, I wouldn't have if I hadn't been told about this by another member of my group. You really should announce this as a pop-up in the game so that others can participate. Just a thought.
User avatar

Eve (138968712)
YoWorld Level: 362
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 06, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 41
Forum Title: YoNovice

Re: [FEEDBACK] Christmas Vaulting (Jan 5, 2021)

Postby sNaPCaCkLeNPooP (12927062) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:08 pm

I have no problem with themes leaving especially holidays so long as you give us nice themes in return for the store and you try to keep as much of the staple items as possible for decorators. The staple items should go to depot everytime a theme is released to avoid all the chaos when you do vault themes. It is easy to determine what constitutes as staple. The waiting to move items at the last minute is the reason I stopped buying up the themes being vaulted. Now with that being said my issues with these 4 themes leaving is the timing. You chose 4 themes and only gave 2 weeks right after christmas and with the game not functioning right for many people some of which can not even get in to the game. People should have more time and you should of waited to do the vaulting when the game is functioning better for everyone and not such a lag fest.
Image
User avatar

sNaPCaCkLeNPooP (12927062)
YoWorld Level: 332
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 03, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 11038
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: Never-never land

Re: [FEEDBACK] Christmas Vaulting (Jan 5, 2021)

Postby LindyLou Who (126352247) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:23 pm

Not all staples but a girl can dream can't she :)

Image
Last edited by LindyLou Who (126352247) on Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar

LindyLou Who (126352247)
YoWorld Level: 376
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 03, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 6277
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Re: [FEEDBACK] Christmas Vaulting (Jan 5, 2021)

Postby LindyLou Who (126352247) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:30 am

Image
Image
User avatar

LindyLou Who (126352247)
YoWorld Level: 376
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 03, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 6277
Forum Title: YoDedicated

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions