Design Copying Compliment or Unimaginative and Tacky?

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Design Copying Compliment or Unimaginative and Tacky?

Postby Mz Thang (138469056) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:30 am

I have a buddy who constantly copies peoples Room Design ideas....And I don't mean takes ideas from designs (We ALL do that!)...I mean - IDENTICAL DESIGN COPYING Ugh!.....

I LOVE trying to be Creative and finding new ways to layer and dress what is essentially (let's face it) the same room - over and over again as they release 'new' houses....Sometimes it takes me ages/days/weeks to see something new to create sometimes I do the whole house in a day!..But I try to be fresh and express a new room for me to enjoy!....Which is another reason I don't understand copying - None of it is your ideas - where's the creativity and fun?

Personally I think it's Sad, Cheap and not to mention the obvious = Unimaginative!....And after seeing the last one - I decided to put my neighbour on blast and Called her out!.....Before I took the pics (below) she also had the EXACT SAME FURNITURE (fireplace etc) in the SAME PLACE TOO!....FREAKY when you you're on a Coin Run and you end up in your room - Or so it seems!

She reckons she couldn't remember seeing my room design (Really?!?) and has now changed the room by changing the furniture placement...

SOooo.....Is this a Compliment? = She liked it so much she REPLICATED IT (Like the Borg in Star Trek lol)
or just Tacky? = She is accepting compliments from Buddies for something she COMPLETELY Copied
or maybe it's even a Tacky Unimaginative Compliment?

This is my the Room I created

This is her Copy = Now with furniture change cos I spoke to her!!

Mz Thang (138469056)
YoWorld Level: 325
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 74
Forum Title: YoNovice

Re: Design Copying Compliment or Unimaginative and Tacky?

Postby Sam Holmes (139381965) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:55 am

The Borg do not replicate... they assimilate and add to their collective. Resistance is futile.

Sam Holmes (139381965)
YoWorld Level: 365
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 25323
Forum Title: YoManiac

Postby StephMarie (129969826) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:10 am

Well, if I were just going by these 2 pictures alone I would say it's a compliment.. because it definitely looks like she was inspired by your room, but not an exact copy. However, you said this is after she changed some things around, so I don't know.

If you've let her know how it makes you feel, and she continues to do it.. I'd just remove her if it's something that bothers you.

The room you created is very beautiful btw. Off to copy it now. :haha: (kidding of course)

StephMarie (129969826)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 19, 2009

Forum Posts: 4215
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby Mz Thang (138469056) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:26 am

StephMarie (129969826) wrote:Well, if I were just going by these 2 pictures alone I would say it's a compliment.. because it definitely looks like she was inspired by your room, but not an exact copy. However, you said this is after she changed some things around, so I don't know.

If you've let her know how it makes you feel, and she continues to do it.. I'd just remove her if it's something that bothers you.

The room you created is very beautiful btw. Off to copy it now. :haha: (kidding of course)

Well Yes, she has now changed the Furniture BUT C;Mon now - it still remains a PILLAR FOR PILLAR, GLASS FOR GLASS INCLUDING STEPS = COPY!...I can rarely do such an exact replica of my own dang work! and have NEVER chanced upon a room that looks like mine in all the 10yrs I've been in Yo
In all honesty is bothered me more when the Furniture was the same - THAT - was the underbelly of Unimaginative Tacky to me :haha:

Mz Thang (138469056)

Postby Mz Thang (138469056) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:37 am

StephMarie (129969826) wrote:

Thank you very much for the compliment! :thumbsup: :angel:
And your welcome to it - this room now feels like an old Tart that fell off the band wagon and has been out painting the Town Red again, all Lipstick n No Knickers =! In other words = Everybody's! :D

Mz Thang (138469056)

Postby Alicen Chains (155870363) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:45 am

I think it can be both.
I had someone ask to do a redo of a custom I made and she did a fabulous job making it her own.It turned out so cute and she thanked me for the inspiration.
On the other hand though I had a buddy I picked up on one of these GE challenges who I was visiting on a coin run and I kept saying WTH is wrong with this game because it kept taking me home when I clicked her. Well it wasn't home. It was an entire avenue based 6 room custom home that she was copying down to the last detail. I left a message saying wow, she erased it. I told my friend check this out and she came back and commented in my box yeah creepy which started a whole war with this buddy's friend about how I should make it private if I didnt want it copied, blah blah blah. So...I blocked both of them. :haha: Went on about my business. Then I got a message on messenger in FB from one of my friends saying I met this girl that has the same house as you and she said you blocked her in game so she just watched your thread in Creative Corners to finish it out. :shocked: PEOPLE ARE WEIRD. I closed my entire thread, not because of the copying per se, but because I dont enjoy being stalked. Come to find our she does this to a LOT of people, not just me. It becomes a problem if you ever decide to enter a deco contest and so does she...with your design.
WTB: Raining Industrial Windows EMC2019

Alicen Chains (155870363)
YoWorld Level: 317
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 06, 2010

Forum Posts: 12736
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby IceAgeComing (154702431) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:10 am

It's a compliment.
IceAgeComing (154702431)
YoWorld Level: 265
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 27, 2010

Forum Posts: 263
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby Koats (185046372) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:24 am

I've had people message me about recreating a room I've done either on here or from just visiting my place in game. I post my rooms on here hoping it'll give someone an idea or at least give them the incentive to decorate. I'm not the best decorator but I enjoy trying and I have learned a lot from amazing decorators. If someone recreates a room I made I take it as a huge compliment. :hug:
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. – Albert Einstein

#BlackLivesMatter

Koats (185046372)
YoWorld Level: 357
YoWorld Start Date: May 18, 2013

Forum Posts: 7029
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: ' Keep your head when all about you are losing theirs'

Postby TUSCANY (184148760) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:55 am

Alicen Chains (155870363) wrote:I think it can be both.
I had someone ask to do a redo of a custom I made and she did a fabulous job making it her own.It turned out so cute and she thanked me for the inspiration.
On the other hand though I had a buddy I picked up on one of these GE challenges who I was visiting on a coin run and I kept saying WTH is wrong with this game because it kept taking me home when I clicked her. Well it wasn't home. It was an entire avenue based 6 room custom home that she was copying down to the last detail. I left a message saying wow, she erased it. I told my friend check this out and she came back and commented in my box yeah creepy which started a whole war with this buddy's friend about how I should make it private if I didnt want it copied, blah blah blah. So...I blocked both of them. :haha: Went on about my business. Then I got a message on messenger in FB from one of my friends saying I met this girl that has the same house as you and she said you blocked her in game so she just watched your thread in Creative Corners to finish it out. :shocked: PEOPLE ARE WEIRD. I closed my entire thread, not because of the copying per se, but because I dont enjoy being stalked. Come to find our she does this to a LOT of people, not just me. It becomes a problem if you ever decide to enter a deco contest and so does she...with your design.

Please tell me that's not why you stopped posting in CC I miss seeing your beautiful homes there :sad:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TUSCANY (184148760)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 27, 2012

Forum Posts: 4364
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby Mz Thang (138469056) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:27 am

Alicen Chains (155870363) wrote:I think it can be both.

I am SOoo sorry all that happened to you!
They must have been Young to decide the 'Cyber Bullying' of you - was the way to erase their feeling of being 'BUSTED n OUTED!'

My Girl has flip flopped between = "Oh did I? - is it like yours I dunno?"
And when I called her out for being unimaginative she changed to 'Your's is so much nicer consider it a compliment.....Sry - I'll make some changes"....

But like you ORIGINALLY before she swapped stuff out = I landed in the room it was like hitting a Glitch in the Matrix which meant I was back in my own home! Whoa! FREAKY!!
Now it looks as I imagined she would decorate - left to her own imagination....A Bath Tub behind a Sofa in the Living Room with a Washing Machine standing in the centre of the room....Nothing wrong with that at all cos it's ALL HER.

Don't get me Wrong!I KNOW I AM NOT doing anything Special over here or on my way to creating Yo'Casso's - I've seen enough Fabulous Designs to know THAT!
I LOVE the process of creating a design and I LOVE the thought that I may inspire ANYONE at all to do something other than buy a New House and place all the latest furniture in the room as is!
BE INSPIRED!!!
We are all here to have Fun in all our various ways... and if me having Fun = makes you enjoy the game even More!...Happy Days all around Then!

But the COPY n PASTE thing!...Miss me with that one!...It's Tacky annnnd Creepy!....AND UNIMAGINATIVE....To Me!
P.S She deleted ALL MY MESSAGES about the Copying! :haha:
Last edited by Mz Thang (138469056) on Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mz Thang (138469056)

Postby Infinity (126579776) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:29 am

Obviously it bothers you, no matter how anyone else sees it. Ask her to cease and desist, or delete her like the wind. Either one of those is acceptable. You could also make any house you didn't want copied "hidden" so that buddies can't get into them.

Part of sharing our art in here, means that sometimes people will "borrow" our ideas. An exact item for item copy is a part of that. I also think that given the layouts some rooms come with, that very similar creations can and do occur. I personally don't see it as a problem, but I am definitely not "everyone". Projects are "children" to some people's hearts. And as we all know, don't mess with a mother's children.

:thumbsup:

You'll shoot your eye out
Merry Christmas you filthy animal
Hallelujah. Holy sh*t. Where's the Tylenol?
Help me! I'm feeling!

Infinity (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 348
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 42375
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Isla (2518852) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:35 am

I do think I might be a little annoyed, but at the end of the day if it inspired someone to grow and try new things then that's okay. No one's going to steal one of my room designs- they're okay but not that good. :haha:

Unknowingly dressing similar to others is probably easily done if you're color coordinating certain hairs. I think it's also a lot easier to have very similar designs in the gem events because it's set up with the same basic requirements, and there are often limited larger items you can buy to help max the boost. But, a general room you're showcasing outside of an event would be hard to replicate this closely as a mistake.

They are both beautiful rooms and it is good that they at least did try to add their own flair to it. I do like yours better, it's by far more thorough and well put together.

Isla (2518852)
YoWorld Level: 272
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 07, 2008

Forum Posts: 1027
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby Mz Thang (138469056) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:48 am

Noobalicious (126579776) wrote:Obviously it bothers you, no matter how anyone else sees it. Ask her to cease and desist, or delete her like the wind. Either one of those is acceptable. You could also make any house you didn't want copied "hidden" so that buddies can't get into them.

Part of sharing our art in here, means that sometimes people will "borrow" our ideas. An exact item for item copy is a part of that. I also think that given the layouts some rooms come with, that very similar creations can and do occur. I personally don't see it as a problem, but I am definitely not "everyone". Projects are "children" to some people's hearts. And as we all know, don't mess with a mother's children.

I deleted her.....As it is NOT the first nor 2nd time she's done this - andI am NOT the only one she has done it to!
And I don't interact with her in the Game - don't even know how I met or added her = Maybe from back in the day when I used attend Auctions or Events?
Also when you make a home Private = that home is ONLY PRIVATE to people who are NOT YOUR BUDDY.
I dunno how to HIDE a Home from people ON my Buddy List and I don't want to!...
I love seeing what my Buddies have designed even the 'Lazy' designers who prefer Hooking Up a Great Outfit -
IT'S FUN

Mz Thang (138469056)

Postby Kio (185180932) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:53 am

It's a yoworld room. Not plagarism for crying out loud lol..
Kio (185180932)
YoWorld Level: 265
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 21, 2013

Forum Posts: 13445
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Toink Toink (117686344) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:00 am

I hope nobody copies my poop pile room :cat:
We are out of rice krispies har har

Toink Toink (117686344)
YoWorld Level: 385
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 8934
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: Near the kitchen cause kitchen got food .. nom nom like pig

Postby Infinity (126579776) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:03 am

Mz Thang (138469056) wrote:
Noobalicious (126579776) wrote:Obviously it bothers you, no matter how anyone else sees it. Ask her to cease and desist, or delete her like the wind. Either one of those is acceptable. You could also make any house you didn't want copied "hidden" so that buddies can't get into them.

I deleted her.....As it is NOT the first nor 2nd time she's done this - andI am NOT the only one she has done it to!
And I don't interact with her in the Game - don't even know how I met or added her = Maybe from back in the day when I used attend Auctions or Events?
Also when you make a home Private = that home is ONLY PRIVATE to people who are NOT YOUR BUDDY.
I dunno how to HIDE a Home from people ON my Buddy List and I don't want to!...
I love seeing what my Buddies have designed even the 'Lazy' designers who prefer Hooking Up a Great Outfit -
IT'S FUN

Okey doke. My buddies can't see my homes I've made private and I'm not special. :)

You'll shoot your eye out
Merry Christmas you filthy animal
Hallelujah. Holy sh*t. Where's the Tylenol?
Help me! I'm feeling!

Infinity (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 348
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 42375
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby YDZ Blodreina (6077295) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:12 am

Just my opinion, but I think there are more important things to worry about. If someone copies one of my room designs, I say rock on with that!

YDZ Blodreina (6077295)
YoWorld Level: 351
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 08, 2008

Forum Posts: 6100
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Adeline PINK (113719515) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:26 am

Life is very short.

Adeline PINK (113719515)
YoWorld Level: 384
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 10909
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:33 am

I'm sorry I can't get past the washer and dryer in middle of room. Where the F they hooked up to? LOL! OCD is b*tch!

I don't know how it looked before, so I would say compliment. When I see a look I really like, I don't copy it exactly, but if lets say the background is amazing and I want mine to look that way, I will sure as hell try to get it exactly like. The rest of room is from my crazy arse brain, but the part I like the most I try to get perfect. If they are always doing it, then yeah maybe just remove from friends?
Skylar Heartbinder (119863787)
YoWorld Level: 311
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 06, 2009

Forum Posts: 7882

Postby Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:34 am

Toink Toink (117686344) wrote:I hope nobody copies my poop pile room :cat:

Off to copy now LOL! :hug:
Skylar Heartbinder (119863787)
YoWorld Level: 311
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 06, 2009

Forum Posts: 7882

Next

Return to YoWorld Discussions