[FEEDBACK] Design Contest Suggestions

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [FEEDBACK] Design Contest Suggestions

Postby CynnaGirlPawLatorio (11683468) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:23 pm

I do want to add 1 more thing.
I also love the fact that even if something you designed did not win. It might still wind up in game. During that season or down the road sometime.
But if BVG puts something out you designed that did not actually win. It is still a win in that designers eyes. And should have their name on the item some where. I am not saying they should get the item but at least have their name on it so people know it was actually that persons design. Because im sorry if you do not recognize the person who designed it, it is completely wrong. Same with contest entries where it may be a google image that was someone's idea. The person who sent it as a entry into a contest. No it does not have to have the persons name and they do not have to have the item for free. But have the courtesy to say when it is put in game that it was the persons suggestion. Because that will actually make the person feel good as well.

For Instance I had 3 hats go in game. That I suggested in a contest. And I was surprised to see they were put in game. Cause I was not told they won.
But no one knew I suggested them unless they stalked the contest and knew they were my suggestions. No I did not have to have a free one of those. Nor did I have to have my name on them. But no where in Discussions did BVG say that they were suggested by me. Same with several other yo's who had suggestions and no one knew because BVG did not say a word.

Cancer Free 13 Years

CynnaGirlPawLatorio (11683468)
YoWorld Level: 298
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 8254
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Chua xo (186188531) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:38 pm

Snorty (3054329) wrote:I thought the designs this halloween were amazing. I was in awe. That being said, I wish you would release the designer outfit together in one release. I hate having hair one day, costumes and then features. It completely throws off having the stuff. Why not just release it all in one pop and instead of having two designers a day, make it one whole costume.
thats not the contest feedback you asked for, but I just wanted to get that out there!

:thumbsup:

Chua xo (186188531)
YoWorld Level: 292
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 07, 2015

Forum Posts: 4579
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby Crack Fox (5112507) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:24 pm

Being able to submit a full design for an outfit in the Innovator section with all the separate parts. I don’t know if there were restrictions on this with the last Halloween contest as I never entered it. The Christmas contest only let the Innovator’s submit a full outfit with no separate pieces.
As many entries as you like as long as they look good and make people smile.

:D :bye:
Crack Fox (5112507)
YoWorld Level: 245
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 14, 2008

Forum Posts: 1430
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:49 pm

The exact same faces win every time and while they are amazing, you can only have so many of the same facial features/hairs and clothing. I don't know what process you guys do, but maybe switch up the requirements. Like you did before, I didn't mind there being a beginner entry, regular entry and an advanced one. You guys obviously have art people to make the hand drawn items more Yo friendly and we get different items in game we normally would not have if only the advanced designers were chosen. Meanwhile only so many of the people would fit the advanced category, so people that want more from certain designers could get there fix there. Maybe narrow down to 3 outfits in each category. I know you all sell more female outfits, but make one of the slots at least mandatory to be male outfit.

I prefer the whole outfit cases and like others mentioned, let them be bought all in the same day. Preferably well before the actual holiday (if it's holiday theme).

Maybe on an off season for normal DC stuff you can add in another one with the post a picture(or draw) of item you want in game again? That was fun and completely random as people posted a lot of different ideas. Except this time, let us be able to buy the item(s).
Skylar Heartbinder (119863787)
YoWorld Level: 311
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 06, 2009

Forum Posts: 7854

Postby XxDarkMarioxX (104376062) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:26 am

Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) wrote:The exact same faces win every time and while they are amazing, you can only have so many of the same facial features/hairs and clothing. I don't know what process you guys do, but maybe switch up the requirements. Like you did before, I didn't mind there being a beginner entry, regular entry and an advanced one. You guys obviously have art people to make the hand drawn items more Yo friendly and we get different items in game we normally would not have if only the advanced designers were chosen. Meanwhile only so many of the people would fit the advanced category, so people that want more from certain designers could get there fix there. Maybe narrow down to 3 outfits in each category. I know you all sell more female outfits, but make one of the slots at least mandatory to be male outfit.

I prefer the whole outfit cases and like others mentioned, let them be bought all in the same day. Preferably well before the actual holiday (if it's holiday theme).

Maybe on an off season for normal DC stuff you can add in another one with the post a picture(or draw) of item you want in game again? That was fun and completely random as people posted a lot of different ideas. Except this time, let us be able to buy the item(s).

Yeah and I also think it can be kinda off putting for the new people to enter if same faces win everytime because most of players are used to there desgins and will carry on voting for them leaving new players or people who have not won yet more harder chance to win!. I think we should have an section for new players and who have not won yet!

XxDarkMarioxX (104376062)
YoWorld Level: 355
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 18183
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby Denna (10205906) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:36 am

Here is my opinion about Designe Contests:

At this point, if I could draw (but I can't LOL), I wouldn't dare to enter... Simply because I know in advance people will vote for existing, amazing and specialized Designers we have.
obviously that is a reason why you made different categories and I think that is great.
This is just an idea: How about make one thread only for them? And I mean, thread for existing, already very skilled designers, who win each time. Limit entries to two designs.
That would mean that other players who want to share their designs, doesn't have to stand against ones who always win.

Second category would be for all people who never won and who can draw. Limit 3 entries per category

And third for people who can't draw, limit 3 entries per category.

This can sound mean, but I will say this anyway: Disqualify from voting people who don't follow the rules: If they post more entries than allowed, if they post work from someone else, if they post copyrighted content and people who attack other participants for any reason.
"What doesn't kill me,can only make me stronger...."
I am a proud granny! :heart:
Denna (10205906)
YoWorld Level: 316
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 15160
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby Danika (11152984) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:57 am

Completely disagree with limiting the number of entries per player... I fail to see what's the point of having a design contest, in which creators are limited in any way.

Besides the usual DC for Halloween and Christmas, you can also have one for Saint Patrick's day and also one for each season- Winter, Spring, Summer and Autumn :)
"What you touch at present, you may have, but my soul will be on that hill-top before you lay hands on me again..."

Danika (11152984)
YoWorld Level: 350
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 3245
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Pierre A (187421515) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:59 am

Besides Design Contests, I'd like to see a collab with a random designer for each theme.
The designer has got to make like 5 items and they will be released in a special deal :thumbsup:

Pierre A (187421515)
YoWorld Level: 151
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 16, 2017

Forum Posts: 518
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Knight (187331171) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:37 am

These points are just somethings Id like to see in some shape or form

1 - Remove the confusing multithread entries (Traditional/Whimsical etc)
This got quite confusing when entering, I feel like it would be better streamlined down to 1 single thread for a specific type of entry. (Full Oufit, Hair, Handheld etc)

2 - Up the limit for items in the full outfit category
At least by a couple I keep finding myself struggling with the amount when a face case itself can take up to around 5-6 pieces. Would be nice to see a limit of around 18-20 I think

3 - Limit the amount of entries/More variation
I think limiting the amount of entries per person should be be a thing like back in the Zynga days but give different limits for each category.
For Example
Full Outfit - 1 Male + 1 Female
Hair - 3 Submissions
Face Case - 2 Submissions
Handheld - 3 Submissions
This way it gives everyone equal chance across the board without the chance of spamming entries or people having too many pieces winning at once, offering a range of winners

4 - More Variation of theme
I enjoy having a theme when a contest releases but Id like to see a bit more variation. We get the usual holidays like halloween, vday and xmas. Id like to see a contest for something different such as Egpyt, Ancient Greek, Futuristic, Victorian etc. Include some themes which take us out of our comfort zones
Knight (187331171)
YoWorld Level: 45
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 03, 2017

Forum Posts: 222
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Pierre A (187421515) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:40 am

Knight (187331171) wrote:These points are just somethings Id like to see in some shape or form

This got quite confusing when entering, I feel like it would be better streamlined down to 1 single thread for a specific type of entry. (Full Oufit, Hair, Handheld etc)

At least by a couple I keep finding myself struggling with the amount when a face case itself can take up to around 5-6 pieces. Would be nice to see a limit of around 18-20 I think

I think limiting the amount of entries per person should be be a thing like back in the Zynga days but give different limits for each category.
For Example
Hair - 3 Submissions
Handheld - 3 Submissions
This way it gives everyone equal chance across the board without the chance of spamming entries or people having too many pieces winning at once, offering a range of winners

I enjoy having a theme when a contest releases but Id like to see a bit more variation. We get the usual holidays like halloween, vday and xmas. Id like to see a contest for something different such as Egpyt, Ancient Greek, Futuristic, Victorian etc. Include some themes which take us out of our comfort zones

I AGREE WITH ALL OF THESE :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Pierre A (187421515)
YoWorld Level: 151
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 16, 2017

Forum Posts: 518
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Cam (184561840) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:40 am

Knight (187331171) wrote:These points are just somethings Id like to see in some shape or form

For Example
Hair - 3 Submissions
Handheld - 3 Submissions

:idea: agree with everything you said.

Cam (184561840)
YoWorld Level: 295
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 04, 2013

Forum Posts: 4911
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby Vivica (13404458) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:49 am

Quarantined Mata (13429328) wrote:I also think that no matter how many entries a designer submits, only one should be allowed in the finals.

Yes, please.
Oh, honey, you may fool some people... but I'm not one of them. And when karma slaps you in the face, I want to be there just in case it needs help.

Vivica (13404458)
YoWorld Level: 237
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 8388

Postby Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:53 am

Denna (10205906) wrote:Here is my opinion about Designe Contests:

At this point, if I could draw (but I can't LOL), I wouldn't dare to enter... Simply because I know in advance people will vote for existing, amazing and specialized Designers we have.
obviously that is a reason why you made different categories and I think that is great.
This is just an idea: How about make one thread only for them? And I mean, thread for existing, already very skilled designers, who win each time. Limit entries to two designs.
That would mean that other players who want to share their designs, doesn't have to stand against ones who always win.

Second category would be for all people who never won and who can draw. Limit 3 entries per category

And third for people who can't draw, limit 3 entries per category.

This can sound mean, but I will say this anyway: Disqualify from voting people who don't follow the rules: If they post more entries than allowed, if they post work from someone else, if they post copyrighted content and people who attack other participants for any reason.

Not mean at all. I never understood how those that don't follow rules can win? That is a big part of keeping competitions fair. If it was an option not to follow rules, no one would follow them and other people would have had different entries.

Postby OMG SHOES (2131112) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:06 pm

- All qualifying entries are finalists, just like the latest Xmas contest, but 2 entries max. per category per player

- Keep full outfit as a category

- Bring back the face case category

- Hand-drawn and digital art shouldn't be together in voting

- Release the complete look for full-outfit winners on the same day

- Rearview and color variants should only be mandatory for winning designs

- Release non-winning items when possible (in contests, cash deals, VIP only, etc.)

- Host design contests for non-holiday-related themes

OMG SHOES (2131112)
YoWorld Level: 299
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 19, 2008

Forum Posts: 1773
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby Always (112546669) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:15 pm

I think all the important was mention before ^^ ...separate the categories, limit the number of entries, or choose finalists so the poll dont get super huuuuge, etc :nerd:
Always (112546669)
YoWorld Level: 295
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 07, 2009

Forum Posts: 13609
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Crack Fox (5112507) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:18 pm

I think you should listen to what your players say over all. Not just the forum.
Crack Fox (5112507)

Postby Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:26 pm

Polygon Pervert (5112507) wrote:I think you should listen to what your players say over all. Not just the forum.

True, but from what I understand the DC items are a forum only thing right? So for those they should prolly listen to the ones that actually participate in them. If I am wrong and you can enter not being on forum, sorry! I just know they usually have to use forum in one way or another, usually by posting in the DC threads!

Postby Crack Fox (5112507) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:35 pm

Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) wrote:
Polygon Pervert (5112507) wrote:I think you should listen to what your players say over all. Not just the forum.

True, but from what I understand the DC items are a forum only thing right? So for those they should prolly listen to the ones that actually participate in them. If I am wrong and you can enter not being on forum, sorry! I just know they usually have to use forum in one way or another, usually by posting in the DC threads!

It also serves the wider community. As others in game buy the end content. We are not in a bubble and perhaps some players need a nudge or a reminder that forums exist. Like all these other in game announcements we get.
Perhaps you are right, maybe the wider audience is of no value when it comes to forum matters .

:thumbsup: :bye:
Crack Fox (5112507)

Postby Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:53 pm

Polygon Pervert (5112507) wrote:

It also serves the wider community. As others in game buy the end content. We are not in a bubble and perhaps some players need a nudge or a reminder that forums exist. Like all these other in game announcements we get.
Perhaps you are right, maybe the wider audience is of no value when it comes to forum matters .

I agree with the wider audience participation part, don't get me wrong. I just thought this thread was only specifically about the rules and such going forward for the DC is all. From what I know that is all done on forums. So, that is why I hoped they listen to those that actually participate here more than those that don't. As for what type of contest and items the players want I would love for them to ask in game. Then maybe make a DC out of it? That way in game voices are heard on what they want to buy too.

Postby Crack Fox (5112507) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:08 pm

Polygon Pervert (5112507) wrote:

I agree with the wider audience participation part, don't get me wrong. I just thought this thread was only specifically about the rules and such going forward for the DC is all. From what I know that is all done on forums. So, that is why I hoped they listen to those that actually participate here more than those that don't. As for what type of contest and items the players want I would love for them to ask in game. Then maybe make a DC out of it? That way in game voices are heard on what they want to buy too.

I think asking what other players would like created for these contests would be a great idea.

:thumbsup: :D
Crack Fox (5112507)

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions