[FEEDBACK] Design Contest Suggestions

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [FEEDBACK] Design Contest Suggestions

Postby Kio (185180932) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:43 am

I like when there is categories for handhelds, yobers, and single item categories, effects etc. Just clothing, and/or full outfits that include face case+hair or specifically outfits and face cases separately. But I don't mind either way. Doing categories of item types like with the thanksgiving contest was fun.

Kio (185180932)
YoWorld Level: 265
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 21, 2013

Forum Posts: 13408
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Pierre A (187421515) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:31 pm

Always keep the full outfit section and limit the number of entries for each designer, in each category :thumbsup:

Pierre A (187421515)
YoWorld Level: 151
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 16, 2017

Forum Posts: 518
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Koats (185046372) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:38 pm

There needs to be a limit on submission per designer. The voting last time was beyond frustrating. By the time I got to the voting I'd forgotten most of them. If these contests are open for everyone to vote on, then the winning designs should be available in store for everyone to buy. :drink:
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. – Albert Einstein

#BlackLivesMatter

Koats (185046372)
YoWorld Level: 357
YoWorld Start Date: May 18, 2013

Forum Posts: 7023
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: ' Keep your head when all about you are losing theirs'

Postby Robyn VIP (8132649) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:53 pm

Chip Chop (167826066) wrote:Put innovator entries and artisan entries separate for voting
Have a limit on how many entries we can enter
(would really like a freestyle theme for the contest)

Yes to everything Chip said! :thumbsup: :heart:
Robyn VIP (8132649)
YoWorld Level: 273
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 5440
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Denna (10205906) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:06 pm

IceAgeComing (154702431) wrote:I would love if people would have to log in by facebook to cast a vote,
to ensure voting is fair and people wouldn't be able to just use VPN to
make their favorite designs win if they wanted to.

I so agree with this! :thumbsup:
"What doesn't kill me,can only make me stronger...."
I am a proud granny! :heart:
Denna (10205906)
YoWorld Level: 316
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 15160
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby Shaggy Glitternuts (126579776) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:09 pm

We like to have all the entries that we like, as sales for the winners have shown. We will spend for good art. Accordingly, your goal should be to give us as many winners as you can fit in. That means figuring out the math on how to get those to us.

The Winnowing - You have to limit the spam entries. Some players think that if they enter 50 times, the odds are that they will get one chosen. It never happens. They give us 50 pieces we have to drive around to get to the good entries. I'd limit every category to 2 entries - MAX - with no designer being able to have more than one entry win in a category. This helps avoid total domination by skilled artists.

The Rookies - I'd want every design contest to have at least one first time winner in it. Usually this happens naturally, but sometimes it doesn't. Yes, that means kicking out a winning entry from a repeat winner in favor of a less popular entry. The goal here is to encourage the rising stars. They may not be able to compete with repeat winners, but that doesn't mean their concepts are trash. They should have a clear path. In fact, you could have a category for "First Timers" that allows players who have never won to enter anything they want (limit one entry).

The Pros - These guys are your bread and butter when it comes to sales. Their names are famous in Yo, as they should be. You guys need to be a little more generous with the "non fame" rewards for winning entries - yocash. It costs you nothing to give them a nice kiss for filling your cash register. Don't be so stingy.

The Voting - I'm actually pleased with this process compared to the nightmares we endured with Zynga. I'd have 2 separate votes by the players to determine the winners. The first vote is to determine semifinalists. After you guys weed out the entries that are not compliant with the rules, all remaining entries should be voted on by the players to get your top 5-10 semi-finalists. Once you have those, a second vote should be taken to determine the winners.

And finally, to all forum Vikes (here comes the sappy part) - you guys really do bust your ass on these and it is appreciated by all of us. I know what a bunch of whiny assed poor sporty bishy babies we can be about these contests, but you guys fight through it like champs. I can only imagine the angst you feel when your hard work gets pissed on by a player/contestant (I'd ban us all! LOL). I have always loved these contests, even when they were poorly run. So I appreciate where we are now and that you are asking for advice on how to make it even better. I look forward to every one of these. Thanks!

There's a time that I remember
When I did not know no pain
When I believed in forever
And everything would stay the same-Maroon 5

Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory-Dr Suess
Shaggy Glitternuts (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 347
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 42300
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Willow (13350872) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:18 pm

I will not :smug:
Bring it
Willow (13350872)
YoWorld Level: 269
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 18602
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby Pixetta (111757268) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:41 pm

1. limit entries to two per category for each artisan, innovator, and apprentice levels.
2. get rid of traditional and the theme category and put under one category to be wide open to interpretation.
3. Have a category for people who haven't won a full outfit or outfit in game (full outfit and outfit only). (Maybe have a year limit on eg say 5 years since your last win or havn't won at all) *** i am talking about artisans only
4. bring back face case category. there are so many gorgeous face cases that havn't won that need to be in game. *** artisans only
5. i like how the voting was laid out for the christmas contest. the mini pics made it so much easier to vote. keep that.
6. However, i did not like that the artisans went up against the innovators. please separate them out.
7. BACKVIEWS AND VARIANTS. Can we please only do these after the WIN? It is very time consuming to do it and then to not win and go through all that work is pointless. If you happen to like an entry that didn't win, then pm or email the person and then they can do it. And perhaps give a time limit of how long eg two weeks to do the backviews and variants after the win. If you do not comply to the two week period, then it will not go in game. Make it a contingency of winning. *** artisans only
8. Please release the FULL OUTFITS on ONE DAY. I want it all, hair, face case, outfit in one go!

Just my two cents for now! probably will think of more later.
Last edited by Pixetta (111757268) on Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pixetta (111757268)
YoWorld Level: 283
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 615

Postby Cereza (160279019) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:54 pm

Please limit the number of entries allowed. Getting through the voting last time was such a hassle, and a few of the categories took AGES to load because of how many entries there were.

Cereza (160279019)
YoWorld Level: 279
YoWorld Start Date: May 24, 2010

Forum Posts: 2038
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby Miss Sass (187728411) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:58 pm

I would say to limit entries to certain categories. I'd like unlimited entries to full outfits, but perhaps limited entries to everything else. I agree that voting was excessive for some categories. Also, have them more often! They are clearly huge selling points for you guys, and quite frankly, your attention to BVG-made outfits isn't great most of the time. Design contest outfits always hit it out of the park and will almost always be a selling guarantee.
Honestly is everything, darling.

Miss Sass (187728411)
YoWorld Level: 168
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 22, 2019

Forum Posts: 228
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby ShaRcoaleyes PT (7767969) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:57 pm

1. Limit One entry per category per player
2. Separate voting category for hand-drawn innovator and digital innovator then separate voting for innovators and artisans; do not combine them in one category for voting because people will always vote for Digital art.
3. If a full outfit was submitted and you decide to put it in game just put the whole outfit in game, an example is what you did to Ishkafels Arctic Wolf design, since he came in 3rd in another category and placed him somwhere else, you just took the outfit but the face case was left behind...we appreciate you adding him in game but we want the whole look to go with it, so adding the face case would’ve made it complete. Designers make a full outfit for a reason that go all together to make the look.
4. If a full outfit was submitted, they cant submit the items in an individual item categories. They can still enter the individual item category but with a different item that didnt go in full oufit category.
5. Have a separate full face case category
6. I am looking forward to a United Nations Theme where we have all "Traditional" National Costumes representing countries together with Free Country Flag HH
Last edited by ShaRcoaleyes PT (7767969) on Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Click icons below for My Apartment Link, FB Filipino Community Page, FB Personal Page and Hair Trade Center.
ImageImageImageImage

ShaRcoaleyes PT (7767969)
YoWorld Level: 313
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 20, 2009

Forum Posts: 168

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:06 pm

3 entries per category, per player.

Keep the full outfit (hair, face case + outfit) and single item categories.

Leeum (130695460)
YoWorld Level: 333
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 26225
Forum Title: YoManiac

Postby CynnaGirlPawLatorio (11683468) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:11 pm

Ok first off I just want to say how excited I was and still am over 3 of my entries winning in the last contest. Thank you to everyone who voted for mine.

Also yes a lot of people like that a lot of artists designs go in to deals . But it really is not fair. Because a lot of people can not afford the cash. And then when it is in deals they go to AH and then the prices Sky Rocket because of the ones who price jack everything. So make it fair for everyone to get.

Also maybe have an innovators only design contest. Like Artisians have had Artisian only. Yes I adore Artisians. But I also adore Innovators. So maybe an Innovators design Contest. And it may bring other people in to design and have a chance at winning with their designs.

I think it would be cool to have a limit per person per category. Us innovators love to draw. So maybe no more than 5 entries per person per category.
Also if there is some one who just blantantly ignores rules Delete their entries and ban them from the contest.
But that is just my oppinion.

Also yes you gave us a taste of the voting yall do on your end by having us go through all those entries. But honestly. A lot of people did not even want to finish voting half way through it. Because of one person trying to take over the whole contest.

But these like I said are just ideas.
And thoughts I had.
Last edited by CynnaGirlPawLatorio (11683468) on Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cancer Free 13 Years

CynnaGirlPawLatorio (11683468)
YoWorld Level: 298
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 8254
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Pinkylola (235554) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:13 pm

Please add the name of the designer to each entry.
ImageImageImage
Remember you're somebody's reason to smile because you are a joke.

Pinkylola (235554)
YoWorld Level: 310
YoWorld Start Date: May 31, 2008

Forum Posts: 18160
Forum Title: Auction House Hero

Postby AlyssaRose (185638698) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:38 pm

Pinkylola (235554) wrote:Please add the name of the designer to each entry.

i don’t agree with this :sad:

AlyssaRose (185638698)
YoWorld Level: 269
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 07, 2014

Forum Posts: 3442
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Quarantined Mata (13429328) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:51 pm

I also think that no matter how many entries a designer submits, only one should be allowed in the finals.
Et tu, Brute?

Snitches get stitches
Quarantined Mata (13429328)
YoWorld Level: 305
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 10, 2009

Forum Posts: 4536
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby Sayuri (118889749) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:20 pm

Pixetta (111757268) wrote:1. limit entries to two per category for each artisan, innovator, and apprentice levels.
3. Have a category for people who haven't won a full outfit or outfit in game (full outfit and outfit only). (Maybe have a year limit on eg say 5 years since your last win or haven't won at all) *** I am talking about artisans only
4. bring back face case category. there are so many gorgeous face cases that haven't won that need to be in game. *** artisans only
7. BACKVIEWS AND VARIANTS. Can we please only do these after the WIN? It is very time consuming to do it and then to not win and go through all that work is pointless. If you happen to like an entry that didn't win, then pm or email the person and then they can do it. And perhaps give a time limit of how long eg two weeks to do the back views and variants after the win. If you do not comply with the two week period, then it will not go in game. Make it a contingency of winning. *** artisans only
8. Please release the FULL OUTFITS in ONE DAY. I want it all, hair, face case, outfit in one go!

ShaRcoaleyes PT (7767969) wrote:2. Separate voting category for hand-drawn innovator and digital innovator then separate voting for innovators and artisans; do not combine them in one category for voting because people will always vote for Digital art.
3. If a full outfit was submitted and you decide to put it in game just put the whole outfit in game, an example is what you did to Ishkafels Arctic Wolf design, since he came in 3rd in another category and placed him somewhere else, you just took the outfit but the face case was left behind...we appreciate you adding him in game but we want the whole look to go with it, so adding the face case would’ve made it complete. Designers make a full outfit for a reason that go all together to make the look.
4. If a full outfit was submitted, they cant submit the items in individual item categories. They can still enter the individual item category but with a different item that didn't go in the full outfit category.

I agree with the above ^

My personal notes

-I don't like one-piece costumes :/ pls release separate pieces of one outfit if you decide to release it in game! I'm happy for Knight and Don for the costumes they got released but it's a pity we can't have the separate items to play with, all-in-one-piece costumes are very limiting in creativity and versatility, really not my cup of tea :/ I think that separate parts could sell way better too.

-Please host a DC contest with an original theme (like the street style one, or the 40s etc..) NOT related to a holiday (I'm kind of bored of holidays related contest but that maybe it's just me...)

Maybe I'll add more later, sleepy now :night: ty for asking us :thumbsup:
Last edited by Sayuri (118889749) on Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Image
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "What is 'real'?" "That which is irreplaceable." \W/
Sayuri (118889749)
YoWorld Level: 281
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 01, 2009

Forum Posts: 794

Postby Rainy (9155341) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:57 pm

smh...wow people...BVG is being very fair about things to a degree...and I think to stop all this crap some of you are crying about is to have nothing but a.... FULL OUTFIT DESIGN.....no hh....no this or that....just a full blown outfit every time all the time.....will agree that when a outfit is put into play the whole outfit from head to toe should be released in one day....there are some fantastic talented Yo's out there...and some of those are being pushed to the side for no reason...these designers are so much better then BVG's people....and I know I am not the only one who thinks this...think some of the great designers have lost faith in the contest process...FULL OUTFIT DESIGN....the only way to go
Rainy (9155341)
YoWorld Level: 298
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 398
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby SANTINO (122903506) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:28 pm

I want to see statistics when we vote. I want to know exactly how many votes we receive when the votes come out, otherwise, how do we know how many votes we got? What if we were close by 1 vote or something. We need to know, so we can do better next time. I want to see numbers just to ensure the votes are being tallied fairly. :thumbsup: Just a suggestion, but I am sure everyone would benefit from it. :heart:

SANTINO (122903506)
YoWorld Level: 247
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 19, 2009

Forum Posts: 211

Postby Angelic Rose (107404295) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:04 pm

My two cents-

1. Limit the amount of entries a person is allowed in a section, like say hats-2 entries max, Yobers-1, Costumes/Dresses-2 entries, or whatever so the max anyone can enter is 5 per person. ( It gets very tedious having to go through pages and pages of designs that are massive).

2. Have an innovator section for Innovators only. Where we design a certain item/ or items set only for hand drawn, painted, etc artists who are not on the same level as the Artisans. That way in fairness, they can win for an outfit, hair, etc. (Like the summer contest).

3. Allow participation, but also make the rules clear and precise.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/734103050459324/ Come check out my Design group.
ImageImage

Angelic Rose (107404295)
YoWorld Level: 351
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 13490
Forum Title: YoWild

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions