[FEEDBACK] Design Contest Suggestions

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [FEEDBACK] Design Contest Suggestions

Postby Howler (126579776) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:20 pm

Leeum (130695460) wrote:
Crusher (126579776) wrote:
Leeum (130695460) wrote:
Crusher (126579776) wrote:Guys, BVG just killed ANY cultural items in Yo forever with their new "cultural sensitivity" policy. Anything they try will probably be offensive to someone in this game, and is therefore out of bounds. We simply can't have that stuff anymore.

Can you imagine a contest around Texas culture? They'd probably make cowboy hats, big ole belt buckles, and boots. Do you know how offensively stereotypical that is to every Texan? Nobody wears that sh*t here - except people who moved here from somewhere else and rodeo fans. So forget poking fun at us. I might cry.

Of course I'm being sarcastic as hell. But the risk is always there that someone wouldn't get it right, and then someone would truly get upset. And BVG can't do that now, because I will call them on it every time. You guys are going to get tired of me flinging acid and venom at their insensitivity. I will research every item they release for cultural accuracy and offensiveness and point it out to them. We will have dozens of Poly hat incidents in the near future. There's no more stating "just don't buy it if it's not for you" when it comes to items now. That's not good enough anymore. I don't forget stuff like this. They have set the precedent, and now they will have to eat it with every meal. I'm sweet like that.

:nerd:

i think there is a big difference in an item being culturally insensitive and offensive to people who's ancestors have literally been killed for what the hat seemingly represents to them, and cowboy hats in a texas theme

Well I was going to wait for someone to bring that up the first time I find BVG does it, but we'll get it started here. They don't get to pick and choose. There aren't "levels" of acceptable "cultural discrimination". It's an all or nothing proposition, or else they are knowingly and actively practicing DISCRIMINATION within their game. Can't have that happening now can we?

And you don't think cowboy hats are offensive? Why don't you ask some Native Americans about that, or Texans who are part of the tech wave down in Austin. They DESPISE the hat and see it as an insult to the new Texas.

:smug:

i'm all for culturally insensitive items being removed if that's what it takes for YoWorld to become a more inclusive place, i just don't think your example was in good taste

It doesn't matter now anyway. BVG decided it's ok to leave the Poly hats in Yo now. It's only culturally insensitive unless they have to do a lot of work. Then it's ok.

;)

Be strong but not rude.
Be kind but not weak.
Be humble but not timid.
Be proud but not arrogant.

Howler (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 360
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 43110
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:21 pm

Crusher (126579776) wrote:It doesn't matter now anyway. BVG decided it's ok to leave the Poly hats in Yo now. It's only culturally insensitive unless they have to do a lot of work. Then it's ok.

;)

I think it's probably because there's only a small amount of these hats actually in-game so the likelihood of an offended player coming across one is probably very, very low.

Plus, if this hat makes BVG start to do better with content and consider different backgrounds, I think it's a win :drink:

Leeum (130695460)
YoWorld Level: 334
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 26473
Forum Title: YoManiac

Postby Vivica (13404458) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:22 pm

Leeum (130695460) wrote:
Crusher (126579776) wrote:It doesn't matter now anyway. BVG decided it's ok to leave the Poly hats in Yo now. It's only culturally insensitive unless they have to do a lot of work. Then it's ok.

;)

I think it's probably because there's only a small amount of these hats actually in-game so the likelihood of an offended player coming across one is probably very, very low.

Plus, if this hat makes BVG start to do better with content and consider different backgrounds, I think it's a win :drink:

:thumbsup:

I think it's a win, too.
It's like the sour patch kids have gone wild.

Vivica (13404458)
YoWorld Level: 238
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 8944
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby voodoosue (118968402) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:22 pm

Leeum (130695460) wrote:
Crusher (126579776) wrote:Guys, BVG just killed ANY cultural items in Yo forever with their new "cultural sensitivity" policy. Anything they try will probably be offensive to someone in this game, and is therefore out of bounds. We simply can't have that stuff anymore.

Can you imagine a contest around Texas culture? They'd probably make cowboy hats, big ole belt buckles, and boots. Do you know how offensively stereotypical that is to every Texan? Nobody wears that sh*t here - except people who moved here from somewhere else and rodeo fans. So forget poking fun at us. I might cry.

Of course I'm being sarcastic as hell. But the risk is always there that someone wouldn't get it right, and then someone would truly get upset. And BVG can't do that now, because I will call them on it every time. You guys are going to get tired of me flinging acid and venom at their insensitivity. I will research every item they release for cultural accuracy and offensiveness and point it out to them. We will have dozens of Poly hat incidents in the near future. There's no more stating "just don't buy it if it's not for you" when it comes to items now. That's not good enough anymore. I don't forget stuff like this. They have set the precedent, and now they will have to eat it with every meal. I'm sweet like that.

i think there is a big difference in an item being culturally insensitive and offensive to people who's ancestors have literally been killed for what the hat seemingly represents to them, and cowboy hats in a texas theme

Well I was going to wait for someone to bring that up the first time I find BVG does it, but we'll get it started here. They don't get to pick and choose. There aren't "levels" of acceptable "cultural discrimination". It's an all or nothing proposition, or else they are knowingly and actively practicing DISCRIMINATION within their game. Can't have that happening now can we?

And you don't think cowboy hats are offensive? Why don't you ask some Native Americans about that, or Texans who are part of the tech wave down in Austin. They DESPISE the hat and see it as an insult to the new Texas.

:thumbsup: YOU GO ROD :party: damn straight its an all or none from here on out :hug:
IM JUST IRRELEVANT AND INVISIBLE

some people should use a glue stick instead of chap stick
ImageImage

voodoosue (118968402)
YoWorld Level: 352
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 02, 2009

Forum Posts: 8152

Postby Howler (126579776) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:25 pm

Leeum (130695460) wrote:

;)

Oh it's definitely a win. I'll look forward to bantering with you when the next offensive item hits the store. You can tell me all about how it's not the same then and discount the people who play and might be offended by it. I'll give you a head start - it's probably going to be Santa or Baby Jesus.

Be strong but not rude.
Be kind but not weak.
Be humble but not timid.

Howler (126579776)

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:27 pm

Leeum (130695460) wrote:

;)

Oh it's definitely a win. I'll look forward to bantering with you when the next offensive item hits the store. You can tell me all about how it's not the same then and discount the people who play and might be offended by it. I'll give you a head start - it's probably going to be Santa or Baby Jesus.

I will continue to educate myself so I'm better suited to be more respectful of other people's cultures, beliefs, and sensitivities :thumbsup:

Leeum (130695460)

Postby voodoosue (118968402) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:30 pm

Leeum (130695460) wrote:

;)

ImageImage

voodoosue (118968402)

Postby DonnaSue Latorio (187546514) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:31 pm

Leeum (130695460) wrote:

Actually, I LOVE my cowboy hats -- even did some beadwork on the one I bought in San Antonio to snaz it up a bit. Works great on thos hot days in the Pow Wow Circle - keeps the sun off my head. Next?

DonnaSue Latorio (187546514)
YoWorld Level: 347
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 13, 2017

Forum Posts: 778
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Willow (13350872) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:32 pm

Leeum (130695460) wrote:
Leeum (130695460) wrote:

i'm all for culturally insensitive items being removed if that's what it takes for YoWorld to become a more inclusive place, i just don't think your example was in good taste

It doesn't matter now anyway. BVG decided it's ok to leave the Poly hats in Yo now. It's only culturally insensitive unless they have to do a lot of work. Then it's ok.

;)

I think Bvg's hands were tied with this. Why keep making a big deal out of it? They did what they thought was right.
I know everybody says money can't buy happiness
but it can buy me a boat
and it can buy me a truck to pull it
It can buy me a yeti 110iced down with some silver bullets

Willow (13350872)
YoWorld Level: 270

Forum Posts: 19290
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby DonnaSue Latorio (187546514) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:35 pm

-changes subject so thread doesn't get locked-

Viking Andrew can we have a Valentines Design Contest, pleasssseeeee :D :D

Postby Willow (13350872) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:36 pm

DonnaSue Latorio (187546514) wrote:-changes subject so thread doesn't get locked-

I would love this :D
I know everybody says money can't buy happiness
but it can buy me a boat
and it can buy me a truck to pull it
It can buy me a yeti 110iced down with some silver bullets

Willow (13350872)
YoWorld Level: 270

Forum Posts: 19290
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:36 pm

DonnaSue Latorio (187546514) wrote:-changes subject so thread doesn't get locked-

Leeum (130695460)

Postby Howler (126579776) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:37 pm

Leeum (130695460) wrote:
Leeum (130695460) wrote:

;)

I will continue to educate myself so I'm better suited to be more respectful of other people's cultures, beliefs, and sensitivities :thumbsup:

I'm busting your balls because BVG backed themselves into a corner today. I'm all for being more respectful, I just don't think they can do that and provide interesting content. We are going to start getting some of the most watered down nothingness we've ever seen if they do. Every holiday can be offensive to someone. Valentine's Day is cruel and unusual punishment for single people, not to mention it was originally intended as a Catholic celebration, which has been watered down to a day to celebrate lovers. You think our Irish players like all the racist red headed drunks or ridiculous leprechauns BVG has spit out for St Pats?

Times are a changin...........as you said, let's get educated and make the game more respectful. :)

Be strong but not rude.
Be kind but not weak.
Be humble but not timid.

Howler (126579776)

Postby Vivica (13404458) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:39 pm

:phew:

Vivica (13404458)

Postby Howler (126579776) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:39 pm

DonnaSue Latorio (187546514) wrote:
Leeum (130695460) wrote:

Actually, I LOVE my cowboy hats -- even did some beadwork on the one I bought in San Antonio to snaz it up a bit. Works great on thos hot days in the Pow Wow Circle - keeps the sun off my head. Next?

So you speak for every nation? :smug:

Be strong but not rude.
Be kind but not weak.
Be humble but not timid.

Howler (126579776)

Postby Howler (126579776) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:40 pm

Vivica (13404458) wrote: :phew:

:haha: :phew:

Come on! We're having fun now. ;)

Be strong but not rude.
Be kind but not weak.
Be humble but not timid.

Howler (126579776)

Postby voodoosue (118968402) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:43 pm

:haha: :haha: should i get the popcorn going? :D

ImageImage

voodoosue (118968402)

Postby Vivica (13404458) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:44 pm

The fact that you're failing to understand how it's a problem to release an insensitive item toward a people who have been oppressed and killed during the holocaust is really something. This is not a joke but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Vivica (13404458)

Postby DonnaSue Latorio (187546514) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:49 pm

DonnaSue Latorio (187546514) wrote:
Leeum (130695460) wrote:

So you speak for every nation? :smug:

Nope, didn't say I did -- you said lets ask some Native Americans, so I was obliging and answering the question. :smug:

Postby Angelic Rose (107404295) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:06 pm

Inquiring minds and sketch pads are eager to know. Are innovators going to have a contest soon? :D :smug:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/734103050459324/ Come check out my Design group.
#NASHVILLESTRONG

Angelic Rose (107404295)
YoWorld Level: 353
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 13663
Forum Title: YoWild

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions