[FEEDBACK] Design Contest Suggestions

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

[FEEDBACK] Design Contest Suggestions

Postby Viking Andrew » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:08 am

Hey YoFans!

We want your help forming the future of Design Contests. You've probably noticed that we have been tinkering with design contests over the past year, and this is because we are trying to find the formula that works.

Now that you've been able to experience some of the changes we've worked on, we want to reach out to you to let us know what you think. What works? What doesn't work? What would you like to see change? What would you like to add?


Let us know your thoughts, or if you've already seen some good thoughts mentioned, drop the link to those posts below! :D
User avatar

Viking Andrew
YoWorld Level: 500
 
Forum Posts: 2700
Forum Title: The Best Taco Artist

Re: [FEEDBACK] Design Contest Suggestions

Postby Snorty (3054329) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:51 am

I thought the designs this halloween were amazing. I was in awe. That being said, I wish you would release the designer outfit together in one release. I hate having hair one day, costumes and then features. It completely throws off having the stuff. Why not just release it all in one pop and instead of having two designers a day, make it one whole costume.
thats not the contest feedback you asked for, but I just wanted to get that out there!
Live your life the way you choose. Let me do the same. Just remember that your way is not my way and we will get along just fine.
my giveaway home. 3-4 items max please and tell me what room its in.
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h13315429
User avatar

Snorty (3054329)
YoWorld Level: 346
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 01, 2008
 
Forum Posts: 11525
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: Rainbows and Puppies galore.

Re: [FEEDBACK] Design Contest Suggestions

Postby XxDarkMarioxX (104376062) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:55 am

I would like to see a change on how you pick your designs in votings, I think everyone should have a fair chance of winning and past contest we seen some people with many entries in voting and that gives them more chance of winning then any other people in voting so my feedback is to give everyone a chance and to limit how many entries can be picked in voting and not keep having a same designer in voting many times in a row on each section so if you enter a full outfit only one outfit can get picked into the voting so if their 8 designs in voting think all 8 of them should be from different people if you understand me!.

Also you like to put none winners costumes in stores but notice that its same people so think you should pick some new desginers to be in this game that will make them happy and keep entering these desgin contest because having same winners in every contest can put you off!
Last edited by XxDarkMarioxX (104376062) on Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:06 am, edited 5 times in total.
User avatar

XxDarkMarioxX (104376062)
YoWorld Level: 356
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 03, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 18220
Forum Title: YoAddict

Re: [FEEDBACK] Design Contest Suggestions

Postby Denna (10205906) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:55 am

Above of all, put them all in stores for everyone. Not in YC deals and VIP. If you ask everyone to participate in these contests and everyone to vote for them, then they should be there for everyone, not only for "privileged" players.

If I get any ideas, I will come back later and post it.

Have a great day :)
"What doesn't kill me,can only make me stronger...."
I am a proud granny! :heart:
Image
User avatar
Denna (10205906)
YoWorld Level: 317
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 25, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 15231
Forum Title: YoFiend
Location: The land of Whatever

Re: [FEEDBACK] Design Contest Suggestions

Postby AlyssaRose (185638698) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:58 am

i think there should be a limit on entries but i know some people don't agree with that. some people have entered 30+ designs and then complained that its completely unfair that they didnt win because they had so many entries in voting. so thats just something of my own opinion, not sure if anyone else agrees with it.

continuing to have full outfit submissions is a must!! but please keep the sub categories as well - some people are good at designing in one area (maybe hairs but not faces), so the option to submit in those categories separately is really nice.

i would not suggest the clicking, dragging and ranking of outfits again like what happened with the most recent halloween contest. i saw a lot of people who were confused by it and just having people vote for 3 that they like the best seems to work just fine.

if i think of any more ill edit my comment lol
Image
User avatar

AlyssaRose (185638698)
YoWorld Level: 269
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 07, 2014
 
Forum Posts: 3442
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Re: [FEEDBACK] Design Contest Suggestions

Postby Vivica (13404458) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:02 am

Limit on entries for sure. (maybe a max of 3-5 entries per person)
More DC items in deals/VIP/exclusives (as long as the designer gets them for free no matter what).
More full DC/one piece costume ideas like you did with Don and Oni costume.

more to come as I think.
Last edited by Vivica (13404458) on Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oh, honey, you may fool some people... but I'm not one of them. And when karma slaps you in the face, I want to be there just in case it needs help.
User avatar

Vivica (13404458)
YoWorld Level: 237
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 8420
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: dizzyland

Re: [FEEDBACK] Design Contest Suggestions

Postby Willow (13350872) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:16 am

I agree with Viv. I think putting them in yocash deals or Vip, which vip deserves a boost but I think it helps add to the hype and I also love one-piece costumes. I also agree with fewer entries. By the time I got done voting it was like :phew: :phew:
Bring it
User avatar
Willow (13350872)
YoWorld Level: 269
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 18623
Forum Title: YoAddict
Location: Doing the Monster Mash

Re: [FEEDBACK] Design Contest Suggestions

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:20 am

I like having special items just for VIP members. If people don't like that, then they can pay to be VIP also.
Image
Image
*You don't fool me.* Silence is golden; duct tape is silver.
“You become like the five people you spend the most time with. Choose carefully.” Jim Rohn
User avatar

JulieHootieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 350
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 18372
Forum Title: YoAddict

Re: [FEEDBACK] Design Contest Suggestions

Postby Fiore (155677018) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:22 am

I understand that people want more quality items in VIP, and I agree with it, there should be an incentive for people to be VIP, but I don't like items, much less designer items, to be stuck in yc deals.
Like others have stated, a limit on how many entries can be submitted would be ideal. I liked that we were able to pick finalists/winners, but it was a little overwhelming having so many entries... My head was like :dizzy:
Image
Image
User avatar
Fiore (155677018)
YoWorld Level: 270
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 05, 2010
 
Forum Posts: 12074
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: ✰Բ૯૯Ն ɿՈ౮ɿՈ८ɿცՆ૯✰

Re: [FEEDBACK] Design Contest Suggestions

Postby Vivica (13404458) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:23 am

XxDarkMarioxX (104376062) wrote:I would like to see a change on how you pick your designs in votings, I think everyone should have a fair chance of winning and past contest we seen some people with many entries in voting and that gives them more chance of winning then any other people in voting so my feedback is to give everyone a chance and to limit how many entries can be picked in voting and not keep having a same designer in voting many times in a row on each section so if you enter a full outfit only one outfit can get picked into the voting so if their 8 designs in voting think all 8 of them should be from different people if you understand me!.

Also you like to put none winners costumes in stores but notice that its same people so think you should pick some new desginers to be in this game that will make them happy and keep entering these desgin contest because having same winners in every contest can put you off!


Agreed. I would like to see some new designers in-game, even if that would mean someone who won the previous contest couldn't compete in the next one. :thumbsup:
Oh, honey, you may fool some people... but I'm not one of them. And when karma slaps you in the face, I want to be there just in case it needs help.
User avatar

Vivica (13404458)
YoWorld Level: 237
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 8420
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: dizzyland

Re: [FEEDBACK] Design Contest Suggestions

Postby Willow (13350872) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:24 am

Vivica (13404458) wrote:
XxDarkMarioxX (104376062) wrote:I would like to see a change on how you pick your designs in votings, I think everyone should have a fair chance of winning and past contest we seen some people with many entries in voting and that gives them more chance of winning then any other people in voting so my feedback is to give everyone a chance and to limit how many entries can be picked in voting and not keep having a same designer in voting many times in a row on each section so if you enter a full outfit only one outfit can get picked into the voting so if their 8 designs in voting think all 8 of them should be from different people if you understand me!.

Also you like to put none winners costumes in stores but notice that its same people so think you should pick some new desginers to be in this game that will make them happy and keep entering these desgin contest because having same winners in every contest can put you off!


Agreed. I would like to see some new designers in-game, even if that would mean someone who won the previous contest couldn't compete in the next one. :thumbsup:


I actually agree with this as well :heart:
Bring it
User avatar
Willow (13350872)
YoWorld Level: 269
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 18623
Forum Title: YoAddict
Location: Doing the Monster Mash

Re: [FEEDBACK] Design Contest Suggestions

Postby Quarantined Mata (13429328) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:25 am

Limit entries. Especially if ALL of them are gonna be finalists like the last time.
Et tu, Brute?
Image

Image
Snitches get stitches
User avatar
Quarantined Mata (13429328)
YoWorld Level: 305
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 10, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 4559
Forum Title: YoGroupie
Location: Surprise me

Re: [FEEDBACK] Design Contest Suggestions

Postby Chip Chop (167826066) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:27 am

Put innovator entries and artisan entries separate for voting
Have a limit on how many entries we can enter
(would really like a freestyle theme for the contest)
Image
User avatar
Chip Chop (167826066)
YoWorld Level: 50
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 23, 2010
 
Forum Posts: 2059
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Re: [FEEDBACK] Design Contest Suggestions

Postby Snorty (3054329) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:30 am

JulieHootieScraps (108384802) wrote:I like having special items just for VIP members. If people don't like that, then they can pay to be VIP also.

I agree.
Plus, its not like they cant get the items from VIP users anyway. its not like its out of reach for any yo no matter where its at.
Live your life the way you choose. Let me do the same. Just remember that your way is not my way and we will get along just fine.
my giveaway home. 3-4 items max please and tell me what room its in.
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h13315429
User avatar

Snorty (3054329)
YoWorld Level: 346
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 01, 2008
 
Forum Posts: 11525
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: Rainbows and Puppies galore.

Re: [FEEDBACK] Design Contest Suggestions

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:31 am

Fiore (155677018) wrote:I understand that people want more quality items in VIP, and I agree with it, there should be an incentive for people to be VIP, but I don't like items, much less designer items, to be stuck in yc deals.
Like others have stated, a limit on how many entries can be submitted would be ideal. I liked that we were able to pick finalists/winners, but it was a little overwhelming having so many entries... My head was like :dizzy:

Yes, I completely agree with this. There should be a limit on entries submitted and known alts should be included in the limited entry total for the same people. Maybe 4 entries max per person(s) per category would be a good start. It was torturous wading thru 500 entries, especially when some were slight variations.
And please don't allow everyone to make it thru to the voting process. I think that caused a lot of feelings hurt by those whose designs didn't win. I get really tired of seeing temper tantrums.
Image
Image
*You don't fool me.* Silence is golden; duct tape is silver.
“You become like the five people you spend the most time with. Choose carefully.” Jim Rohn
User avatar

JulieHootieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 350
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 18372
Forum Title: YoAddict

Re: [FEEDBACK] Design Contest Suggestions

Postby AlyssaRose (185638698) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:58 am

JulieHootieScraps (108384802) wrote:
Fiore (155677018) wrote:I understand that people want more quality items in VIP, and I agree with it, there should be an incentive for people to be VIP, but I don't like items, much less designer items, to be stuck in yc deals.
Like others have stated, a limit on how many entries can be submitted would be ideal. I liked that we were able to pick finalists/winners, but it was a little overwhelming having so many entries... My head was like :dizzy:

Yes, I completely agree with this. There should be a limit on entries submitted and known alts should be included in the limited entry total for the same people. Maybe 4 entries max per person(s) per category would be a good start. It was torturous wading thru 500 entries, especially when some were slight variations.
And please don't allow everyone to make it thru to the voting process. I think that caused a lot of feelings hurt by those whose designs didn't win. I get really tired of seeing temper tantrums.


i agree 100% with the bolded, but i just disagree with limiting what we can vote on. people complained for awhile that bvg would pick finalists and then we got to pick from whatever they selected for us, so i think it makes it a little more fair and keeps most happy lol

if people are going to continuously have hurt feelings they shouldn't be entering these contests period lol there is lots of talent in our community and not everyone is able to win. :hug:
Image
User avatar

AlyssaRose (185638698)
YoWorld Level: 269
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 07, 2014
 
Forum Posts: 3442
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Re: [FEEDBACK] Design Contest Suggestions

Postby Cam (184561840) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:02 am

Please bring back the face case category... And it would be great if you can extend the item limit :angel:

Also it would be a good idea to not categorize full outfits. I feel it would be better to be able to enter them all under 1 same category
User avatar
Cam (184561840)
YoWorld Level: 295
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 04, 2013
 
Forum Posts: 4912
Forum Title: YoGroupie
Location: Mars

Re: [FEEDBACK] Design Contest Suggestions

Postby Isla (2518852) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:19 am

I'd like to see a free- for-all for the designers to team up, create their own theme, and release their own designs for it. I think they've banded together and done this before (not for release) and I was in awe of the designs. It's kind of cool to see what they can design outside the bounds of holiday themes.

I know it's very different and would have to be limited, but I'd also like to see some designer-created homes or furniture items. I think there's a way to expand this in a controlled way so it wouldn't be complete chaos, but I think this could be a nice treat and change. It's just that creating a home would likely be a lot of work. To have a home created by one of our own that designs and buys homes all the time would be pretty cool.
Image
User avatar

Isla (2518852)
YoWorld Level: 272
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 07, 2008
 
Forum Posts: 1027
Forum Title: YoFollower
Location: Nashville

Re: [FEEDBACK] Design Contest Suggestions

Postby Momo05 (187032505) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:28 am

Full outfit at innovator category contest maybe? :haha:
Image
User avatar
Momo05 (187032505)
YoWorld Level: 265
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 28, 2016
 
Forum Posts: 3141
Forum Title: YoAficionado
Location: Avoiding salty people

Re: [FEEDBACK] Design Contest Suggestions

Postby IceAgeComing (154702431) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:35 am

I would love if people would have to log in by facebook to cast a vote,
to ensure voting is fair and people wouldn't be able to just use VPN to
make their favorite designs win if they wanted to.
User avatar
IceAgeComing (154702431)
YoWorld Level: 265
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 27, 2010
 
Forum Posts: 263
Forum Title: YoRegular

Next

Return to YoWorld Discussions