Treating Designers Differently?

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: Treating Designers Differently?

Postby Toink Toink (117686344) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:04 pm

They made a bundle fer shure.
We are out of rice krispies har har

Toink Toink (117686344)
YoWorld Level: 384
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 8820
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: Near the kitchen cause kitchen got food .. nom nom like pig

Postby ShaRcoaleyes PT (7767969) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:22 pm

I got confused with the release today; the costumes were Vampiric and Deadly nurse yet the face case released was for Red Riding hood and Knight

The vampiric and deadly nurse hairs will be more costly for some player since its in YC deals... and the regulars are instore for 18yc compared to other designers the hairs were 9yc deal in hair box thats why in AH the 9 yc hairs are so many for regular colors. The $$ deals are like price jacked in AH and people who dont have credit/debit cards need to buy the hair in AH or events making it so costly for them.

ShaRcoaleyes PT (7767969)
YoWorld Level: 312
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 20, 2009

Forum Posts: 148
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Vivica (13404458) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:23 pm

If they're gonna put some designer hairs in deals, they should put all designer hairs in deals. It's only fair. :drink:
Can't stand people who pretend to like you. Being fake is not a respectable quality, being honest is.

Vivica (13404458)
YoWorld Level: 235
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 8166

Postby Pinkylola (235554) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:53 pm

Vivica (13404458) wrote:If they're gonna put some designer hairs in deals, they should put all designer hairs in deals. It's only fair. :drink:

But if they do something like that yc once again become useless bc they keep putting items on $ deals.
The main reason I pay the Vip is for the 50yc per week and at this point I don't need anymore yc o_o
Image ImageImage
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient, I will get to you shortly.

Pinkylola (235554)
YoWorld Level: 308
YoWorld Start Date: May 31, 2008

Forum Posts: 17688
Forum Title: Auction House Hero

Postby BEANS (110735736) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:41 pm

waiting for AH prices to go down so i can buy the rare nurse hair waiting waiting waiting.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. :sleeping:
Trying to stay in sane in the world of insane

BEANS (110735736)
YoWorld Level: 338
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 29, 2009

Forum Posts: 1913
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby sNaPCaCkLeNPooP (12927062) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:18 pm

I agree! :thumbsup: I personally do not like seeing anything held to a deal only. Designer or other wise. I know it won't stop though but it sure has changed the way I play and spend. Very seldom do I buy the deal for the item only if I do not need the yocash. I usually just head to ah or just forget about the item completely. At this point there is plenty in game to focus on rather than items that was not made available to me. If they want me to spend more I need to see more in the store. :thumbsup: I will go even further and say I hate the hair boxes as well. I wish they would just put all the things in the store. Its wishful thinking I know. :)

sNaPCaCkLeNPooP (12927062)
YoWorld Level: 330
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 10825
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Pinkylola (235554) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:43 pm

sNaPCaCkLeNPooP (12927062) wrote:I agree! :thumbsup: I personally do not like seeing anything held to a deal only. Designer or other wise. I know it won't stop though but it sure has changed the way I play and spend. Very seldom do I buy the deal for the item only if I do not need the yocash. I usually just head to ah or just forget about the item completely. At this point there is plenty in game to focus on rather than items that was not made available to me. If they want me to spend more I need to see more in the store. :thumbsup: I will go even further and say I hate the hair boxes as well. I wish they would just put all the things in the store. Its wishful thinking I know. :)

I hardly buy yc deals bc the yc I get as a reward for my subscription is enough for me and when something I like is release on a deal I stalk the Ah all day but by the next day I completely forgot about what I was looking to buy the day before :silly:
Image ImageImage
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient, I will get to you shortly.

Pinkylola (235554)
YoWorld Level: 308
YoWorld Start Date: May 31, 2008

Forum Posts: 17688
Forum Title: Auction House Hero

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:39 pm

I see where this is all coming from, and in my view, it would seem to be the more fair route to go.

However, one thing we have to remember, is that once these entries are submitted/selected/whatever, they're now BVG's property. They're almost like contractor work, or if they were to hire another third-party entity to design a few outfits for the game. Except for in this instant, the artists/contractors are paid in game tender, and their own pieces for free. Their names get to be on their items, but that's as far as their ties to their items now ends. BVG now owns those items, and could pretty much do as they please with those items. Yes, somebody else designed them, but BVG now owns the rights to those items. In theory, they can release them as they see fit. Making this argument, would be almost like saying "if Viking Lisa's outfit design got to go in a YoCash deal, why didn't Viking Harry's get the same treatment? All Viking-designed outfits should be treated the same." To this effect, BVG will treat these items like any other of their own designed items... However they see fit.

Then, you could also make the argument that these items, while being treated like any old item by BVG, should be treated differently cause their origins are different. They were designed by players we know, which makes them more personal to us, as part of a contest that we got to vote on, which makes it even more personal. So really, I see why both trains of thought can be valid.
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 276
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 7923

Postby Alicen Chains (155870363) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:20 pm

In my opinion all the items that have been targeted for YC incentives are those in demand to the die hard Halloween fans. Bloody, on fire, etc...
It makes it worse when the hair is part of a complete outfit being released and some people still buy full sets and want them complete. I dont remember what hair we voted on, but THAT hair should've been made available to everyone. I liked the look of this one and dont care if it's considered a "rare". Once rares and ultra rares and hair boxes were added to the game it dessimated the aftermarket for regular colors. I'm on the fence on hairs in deals because sometimes its easier to come up with $5 than 5 million coins and trolling AH for a deal :shrugs: I also needed the extra yocash for facials. I have noticed I haven't bought a single hat this year though. :?:

Alicen Chains (155870363)
YoWorld Level: 316
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 06, 2010

Forum Posts: 12640
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Goddess Zane (2435988) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:50 am

I know this is probably a minority opinion but I like knowing I'm getting a rare with each purchase. Versus spending waaaay more in yc until I get the rare.

Goddess Zane (2435988)
YoWorld Level: 358
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 04, 2008

Forum Posts: 800
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby SANTINO (122903506) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:21 am

Unpopular Opinion, but I do feel like people like Pierre, Kenjeyz, Korab, Cam, do deserve to have their designs in YC deals. It might slightly be favoritism, but think about it. When have any of them ever lost a design contest? The answer is not that often. So I think with all the hardwork and dedication they do for the game and the details and realism they put into the game, it's fair. I think compared to others (Not saying other designers don't do alot of work), but they in reality spend way longer on their designs and make honestly really amazing stuff and deserve the recognition. Not to say it's definitely picking favorite, but I am not mad tbh about it.

SANTINO (122903506)
YoWorld Level: 244
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 19, 2009

Forum Posts: 158

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:35 am

Aside from Designers' hairs, I would rather pay than gambling my YC away only to get some rare after buying 15 boxes :dizzy: Someone in the Sticky proposed giving us both options: we can choose whether to get a rare from the crack boxes, or to pay $ and ensure getting a rare. I think this will make everyone happy. Some of us can choose to get a rare from the crack boxes or the AH, and those who don't have the time to keep checking the AH and to buy boxes (only to get 5 or 6 silver hairs which almost nobody wants :dizzy: :grr :grr ) can pay with $ and get a rare with certainty. I'd prefer paying for an Ultra rare as well, than spending a lot of YC and never get one and then still have to spend %#!!& time to compete and pay millions in the AH to win one :dizzy: :sick:

So dear Vikings, please give us both options so everyone can be happy.

Edit: Putting every single item in the Store? We know it will never happen :sad:

Aerosols are important route of transmission beside droplets.They can remain suspended in the air and can travel 15 feet. Indoor environment without good ventilation especially risky

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 410
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015

Forum Posts: 16980
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby Mizz Libra (136290570) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:26 am

Not agreeing with that method. So I boycot it. Neither buying the deals nor looking for the hairs in Auction House.
❤Click signature to visit me ❤
For contests and more check out my Yo group on Facebook: YoZodiacs

Mizz Libra (136290570)
YoWorld Level: 478
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 21, 2009

Forum Posts: 41233
Forum Title: YoManiac

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:26 am

SANTINO (122903506) wrote:Unpopular Opinion, but I do feel like people like Pierre, Kenjeyz, Korab, Cam, do deserve to have their designs in YC deals. It might slightly be favoritism, but think about it. When have any of them ever lost a design contest? The answer is not that often. So I think with all the hardwork and dedication they do for the game and the details and realism they put into the game, it's fair. I think compared to others (Not saying other designers don't do alot of work), but they in reality spend way longer on their designs and make honestly really amazing stuff and deserve the recognition. Not to say it's definitely picking favorite, but I am not mad tbh about it.

They may spend longer creating the items, but they receive no further prizes or money for their item being in a YoCash deal.
Leeum (130695460)
YoWorld Level: 333
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 26120

Postby IceAgeComing (154702431) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:50 am

SANTINO (122903506) wrote:Unpopular Opinion, but I do feel like people like Pierre, Kenjeyz, Korab, Cam, do deserve to have their designs in YC deals. It might slightly be favoritism, but think about it. When have any of them ever lost a design contest? The answer is not that often. So I think with all the hardwork and dedication they do for the game and the details and realism they put into the game, it's fair. I think compared to others (Not saying other designers don't do alot of work), but they in reality spend way longer on their designs and make honestly really amazing stuff and deserve the recognition. Not to say it's definitely picking favorite, but I am not mad tbh about it.

They are amazing designers and probably my favorite designers as well, but this comment comes off a little insensitive to me. How do you know how long other designers spend their time to complete a design? How do you know if its any less time? Do you stand next to them with a stopwatch?

Winners should be treated equally, since they are all winners afterall and people voted for their designs.
IceAgeComing (154702431)
YoWorld Level: 263
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 27, 2010

Forum Posts: 247

Postby SANTINO (122903506) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:51 am

IceAgeComing (154702431) wrote:

They are amazing designers and probably my favorite designers as well, but this comment comes off a little insensitive to me. How do you know how long other designers spend their time to complete a design? How do you know if its any less time? Do you stand next to them with a stopwatch?

Winners should be treated equally, since they are all winners afterall and people voted for their designs.

No offense, but you can tell they take longer based on their details and realism. I am sorry if you felt it came across insensitive, but it's the truth. Through their detail and the overall submitted design, they definitely spend longer on the design. If their designs look better, they deserve to be put on a pedestal and sold in a yocash bundle, point blank period. Everyone else just needs to keep practicing and then their designs can be in yocash deals. :?:

SANTINO (122903506)

Postby Romana Umair (187609863) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:53 am

I agree with santino <3
THEY DESERVE IT

Romana Umair (187609863)
YoWorld Level: 76
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 07, 2018

Forum Posts: 60
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby SANTINO (122903506) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:53 am

Leeum (130695460) wrote:

They may spend longer creating the items, but they receive no further prizes or money for their item being in a YoCash deal.

They recieve more recognition, which is valuable to an artist. It's the harsh reality of life, people who do the best get better treatment.

SANTINO (122903506)

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:32 am

SANTINO (122903506) wrote:
Leeum (130695460) wrote:

They recieve more recognition, which is valuable to an artist. It's the harsh reality of life, people who do the best get better treatment.

Yes but keeping their item behind a paywall isn’t more recognition, it’s a cash grab.
Leeum (130695460)

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:34 am

I would understand the “they deserve it” narrative if these designers received more YoCash/a cut of the money made, but they don’t.

They receive the same prize as everybody else, and BVG makes loads more money. I don’t think treating two designers differently than the others is right.
Leeum (130695460)

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions