Treating Designers Differently?

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: Treating Designers Differently?

Postby Romana Umair (187609863) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:40 am

Leeum (130695460) wrote:I would understand the “they deserve it narrative” if these designers received more YoCash/a cut of the money made, but they don’t.

They receive the same prize as everybody else, and BVG makes loads more money. I don’t think treating two designers differently than the others is right.



they started to give designers their own personal hair that nobody else can get unless the designer sells it. so that one hair could be worth near 1 billion coins. i agree they should give them more. and they should also hire them and start paying them, because if it werent for the dedsigners this game would of been ending. bvg is making money off of them and needs to pay up.
User avatar

Romana Umair (187609863)
YoWorld Level: 76
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 07, 2018
 
Forum Posts: 60
Forum Title: YoNovice

Re: Treating Designers Differently?

Postby Vacuous Retreat (5112507) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:07 am

SANTINO (122903506) wrote:
IceAgeComing (154702431) wrote:
SANTINO (122903506) wrote:Unpopular Opinion, but I do feel like people like Pierre, Kenjeyz, Korab, Cam, do deserve to have their designs in YC deals. It might slightly be favoritism, but think about it. When have any of them ever lost a design contest? The answer is not that often. So I think with all the hardwork and dedication they do for the game and the details and realism they put into the game, it's fair. I think compared to others (Not saying other designers don't do alot of work), but they in reality spend way longer on their designs and make honestly really amazing stuff and deserve the recognition. Not to say it's definitely picking favorite, but I am not mad tbh about it.


They are amazing designers and probably my favorite designers as well, but this comment comes off a little insensitive to me. How do you know how long other designers spend their time to complete a design? How do you know if its any less time? Do you stand next to them with a stopwatch?

Winners should be treated equally, since they are all winners afterall and people voted for their designs.


No offense, but you can tell they take longer based on their details and realism. I am sorry if you felt it came across insensitive, but it's the truth. Through their detail and the overall submitted design, they definitely spend longer on the design. If their designs look better, they deserve to be put on a pedestal and sold in a yocash bundle, point blank period. Everyone else just needs to keep practicing and then their designs can be in yocash deals. :?:


No offense.. but I see no realism..little plastic kardashian like features with caked make up and show as much plastic breasts as possible...I see overtly sexualised plastic dollies. I quite like them and may start copying the trend!
However about time, I don’t think these designs that you speak of could allow these designers a job with BVG...it seems to me they are so meticulous they take too long with each design. So in the real world of profit is king, and time management is of the utmost importance, I don’t believe that they could receive employ. Those that say they should be employed by BVG, are probably right. However if that’s what the designers wanted wouldn’t they apply?
I agree with Ice Age”s comment...lots in the forums have the opinion that the time spent on a design constitutes its value or worth...however there are many levels of abilities and many others put in a lot of time too!

As for the deals Anthony Spacetime expressed the situation here beyond adequately!

:D :thumbsup: :bye:
User avatar

Vacuous Retreat (5112507)
YoWorld Level: 243
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 14, 2008
 
Forum Posts: 1389
Forum Title: YoFollower
Location: The Void

Re: Treating Designers Differently?

Postby Pierre A (187421515) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:44 am

SANTINO (122903506) wrote:
IceAgeComing (154702431) wrote:
SANTINO (122903506) wrote:Unpopular Opinion, but I do feel like people like Pierre, Kenjeyz, Korab, Cam, do deserve to have their designs in YC deals. It might slightly be favoritism, but think about it. When have any of them ever lost a design contest? The answer is not that often. So I think with all the hardwork and dedication they do for the game and the details and realism they put into the game, it's fair. I think compared to others (Not saying other designers don't do alot of work), but they in reality spend way longer on their designs and make honestly really amazing stuff and deserve the recognition. Not to say it's definitely picking favorite, but I am not mad tbh about it.


They are amazing designers and probably my favorite designers as well, but this comment comes off a little insensitive to me. How do you know how long other designers spend their time to complete a design? How do you know if its any less time? Do you stand next to them with a stopwatch?

Winners should be treated equally, since they are all winners afterall and people voted for their designs.


No offense, but you can tell they take longer based on their details and realism. I am sorry if you felt it came across insensitive, but it's the truth. Through their detail and the overall submitted design, they definitely spend longer on the design. If their designs look better, they deserve to be put on a pedestal and sold in a yocash bundle, point blank period. Everyone else just needs to keep practicing and then their designs can be in yocash deals. :?:


I agree with the bolded part. Also, it makes sense that a more detailed design will get a vote over one that is less, that's why practice is the key.
Focus more on quality over quantity, and then anyone will have the chance to get plastic Kardashian dolls in game. :haha: :smug:
Image
User avatar

Pierre A (187421515)
YoWorld Level: 122
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 16, 2017
 
Forum Posts: 473
Forum Title: YoRegular

Re: Treating Designers Differently?

Postby Chua xo (186188531) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:52 am

Actually I've seen that they've been more inclusive to lotso different designers. I mean, truth be told, we see the designs and we eventually know who will win. The visuals are there, and the visuals say a lot. Hence, BVG paved a way for other designers; The honorable ones, they get released too! Isn't that amazing? I don't think it's on treating designers differently. I'm thinking it might be on the popularity statistics and how they will be marketed properly. The number of votes the designs get will determine which items will be in demand, be open for public, will be VIP, and put on YC deals, and hence, will give BVG money. I don't think the decisions are personal to the designers, but more like heavily influenced by statistics and marketing decisions.

On a side note, may my avatar be called a plastic Paris Hilton barbie dollie, I'm not a fan of Kardashians :haha:
Image
User avatar

Chua xo (186188531)
YoWorld Level: 291
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 07, 2015
 
Forum Posts: 4565
Forum Title: YoGroupie
Location: Binondo

Re: Treating Designers Differently?

Postby VanillaValentine (163517351) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:56 am

Pierre A (187421515) wrote:
SANTINO (122903506) wrote:
IceAgeComing (154702431) wrote:
SANTINO (122903506) wrote:Unpopular Opinion, but I do feel like people like Pierre, Kenjeyz, Korab, Cam, do deserve to have their designs in YC deals. It might slightly be favoritism, but think about it. When have any of them ever lost a design contest? The answer is not that often. So I think with all the hardwork and dedication they do for the game and the details and realism they put into the game, it's fair. I think compared to others (Not saying other designers don't do alot of work), but they in reality spend way longer on their designs and make honestly really amazing stuff and deserve the recognition. Not to say it's definitely picking favorite, but I am not mad tbh about it.


They are amazing designers and probably my favorite designers as well, but this comment comes off a little insensitive to me. How do you know how long other designers spend their time to complete a design? How do you know if its any less time? Do you stand next to them with a stopwatch?

Winners should be treated equally, since they are all winners afterall and people voted for their designs.


No offense, but you can tell they take longer based on their details and realism. I am sorry if you felt it came across insensitive, but it's the truth. Through their detail and the overall submitted design, they definitely spend longer on the design. If their designs look better, they deserve to be put on a pedestal and sold in a yocash bundle, point blank period. Everyone else just needs to keep practicing and then their designs can be in yocash deals. :?:


I agree with the bolded part. Also, it makes sense that a more detailed design will get a vote over one that is less, that's why practice is the key.
Focus more on quality over quantity, and then anyone will have the chance to get plastic Kardashian dolls in game. :haha: :smug:


Okay for the record everyone keeps saying Pierre, Cam and Kenjeyz. They are there where they are right now because of hard work. Where’s VanillaValentine huh? Do you all see me ever complain that my designer name is not there in the top 3. I am so tired of seeing people and other designers whine and whine again because they’re not winning. I say countless times...don’t give up!!!! There’s really no need to put one designer down over the other.

You have a choice. Give up, be frustrated and lose OR keep practicing, chin up and win?

It’s a hard road I get that but whining and putting someone else down is not the key to this.

Lemme ask you a question. Why do you design? For fame? For Likes? For recognition? Because if you do, then you’re doing it for the wrong reasons.

I design for myself because I love doing it. Win or Lose it benefits me in real life. End of story.

AND Without bias, I applaud all designers.
Image
Click Signature to go to my Apartment
To See more of my Yoworld Designs: https://www.facebook.com/vvywd/
User avatar
VanillaValentine (163517351)
YoWorld Level: 265
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 24, 2010
 
Forum Posts: 507
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Re: Treating Designers Differently?

Postby KenJeyz (185864839) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:59 am

Chua xo (186188531) wrote:Actually I've seen that they've been more inclusive to lotso different designers. I mean, truth be told, we see the designs and we eventually know who will win. The visuals are there, and the visuals say a lot. Hence, BVG paved a way for other designers; The honorable ones, they get released too! Isn't that amazing? I don't think it's on treating designers differently. I'm thinking it might be on the popularity statistics and how they will be marketed properly. The number of votes the designs get will determine which items will be in demand, be open for public, will be VIP, and put on YC deals, and hence, will give BVG money. I don't think the decisions are personal to the designers, but more like heavily influenced by statistics and marketing decisions.

On a side note, may my avatar be called a plastic Paris Hilton barbie dollie, I'm not a fan of Kardashians :haha:

FRFR Isn't kim just paris' assistant? :sick: Love me some Paris Hilton plastic barbie dollies :love:
User avatar
KenJeyz (185864839)
YoWorld Level: 258
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 11, 2014
 
Forum Posts: 4714
Forum Title: YoGroupie
Location: Location

Re: Treating Designers Differently?

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:05 am

VanillaValentine (163517351) wrote:
Pierre A (187421515) wrote:
SANTINO (122903506) wrote:
IceAgeComing (154702431) wrote:
SANTINO (122903506) wrote:Unpopular Opinion, but I do feel like people like Pierre, Kenjeyz, Korab, Cam, do deserve to have their designs in YC deals. It might slightly be favoritism, but think about it. When have any of them ever lost a design contest? The answer is not that often. So I think with all the hardwork and dedication they do for the game and the details and realism they put into the game, it's fair. I think compared to others (Not saying other designers don't do alot of work), but they in reality spend way longer on their designs and make honestly really amazing stuff and deserve the recognition. Not to say it's definitely picking favorite, but I am not mad tbh about it.


They are amazing designers and probably my favorite designers as well, but this comment comes off a little insensitive to me. How do you know how long other designers spend their time to complete a design? How do you know if its any less time? Do you stand next to them with a stopwatch?

Winners should be treated equally, since they are all winners afterall and people voted for their designs.


No offense, but you can tell they take longer based on their details and realism. I am sorry if you felt it came across insensitive, but it's the truth. Through their detail and the overall submitted design, they definitely spend longer on the design. If their designs look better, they deserve to be put on a pedestal and sold in a yocash bundle, point blank period. Everyone else just needs to keep practicing and then their designs can be in yocash deals. :?:


I agree with the bolded part. Also, it makes sense that a more detailed design will get a vote over one that is less, that's why practice is the key.
Focus more on quality over quantity, and then anyone will have the chance to get plastic Kardashian dolls in game. :haha: :smug:


Okay for the record everyone keeps saying Pierre, Cam and Kenjeyz. They are there where they are right now because of hard work. Where’s VanillaValentine huh? Do you all see me ever complain that my designer name is not there in the top 3. I am so tired of seeing people and other designers whine and whine again because they’re not winning. I say countless times...don’t give up!!!! There’s really no need to put one designer down over the other.

You have a choice. Give up, be frustrated and lose OR keep practicing, chin up and win?

It’s a hard road I get that but whining and putting someone else down is not the key to this.

Lemme ask you a question. Why do you design? For fame? For Likes? For recognition? Because if you do, then you’re doing it for the wrong reasons.

I design for myself because I love doing it. Win or Lose it benefits me in real life. End of story.

AND Without bias, I applaud all designers.


I mentioned your name in a Thank-you thread made by AG, VanillaValentine!! I love your works, so thankyou again :love:

And I love your reason in designing for YW. The best reason :thumbsup:
Image

Image
Aerosols are important route of transmission beside droplets.They can remain suspended in the air and can travel 15 feet. Indoor environment without good ventilation especially risky
User avatar

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 410
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015
 
Forum Posts: 16980
Forum Title: YoFiend
Location: Tokyo

Re: Treating Designers Differently?

Postby AlyssaRose (185638698) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:09 am

VanillaValentine (163517351) wrote:
Pierre A (187421515) wrote:
SANTINO (122903506) wrote:
IceAgeComing (154702431) wrote:
SANTINO (122903506) wrote:Unpopular Opinion, but I do feel like people like Pierre, Kenjeyz, Korab, Cam, do deserve to have their designs in YC deals. It might slightly be favoritism, but think about it. When have any of them ever lost a design contest? The answer is not that often. So I think with all the hardwork and dedication they do for the game and the details and realism they put into the game, it's fair. I think compared to others (Not saying other designers don't do alot of work), but they in reality spend way longer on their designs and make honestly really amazing stuff and deserve the recognition. Not to say it's definitely picking favorite, but I am not mad tbh about it.


They are amazing designers and probably my favorite designers as well, but this comment comes off a little insensitive to me. How do you know how long other designers spend their time to complete a design? How do you know if its any less time? Do you stand next to them with a stopwatch?

Winners should be treated equally, since they are all winners afterall and people voted for their designs.


No offense, but you can tell they take longer based on their details and realism. I am sorry if you felt it came across insensitive, but it's the truth. Through their detail and the overall submitted design, they definitely spend longer on the design. If their designs look better, they deserve to be put on a pedestal and sold in a yocash bundle, point blank period. Everyone else just needs to keep practicing and then their designs can be in yocash deals. :?:


I agree with the bolded part. Also, it makes sense that a more detailed design will get a vote over one that is less, that's why practice is the key.
Focus more on quality over quantity, and then anyone will have the chance to get plastic Kardashian dolls in game. :haha: :smug:


Okay for the record everyone keeps saying Pierre, Cam and Kenjeyz. They are there where they are right now because of hard work. Where’s VanillaValentine huh? Do you all see me ever complain that my designer name is not there in the top 3. I am so tired of seeing people and other designers whine and whine again because they’re not winning. I say countless times...don’t give up!!!! There’s really no need to put one designer down over the other.

You have a choice. Give up, be frustrated and lose OR keep practicing, chin up and win?

It’s a hard road I get that but whining and putting someone else down is not the key to this.

Lemme ask you a question. Why do you design? For fame? For Likes? For recognition? Because if you do, then you’re doing it for the wrong reasons.

I design for myself because I love doing it. Win or Lose it benefits me in real life. End of story.

AND Without bias, I applaud all designers.


period girl !! what you say on fb and forums really inspires me to keep designing and entering contests. much love :heart:
Image
User avatar

AlyssaRose (185638698)
YoWorld Level: 268
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 07, 2014
 
Forum Posts: 3396
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Re: Treating Designers Differently?

Postby Cam (184561840) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:12 am

VanillaValentine (163517351) wrote:
Pierre A (187421515) wrote:
SANTINO (122903506) wrote:
IceAgeComing (154702431) wrote:
SANTINO (122903506) wrote:Unpopular Opinion, but I do feel like people like Pierre, Kenjeyz, Korab, Cam, do deserve to have their designs in YC deals. It might slightly be favoritism, but think about it. When have any of them ever lost a design contest? The answer is not that often. So I think with all the hardwork and dedication they do for the game and the details and realism they put into the game, it's fair. I think compared to others (Not saying other designers don't do alot of work), but they in reality spend way longer on their designs and make honestly really amazing stuff and deserve the recognition. Not to say it's definitely picking favorite, but I am not mad tbh about it.


They are amazing designers and probably my favorite designers as well, but this comment comes off a little insensitive to me. How do you know how long other designers spend their time to complete a design? How do you know if its any less time? Do you stand next to them with a stopwatch?

Winners should be treated equally, since they are all winners afterall and people voted for their designs.


No offense, but you can tell they take longer based on their details and realism. I am sorry if you felt it came across insensitive, but it's the truth. Through their detail and the overall submitted design, they definitely spend longer on the design. If their designs look better, they deserve to be put on a pedestal and sold in a yocash bundle, point blank period. Everyone else just needs to keep practicing and then their designs can be in yocash deals. :?:


I agree with the bolded part. Also, it makes sense that a more detailed design will get a vote over one that is less, that's why practice is the key.
Focus more on quality over quantity, and then anyone will have the chance to get plastic Kardashian dolls in game. :haha: :smug:


Okay for the record everyone keeps saying Pierre, Cam and Kenjeyz. They are there where they are right now because of hard work. Where’s VanillaValentine huh? Do you all see me ever complain that my designer name is not there in the top 3. I am so tired of seeing people and other designers whine and whine again because they’re not winning. I say countless times...don’t give up!!!! There’s really no need to put one designer down over the other.

You have a choice. Give up, be frustrated and lose OR keep practicing, chin up and win?

It’s a hard road I get that but whining and putting someone else down is not the key to this.

Lemme ask you a question. Why do you design? For fame? For Likes? For recognition? Because if you do, then you’re doing it for the wrong reasons.

I design for myself because I love doing it. Win or Lose it benefits me in real life. End of story.

AND Without bias, I applaud all designers.


You said it best. Every single person who starts anything, not just designing, will start from the bottom. It's those who take it upon themselves to practice and improve who will succeed and stand out. It's inconsiderate, insensitive people with their comments who will try to tear you down during the process, and will continue to do so even when you have succeeded, but if you stay true to yourself, keep on practicing and putting your all into your designs you will make it.

Exactly as you put it, those who are designing just for the fame and likes will not. For most of us it is our passion, and I'm sure that comes across in our designs too. For those who complain about those winning, take it upon yourself to practice practice practice and you too will see your designs in game. Don't tear other people down just to satisfy your loss.
User avatar

Cam (184561840)
YoWorld Level: 294
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 04, 2013
 
Forum Posts: 4888
Forum Title: YoGroupie
Location: Mars

Re: Treating Designers Differently?

Postby jitterbug (11632831) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:42 am

They did this with KinDa when her male came out like earlier this year, it was so annoying
Image
User avatar

jitterbug (11632831)
YoWorld Level: 281
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 15, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 3885
Forum Title: YoAficionado
Location: Neverland

Re: Treating Designers Differently?

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:47 am

jitterbug (11632831) wrote:They did this with KinDa when her male came out like earlier this year, it was so annoying


I really don't think it's right :dizzy:
Image
User avatar
Leeum (130695460)
YoWorld Level: 333
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 23, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 26120
Forum Title: YoManiac

Re: Treating Designers Differently?

Postby IceAgeComing (154702431) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:47 am

Cam (184561840) wrote:You said it best. Every single person who starts anything, not just designing, will start from the bottom. It's those who take it upon themselves to practice and improve who will succeed and stand out. It's inconsiderate, insensitive people with their comments who will try to tear you down during the process, and will continue to do so even when you have succeeded, but if you stay true to yourself, keep on practicing and putting your all into your designs you will make it.

Exactly as you put it, those who are designing just for the fame and likes will not. For most of us it is our passion, and I'm sure that comes across in our designs too. For those who complain about those winning, take it upon yourself to practice practice practice and you too will see your designs in game. Don't tear other people down just to satisfy your loss.


Beautifully said :thumbsup:
User avatar
IceAgeComing (154702431)
YoWorld Level: 263
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 27, 2010
 
Forum Posts: 247
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Re: Treating Designers Differently?

Postby jitterbug (11632831) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:47 am

Polygon Pervert (5112507) wrote:
SANTINO (122903506) wrote:
IceAgeComing (154702431) wrote:
SANTINO (122903506) wrote:Unpopular Opinion, but I do feel like people like Pierre, Kenjeyz, Korab, Cam, do deserve to have their designs in YC deals. It might slightly be favoritism, but think about it. When have any of them ever lost a design contest? The answer is not that often. So I think with all the hardwork and dedication they do for the game and the details and realism they put into the game, it's fair. I think compared to others (Not saying other designers don't do alot of work), but they in reality spend way longer on their designs and make honestly really amazing stuff and deserve the recognition. Not to say it's definitely picking favorite, but I am not mad tbh about it.


They are amazing designers and probably my favorite designers as well, but this comment comes off a little insensitive to me. How do you know how long other designers spend their time to complete a design? How do you know if its any less time? Do you stand next to them with a stopwatch?

Winners should be treated equally, since they are all winners afterall and people voted for their designs.


No offense, but you can tell they take longer based on their details and realism. I am sorry if you felt it came across insensitive, but it's the truth. Through their detail and the overall submitted design, they definitely spend longer on the design. If their designs look better, they deserve to be put on a pedestal and sold in a yocash bundle, point blank period. Everyone else just needs to keep practicing and then their designs can be in yocash deals. :?:


No offense.. but I see no realism..little plastic kardashian like features with caked make up and show as much plastic breasts as possible...I see overtly sexualised plastic dollies. I quite like them and may start copying the trend!
However about time, I don’t think these designs that you speak of could allow these designers a job with BVG...it seems to me they are so meticulous they take too long with each design. So in the real world of profit is king, and time management is of the utmost importance, I don’t believe that they could receive employ. Those that say they should be employed by BVG, are probably right. However if that’s what the designers wanted wouldn’t they apply?
I agree with Ice Age”s comment...lots in the forums have the opinion that the time spent on a design constitutes its value or worth...however there are many levels of abilities and many others put in a lot of time too!

As for the deals Anthony Spacetime expressed the situation here beyond adequately!

:D :thumbsup: :bye:


No offence... but your comment is cynical. Sexual plastic dollies sell sis, maybe your designs would be voted for if they were any good

thnx for coming to my TED talk
Image
User avatar

jitterbug (11632831)
YoWorld Level: 281
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 15, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 3885
Forum Title: YoAficionado
Location: Neverland

Re: Treating Designers Differently?

Postby Pixetta (111757268) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:50 am

I just want to point out that everyone Designs differently. There is no correct or right way to design.
User avatar

Pixetta (111757268)
YoWorld Level: 281
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 03, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 575
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Re: Treating Designers Differently?

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:51 am

Pixetta (111757268) wrote:I just want to point out that everyone Designs differently. There is no correct or right way to design.


:hug:
Image
User avatar
Leeum (130695460)
YoWorld Level: 333
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 23, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 26120
Forum Title: YoManiac

Re: Treating Designers Differently?

Postby Miss TiFied (8432514) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:07 pm

Looking for rhyme or reason was always gonna end in tears, Liam :dizzy: :haha:

:hug:
Image
ImageImage
User avatar

Miss TiFied (8432514)
YoWorld Level: 353
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 01, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 8401
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Re: Treating Designers Differently?

Postby SANTINO (122903506) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:12 pm

Cam (184561840) wrote:
VanillaValentine (163517351) wrote:
Pierre A (187421515) wrote:
SANTINO (122903506) wrote:
IceAgeComing (154702431) wrote:
SANTINO (122903506) wrote:Unpopular Opinion, but I do feel like people like Pierre, Kenjeyz, Korab, Cam, do deserve to have their designs in YC deals. It might slightly be favoritism, but think about it. When have any of them ever lost a design contest? The answer is not that often. So I think with all the hardwork and dedication they do for the game and the details and realism they put into the game, it's fair. I think compared to others (Not saying other designers don't do alot of work), but they in reality spend way longer on their designs and make honestly really amazing stuff and deserve the recognition. Not to say it's definitely picking favorite, but I am not mad tbh about it.


They are amazing designers and probably my favorite designers as well, but this comment comes off a little insensitive to me. How do you know how long other designers spend their time to complete a design? How do you know if its any less time? Do you stand next to them with a stopwatch?

Winners should be treated equally, since they are all winners afterall and people voted for their designs.


No offense, but you can tell they take longer based on their details and realism. I am sorry if you felt it came across insensitive, but it's the truth. Through their detail and the overall submitted design, they definitely spend longer on the design. If their designs look better, they deserve to be put on a pedestal and sold in a yocash bundle, point blank period. Everyone else just needs to keep practicing and then their designs can be in yocash deals. :?:


I agree with the bolded part. Also, it makes sense that a more detailed design will get a vote over one that is less, that's why practice is the key.
Focus more on quality over quantity, and then anyone will have the chance to get plastic Kardashian dolls in game. :haha: :smug:


Okay for the record everyone keeps saying Pierre, Cam and Kenjeyz. They are there where they are right now because of hard work. Where’s VanillaValentine huh? Do you all see me ever complain that my designer name is not there in the top 3. I am so tired of seeing people and other designers whine and whine again because they’re not winning. I say countless times...don’t give up!!!! There’s really no need to put one designer down over the other.

You have a choice. Give up, be frustrated and lose OR keep practicing, chin up and win?

It’s a hard road I get that but whining and putting someone else down is not the key to this.

Lemme ask you a question. Why do you design? For fame? For Likes? For recognition? Because if you do, then you’re doing it for the wrong reasons.

I design for myself because I love doing it. Win or Lose it benefits me in real life. End of story.

AND Without bias, I applaud all designers.


You said it best. Every single person who starts anything, not just designing, will start from the bottom. It's those who take it upon themselves to practice and improve who will succeed and stand out. It's inconsiderate, insensitive people with their comments who will try to tear you down during the process, and will continue to do so even when you have succeeded, but if you stay true to yourself, keep on practicing and putting your all into your designs you will make it.

Exactly as you put it, those who are designing just for the fame and likes will not. For most of us it is our passion, and I'm sure that comes across in our designs too. For those who complain about those winning, take it upon yourself to practice practice practice and you too will see your designs in game. Don't tear other people down just to satisfy your loss.


Absolutely agree with this. I remember when your designs were very minimal and I just knew you would be big! Practice is the key to making it and honestly you guys deserve to have your hairs in there. You definitely have improved over the years and as a friend, I am proud of you Cam. :heart:
User avatar

SANTINO (122903506)
YoWorld Level: 244
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 19, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 158
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Re: Treating Designers Differently?

Postby Lou Cipher (126579776) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:40 pm

And this is why any real discussion about designers is impossible. People get pissy and things deteriorate into personal attacks.

Image
Image

I loved her not for the way she danced with my angels, but for the way the sound of her name silenced my demons....Christopher Nolan
User avatar
Lou Cipher (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 335
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 41757
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend
Location: Presiding Over Mayhem & Nonsense

Re: Treating Designers Differently?

Postby DianaBanana (111036364) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:02 pm

VladTheInhaler (126579776) wrote:And this is why any real discussion about designers is impossible. People get pissy and things deteriorate into personal attacks.

Image



amen, brother rod! i don't comment on design gabbing threads cause i'm not even qualified to give my opinion. i have absolutely not one milligram of designing talent in my old body and never will. so i admire all those who even submit their designs. imho it takes courage to put something you made out there for every single yo who wants to and will examine your design with their own fine toothed comb.
i know what i like in desgins is my only talent and some would disagree with that statement, i'm sure. i love these little plastic kardasian, paris hilton and whoevers the latest rage dollies. like dolly parton said "it ain't easy to look this cheap". :haha: this is a game for each of us to use our imaginenation and create our own little world to live in for awhile and if we like plastic dolls, then more power to each of us. it comes back to the you don't like, don't buy. :D and i'm always very careful when i critize those who can do something i can't and couldn't do if my life depended on it. i say designers, keep on keeping on and give em all hell while you're at it.
Image

i'm quite often politically incorrect, not intentionally, only by an age gap. just let it go, please. no malice usually intended.
don't piss off older people cause the thought of life in prison is less of a deterrent.
User avatar

DianaBanana (111036364)
YoWorld Level: 385
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 31, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 12901
Forum Title: YoWild

Re: Treating Designers Differently?

Postby DonnaSue Latorio (187546514) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:07 pm

Wow - just wow!! See it's comments like a lot of the ones I've read that make me NOT want to keep pushing forward. I probably (no definitely) put more time into my digital entries than the big names simply because I"m not as experienced. Thankfully THOSE people encourage others to keep going and better themselves. AND it's exactly the comments above that made me decide to NOT try to finish my Xmas outfit. I mean even with Mum in the hospital and shading giving me an issue, I could have done the shoes and had something to submit.

So here's a tip for y'all -- QUIT THE TEARING DOWN OF DESIGNERS JUST BECAUSE THEY'RE NOT ON YOUR TOP TIER.

I've already started a Valentine outfit on the hopes we have a contest but if this is what is going to happen, I probably won't bother with that one either. But shout out to Cam, Pix and Vanilla who have ALL given me support and encouragement through my learning process.
User avatar

DonnaSue Latorio (187546514)
YoWorld Level: 344
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 13, 2017
 
Forum Posts: 661
Forum Title: YoSupporter

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions