Unfair Gem Voting

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: Unfair Gem Voting

Postby Lou Cipher (126579776) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:48 pm

Adeline PINK (113719515) wrote:
Meadow (152618059) wrote:Depending on the event, I rarely get below a 4.5, only twice. I only play because there is usually crap in the store, I mean who needs another bike rack. I usually score in the 5.6 or 5.7 which should not be a pisser but it is, because I read somewhere that on 5.8 is given to 3 percent of players and a Viking wrote that, I think Andrew. So I think when you reach a certain point the higher scores go into a lottery and it is much like buying a crack box, as in hair, as to who wins. Some have better luck than others. That is why I know longer participate in the treads where u show your scores, even when I get a 5.8, to me it just feeds the idea that the contest is won by ability and not by luck. If you think otherwise that is your opinion, this is mine. Entering is at your own risk and peace of mind :drink:

Now this is interesting! We should be told by BigV if only 3 percent of the players are given 5.8 and how that is determined by BigV and not by our fellow players by voting.

And I agree, many of the pictures posted do NOT show ability.
Thanks for posting this.

This is why I say ANY raw score with no bonus above a 4.5 is a great score. Everything between a 4.5 and a 5 is a winning outfit. They should all be perfect. The differences between them are all LUCK in my opinion. I'm not trying to diminish the effort of anyone who gets a perfect score at all. I'm sure every player who has gotten a perfect 5 has other entries they've made that they felt were BETTER than their perfect 5. That's LUCK and nothing more or less.

And while I don't know for a fact that we are grouped with the same knuckleheads for both entries and scoring, I strongly suspect that we are. There's no way certain accounts should be statistically drawing more perfect scores, unless they are constantly in a weaker pool of entries or a weaker pool of judges.

I'd love 10 minutes behind the curtain with the code and algorithms behind gem events. My audit report would be scathing......... :smug:

I loved her not for the way she danced with my angels, but for the way the sound of her name silenced my demons....Christopher Nolan
Lou Cipher (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 335
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 41755
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby voodoosue (118968402) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:58 pm

JulieHootieScraps (108384802) wrote:
Meadow (152618059) wrote:Depending on the event, I rarely get below a 4.5, only twice. I only play because there is usually crap in the store, I mean who needs another bike rack. I usually score in the 5.6 or 5.7 which should not be a pisser but it is, because I read somewhere that on 5.8 is given to 3 percent of players and a Viking wrote that, I think Andrew. So I think when you reach a certain point the higher scores go into a lottery and it is much like buying a crack box, as in hair, as to who wins. Some have better luck than others. That is why I know longer participate in the treads where u show your scores, even when I get a 5.8, to me it just feeds the idea that the contest is won by ability and not by luck. If you think otherwise that is your opinion, this is mine. Entering is at your own risk and peace of mind :drink:

Now this is interesting! We should be told by BigV if only 3 percent of the players are given 5.8 and how that is determined by BigV and not by our fellow players by voting.

Thanks for posting this.

This in NO WAY accounts for nor explains why some people consistantly get 5.8s, sometimes several per GE, when others rarely or never get it. I am not talking about skill levels as clearly there are many entries in every single contest that are equally worthy of high scores, yet they receive lower ones. And there is no reason ever for someone who has filled the bonus meter, to score below 4.5 That is insulting and humiliating.

:thumbsup: yup julie i cant begin to think :?: :yawn: how many times the SAME people over and over keep posting 5.8 in events and as you've pointed out more then once on same theme :quiet:
you cant tell me these people are just very lucky.. and not all of their rooms were always IMO worthy of those scores :?:
something truly is fishy ... thats why people give up it does burst your hopes bubble knowing you probably never stood a chance no matter how hard you try :sad:
IM JUST IRRELEVANT AND INVISIBLE

some people should use a glue stick instead of chap stick
ImageImage

voodoosue (118968402)
YoWorld Level: 349
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 02, 2009

Forum Posts: 7846
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby voodoosue (118968402) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:01 pm

Enduv Daline (126579776) wrote:

Thanks for posting this.

This is why I say ANY raw score with no bonus above a 4.5 is a great score. Everything between a 4.5 and a 5 is a winning outfit. They should all be perfect. The differences between them are all LUCK in my opinion. I'm not trying to diminish the effort of anyone who gets a perfect score at all. I'm sure every player who has gotten a perfect 5 has other entries they've made that they felt were BETTER than their perfect 5. That's LUCK and nothing more or less.

And while I don't know for a fact that we are grouped with the same knuckleheads for both entries and scoring, I strongly suspect that we are. There's no way certain accounts should be statistically drawing more perfect scores, unless they are constantly in a weaker pool of entries or a weaker pool of judges.

I'd love 10 minutes behind the curtain with the code and algorithms behind gem events. My audit report would be scathing......... :smug:

i would pay for a copy of that report rod :haha: :haha: :devil:
IM JUST IRRELEVANT AND INVISIBLE

some people should use a glue stick instead of chap stick
ImageImage

voodoosue (118968402)
YoWorld Level: 349
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 02, 2009

Forum Posts: 7846
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Adeline PINK (113719515) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:53 pm

voodoosue (118968402) wrote:
Enduv Daline (126579776) wrote:

Thanks for posting this.

i would pay for a copy of that report rod :haha: :haha: :devil:

So would I.

Adeline PINK (113719515)
YoWorld Level: 382
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 10788
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Meadow (152618059) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:35 am

JulieHootieScraps (108384802) wrote:

Thanks for posting this.

This in NO WAY accounts for nor explains why some people consistantly get 5.8s, sometimes several per GE, when others rarely or never get it. I am not talking about skill levels as clearly there are many entries in every single contest that are equally worthy of high scores, yet they receive lower ones. And there is no reason ever for someone who has filled the bonus meter, to score below 4.5 That is insulting and humiliating.

Gee Julie thanks for clarifying this for me, took so long for me to answer as I was busy living my life, and just caught up on my threads, I don't know what I would do without you trying to get me to see the error of my ways, think you could just move in with me and tell we what I REALLY mean, when I post something and whether it is relative to what the thread or not :drink:
As to the rest of those posting, I did see where Andrew or one of the other Vikings had posted three percent, so if it is incorrect it is for them to correct me, and yes they should clarify the way those three percent or how the 5.8's are picked. If I offended those who made a 5.8 sorry, I to make them so I consider you to be in good company :smug: But I do believe it has to do with luck, consider how many post you have seen where someone bought 15 hair boxes only to get repeats of how many polor blue and someone bought one and got the ultra rare. I have gotten those ultra rare on one box, and surprise, SOMEONE on this forum have questioned my honesty on this forum. The mistrust on the forum and even in the threads have us posting pics and PROOF that you truly won, The game uses alogarythms to decide who gets a 5.8 as it does with all the crack boxes, at heart it is a GAMBLE, and has nothing to do with skill, and this Julie is why the person did not get above a 4.5, not the voting ect. and if you hold your breath waiting for them to explain you will just turn blue :haha:
Better to be infamous than not famous at all...Roger Stone d=h83636232

Meadow (152618059)
YoWorld Level: 348
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 10, 2010

Forum Posts: 1747
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:03 am

This is to Meadow, who I will not quote: I don't know why you took my comment personally as this is a discussion by many people. However, in the future, I would appreciate it if you just put me on FOE and don't talk to me. I am as entitled to my opinion on GE voting and scoring as you are. If you somehow thought I was attacking you instead of merely disagreeing, then you are 100% wrong.

And the algorhythm theory does not explain why the same people constantly get higher scores and many 5.8s, while others score low. If the GE scoring is a lottery, then the same people would rarely win & it would be more spread out. It is not.
*You don't fool me.* Silence is golden; duct tape is silver.
“You become like the five people you spend the most time with. Choose carefully.” Jim Rohn

JulieHootieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 18023
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby StephMarie (129969826) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:10 am

I didn't see the post by the Viking who made the 3% comment, so I could be wrong... but I wonder if they just meant when averaged out that's about how many entries typically receive perfect scores. And not that they're purposely limiting it to that amount on their end?

StephMarie (129969826)
YoWorld Level: 298
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 19, 2009

Forum Posts: 3983
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Alicen Chains (155870363) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:34 am

I don't think I've trusted voting scores since that contest (npc?) and some people got 5.8's but were disqualified because they weren't "true 5.8's". Dont ask me to explain because I still don't understand it.
I also dont understand the idea of getting an automatic 4.5 because you add full boost. BVG said we all start at 3.5 base score so even if you add .80 that still only gets you to 4.3.
I personally vote on creativity and how easy it is on the eyes instead of descriptions and sticking to theme so I'm probably part of the problem.

Alicen Chains (155870363)
YoWorld Level: 316
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 06, 2010

Forum Posts: 12640
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby StephMarie (129969826) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:05 am

People use different criteria to vote, have different tastes, and some just click on anything just to get through it as fast as they can to earn their gems. I learned early on not to bother spending a lot of time on my entries or spend YoCash filling the boost bar unless I've already purchased the items unrelated to the gem event.

I just try to meet the brief and move on. It's rare if I don't get at least a 4.5, which is the only thing I'm ever shooting for. But yeah, if you've met the brief and filled the boost bar, that would be incredibly unlucky if you don't get at least the 4.5. I think that has to be pretty rare.

StephMarie (129969826)

Postby Cher (186289840) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:13 am

This is why I stopped taking part long ago. And they really don't care about our feedback.
Cher (186289840)
YoWorld Level: 320
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 10, 2015

Forum Posts: 1391
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby Adeline PINK (113719515) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:18 am

I am waiting with bated breath to see the results today. I had to go through all allotted to me to vote on twice in order to find 5 that I thought fit the criteria at all. I saw many that were repeats. I saw many that I question had the elements required to even enter. What made it even worse was the game crapping out on us while we were trying to vote. I was appalled and am definitely reconsidering my participation in these in the future.
As far as what we have seen for winners in the past, I have to heartedly agree that something appears to be definitely off. Some of the designs did not deserve 5.8 as far as I am concerned. And many deserved far better than what they got. If people are really just choosing the first five they see, that is how it is and we have to like it or lump it. If it is something else, what is it.

Since all of this appears to be a gamble which means it costs me money, I feel I have a right to know how it works.

As far as people getting testy and accusatory on this thread, seriously, why? Don't we all want the same thing here?

Adeline PINK (113719515)

Postby Meadow (152618059) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:20 am

Cher (186289840) wrote:This is why I stopped taking part long ago. And they really don't care about our feedback.

I agree they really don't care :drink:
Better to be infamous than not famous at all...Roger Stone d=h83636232

Meadow (152618059)
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 10, 2010

Forum Posts: 1747
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby StephMarie (129969826) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:23 am

Adeline PINK (113719515) wrote:I am waiting with bated breath to see the results today. I had to go through all allotted to me to vote on twice in order to find 5 that I thought fit the criteria at all. I saw many that were repeats. I saw many that I question had the elements required to even enter. What made it even worse was the game crapping out on us while we were trying to vote. I was appalled and am definitely reconsidering my participation in these in the future.
As far as what we have seen for winners in the past, I have to heartedly agree that something appears to be definitely off. Some of the designs did not deserve 5.8 as far as I am concerned. And many deserved far better than what they got. If people are really just choosing the first five they see, that is how it is and we have to like it or lump it. If it is something else, what is it.

Since all of this appears to be a gamble which means it costs me money, I feel I have a right to know how it works.

As far as people getting testy and accusatory on this thread, seriously, why? Don't we all want the same thing here?

It felt like I had to skip more than usual this time around when voting. It seemed like hardly anyone read the brief. If we had to leave it up to these people to scare us out of getting invaded, we'd all be dead! :haha:

StephMarie (129969826)

Postby Adeline PINK (113719515) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:39 am

StephMarie (129969826) wrote:[quote="Adeline PINK (113719515)".

It felt like I had to skip more than usual this time around when voting. It seemed like hardly anyone read the brief. If we had to leave it up to these people to scare us out of getting invaded, we'd all be dead! :haha:

Lol. You definitely are on the money with this one. LOL.

Adeline PINK (113719515)

Postby Miss Cocoa (110881004) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:40 am

StephMarie (129969826) wrote:
Adeline PINK (113719515) wrote:I am waiting with bated breath to see the results today. I had to go through all allotted to me to vote on twice in order to find 5 that I thought fit the criteria at all. I saw many that were repeats. I saw many that I question had the elements required to even enter. What made it even worse was the game crapping out on us while we were trying to vote. I was appalled and am definitely reconsidering my participation in these in the future.

a while ago someone had posted something about seeing heaps of entries not going by the description, quite a few people said they just go by the title of the entry and dont read the description so their rooms/outfits would be so very different.
nothing special here

Miss Cocoa (110881004)
YoWorld Level: 347
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 30, 2009

Forum Posts: 724
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Adeline PINK (113719515) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:47 am

Miss Cocoa (110881004) wrote:

a while ago someone had posted something about seeing heaps of entries not going by the description, quite a few people said they just go by the title of the entry and dont read the description so their rooms/outfits would be so very different.

What I am really curious about are the rooms that had two or 3 coin pumpkins in them and nothing else and already had four stars. I would think it would be impossible to even submit those? And 4 stars - sometimes 5?

Adeline PINK (113719515)

Postby Pinkylola (235554) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:50 am

That sound like something I would do. o_o
Image ImageImage
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient, I will get to you shortly.

Pinkylola (235554)
YoWorld Level: 308
YoWorld Start Date: May 31, 2008

Forum Posts: 17688
Forum Title: Auction House Hero

Postby Miss Cocoa (110881004) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:58 am

What I am really curious about are the rooms that had two or 3 coin pumpkins in them and nothing else and already had four stars. I would think it would be impossible to even submit those? And 4 stars - sometimes 5?

yeah i seen allot of those, i have even seen empty rooms and invisible outfits, i am hoping something went wrong when submitting them or maybe they hid stuff in the corners of the rooms.
nothing special here

Miss Cocoa (110881004)
YoWorld Level: 347
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 30, 2009

Forum Posts: 724
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Autumn Glory (105171200) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:02 am

You can hide items. As far as scores voting is subjective for sure.
Image Image
"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." ` Aesop

Autumn Glory (105171200)
YoWorld Level: 324
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 13873
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Snorty (3054329) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:40 pm

Well, seeing as I ended up with a 3.2 plus my .2 bonus, I am going to agree. I thought my street was spooky and fit the brief but evidently, I dont deserve any gems at all. I knew there was a reason I quit playing the gem event. It just gets me annoyed and my feelings bruised!
Live your life the way you choose. Let me do the same. Just remember that your way is not my way and we will get along just fine.
my giveaway home. 3-4 items max please and tell me what room its in.
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h13315429

Snorty (3054329)
YoWorld Level: 345
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 01, 2008

Forum Posts: 11448

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions