Unfair Gem Voting

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: Unfair Gem Voting

Postby Toink Toink (117686344) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:56 pm

Nice entry. Look like Joan Collins.
We are out of rice krispies har har

Toink Toink (117686344)
YoWorld Level: 384
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 8818
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: Near the kitchen cause kitchen got food .. nom nom like pig

Postby Fiore (155677018) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:26 pm

Pinkylola (235554) wrote:Image

:haha:
I love that gif :D

Fiore (155677018)
YoWorld Level: 269
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 05, 2010

Forum Posts: 11936
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Fiore (155677018) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:29 pm

Your entry deserved higher, Stephy! The voting system really sucks :(

Fiore (155677018)
YoWorld Level: 269
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 05, 2010

Forum Posts: 11936

Postby Jennifer (108689685) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:46 pm

Dear Vikings,
I'm not happy with the current way the gem event game is set up either. It's a shame because I do see the potential for fun with gem events. So, I did some thinking, and these are some of my constructive suggestions.

1. Daily hangout goals for unlocking tiers should be relaxed. Life happens, people get absent minded, having to participate in 27 of the 28 daily hangouts to unlock all the tiers, isn't a realistic goal. It's sets the player up for failure. It's also a potential loss in revenue for the company. Unlocked tiers = no yocash spent.
2. Daily hangouts should be quick and easy. Having to coordinate getting three buddies before completing an action can be time consuming and frustrating.... :grr frustration does not= fun.
3. Relax the bonus design and costume contests. Keep the yocash prize separate for a perfect score, but insure that player participation in the contests gets you enough points for all bonus items, regardless of how others score you. It's an easy fix so people can't ruin the game for others.
4.The cost to participate, doesn't always seem to equal the rewards. Maybe make some adjusting.

Those are my ideas, I'm sure others have more. I figure, it can't hurt to make suggestions. :)

Jennifer (108689685)
YoWorld Level: 451
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 14, 2009

Forum Posts: 4099
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby ll Sweet T LiSHis ll (22112) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:29 am

This happened to me, as well. I got a 4.3, with full boost. It's not the best outfit, but it's not yadda either. I passed by a dozen voting choices that had 5 stars, and they were barely following the brief.

ll Sweet T LiSHis ll (22112)
YoWorld Level: 306
YoWorld Start Date: May 14, 2008

Forum Posts: 418
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby Sam Holmes (139381965) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:56 am

ll Sweet T LiSHis ll (22112) wrote:This happened to me, as well. I got a 4.3, with full boost. It's not the best outfit, but it's not yadda either. I passed by a dozen voting choices that had 5 stars, and they were barely following the brief.

I actually love your outfit... many outfit entries often don't reflect how awesome they are. :love:

Sam Holmes (139381965)
YoWorld Level: 365
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 25127
Forum Title: YoManiac

Postby Vanessa (185747144) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:15 am

I vote for which entry that I think is nicer. I know some use many current theme yocash items on their entries and that does help their boost but, just because someone used 10 different themed yocash items shouldn't automatically mean they get the vote. I've seen several ugly entries that were decked out in current theme and I do not vote for them because their entry is not pleasing to my eyes. On the other hand, there have also been times when I have seen some funny entries that have me laughing out loud. They end up getting my vote. One day I think the challenge was something about a date. This little Yo dude was wearing something like shoes and a pair of boxers carrying a bottle of balsamic vinegar. Then, more recently (maybe the previous clothing challenge) a new voting page popped up in front of me and this Yo dude had a big toothy smile and HUGE bulging eyes.
:haha: :haha: :haha: That person got my vote simply for making me laugh.

It's not just these challenges that I do this with either. When one of my friends posts on social media wanting everyone to go to a site and vote for their kid or grandkid or whatever because they want to win, I look at the entries and I say to myself, "umm, sorry not voting for you just so you can win, I've seen several other entries from other people that posted pictures that are cuter/sweeter/prettier or more interesting than the one you posted.
:shh: That's me... :shh:
Vanessa (185747144)
YoWorld Level: 224
YoWorld Start Date: May 20, 2014

Forum Posts: 10
Forum Title: YoRookie

Postby Xx Peach xX (143363031) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:39 am

TBH a big part of it is just luck- the person voting can either have a diff style than you, or is just clicking anything to get the 25 gems. I personally spend maximum 5 - 10 minutes dressing up my avi and maximum 5 minutes decorating because I don't like decorating and honestly I just want the 100 gems, and what I get is what I get… I remember actually caring about how my room looked back in 2018 lol… but hey I'm no more disappointed with what I get: if I get 250 then pure luck, if I get 50 then that's what I deserve (for room)- but I usually get 50 because I don't fill the theme bar up for decoration. I personally think the outfits I do are nice, not 5.8 nice, but nice esp with that short time.
I LOVE Gem events, they're basically just free coins… & the amount of coins I made from this Gem Event and we've only just started :love:
Adopt Black Cats <3 They’re underrated and deserve all the love
Xx Peach xX (143363031)
YoWorld Level: 273
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 31, 2009

Forum Posts: 5357
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Adeline PINK (113719515) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:07 am

ll Sweet T LiSHis ll (22112) wrote:This happened to me, as well. I got a 4.3, with full boost. It's not the best outfit, but it's not yadda either. I passed by a dozen voting choices that had 5 stars, and they were barely following the brief.

My God, you were robbed - just robbed. You actually went for the mood and spirit of the challenge and you got this lousy score? NOT RIGHT BigV. Not Right at all. I love what you did and you were definitely robbed. This whole thing needs revamping but they are so busy right now I don't think they will get to it.

Adeline PINK (113719515)
YoWorld Level: 382
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 10771

Postby XxPurpleHazexX (139135464) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:38 pm

Wow, everyone looks great! I did use mostly items from this theme and received a 5.1. I usually do and receive a 4. something. I was shocked. I just vote for the one that looks the nicest, I never really though about it. OP looks amazing. I guess it matters who you get paired with. I think it should be random. They should choose ten and it's a different combo for each time you are voted on.

XxPurpleHazexX (139135464)
YoWorld Level: 288
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 07, 2009

Forum Posts: 9579

Postby XxPurpleHazexX (139135464) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:40 pm

I think this is amazing! :heart:

XxPurpleHazexX (139135464)
YoWorld Level: 288
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 07, 2009

Forum Posts: 9579

Postby Straw (116376068) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:45 pm

The room gem contest is even worse.

Straw (116376068)
YoWorld Level: 305
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 3166
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Goddess Zane (2435988) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:46 pm

Bugs and random selection aside, voting is entirely incumbent on our fellow players, is it not? Am I misled on this?

Goddess Zane (2435988)
YoWorld Level: 358
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 04, 2008

Forum Posts: 789
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Starsfan (8698959) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:46 pm

I totally agree, that the voting is far from fair! I have had full boost numerous times and only wind up with a 4.3! A lot of the times , I see where none of the actual descriptions are added, yet they have higher scores! I think people are fed up with this gem game and just click whatever! I mean tons add dogs into the photo where no one in their right mind would bring a dog to! It's time to find a new challenge!
Starsfan (8698959)
YoWorld Level: 334
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 05, 2009

Forum Posts: 45
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby Meadow (152618059) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:00 pm

Depending on the event, I rarely get below a 4.5, only twice. I only play because there is usually crap in the store, I mean who needs another bike rack. I usually score in the 5.6 or 5.7 which should not be a pisser but it is, because I read somewhere that on 5.8 is given to 3 percent of players and a Viking wrote that, I think Andrew. So I think when you reach a certain point the higher scores go into a lottery and it is much like buying a crack box, as in hair, as to who wins. Some have better luck than others. That is why I know longer participate in the treads where u show your scores, even when I get a 5.8, to me it just feeds the idea that the contest is won by ability and not by luck. If you think otherwise that is your opinion, this is mine. Entering is at your own risk and peace of mind :drink:
Better to be infamous than not famous at all...Roger Stone d=h83636232

Meadow (152618059)
YoWorld Level: 348
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 10, 2010

Forum Posts: 1742
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby Quarantined Mata (13429328) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:12 pm

Yeah, but people keep dancing at BVGs song...

Et tu, Brute?

Snitches get stitches
Quarantined Mata (13429328)
YoWorld Level: 302
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 10, 2009

Forum Posts: 4375
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby StephyWhenDovesCry (112456482) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:03 pm

I would have voted for this amazing outfit!! I see you are a gold supporter as well. Things that make you go hmmmmmm. :eh:

StephyWhenDovesCry (112456482)
YoWorld Level: 287
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 07, 2009

Forum Posts: 11
Forum Title: YoRookie

Postby Adeline PINK (113719515) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:04 pm

Meadow (152618059) wrote:Depending on the event, I rarely get below a 4.5, only twice. I only play because there is usually crap in the store, I mean who needs another bike rack. I usually score in the 5.6 or 5.7 which should not be a pisser but it is, because I read somewhere that on 5.8 is given to 3 percent of players and a Viking wrote that, I think Andrew. So I think when you reach a certain point the higher scores go into a lottery and it is much like buying a crack box, as in hair, as to who wins. Some have better luck than others. That is why I know longer participate in the treads where u show your scores, even when I get a 5.8, to me it just feeds the idea that the contest is won by ability and not by luck. If you think otherwise that is your opinion, this is mine. Entering is at your own risk and peace of mind :drink:

Now this is interesting! We should be told by BigV if only 3 percent of the players are given 5.8 and how that is determined by BigV and not by our fellow players by voting.

And I agree, many of the pictures posted do NOT show ability.
Thanks for posting this.

Adeline PINK (113719515)
YoWorld Level: 382
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 10771

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:45 pm

Adeline PINK (113719515) wrote:
Meadow (152618059) wrote:Depending on the event, I rarely get below a 4.5, only twice. I only play because there is usually crap in the store, I mean who needs another bike rack. I usually score in the 5.6 or 5.7 which should not be a pisser but it is, because I read somewhere that on 5.8 is given to 3 percent of players and a Viking wrote that, I think Andrew. So I think when you reach a certain point the higher scores go into a lottery and it is much like buying a crack box, as in hair, as to who wins. Some have better luck than others. That is why I know longer participate in the treads where u show your scores, even when I get a 5.8, to me it just feeds the idea that the contest is won by ability and not by luck. If you think otherwise that is your opinion, this is mine. Entering is at your own risk and peace of mind :drink:

Now this is interesting! We should be told by BigV if only 3 percent of the players are given 5.8 and how that is determined by BigV and not by our fellow players by voting.

Thanks for posting this.

This in NO WAY accounts for nor explains why some people consistantly get 5.8s, sometimes several per GE, when others rarely or never get it. I am not talking about skill levels as clearly there are many entries in every single contest that are equally worthy of high scores, yet they receive lower ones. And there is no reason ever for someone who has filled the bonus meter, to score below 4.5 That is insulting and humiliating.
*You don't fool me.* Silence is golden; duct tape is silver.
“You become like the five people you spend the most time with. Choose carefully.” Jim Rohn

JulieHootieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 348
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 18008
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby Ravenous (126579776) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:48 pm

Adeline PINK (113719515) wrote:

Thanks for posting this.

This is why I say ANY raw score with no bonus above a 4.5 is a great score. Everything between a 4.5 and a 5 is a winning outfit. They should all be perfect. The differences between them are all LUCK in my opinion. I'm not trying to diminish the effort of anyone who gets a perfect score at all. I'm sure every player who has gotten a perfect 5 has other entries they've made that they felt were BETTER than their perfect 5. That's LUCK and nothing more or less.

And while I don't know for a fact that we are grouped with the same knuckleheads for both entries and scoring, I strongly suspect that we are. There's no way certain accounts should be statistically drawing more perfect scores, unless they are constantly in a weaker pool of entries or a weaker pool of judges.

I'd love 10 minutes behind the curtain with the code and algorithms behind gem events. My audit report would be scathing......... :smug:

I loved her not for the way she danced with my angels, but for the way the sound of her name silenced my demons....Christopher Nolan
Ravenous (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 334
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 41682
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions