Unfair Gem Voting

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: Unfair Gem Voting

Postby Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:52 pm

Snorty (3054329) wrote:Well, seeing as I ended up with a 3.2 plus my .2 bonus, I am going to agree. I thought my street was spooky and fit the brief but evidently, I dont deserve any gems at all. I knew there was a reason I quit playing the gem event. It just gets me annoyed and my feelings bruised!

That seems awfully low even for only having a .2 bonus, I think there was a bug this time and I know some people were saying they couldn't vote at all. :(
Skylar Heartbinder (119863787)
YoWorld Level: 310
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 06, 2009

Forum Posts: 7463
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Snorty (3054329) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:56 pm

Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) wrote:
Snorty (3054329) wrote:Well, seeing as I ended up with a 3.2 plus my .2 bonus, I am going to agree. I thought my street was spooky and fit the brief but evidently, I dont deserve any gems at all. I knew there was a reason I quit playing the gem event. It just gets me annoyed and my feelings bruised!

That seems awfully low even for only having a .2 bonus, I think there was a bug this time and I know some people were saying they couldn't vote at all. :(

Oh well. I am just going to quit following a brief and do what I like. Maybe light loving vampires from the avocado jungle of death next time! :haha: :haha: :haha:
Live your life the way you choose. Let me do the same. Just remember that your way is not my way and we will get along just fine.
my giveaway home. 3-4 items max please and tell me what room its in.
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h13315429

Snorty (3054329)
YoWorld Level: 345
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 01, 2008

Forum Posts: 11448
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:13 pm

Snorty (3054329) wrote:

Oh well. I am just going to quit following a brief and do what I like. Maybe light loving vampires from the avocado jungle of death next time! :haha: :haha: :haha:

:haha: :haha:

Postby Alicen Chains (155870363) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:56 pm

+1 :thumbsup: o_o I've never seen one below 3.5. Is that even possible without glitches? I got a 3.8 once on dressup but I didnt have any bonus at the time and went way out on a limb with my clothing choices.
It's just disheartening :sad:

Alicen Chains (155870363)
YoWorld Level: 316
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 06, 2010

Forum Posts: 12640
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:23 pm

Alicen Chains (155870363) wrote:

+1 :thumbsup: o_o I've never seen one below 3.5. Is that even possible without glitches? I got a 3.8 once on dressup but I didnt have any bonus at the time and went way out on a limb with my clothing choices.
It's just disheartening :sad:

Back when I first started doing these I got under 3.8 a lot LOL! Usually 3.2 or 3.4, when they added the bonus pts I always got over 3.5. However it wasn't until I started stalking the forums and finding hints from others about how they got better scores that I got better. Usually I get at least 4.5 because I always max the bonus now. Some times when I do my own thing I get 4.2, but that seems to be lowest I get with max bonus in recent ones.

I think maybe some people got lower than normal because of the buggy voting? :(

Postby Adeline PINK (113719515) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:32 pm

I really do NOT see how it is possible to get a score like this. If I were you, I would put a ticket in and ask for an explanation that makes sense to you.
Snorty can you post a pix of the room?

Adeline PINK (113719515)
YoWorld Level: 382
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 10788
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby celebrity 2009 (126596708) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:05 pm

What I don't get is some people don't even fill the brief but get high scores! Go figure...

celebrity 2009 (126596708)
YoWorld Level: 287
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 462
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby NoahxRPPxRPA (185873900) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:15 am

I liked gem events when they came out but they're too common now.
" Logic will get you from A-Z; Imagination will take you everywhere." - Albert Einstein
Visit Me! https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h11088409
NoahxRPPxRPA (185873900)
YoWorld Level: 361
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 18, 2014

Forum Posts: 5182

Postby Mizz Libra (136290570) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:21 am

Everyone has a different way of voting.
For some the main focus is whether the theme of the current gem challenge is met in a person's entry.
Others go by whether they like the all-over outfit, even if it has nothing to do with the challenge's theme at all.
Some have certain triggers, like when a new free item is used in the contest or when the facial features have not been changed.
A few even admit to just vote for the first 5 entries on either the right or left side.
And of course it also depends on the other entry yours is teamed up with.
If you're running against someone who just put on a few basis which have nothing to do with the challenge theme, your chances may be a lot better than if your opponent met the theme, and put a lot of effort into their entry.
❤Click signature to visit me ❤
For contests and more check out my Yo group on Facebook: YoZodiacs

Mizz Libra (136290570)
YoWorld Level: 478
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 21, 2009

Forum Posts: 41233
Forum Title: YoManiac

Postby Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:31 am

celebrity 2009 (126596708) wrote:What I don't get is some people don't even fill the brief but get high scores! Go figure...

Those descriptions are crazy and all over the place. Some make a room/outfit based off their own interpretations of it or of the title of that particular challenge. So entries are all over the place. I just vote for what I think is good. If one is better that what it's vs I vote. If both are 100 gemmers or both really good I skip. I hate skipping the good ones, but I also don't want to downvote a good room just because of the crappy luck of it going against another equally as good room. So score is total crapshoot based off people's personal preferences, interpretations of the description and the fact that some just vote all right or left to get it over with and get their gems :(

Postby Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:34 am

Mizz Libra (136290570) wrote:Everyone has a different way of voting.
For some the main focus is whether the theme of the current gem challenge is met in a person's entry.
Others go by whether they like the all-over outfit, even if it has nothing to do with the challenge's theme at all.
Some have certain triggers, like when a new free item is used in the contest or when the facial features have not been changed.
A few even admit to just vote for the first 5 entries on either the right or left side.
If you're running against someone who just put on a few basis which have nothing to do with the challenge theme, your chances may be a lot better than if your opponent met the theme, and put a lot of effort into their entry.

OMG there is a trigger for me LOL! Thankfully we don't see it as often since they made the generic starting look they go with now. So now it's more if they leave that awful starter hair on hahahahaha!

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:53 pm

OMG there is a trigger for me LOL! Thankfully we don't see it as often since they made the generic starting look they go with now. So now it's more if they leave that awful starter hair on hahahahaha!

I don't get the ones that try to cover the starter flippy hair and the pink bubble dress with ginormous hairs and clothes. I'm amazed that people could play so long and not know how to swap out items.
*You don't fool me.* Silence is golden; duct tape is silver.
“You become like the five people you spend the most time with. Choose carefully.” Jim Rohn

JulieHootieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 348
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 18023
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:16 pm

JulieHootieScraps (108384802) wrote:

I don't get the ones that try to cover the starter flippy hair and the pink bubble dress with ginormous hairs and clothes. I'm amazed that people could play so long and not know how to swap out items.

Aye, it is made even sadder when they have a good look going otherwise, but I just can't vote for those pieces sticking out LOL!

Postby Amaya (139390344) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:33 pm

Theresa (122233016) wrote:
Savage (126579776) wrote:Something was definitely wrong with the voting scoring this round. I'm seeing chatter about many players with full bonus bars getting sub 4.5s. That's not even really possible if they half way try. Something is amiss.......if they want to see how quickly people will stop participating in gem events, just start screwing around with their entry scores..........

Oh well, add it to the growing pile of broken Yo stuff.......

Come on now, of course it's possible! There are many factors such as Left vs Right side voting, downvoting, etc -- but there should be a stopper put in place by BVG so that people who have spent enough to fill the bonus meter should never drop below 4.5. That is only fair. But fair doesn't matter.

i tell you what would improve things... stop the 100 gem entry and then only people who want to enter something decent would bother... and up the prize gems instead. anyone who doesn't enter can't then vote to stop the sabotage voters :thumbsup:

This might work! :idea:

Amaya (139390344)
YoWorld Level: 330
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 2532
Forum Title: YoLover

Postby StephyWhenDovesCry (112456482) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:28 pm

Alicen Chains (155870363) wrote:I don't think I've trusted voting scores since that contest (npc?) and some people got 5.8's but were disqualified because they weren't "true 5.8's". Dont ask me to explain because I still don't understand it.
I also dont understand the idea of getting an automatic 4.5 because you add full boost. BVG said we all start at 3.5 base score so even if you add .80 that still only gets you to 4.3.
I personally vote on creativity and how easy it is on the eyes instead of descriptions and sticking to theme so I'm probably part of the problem.

How did I get a 3.4 then??

StephyWhenDovesCry (112456482)
YoWorld Level: 287
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 07, 2009

Forum Posts: 12
Forum Title: YoRookie

Postby DianaBanana (111036364) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:33 pm

StephyWhenDovesCry (112456482) wrote:
Alicen Chains (155870363) wrote:I don't think I've trusted voting scores since that contest (npc?) and some people got 5.8's but were disqualified because they weren't "true 5.8's". Dont ask me to explain because I still don't understand it.
I also dont understand the idea of getting an automatic 4.5 because you add full boost. BVG said we all start at 3.5 base score so even if you add .80 that still only gets you to 4.3.
I personally vote on creativity and how easy it is on the eyes instead of descriptions and sticking to theme so I'm probably part of the problem.

i got my lowest score ever in this one, a 4, with a full bar. it's just plain weird to me whem i see a room with the minimum number of items just sitting in the middle and they've got all the stars. :dizzy:

i'm quite often politically incorrect, not intentionally, only by an age gap. just let it go, please. no malice usually intended.
don't piss off older people cause the thought of life in prison is less of a deterrent.

DianaBanana (111036364)
YoWorld Level: 385
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 31, 2009

Forum Posts: 12901
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:35 pm

DianaBanana (111036364) wrote:

i got my lowest score ever in this one, a 4, with a full bar. it's just plain weird to me whem i see a room with the minimum number of items just sitting in the middle and they've got all the stars. :dizzy:

I just don't understand these super low scores with full bars! :(
*You don't fool me.* Silence is golden; duct tape is silver.
“You become like the five people you spend the most time with. Choose carefully.” Jim Rohn

JulieHootieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 348
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 18023
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby Lou Cipher (126579776) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:05 pm

DianaBanana (111036364) wrote:

I just don't understand these super low scores with full bars! :(

Me neither. I've seen some entries as I was voting that were solid winners, and they weren't even to 3.5 stars towards the end of the last round of voting. Something is definitely amiss.....

I loved her not for the way she danced with my angels, but for the way the sound of her name silenced my demons....Christopher Nolan
Lou Cipher (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 335
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 41757
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Previous

Return to YoWorld Discussions