Addressing Crates, Hairs, DC Contest Winner Announcement

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: Addressing Crates, Hairs, DC Contest Winner Announcement

Postby Vivica (13404458) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:31 am

:grr
Can't stand people who pretend to like you. Being fake is not a respectable quality, being honest is.

Vivica (13404458)
YoWorld Level: 235
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 8166
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Taurus (185839344) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:31 am

imho, i feel in the long run(if this game has a long run, time will tell on that) the price guides leaving will actually help sales.. anyone that was here long enough to remember before the guides surely can remember how active the trading was then.. granted we did have more players but now in sales, people thing the price guides are the bible and that you are cheating if you dont cater to them. the guides are one of the main reasons stuff has such inflated prices today. guide have always been and always will be manipulated.
That being said, it would be nice if bvg had a section telling all the past expired items with pictures.
Taurus (185839344)
YoWorld Level: 243
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2014

Forum Posts: 10297
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Koats (185046372) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:41 am

I don't understand why players would get a warning/ban for using sites that we have always used, they are invaluable to many players as reference sites for pictures of items. They are providing a service that BVG have failed to do.Yet Scammers who flaunt the fact they run their own business selling YoWorld high end items and coin for real money on sites like Paypal, Gcash and Bank transfer are still here. They have become so confident they don't even try to hide what they are doing. Admins of various FB groups condone this too. Resources would be better used getting rid of these people from the game, or is it too late :eh:
Last edited by Koats (185046372) on Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. – Albert Einstein

#BlackLivesMatter

Koats (185046372)
YoWorld Level: 356
YoWorld Start Date: May 18, 2013

Forum Posts: 6931
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: ' Keep your head when all about you are losing theirs'

Postby Willow (13350872) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:41 am

Theresa (122233016) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:
YummY (125339233) wrote:please do not drag ywnet into this its everything your AH isnt. we NEED it.

All I can say is. I hope Bvg is happy because we're losing it now :dizzy:

:sad: :'( :grr ... well all i can say is they are gonna lose a lot of customers. my biggest part of the game is buying/selling/collecting

Same here and as well as many in-game..that's what keeps people like me playing, because I can't decorate at all so my game play consist of buy/selling..I can't understand why they can't just leave well enough alone :dizzy: :dizzy:
Practice what you preach ;)
come out come out wherever you are
Willow (13350872)
YoWorld Level: 269
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 18239
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby Antigone (187649661) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:47 am

Are we not allowed to use buying/selling templates provided by aforementioned websites?

Antigone (187649661)
YoWorld Level: 56
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 07, 2018

Forum Posts: 1272
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:47 am

Koats (185046372) wrote:I don't understand why players would get a warning/ban for using sites that we have always used, they are invaluable to many players as reference sites for pictures of items. They are providing a service that BVG have failed to do.Yet Scammers who flaunt the fact they run their own business selling YoWorld high end items and coin for real money on sites like Paypal, Gcash and Bank transfer are still here. They have become so confident they don't even try to hide what they are doing. Admins of various FB groups condone this too. Resources would be better used getting rid of these people from the game, or is it too late :eh:

:thumbsup: :trophy:
“You become like the five people you spend the most time with. Choose carefully.” Jim Rohn

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 335
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 19371

Postby Taurus (185839344) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:48 am

Koats (185046372) wrote:I don't understand why players would get a warning/ban for using sites that we have always used, they are invaluable to many players as reference sites for pictures of items. Yet Scammers who flaunt the fact they run their own business selling YoWorld high end items and coin for real money on sites like Paypal, Gcash and Bank transfer are still here. They have become so confident they don't even try to hide what they are doing. Admins of various FB groups condone this too. They are providing a service that BVG have failed to do. Resources would be better used getting rid of these people from the game, or is it too late :eh:

the coin sellers having a free run is baffling... completely stopping it might be hard but not like it would be hard to put a dampener on them... hire a person or 2 for in game and fb group moles...set up fake sales, find the player ID and trace back to as many accounts as possible...seems worth a try.
Taurus (185839344)
YoWorld Level: 243
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2014

Forum Posts: 10297
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:50 am

Willow (13350872) wrote:
Theresa (122233016) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:
YummY (125339233) wrote:please do not drag ywnet into this its everything your AH isnt. we NEED it.

All I can say is. I hope Bvg is happy because we're losing it now :dizzy:

:sad: :'( :grr ... well all i can say is they are gonna lose a lot of customers. my biggest part of the game is buying/selling/collecting

Same here and as well as many in-game..that's what keeps people like me playing, because I can't decorate at all so my game play consist of buy/selling..I can't understand why they can't just leave well enough alone :dizzy: :dizzy:

totally! :thumbsup: :trophy: i really don't see why this is suddenly a big issue. it's only once in a blue moon i have seen someone post a pic and say where is this item from or did we ever get this. it was unreleased but whats the big deal? we see something that they never put in the game
“You become like the five people you spend the most time with. Choose carefully.” Jim Rohn

Theresa (122233016)

Postby YummY (125339233) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:53 am

Koats (185046372) wrote:I don't understand why players would get a warning/ban for using sites that we have always used, they are invaluable to many players as reference sites for pictures of items. They are providing a service that BVG have failed to do.Yet Scammers who flaunt the fact they run their own business selling YoWorld high end items and coin for real money on sites like Paypal, Gcash and Bank transfer are still here. They have become so confident they don't even try to hide what they are doing. Admins of various FB groups condone this too. Resources would be better used getting rid of these people from the game, or is it too late :eh:

this!

i see more people selling coins on fb groups than i see them selling actual game items.

but BVG decided to punish the people who play the game fair and square because they have no control or capability to stop the TOS violators. this is such a pathetic thread to being with, almost reminiscent of Z days.
ImageImage
YummY (125339233)
YoWorld Level: 340
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 28, 2009

Forum Posts: 13072
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Koats (185046372) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:20 am

YummY (125339233) wrote:

this!

i see more people selling coins on fb groups than i see them selling actual game items.

but BVG decided to punish the people who play the game fair and square because they have no control or capability to stop the TOS violators. this is such a pathetic thread to being with, almost reminiscent of Z days.

:thumbsup: So many posts selling items and coin for real money, it make me so angry. I've been rattling on about this for so long now and it has only gotten worse. Isn't it always the case that honest players get sh*t on and the scumbags have a good laugh.

#BlackLivesMatter

Koats (185046372)

Postby Koats (185046372) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:22 am

Taurus (185839344) wrote:
Koats (185046372) wrote:I don't understand why players would get a warning/ban for using sites that we have always used, they are invaluable to many players as reference sites for pictures of items. Yet Scammers who flaunt the fact they run their own business selling YoWorld high end items and coin for real money on sites like Paypal, Gcash and Bank transfer are still here. They have become so confident they don't even try to hide what they are doing. Admins of various FB groups condone this too. They are providing a service that BVG have failed to do. Resources would be better used getting rid of these people from the game, or is it too late :eh:

the coin sellers having a free run is baffling... completely stopping it might be hard but not like it would be hard to put a dampener on them... hire a person or 2 for in game and fb group moles...set up fake sales, find the player ID and trace back to as many accounts as possible...seems worth a try.

It is baffling tbh and It makes me angry how they are allowed to continue.

#BlackLivesMatter

Koats (185046372)

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:33 am

Koats (185046372) wrote:
YummY (125339233) wrote:

this!

:thumbsup: So many posts selling items and coin for real money, it make me so angry. I've been rattling on about this for so long now and it has only gotten worse. Isn't it always the case that honest players get sh*t on and the scumbags have a good laugh.

100% agree with you and YummY :trophy:

Theresa (122233016)

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:17 am

Viking Sam wrote:We would like to reiterate that posting skimmed data is a bannable forum offense as per our Terms of Service. Posters will receive one warning. Following that, they will receive a short term ban. Repeating offenders will be banned long term.

These sites are not run by BVG or YoWorld, and do not reflect what will or will not be released in game.

Examples of prohibited sites:
https://yoworld.info/home
https://yoworld.net/

Viking Sam :heart:

so is it that we cannot provide links to them or not mention their names? you have posted the links to their sites ^^^

Theresa (122233016)

Postby voodoosue (118968402) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:20 am

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: agree
i dont think BVG even cares :eh:
IM JUST IRRELEVANT AND INVISIBLE

some people should use a glue stick instead of chap stick
ImageImage

voodoosue (118968402)
YoWorld Level: 349
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 02, 2009

Forum Posts: 7846
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Viking Andrew » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:47 am

Koats (185046372) wrote:
YummY (125339233) wrote:

this!

Report Coin/Item sellers to us.

We will give them a permanent vacation to places outside of YoWorld.
Viking Andrew
YoWorld Level: 500

Forum Posts: 2641
Forum Title: The Best Taco Artist

Postby Denna (10205906) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:52 am

Well said my dear friend :thumbsup:

:hug: :heart:
"What doesn't kill me,can only make me stronger...."
Denna (10205906)
YoWorld Level: 315
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 14657
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:11 am

another thread locked to shut us up. so how are buyers and sellers supposed to play the game now. even non buyers and sellers use that site to check prices of items to save getting ripped off in the AH. we need somewhere to go to check item prices!

Theresa (122233016)

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:14 am

I want to echo everyone's concerns about the shutdown of YoWorld.net.

It is an incredible resource for checking AH Item prices, and I also use it to check daily releases as I can't always be on my laptop.

I think it is really worth trying to work with the owner to come to a better conclusion.
Leeum (130695460)
YoWorld Level: 333
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 26120
Forum Title: YoManiac

Postby Lou Cipher (126579776) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:14 am

Viking Andrew wrote:Report Coin/Item sellers to us.

We will give them a permanent vacation to places outside of YoWorld.

Is there a way to report FB coin selling to you guys? There are countless sellers active in almost every trade group. What about ebay? How can we report those guys?

They've evolved and avoid running events now, but they are as active as ever outside of the game. If we could report a FB account running ads, you guys would be flooded with reports for a while.

I loved her not for the way she danced with my angels, but for the way the sound of her name silenced my demons....Christopher Nolan
Lou Cipher (126579776)
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 41757
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:16 am

Denna (10205906) wrote:
AlyssaRose (185638698) wrote:
Denna (10205906) wrote:
Savage (126579776) wrote:
AlyssaRose (185638698) wrote:
Denna (10205906) wrote:
AlyssaRose (185638698) wrote:i honestly feel bad for BVG with people still upset about the hairs. yes we understand that you liked the mistaken version better, but i don’t believe that’s what kenjeyz submitted and it was not intended to be that way by bvg. they already apologized for it and aren’t going to switch it again. i know there is an issue about it bc people spent a little much on the rares, but demanding that it be rereleased how YOU like it NOW is a bit of a reach and excessive. thank you sam for the updates and i can’t wait for xmas design contest winners!! :hug:

Well, I am sorry to say this, but I will try to be gentle here.

It is not nice thing to say: "but demanding that it be rereleased how YOU like it NOW is a bit of a reach and excessive".

I bought the hair when I saw it here on avi and paid 1.5M for THAT color yesterday, because I liked how it looked like.
It is not MY fault that it was mistake. So asking for something I paid for yesterday and what some other players paid for and bought boxes to get it, at least should be said: "I hope this will get solved for these people". That is what I always write to someone who comes here to complain about something.
With your post I feel like I AM quilty here, while I am not.
And enlighten me please, where did you see what rare colors KenJeyz submitted, because I couldn't find them anywhere at forum. I would really like to see that please?

i didn’t say any of those things tho lol all i said was some people are being very harsh on bvg for this mistake and no matter which resolution they come up with, someone will be unhappy. didn’t call you guilty at all, i was responding to someone else who said it was a joke. all i was implying is let’s not be so harsh bc there will always be someone who is unhappy if they keep the hairs how they are now or back to the wrong ones.
usually people submit color variants in their design files submitted by email to bvg so i said “i don’t believe” that’s what kenjeyz submitted. again, didn’t say that was a complete fact. usually the well known designers have their color variants put into game so i’m assuming these were his rares and regular colors. could be wrong tho

Holding BVG accountable for delivering what was shown for sale is a part of what these forums are about. There's nothing wrong with people being upset about what happened and expecting BVG to make it right. They made the mistake. They own the fix. That's not being harsh, that's being a customer.

I can appreciate your sympathy towards BVG. They do take a lot of heat - some of it justified and some of it not so much. But this mistake was a big one and they needed to come to a better solution. It didn't happen, and the people who were affected by it deserve to vent a little.

And Miss Denna, I appreciate you being gentle with her opinion. But she is entitled to it, even if it is contrary to your view. :)

This has been an interesting 48 hours for BVG. The things they do and don't do sometimes.......... :?: :smug:

You know what would be harsh? If I said: I don't care which rare colors KenJeyz submitted, I want hair that I bought yesterday and it was recolored while I was sleeping. But I didn't say that... And I don't like to speculate what rare colors KenJeyz submitted.
I LOVE DC items, that is not a secret and I DO care what our loved designers submitted and if they are happy, I am happy too.
But...
I am talking about hair that was released in game in colors I liked and some other people liked it too and bought it because of the colors. Now I have hair in my inventory that I didn't buy yesterday...
Imagine in RL, you buy a shirt and pay a lot of money for it, you ask the seller to pack it for you and you take a look on your phone... You come home and see another color of that shirt in your package. The question is: What would you do?
So simple is that...

i’m sensing a lot of passive aggressiveness so i won’t respond anymore after this. my original comment was towards someone’s specific comment on this thread, not you or anyone else who wants the hairs they were before. if you didn’t care what colors he submitted you wouldn’t have replied to my comment about that. i never stated anything for a fact anyways about that.

and to your hypothetical, i would bring up the issue and see if bvg is giving refunds or what they’re gonna do about it - which requires waiting it out. i never once implied that i don’t hope this is fixed for everyone who thought they were buying something else. my original comment was towards a specific comment on this thread, that said “I want it NOW”, not to everyone who wants the hairs how they were. i won’t voice my opinion on this anymore though bc i guess my opinion makes people feel guilty? apologies, idk. hope everyone is having a good week and staying safe

Whoever you was reffering to, I had problem with this sentence: "but demanding that it be rereleased how YOU like it NOW is a bit of a reach and excessive"."
People really should stop telling others how to feel or should they post or not what they want NOW or whenever. If someone is harsh to BVG, leave it to Vikings to decide.
And you are sensing wrong, I am not passive agressive at all. I am just passioned player like everyone else here and I have all rights to express how I feel and everyone else have those same rights here.
If someone crosses the line, there are Vikings again...
Have a good week too. :bye:

WOW! :dizzy: You are the #1 person who does this to others.
Last edited by JulieHootieScraps (108384802) on Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
*You don't fool me.* Silence is golden; duct tape is silver.

JulieHootieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 348
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 18023

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions