Addressing Crates, Hairs, DC Contest Winner Announcement

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: Addressing Crates, Hairs, DC Contest Winner Announcement

Postby Viking Andrew » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:18 am

Chili Toots (126579776) wrote:
Viking Andrew wrote:Report Coin/Item sellers to us.

We will give them a permanent vacation to places outside of YoWorld.

Is there a way to report FB coin selling to you guys? There are countless sellers active in almost every trade group. What about ebay? How can we report those guys?

They've evolved and avoid running events now, but they are as active as ever outside of the game. If we could report a FB account running ads, you guys would be flooded with reports for a while.

You can submit a ticket with the information or PM Sam or myself directly on the forum.
Viking Andrew
YoWorld Level: 500

Forum Posts: 2636
Forum Title: The Best Taco Artist

Postby Antigone (187649661) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:20 am

Is there a way to report FB coin selling to you guys? There are countless sellers active in almost every trade group. What about ebay? How can we report those guys?

They've evolved and avoid running events now, but they are as active as ever outside of the game. If we could report a FB account running ads, you guys would be flooded with reports for a while.

I'm also curious about this, I see it all the time on Facebook. I've been told by friends that they've reported the regular "cookie" sellers and their real accounts (not the alts they sell on) directly to support and yet them as well as myself have seen these same people still roaming around the game, continuing their coin selling until this very day. :?: :?:
Last edited by Antigone (187649661) on Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Antigone (187649661)
YoWorld Level: 56
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 07, 2018

Forum Posts: 1265
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby voodoosue (118968402) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:20 am

yeah just take a SS, that shows their actual real name selling and BVG can compare the registered name to their files im pretty sure, then check their account for any extreme coin activity :idea:
IM JUST IRRELEVANT AND INVISIBLE

some people should use a glue stick instead of chap stick
ImageImage

voodoosue (118968402)
YoWorld Level: 349
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 02, 2009

Forum Posts: 7832
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Ravenous (126579776) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:21 am

Viking Andrew wrote:

You can submit a ticket with the information or PM Sam or myself directly on the forum.

Oh man, when I see them now, you'll hear about it. After you pop a few of them, I'm sure the roaches will scurry off somewhere else. But getting them out of the trade groups will be a great start.

I loved her not for the way she danced with my angels, but for the way the sound of her name silenced my demons....Christopher Nolan
Ravenous (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 334
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 41682
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Sam Holmes (139381965) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:30 am

Why am I getting so many pm's about coin sellers? :eh:

Just kidding.... :silly:

Sam Holmes (139381965)
YoWorld Level: 365
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 25127
Forum Title: YoManiac

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:33 am

I see posts in fb yw groups about "cookie selling" -- I always report them. I even commented to the girl that it's illegal to do that & she flippantly replied, "Haha I know." That tells me reporting them in fb isn't effective at all.
*You don't fool me.* Silence is golden; duct tape is silver.
“You become like the five people you spend the most time with. Choose carefully.” Jim Rohn

JulieHootieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 348
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 18008
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby OMG SHOES (2131112) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:24 am

The way this thread is giving me Zynga vibes... no bueno. o_o

OMG SHOES (2131112)
YoWorld Level: 298
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 19, 2008

Forum Posts: 1739
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby Koats (185046372) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:30 am

Viking Andrew wrote:
Koats (185046372) wrote:
YummY (125339233) wrote:
Koats (185046372) wrote:I don't understand why players would get a warning/ban for using sites that we have always used, they are invaluable to many players as reference sites for pictures of items. They are providing a service that BVG have failed to do.Yet Scammers who flaunt the fact they run their own business selling YoWorld high end items and coin for real money on sites like Paypal, Gcash and Bank transfer are still here. They have become so confident they don't even try to hide what they are doing. Admins of various FB groups condone this too. Resources would be better used getting rid of these people from the game, or is it too late :eh:

this!

i see more people selling coins on fb groups than i see them selling actual game items.

but BVG decided to punish the people who play the game fair and square because they have no control or capability to stop the TOS violators. this is such a pathetic thread to being with, almost reminiscent of Z days.

:thumbsup: So many posts selling items and coin for real money, it make me so angry. I've been rattling on about this for so long now and it has only gotten worse. Isn't it always the case that honest players get sh*t on and the scumbags have a good laugh.

Report Coin/Item sellers to us.

Thank you. Stupid question but how do I add ss and link to pm :eh:
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. – Albert Einstein

#BlackLivesMatter

Koats (185046372)
YoWorld Level: 356
YoWorld Start Date: May 18, 2013

Forum Posts: 6927
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: ' Keep your head when all about you are losing theirs'

Postby voodoosue (118968402) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:46 am

Koats (185046372) wrote:
Viking Andrew wrote:
Koats (185046372) wrote:
YummY (125339233) wrote:
Koats (185046372) wrote:I don't understand why players would get a warning/ban for using sites that we have always used, they are invaluable to many players as reference sites for pictures of items. They are providing a service that BVG have failed to do.Yet Scammers who flaunt the fact they run their own business selling YoWorld high end items and coin for real money on sites like Paypal, Gcash and Bank transfer are still here. They have become so confident they don't even try to hide what they are doing. Admins of various FB groups condone this too. Resources would be better used getting rid of these people from the game, or is it too late :eh:

this!

i see more people selling coins on fb groups than i see them selling actual game items.

but BVG decided to punish the people who play the game fair and square because they have no control or capability to stop the TOS violators. this is such a pathetic thread to being with, almost reminiscent of Z days.

:thumbsup: So many posts selling items and coin for real money, it make me so angry. I've been rattling on about this for so long now and it has only gotten worse. Isn't it always the case that honest players get sh*t on and the scumbags have a good laugh.

you have to send ticket with SS attached :D
IM JUST IRRELEVANT AND INVISIBLE

some people should use a glue stick instead of chap stick
ImageImage

voodoosue (118968402)
YoWorld Level: 349
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 02, 2009

Forum Posts: 7832
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Koats (185046372) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:49 am

voodoosue (118968402) wrote:
Koats (185046372) wrote:
Viking Andrew wrote:
Koats (185046372) wrote:
YummY (125339233) wrote:

this!

you have to send ticket with SS attached :D

Thanks voodoosue :hug:
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. – Albert Einstein

#BlackLivesMatter

Koats (185046372)
YoWorld Level: 356
YoWorld Start Date: May 18, 2013

Forum Posts: 6927
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: ' Keep your head when all about you are losing theirs'

Postby Taurus (185839344) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:24 am

Viking Andrew wrote:

Oh man, when I see them now, you'll hear about it. After you pop a few of them, I'm sure the roaches will scurry off somewhere else. But getting them out of the trade groups will be a great start.

see. the bottom line is... players should not have to report it, they should not have to pm anyone.. the company providing the product to us should already have people on the job... we are not being paid to moderate the security of this business.
Taurus (185839344)
YoWorld Level: 243
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2014

Forum Posts: 10289
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Ravenous (126579776) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:39 am

Taurus (185839344) wrote:
Viking Andrew wrote:

see. the bottom line is... players should not have to report it, they should not have to pm anyone.. the company providing the product to us should already have people on the job... we are not being paid to moderate the security of this business.

I absolutely agree and understand. To me there is value for my time to help run these people out of Yo. :thumbsup:

I loved her not for the way she danced with my angels, but for the way the sound of her name silenced my demons....Christopher Nolan
Ravenous (126579776)

Postby Taurus (185839344) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:40 am

Taurus (185839344) wrote:
Viking Andrew wrote:

I absolutely agree and understand. To me there is value for my time to help run these people out of Yo. :thumbsup:

I wish i could be as trusting as you but the past 4 years of results tells me otherwise.
Taurus (185839344)
YoWorld Level: 243
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2014

Forum Posts: 10289
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby YummY (125339233) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:53 am

Viking Andrew wrote:

can you please elaborate on the information that will be required?
most of times i see these sellers using what appear to be false accounts, providing their fb ID is possibly the best we can gather i assume

honestly if you decided to make an fb account and join these trade groups you'd see people selling "cookies" like its a handheld all over the multiple groups
ImageImage
YummY (125339233)
YoWorld Level: 340
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 28, 2009

Forum Posts: 13067
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Ravenous (126579776) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:56 am

YummY (125339233) wrote:
Viking Andrew wrote:

can you please elaborate on the information that will be required?
most of times i see these sellers using what appear to be false accounts, providing their fb ID is possibly the best we can gather i assume

honestly if you decided to make an fb account and join these trade groups you'd see people selling "cookies" like its a handheld all over the multiple groups

My guess is the bad guys will be using accounts that don't even play Yo to advertise the sale of cookies. This would require identifying the IP for that account, which BVG cannot do because they don't play Yo with it. The only way they'd ever actually be able to catch these people is to pretend to be a buyer.

*sigh*

Ravenous (126579776)

Postby Viking Andrew » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:01 pm

Koats (185046372) wrote:
Viking Andrew wrote:
Koats (185046372) wrote:
YummY (125339233) wrote:

this!

The best way would be to upload to imgur and just copy/paste the link. If you can copy a link to the source as well, that is also beneficial, but we may not be able to access all private groups to see it, so a screenshot/image url is requested for all reports.
Viking Andrew
YoWorld Level: 500

Forum Posts: 2636
Forum Title: The Best Taco Artist

Postby Denna (10205906) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:30 pm

Theresa (122233016) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:
Theresa (122233016) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:
YummY (125339233) wrote:please do not drag ywnet into this its everything your AH isnt. we NEED it.

All I can say is. I hope Bvg is happy because we're losing it now :dizzy:

:sad: :'( :grr ... well all i can say is they are gonna lose a lot of customers. my biggest part of the game is buying/selling/collecting

Same here and as well as many in-game..that's what keeps people like me playing, because I can't decorate at all so my game play consist of buy/selling..I can't understand why they can't just leave well enough alone :dizzy: :dizzy:

totally! :thumbsup: :trophy: i really don't see why this is suddenly a big issue. it's only once in a blue moon i have seen someone post a pic and say where is this item from or did we ever get this. it was unreleased but whats the big deal? we see something that they never put in the game

Idk, but after reading how that site use players ID to show who bought something at AH and for how much, I don't like that at all... Idk about others, but I really don't like my player ID can be used without my permision there and people can see what I bought.

I am ok about posting items with pictures and all that kind of stuff, but there should be privacy for players.
"What doesn't kill me,can only make me stronger...."
Denna (10205906)
YoWorld Level: 315
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 14639

Postby Always (112546669) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:39 pm

Antigone (187649661) wrote:Are we not allowed to use buying/selling templates provided by aforementioned websites?

I would like to know this too, what Antigone asked before ^^
Always (112546669)
YoWorld Level: 294
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 07, 2009

Forum Posts: 13318

Postby Quarantined Mata (13429328) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:57 pm

If I were to sell my coins and items for real money, I wouldn't use my real account to advertise them.
Et tu, Brute?

Snitches get stitches
Quarantined Mata (13429328)
YoWorld Level: 302
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 10, 2009

Forum Posts: 4375
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby Denna (10205906) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:59 pm

Sam Holmes (139381965) wrote:Why am I getting so many pm's about coin sellers? :eh:

Just kidding.... :silly:

:haha: :haha:
"What doesn't kill me,can only make me stronger...."
Denna (10205906)
YoWorld Level: 315
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 14639

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions