Addressing Crates, Hairs, DC Contest Winner Announcement

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Addressing Crates, Hairs, DC Contest Winner Announcement

Postby Viking Sam » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:15 am

There have been a number of hot ticket issues that we want to address so that you understand where we are coming from from a developer standpoint. We want you to know that your YoWorld experience matters, and that we do listen to your feedback. We are constantly monitoring forums and socials so that we can take ideas that are feasible to implement, and give you even more of the game that you love.

Crates
We used an old template that said 'Interactive Crate' in the promo and didn't update it to say 'decor crate.' So while the crate contained all the intended items for the release, and was priced according to its contents, the promo was indeed misleading when it said '3 random classic interactive decor items' and we apologize for the oversight

This was the communication we put out in regards to the crate issue, and while we understand this is frustrating from a player's standpoint, we have two options on how we can handle this:

1. We update the players with information as we get it
2. We make a promise as to when it will be released without having all of the information

At this point we do not have a date as to when the crate will be re-released. While it may seem like an easy issue to correct, from a production standpoint, it is more than that. The content team is currently planning on rebuilding the crate and it will return once new items are selected. The player design items have taken precedence which has put a delay on it. What we can promise is that we will update you as soon as we have more info.

Hair release
The hair colours of the Super Rare and Ultra Rare hairs displayed in the promo and the thumbnails are what were advertised to players. The hair colours that appeared when the hairs were equipped were muted because the rasterization was turned on, and there was a miscommunication between the artists and the Content team in regards to it needing to be turned off to appear correctly in the game. They were pushed to Live with the rasterization on, but after noticing the discrepancy, the art team let us know how to fix it. Since we need to give players exactly what was initially advertised, we had to push the fix, despite some players preferring the rasterized versions of the hairs.

DC Contest Winner Announcement
We would absolutely love to release this information, we just have to be sure that everything feasible before announcing our winners. The last thing we want to do is make an announcement, getting everyone's hopes up, and then not be able to deliver what was promised.

ToS Items to Note
Data Scalping
We would like to reiterate that posting skimmed data is a bannable forum offense as per our Terms of Service. Posters will receive one warning. Following that, they will receive a short term ban. Repeating offenders will be banned long term.

These sites are not run by BVG or YoWorld, and do not reflect what will or will not be released in game.

Examples of prohibited sites:
https://yoworld.info/home
https://yoworld.net/

Posting Private DMs
Our ToS clearly states that private DMs, with Vikings or otherwise, are to be kept private and not posted on the forums. This is also a bannable offense.

Closing Notes
We acknowledge that we do make mistakes, and do what we can to correct these mistakes. in a timely and efficient manner. The truth is, we unfortunately aren't able to make absolutely everyone happy - trust me, if we could we absolutely would. We strive to make the players happy by offering outlets such as surveys, polls, forums, social media, theme ideas threads & design contests.

What we CAN promise is that the community team will get information out to you as soon as we have it in our hands so that we are able to offer, with certainty, the most correct and up to date information.

Viking Sam :heart:
Viking Sam
YoWorld Level: 58

Forum Posts: 116
Forum Title: YoWorld Community Manager

Re: Addressing Crates, Hairs, DC Contest Winner Announcement

Postby Vivica (13404458) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:24 am

Thank you for addressing these issues.
Can't stand people who pretend to like you. Being fake is not a respectable quality, being honest is.

Vivica (13404458)
YoWorld Level: 235
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 8217
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:26 am

Thanks!

Though at first I did just read this as DC Contest Winner Announcement :wailing:
Leeum (130695460)
YoWorld Level: 333
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 26123
Forum Title: YoManiac

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:27 am

To be clear, are you only talking about UNRELEASED images from those sites?
*You don't fool me.* Silence is golden; duct tape is silver.
“You become like the five people you spend the most time with. Choose carefully.” Jim Rohn

JulieHootieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 348
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 18067
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby Viking Sam » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:30 am

JulieHootieScraps (108384802) wrote:To be clear, are you only talking about UNRELEASED images from those sites?

Hey Julie!

This covers anything posted from the prohibited sites mentioned above.

Viking Sam
Viking Sam

Postby IceAgeComing (154702431) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:32 am

Sounds like no winner announcement anytime soon :sad:
IceAgeComing (154702431)
YoWorld Level: 263
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 27, 2010

Forum Posts: 250
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby Denna (10205906) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:33 am

Well I am unhappy about the hair....

TY
"What doesn't kill me,can only make me stronger...."
I am a proud granny! :heart:
Denna (10205906)
YoWorld Level: 315
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 14713
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Adeline PINK (113719515) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:34 am

Viking Sam, is there NO WAY you can ask them to change Eclipse to what it was?

Adeline PINK (113719515)
YoWorld Level: 383
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 10812
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Sam Holmes (139381965) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:35 am

Thanks for these clarifications Viking Sam!

Could I suggest to your team that they shouldn't be using templates that have actual words in them. Simple gibberish, which if they forget to rewrite over, won't lead to errors in which you seem to be advertising wrongful data that could be taken as false advertising.

Answering player questions with a "we are still looking into it" or "update to come..." could have alleviated that original crate thread. Especially after that particular theme had ended and another already is process. Not saying anything on the issue while other issues were getting immediate attention makes it seem that nothing is being done about it. And if that's the actual case then let us know and people can then move on. Leaving them hanging leads to aggravation.
Last edited by Sam Holmes (139381965) on Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sam Holmes (139381965)
YoWorld Level: 365
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 25157

Postby XxDarkMarioxX (104376062) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:35 am

Denna (10205906) wrote:Well I am unhappy about the hair....

TY

Give it abit of time maybe BVG can recolour the hairs since they could be making them more money

XxDarkMarioxX (104376062)
YoWorld Level: 353
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 18023

Postby Adeline PINK (113719515) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:36 am

XxDarkMarioxX (104376062) wrote:

TY

Give it abit of time maybe BVG can recolour the hairs since they could be making them more money

I want it NOW!

Adeline PINK (113719515)

Postby Sam Holmes (139381965) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:38 am

XxDarkMarioxX (104376062) wrote:

TY

I already purchased 31 hairs 30 crates and 1 auction house. I'm putting this wig to sleep.

Sam Holmes (139381965)
YoWorld Level: 365
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 25157

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:38 am

Viking Sam wrote:
JulieHootieScraps (108384802) wrote:To be clear, are you only talking about UNRELEASED images from those sites?

Hey Julie!

Viking Sam

This seems extremely severe, as many times people ask about a certain older item that is more rare and can't be found in AH. So what are we to use as a reference for a ss in those cases? Also, many people ask for search sites for YV/YW items -- are we also not allowed to suggest those sites by name? Do we just pretend they don't exist? Do you have a plan to provide a similar YW-sanctioned search site?
*You don't fool me.* Silence is golden; duct tape is silver.
“You become like the five people you spend the most time with. Choose carefully.” Jim Rohn

JulieHootieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 348
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 18067

Postby Shabby Balls (126579776) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:40 am

JulieHootieScraps (108384802) wrote:
Viking Sam wrote:

Hey Julie!

Viking Sam

This seems extremely severe, as many times people ask about a certain older item that is more rare and can't be found in AH. So what are we to use as a reference for a ss in those cases?

I often use the pics from those sites to help players "see" the item we are talking about. :)

I loved her not for the way she danced with my angels, but for the way the sound of her name silenced my demons....Christopher Nolan
Shabby Balls (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 336
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 41818
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Adeline PINK (113719515) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:41 am

Viking Sam are you for instance talking about going to a site that has lists of items from game and coming back and posting pictures of all, let's say, the stuff that might be available in the gem boxes for the current theme? I am just trying to figure out what this topic is about.

Adeline PINK (113719515)

Postby AlyssaRose (185638698) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:42 am

i honestly feel bad for BVG with people still upset about the hairs. yes we understand that you liked the mistaken version better, but i don’t believe that’s what kenjeyz submitted and it was not intended to be that way by bvg. they already apologized for it and aren’t going to switch it again. i know there is an issue about it bc people spent a little much on the rares, but demanding that it be rereleased how YOU like it NOW is a bit of a reach and excessive. thank you sam for the updates and i can’t wait for xmas design contest winners!! :hug:
Last edited by AlyssaRose (185638698) on Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

AlyssaRose (185638698)
YoWorld Level: 268
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 07, 2014

Forum Posts: 3425
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Quarantined Mata (13429328) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:42 am

And why haven't you patched your database to avoid the "scalping"?

It's not a new thing. And who knows what other info they're getting.

Safe and secure? Not anymore!
Et tu, Brute?

Snitches get stitches
Quarantined Mata (13429328)
YoWorld Level: 302
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 10, 2009

Forum Posts: 4399
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby Always (112546669) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:43 am

I didnt understand about the skimmed data thing, we cannot link, mention or post pics from these sites here on forums? :eh:
Always (112546669)
YoWorld Level: 294
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 07, 2009

Forum Posts: 13362
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Viking Sam » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:43 am

Sam Holmes (139381965) wrote:Answering player questions with a "we are still looking into it" or "update to come..." could have alleviated that original crate thread. Especially after that particular theme had ended and another already is process. Not saying anything on the issue while other issues were getting immediate attention makes it seem that nothing is being done about it. And if that's the actual case then let us know and people can then move on. Leaving them hanging leads to aggravation.

Hey Sam!

We appreciate the feedback. While I can't promise we will be able to do that with every single issue, we will be sure to make a conscious effort to address them more frequently by acknowledging that we are still looking into them.

Viking Sam
Viking Sam

Postby Fiore (155677018) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:45 am

o_o

Fiore (155677018)
YoWorld Level: 269
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 05, 2010

Forum Posts: 11969