Flash Helper Tool

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: Flash Helper Tool

Postby sandyJ (8639941) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:24 am

THIS MIGHT WORK for users being blocked from loading Yw if the browser seemingly isn't allowing use of Flash.
Click the View Site Information icon to the far left (of your Yw page link ... while trying to load into Yw). you'll only see the icon but it will say 'View Site Info' if you hover your mouse over it.
that icon looks different depending on which browser you're using so i can't tell you what the icon looks like but it will always be at the start of the link to run Yw (or any other page that you're using).
anyway click that icon and then look for the Flash setting. of course you want to allow Flash to run.
GL everyone.
sandyJ (8639941)
YoWorld Level: 360
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 278
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby Annalese (9103739) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:47 pm

Hello all... I realize Flash is a dead horse at the end of the year, however having been forced to download YoWorld Desktop App (via MS Edge), I experimented over the weekend. So far, the worst feature of the Desktop App is that video ads ARE NO LONGER ACTIVE/AVAILABLE throughout the 24 hr. period until the next daily batch of video ads are re-launched. Once those daily batch of ads are viewed, that's it. HUGE FLAW in the Desktop App!

Switched over to Chrome, (currently still has option to enable flash), and noted video ads WERE INDEED STILL AVAILABLE/ACTIVE (greyed out on the App). Over the weekend, I kept a log of the coins earned throughout the rest of the 24 hr. period until new ads were re-launched, and were it NOT for Chrome where I could continue viewing ads, I would have LOST A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF COINS this weekend!! Once all browsers discontinue Flash and game play is only via the Desktop App, then the loss of income opportunity via video ads will be HUGE!! This shortfall in the Desktop App NEEDS A FIX!! PLEASE BVG - RECTIFY THIS issue as you work through this transition. Currently I'm not happy with the use/function of the Desktop App, however, in this short term, at least there is Chrome to continue viewing video ads to earn coins. THANK YOU in advance BVG for looking into this?!!

PS - Please advise IF a ticket will be necessary to report this (beyond forum discussions).

Annalese (9103739)
YoWorld Level: 311
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 198
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Danika (11152984) » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:13 am

Annalese (9103739) wrote:Hello all... I realize Flash is a dead horse at the end of the year, however having been forced to download YoWorld Desktop App (via MS Edge), I experimented over the weekend. So far, the worst feature of the Desktop App is that video ads ARE NO LONGER ACTIVE/AVAILABLE throughout the 24 hr. period until the next daily batch of video ads are re-launched. Once those daily batch of ads are viewed, that's it. HUGE FLAW in the Desktop App!

Switched over to Chrome, (currently still has option to enable flash), and noted video ads WERE INDEED STILL AVAILABLE/ACTIVE (greyed out on the App). Over the weekend, I kept a log of the coins earned throughout the rest of the 24 hr. period until new ads were re-launched, and were it NOT for Chrome where I could continue viewing ads, I would have LOST A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF COINS this weekend!! Once all browsers discontinue Flash and game play is only via the Desktop App, then the loss of income opportunity via video ads will be HUGE!! This shortfall in the Desktop App NEEDS A FIX!! PLEASE BVG - RECTIFY THIS issue as you work through this transition. Currently I'm not happy with the use/function of the Desktop App, however, in this short term, at least there is Chrome to continue viewing video ads to earn coins. THANK YOU in advance BVG for looking into this?!!

PS - Please advise IF a ticket will be necessary to report this (beyond forum discussions).

I've been using the desktop app only since it was introduced and because adds were not available previously in my country, I never knew they were ever available for 24 hours :dizzy: Thank you for this and for the feedback you gave BVG. :rose:
"What you touch at present, you may have, but my soul will be on that hill-top before you lay hands on me again..."

Danika (11152984)
YoWorld Level: 350
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 3245
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Annalese (9103739) » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:36 pm

Yes Danika, in my experience, after that initial daily batch of ads are viewed/collected on, I was (still am, for the time being while flash can be enabled), able to continue viewing ads throughout the day, often in intervals of every 10-12 minutes. I would periodically check in and view/collect on a few (as I am doing now). Now and again, there would be a span of a couple/few of hours without available ads, but for the most part, ads were fairly consistent.

I was actually surprised on day 1 when using the Desktop App, how this was not the case. So I reverted back to game play via Chrome (while I can). I realize that ad availability (perhaps frequency also?) is sensitive to geographic locations, however for my area, they're frequent throughout a given day. EXCEPT within the Desktop App.

I shudder to think of the daily coin/income loss once flash is gone. I know MANY players rely on this coin/income supplement to survive in Yo's economy, so to lose this 24 hr. feature for ads, post flash discontinuance, would be a significant downside. I truly HOPE BVG reads/reviews these such comments and rectifies this discrepancy and shortfall to their Desktop App.

Annalese (9103739)

Postby STaRsHaPLUSHYOFA (104185601) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:28 pm

My Facebook gameroom was working till tonight and now it wants flash to get into the game. I really wish it was the way it was yesterday. :(
STaRsHaPLUSHYOFA (104185601)
YoWorld Level: 283
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 01, 2009

Forum Posts: 661
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Annalese (9103739) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:31 am

STaRsHaPLUSHYOFA (104185601) wrote:My Facebook gameroom was working till tonight and now it wants flash to get into the game. I really wish it was the way it was yesterday. :(

Have you tried using Chrome browser? It's still allowing flash for now, (when MS Edge canned it 3 weeks ago, which is why I was forced to download the Desktop App). It's worth a try, at least until the end of the year... Good luck!

Annalese (9103739)

Previous

Return to YoWorld Discussions