[KNOW THE YO] This Week: SkyracerJamie! (Feb 26th, 2021)

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [KNOW THE YO] This Week: LyndyPLUSH! (January 18, 2021)

Postby JustJo (106622274) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:17 pm

:hug: Nice getting to know more about our Lyndy -who I am thankful for your Gem item teirs threads and you had me smile @ Dogs!!

JustJo (106622274)
YoWorld Level: 286
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 83413
Forum Title: YoManiac

Postby Kio (185180932) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:29 pm

:party:
Kio (185180932)
YoWorld Level: 266
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 21, 2013

Forum Posts: 13992
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby JamesBowman (186253444) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:04 pm

Awesome! Love this!
Click my siggy to visit my youtube channel! :)
JamesBowman (186253444)
YoWorld Level: 262
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 06, 2015

Forum Posts: 1407
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby Kat (106520804) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:37 pm

Nice to meet and learn more about you Lyndy. Thanks for all of the ge filled tiers.

Kat (106520804)
YoWorld Level: 387
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 15, 2016

Forum Posts: 1886
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby Adeline (113719515) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:06 am

Always nice to learn more about a person and their pets!!. Thanks for all the visits and your work with gem events.

Adeline (113719515)
YoWorld Level: 387
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 11046
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Viking Andrew » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:00 pm

We're going to change the format for Know The Yo up a bit and start running it more frequently and posting it on our Facebook/Twitter!

If you haven't been selected before and would like to be the first person to be featured on our social platforms, please PM me. :)
Viking Andrew
YoWorld Level: 500

Forum Posts: 2941
Forum Title: The Best Taco Artist

Re: [KNOW THE YO] This Week: jitterbug! (February 19th, 2021

Postby Viking Andrew » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:54 pm

Hey YoFans!

Today marks the 1-year anniversary of Know the Yo!
To celebrate, we are going to begin sharing the spotlight on our Facebook page so that even more people can get to know their fellow Yos!

To kick off this new chapter, we are going to be featuring the one and only jitterbug!

What’s the most useless talent you have?

This was the hardest question for me, so I asked my friends. They all say I have 'the gift of the gab.' I can become a lawyer without even qualifying for the subject. Though, I would never force my own beliefs onto anyone else. It is mostly useless as it doesn't always help in professional settings but is great for making friends laugh!

Unless you consider kicking people to Alton's a talent? :devil:

What did you binge watch recently?

Like everyone who has a Netflix subscription and is a hopeless romantic at heart, I binge-watched Bridgerton. If you love Gossip Girl or The Crown, this is the one for you! A true chick flick set in the Regency era. Though, if you’re young, it’s definitely not something to watch with your parents. *Spoiler* All the girls swoon at the feet of the Duke and are completely smitten with his heartfelt speech wanting to marry the main character, Daphne Bridgerton.

I’ve also recently binged series such as Firefly Lane and The Queens Gambit (both can be found on Netflix UK).

Is there any food everyone loves, but you can’t stand?

I am honestly one of the pickiest eaters you could ever meet. The biggest shock I get is when I have to remind IRL friends that I don’t like ~pizza~ and that they’ll have to pick a restaurant with a wider selection of food on the menu. Though, most of my online friends are more shocked at the fact I don’t eat rice or cheese. I honestly think rice is like soggy cardboard. I really don’t understand the hype! Though, my friends tell me I need to get ‘cultured.’ Haha! :haha: :haha: :haha:

How did you come up with your Yoname?

Oooh! So me, my mom and younger brother always see a show at Christmas time. Whether it be a pantomime, play or just the cinema, it’s our pre-celebration to the 25th! In 2018 we booked tickets to see The Wizard of Oz, live action at a theatre near us. In part of the play the Wicked Witch of the West unleashes jitterbugs (blue and pink insects) who are sent to bite Dorothy, Lion, Tin Man and Scarecrow. The bite causes them to burst into dance!

I thought that summed up my personality perfectly - not necessarily that I bite, though don’t come too close (you have been warned!), but that I will always do my best to put people in a happy mood, even when they really don’t want to be! Though, after changing my name I later learned that it's also the name of a phone used for seniors, haha, just my luck!!! :haha:

What embarrassing thing did you do in your past, that you laugh at now?

I was always clumsy as a child. I may as well have been born with two left feet, I would fall over literally every single day in the playground when I was younger. The most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to me though, was that I tripped over my own feet and fell down the stairs at secondary school. I'm talking a flight of stairs... I wished I'd flew down them. Unfortunately it looked more like a complete mess. My friends stood and laughed at me, along with many others initially and then helped me up. I definitely never want to relive that moment! :party:

What do you have an irrational fear of?

Commitment, loneliness, the dreaded fear of dying alone?! :cold:

I have an irrational fear of Spiders. I literally am so SO scared of spiders. It’s so common, but it’s probably because I had learnt it from my mother when I was younger. She was also scared and would always call my dad. Now, if I see one in my room and don’t manage to get rid of it and it disappears, I literally can not sleep in that room until I have confirmation that it has been removed. :sick:

I also always fear if someone sits next to me and eats with their mouth open. It is the one single WORST thing that a person could ever do. :'(

What problem or situation did TV / movies make you think would be common, but when you grew up, you found out it wasn’t?

Learning that vampires weren’t actually real was a hard fact to deal with, knowing that Edward Cullen wasn’t going to come save me and introduce me to this wealthy lowkey lifestyle surrounded by luxury and thirst for blood. No Damon or Stefan Salvatore to save me from my car falling off a bridge or sweeping me off my feet in the face of danger. It’s always “wyd” never *puts on Edward Cullens voice* “No measure of time with you will be long enough, but let’s start with forever”. :haha:

What movie does everyone love, that you hate?

I’m probably going to get a lot of hate for this but The Lord of The Rings was honestly the biggest disappointment for me. It’s nine hours of my life I’ll never get back! Though, I really enjoyed The Hobbit. I just could not for the life of me sit through the original films without getting distracted and all I could see was Sean Astin as Bob from Stranger Things and couldn’t take him seriously as Sam.

What is your idea of the perfect vacation?

I love exploring new cities. I am lucky to live in the UK so flights are cheaper to European Cities. I have been to Dublin, Amsterdam and Paris so far since getting my passport only two years ago (which is very late in my life as it was just after I graduated from University). My perfect vacation would to be to fly to a few different cities over the span of 2 weeks and go sightseeing to immerse into the culture. On my bucket list for now are places like Iceland, Venice, Rome and Prague. I look forward to when the pandemic is over so I can begin to tick these off :)

What is your favourite Yo memory?

My absolute favourite yo memory is meeting my two best friends. One is from Australia and the other is from South Africa. They were both so uptight when I first met them and so snobby towards the noobs of yoworld until they accepted me, the girl who always wore the Cat in Boots Costume FT2015 to literally every single event. They taught me how to dress my avatar and how to meet new people! I talk to them every single day without fail and have known them since 2015/6. I can not imagine a day without them messaging me on WhatsApp and killing me with their satire. I love them beyond compare. If you could meet your soulmates, I honestly believe I've met mine. They just, unfortunately, live on the other side of the world and are female :haha: !

Viking Andrew

Postby jitterbug (11632831) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:15 pm

Loved taking part!! Thanks again :D

jitterbug (11632831)
YoWorld Level: 286
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 15, 2009

Forum Posts: 4041
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby Yoyi (2227873) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:37 pm

jitterbug (11632831) wrote:Loved taking part!! Thanks again :D

Great feature and so nice to know about you jitterbug. Nice to meeting you!! :heart:
Yoyi (2227873)
YoWorld Level: 356
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 24, 2008

Forum Posts: 3823
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby May (110044468) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:03 pm

Nice getting to know more about you jitterbug :)
"Bloom Where You are Planted" --Saint Francis de Sales

Dr Who House || Groovy Nature Walk || Amusement Park

May (110044468)
YoWorld Level: 391
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 26, 2009

Forum Posts: 4097

Postby SUSIE YED (120378068) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:49 pm

I really enjoyed getting to know you. Thank you for all you do. I love the gem challenges. I hate spiders too!..lol

SUSIE YED (120378068)
YoWorld Level: 290
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 08, 2009

Forum Posts: 88
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby SkyracerJamie (103175992) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:39 pm

Jitterbug I am with you on fear. I have to quickly vacuum up spiders I find in my home and I scream and jump and shudder when one gets near or on me

I love Tacos. No touchy my Tacos!

SkyracerJamie (103175992)
YoWorld Level: 256
YoWorld Start Date: May 21, 2009

Forum Posts: 383
Forum Title: YoRegular
Location: In bikini bottom with Spongebob and the rest of the gang

Postby Alison YOJ (114726325) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:52 am

This is a cute feature, but never heard about it before, hahaha! I must be out of the loop.
CLICK THE FLOWER TO VISIT ME

Alison YOJ (114726325)
YoWorld Level: 350
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 17, 2009

Forum Posts: 752
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Re: [KNOW THE YO] This Week: SkyracerJamie! (February 19th,

Postby Viking Andrew » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:52 am

Hey YoFans!

Today, SkyracerJamie is who we are going to be learning a little bit more about! WOO!

What’s the most useless talent you have?
Umm getting ouchies. Cuts, bruises. I am very accident prone. :haha:

What did you binge watch recently?
It wasn't recent but I binge watched NCIS (Mark Harmon version) all 16 seasons (at the time) in like a month. I was watching like 15 hours a day-at work (was working in ship from store for Walmart and it was allowed at the time) and at home.

Is there any food everyone loves, but you can’t stand?
Olives blech! I can stand their smell but the taste no way

How did you come up with your Yoname?
My dad was trying to come up with a username back when he first allowed me to use AOL. He goes "Skyracergirl?" and I said sure. I use the Skyracer part everywhere a username is used/required and I'll either add the girl part or Jamie as it is my real name.

What embarrassing thing did you do in your past, that you laugh at now?
Probably getting stuck in a baby swing when I was 7 years old in front of a bunch of people and they had to call the fire department to break me out. But I got a teddy bear for being so brave :haha: . It was also my great grandmother's 95th birthday when it happened.

What do you have an irrational fear of?
Being and dying alone and spiders! I will scream jump run away and be like a ninja with the vacuum if I find one. I actually flung one across the room a couple days ago no idea where it landed

What problem or situation did TV / movies make you think would be common, but when you grew up you found out it wasn’t?
Finding love in the first person you meet

What movie does everyone love, that you hate?
Avatar, didn't find it all too fascinating

What is your idea of the perfect vacation?
Going to England. I have always wanted to go see it. I know several people who live there. My dad would love to go to Australia

What is your favourite Yo memory?
Meeting a friend I played with everyday who now no longer plays due to health reasons.

Viking Andrew

Re: [KNOW THE YO] This Week: SkyracerJamie! (Feb 26th, 2021)

Postby SkyracerJamie (103175992) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:56 am

Thank you Viking Andrew for picking me. I am apologizing in advance for my answer to the common movie one, I had no idea what to put there so I just said that but it's silly :haha:

Postby Smooookin (126579776) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:18 pm

It was nice to learn more about both of you, Jitters and Racer. :)

I don't know if I can recover from someone not enjoying LOTR or Avatar. I enjoyed them both enough for all of us I guess? LOL

Ever tried
Ever failed
No matter
Try again
Fail again
Fail better

Samuel Beckett
Smooookin (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 373
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 43592
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Viking Andrew » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:23 pm

Rod (126579776) wrote:It was nice to learn more about both of you, Jitters and Racer. :)

I don't know if I can recover from someone not enjoying LOTR or Avatar. I enjoyed them both enough for all of us I guess? LOL

I also don't like LOTR. :angel:
Viking Andrew

Postby Smooookin (126579776) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:38 pm

Viking Andrew wrote:
Rod (126579776) wrote:It was nice to learn more about both of you, Jitters and Racer. :)

Goodness. I have a question for all 3 of you then. It's very simple. Tell me one recent movie that you'd say was your favorite. Don't pick Gone With The Wind or Wizard of Oz or Citizen Kane. I'm not trying to be impressed by your movie "buffness". I just want to understand what type of movie you do enjoy?

Pretty Woman? Down With Love? Matrix? Nightmare On Elm Street? 40 Year Old Virgin? :?: :?: :?:

Ever tried
Ever failed
No matter
Try again
Fail again
Fail better

Samuel Beckett
Smooookin (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 373
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 43592
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby SkyracerJamie (103175992) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:51 pm

Rod (126579776) wrote:
Viking Andrew wrote:

Goodness. I have a question for all 3 of you then. It's very simple. Tell me one recent movie that you'd say was your favorite. Don't pick Gone With The Wind or Wizard of Oz or Citizen Kane. I'm not trying to be impressed by your movie "buffness". I just want to understand what type of movie you do enjoy?

Pretty Woman? Down With Love? Matrix? Nightmare On Elm Street? 40 Year Old Virgin? :?: :?: :?:

This is hard for me cuz I have lots of favorites...but I'll say Titanic such a great movie

Postby May (110044468) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:57 pm

SkyracerJamie (103175992) wrote:Thank you Viking Andrew for picking me. I am apologizing in advance for my answer to the common movie one, I had no idea what to put there so I just said that but it's silly :haha:

Nice to know more about you Jamie :)
And I am with you on the Avatar movie. It was so hyped that by the time I saw it I was like "meh".

And, I get it-- "hate" is too strong a word for the question.
It should read "which movie do other people love, but you are "meh" about.
"Bloom Where You are Planted" --Saint Francis de Sales

Dr Who House || Groovy Nature Walk || Amusement Park

May (110044468)
YoWorld Level: 391
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 26, 2009

Forum Posts: 4097

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions