[KNOW THE YO] This Week: Double Header! (October 16th, 2020)

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [KNOW THE YO] This Week:Pierre A! (October 8th, 2020)

Postby Autumn Glory (105171200) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:15 pm

Nice to learn more about you, Pierre! Thanks for sharing! :heart:
Image Image
"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." ` Aesop

Autumn Glory (105171200)
YoWorld Level: 324
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 13873
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby JustJo (106622274) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:54 am

:hug: Pierre always a pleasure seeing your name & I love the advice answer you gave.. thank you for making my yo gaming an enjoyable experience and as everyone else has stated love the designs..so happy to hear your job is going well and you can look back on your designs and see how far you have come. you're an all around fashion designer that creates beautiful works of art...thank you for helping me make my avatar look way better than I ever could without you!! thanks for everything and you made me smile... thanks for that too! :) :hug:

JustJo (106622274)
YoWorld Level: 282
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 74535
Forum Title: YoManiac

Re: [KNOW THE YO] This Week: Leeum! (October 16th, 2020)

Postby Viking Andrew » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:06 am

Hey YoFans!

We're back again. We have a special treat for you this week. Not one...but TWO people are being featured. First up, we have Leeum!

If You Could Time Travel, when Would You Go?
I would love to see what life was like in the 60s/70s - but I think right now I'd time travel to about 2022 in hope that the C word had finally gone away.

If you were the CEO of a company name one thing you would make compulsory in the office and one thing you would ban in the office.
Must be at least one dog present at all times for therapy purposes. I'd ban smelly foods - please stop heating them up in office microwaves.

What Is The Funniest Thing You Have Ever Seen A Stranger Do?
I mean I laugh anytime a stranger falls over in front of me, but probably once when someone flew down a train carriage because it moved unexpectedly -- you shouldn't laugh, but it was hilarious.

If You Could Ask Your Pet 3 Questions, What Would They Be?
He's a dog so...
  • Is anyone actually going to believe your answers?
  • Why do you despise cats?
  • Can you please learn how to talk permanently? You'd make a good therapist

What Accomplishment Are You Most Proud Of?
Getting my place at University! I really did not think I was going to make the grades.

If You Could Learn Any One Skill In The World Without Trying (Like Matrix Learning Style), Which Would You Pick?
If we're talking ridiculous super-power skills, then maybe mind-reading -- for realistic skills, I'd love to be able to master another language, such as Japanese.

Which animal would make the best type of president if the animal kingdom ever rises up and takes over?
I have no idea who'd be best, but based on the movies it's most likely going to be apes who rise up and take over. Maybe a dog would make a good president? As long as there were no squirrels nearby.

Describe your life using film titles.
Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown.

As A Child, What Did You Wish To Become When You Grew Up?
An astronaut! But now I study marketing...so maybe not, eh?

What is your favourite Yo memory?
Winning the HW2019 design contest or the AV2019 theme contest!

Viking Andrew
YoWorld Level: 500

Forum Posts: 2641
Forum Title: The Best Taco Artist

Re: [KNOW THE YO] This Week:DonnaSue Latorio!(October 16th 2

Postby Viking Andrew » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:06 am

Next up, we have DonnaSue Latorio!

1750ish - This is the time frame where my First Nations ancestors were brought to Quebec and I would love to hear the real story of their migration. Bringing some of our traditions back to the present would be a bonus as so much has been lost through European contact. I would love to be able to revitalize some of it, but I think hearing the stories from their own perspective would be amazing.

If you were the CEO of a company name one thing you would make compulsory in the office and one thing you would ban in the office.

I would definitely make it mandatory that everyone take a "lunch" break. I work through lunch most days and have most of my career and find that there are days I am so burnt out by the time I leave. If people (me included) took that 1/2 hour - 1 hour everyday to just walk away from their desk or work station, it really does help refresh you. As for banning something - it would be coming in sick. But I would PAY them to stay home and get better. I'd rather have someone miss a day or two than come in and have everyone sick within a week. It's much more cost productive.

I actually have a fair number of "I can't believe I saw that" stories. One of my favorites was on a flight home from Florida. We were boarding and there was a back up as we were trying to get to our seats. Once I got midplane, I saw an elderly woman with a life size stuffed Mickey seat belted into a seat next to her and a very amused flight attendant trying to explain that Mickey didn't have a ticket and the seat belonged to the equally amused young man with her. They eventually got it sorted out and Mickey rode with the flight attendants up front.

I don't have pets right now but my daughter used to smuggle all sorts of little critters home when she was in High School (she went to an Agricultural school). I would have asked them:

1. Are you thankful to A for having brought you home?

2. Do you like the "palace" you live in now compared to the shoebox that you were in before?

3. Does it bother you that I sneeze everytime I look at you?

Outside of Yo - it's a tie between my years in the Air Force and the young lady my daughter has become. OK, maybe not exactly a tie but I"m proud of both.
In Yo - Another tie - the success of my group, YoJournal News, I never dreamed how successful it would be when I started it. Of course, having Akira the Husky in game is another amazing thing to me. I dealt with a LOT of negativity when she won and than again when she was released, but I've learned to ignore that and just be proud of the fact that others like what I designed. And I'm SUPER happy that my little Joy the Hedgehog will be joining Akira next month.

If You Could Learn Any One Skill In The World Without Trying (Like Matrix Learning Style), Which Would You Pick?
This is a hard question because to me watching your progress while you learn is part of the feeling of accomplishment at the end. But, if I had to pick something, I would say my Nation's language! I would LOVE to be fluent in Michif.

Which animal would make the best type of president if the animal kingdom ever rises up and takes over?
The Owl!!! I'm obsessed with them lol but seriously, the characteristics applied here would make a great leader -- wisdom, family oriented and fierce when needed.

The Unbelievable Truth, Miracle and GI Jane

I wanted to be a teacher which never happened. I was a Girl Scout Leader for 13 years though and my daughter is now looking into becoming a teacher when she graduates college. I guess the apple doesn't fall far after all.

My first birthday in Yo after I came back in 2017. I had just joined the Latorio family and didn't know anyone so I hosted my own birthday party. Most of the family at that time surprised me by showing up and showering me with love and gifts (lots of animals for my zoo obsession). There were others who came too but it was the family letting me know I was part of something that really made the day memorable.

I'm always talking about my zoo obsession so obviously, I had to pick an exhibit to share - my owls

I'm super proud of my Native look - I spent months on this
Viking Andrew

Postby Adeline PINK (113719515) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:35 am

How about letting us ask for people to be spotlighted?

Adeline PINK (113719515)
YoWorld Level: 382
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 10788
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Miss TiFied (8432514) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:31 am

Your face case today was DA BOMB!! :shocked: :party:

OMG, you properly smashed TF outta that thing.....love it all - may never take it off :haha:

TYTYTY! :love:
ImageImage

Miss TiFied (8432514)
YoWorld Level: 353
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 01, 2009

Forum Posts: 8401
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Taurus (185839344) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:39 am

nice to learn about you pierre
Taurus (185839344)
YoWorld Level: 243
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2014

Forum Posts: 10297

Re: [KNOW THE YO] This Week: Double Header! (October 16th, 2

Postby Viking Andrew » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:43 pm

Hey Everyone!

If you check out the posts above, you'll see we are doing a special TWO YOFAN week!
Viking Andrew

Postby Quarantined Mata (13429328) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:00 pm

Viking Andrew wrote:Hey Everyone!

If you check out the posts above, you'll see we are doing a special TWO YOFAN week!

You forgot Donna's picture.
Et tu, Brute?

Snitches get stitches
Quarantined Mata (13429328)
YoWorld Level: 302
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 10, 2009

Forum Posts: 4389
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby Adeline PINK (113719515) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:14 pm

Oh wow. I posted something and had no idea Donna Sue was there already. I am so sorry.

Donna Sue, you have had an interesting life! I support your views about lunch hours and sick leave and salute your service in the military. I am pleased your daughter is planning on becoming a teacher. We do not have enough of them. I have never met you in game and have actually only seen you a few times here on the forum so it is great to learn something about you. I hope we meet up sometime.

Adeline PINK (113719515)
YoWorld Level: 382
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 10788

Postby voodoosue (118968402) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:20 pm

hey jojo * waves*
good to see you around again in here :D

have a great weekend :hug: :heart:
IM JUST IRRELEVANT AND INVISIBLE

some people should use a glue stick instead of chap stick
ImageImage

voodoosue (118968402)
YoWorld Level: 349
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 02, 2009

Forum Posts: 7846
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Lou Cipher (126579776) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:23 pm

Always fun to learn about good Yos :)

I loved her not for the way she danced with my angels, but for the way the sound of her name silenced my demons....Christopher Nolan
Lou Cipher (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 335
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 41757
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Re: [KNOW THE YO] This Week: Leeum! (October 16th, 2020)

Postby DonnaSue Latorio (187546514) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:48 pm

LOVE that the other half of the Double Header is dear Leeum :hug: :hug: Nice to learna bit more about you doll!!!

Viking Andrew wrote:Hey YoFans!

We're back again. We have a special treat for you this week. Not one...but TWO people are being featured. First up, we have Leeum!

I would love to see what life was like in the 60s/70s - but I think right now I'd time travel to about 2022 in hope that the C word had finally gone away.

Must be at least one dog present at all times for therapy purposes. I'd ban smelly foods - please stop heating them up in office microwaves.

I mean I laugh anytime a stranger falls over in front of me, but probably once when someone flew down a train carriage because it moved unexpectedly -- you shouldn't laugh, but it was hilarious.

He's a dog so...
  • Is anyone actually going to believe your answers?
  • Why do you despise cats?
  • Can you please learn how to talk permanently? You'd make a good therapist

Getting my place at University! I really did not think I was going to make the grades.

If we're talking ridiculous super-power skills, then maybe mind-reading -- for realistic skills, I'd love to be able to master another language, such as Japanese.

I have no idea who'd be best, but based on the movies it's most likely going to be apes who rise up and take over. Maybe a dog would make a good president? As long as there were no squirrels nearby.

Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown.

An astronaut! But now I study marketing...so maybe not, eh?

Winning the HW2019 design contest or the AV2019 theme contest!

DonnaSue Latorio (187546514)
YoWorld Level: 344
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 13, 2017

Forum Posts: 661
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby DonnaSue Latorio (187546514) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:49 pm

Quarantined Mata (13429328) wrote:

You forgot Donna's picture.

It's being taken care of :D

Postby DonnaSue Latorio (187546514) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:51 pm

Adeline PINK (113719515) wrote:

Oh wow. I posted something and had no idea Donna Sue was there already. I am so sorry.

Donna Sue, you have had an interesting life! I support your views about lunch hours and sick leave and salute your service in the military. I am pleased your daughter is planning on becoming a teacher. We do not have enough of them. I have never met you in game and have actually only seen you a few times here on the forum so it is great to learn something about you. I hope we meet up sometime.

Thank you Adeline PINK :hug: :hug: I'm sure we will meet at some point and I look forward to it. You don't see me much cuz I'm usually stalking during work hours (we have a block on Facebook) If I DO sign in during the workday it's on my phone so just quick little OMG I can't wait posts ;) ;)

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:08 pm

what a great person to be featured with :heart:
Leeum (130695460)
YoWorld Level: 333
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 26120
Forum Title: YoManiac

Postby DonnaSue Latorio (187546514) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:13 pm

Leeum (130695460) wrote:what a great person to be featured with :heart:

My thoughts exactly :heart: :heart:

Re: [KNOW THE YO] This Week:DonnaSue Latorio!(October 16th 2

Postby DonnaSue Latorio (187546514) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:47 pm

*Thank you for fixing it Andrew :D
Last edited by DonnaSue Latorio (187546514) on Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:20 pm

Hi DonnaSue Latorio!

I love your outfit and my mom's favorite creature was the owl too. She had hundreds of them friends had given her over the years. And I may be crazy, but I've seen GI Jane like 8 times which for me is a lot lol.

Good to meet you!
:love: :hug: :party:
Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 323
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 14441
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Maggie (109217188) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:33 pm

This was a great ideal...
Not in forum as much as I use to be..
But I do come in just to say Hi at times and see what's going on behind the scenes ..
Hello to everyone..
And keep this going..
Its great..
:heart: :hug: :heart:

Maggie (109217188)
YoWorld Level: 358
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 19, 2009

Forum Posts: 5346
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: In my own little World..But its ok everyone knows me here ..Peace!

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions