[PODCAST] The AMA To RULE All AMA's! (Thurs. Oct. 10th)

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

[PODCAST] The AMA To RULE All AMA's! (Thurs. Oct. 10th)

Postby Viking Sarah » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:14 pm

Hey YoFans!

I know what you're thinking .... "Sarah. Podcast? What's a podcast? It's been forever!"

I hang my head in shame! But have no fear! Viking Andrew and myself are ramping up for another episode of the YoWorld Update and we need YOUR help! We're putting together a big AMA (Ask Me Anything) and your questions are needed!

On the next episode of the YoWorld Update podcast, we will be featuring not one, not two, but MANY Vikings who work behind-the-scenes on YoWorld daily! The exact identity of these Vikings is still a closely guarded secret, but we can let you know that Vikings from the following teams will make an appearance and be answering your questions:

• Player Happiness Team (These are the superheroes behind help tickets! When you submit a ticket in game, these tickets are received and answered by the Player Happiness team! They know YoWorld!)
  • Quality Assurance Team (QA) (Items, features, events, even background tools used by the YoWorld team -- these are the Vikings who test and release most of these!)
  • Dev Team (At the heart of YoWorld is code, and this is the team that puts it all together!)
  • Community Management Team (No obligation with this one, but if you have questions for Andrew or myself, fire away!)

Additionally, we also are opening the floor for you to ask questions of other players! Please try to keep these questions generic and not directed to your specific YoFriends. Ask questions of your fellow YoFans AND answer them in this thread as well for the chance to have them read aloud in the next episode!

So, on your marks.... get set...... GO!

Viking Sarah
YoWorld Level: 309

Forum Posts: 654
Forum Title: YoWorld Community Manager

Re: [PODCAST] The AMA To RULE All AMA's! (Thurs. Sept. 10th)

Postby Shears (126579776) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:51 pm

They must all be afraid to ask........ :haha: :haha: :haha:

I have some questions and they are all related. I'm sorry, I don't have any funny softball questions this time. The elephant in the room must be addressed. I wish you all the best as you try to answer them. Don't forget, I am an IT auditor and have done many development and QA/QC audits.............

Perfection is the goal. At least it should be. Accordingly -

1. What is the root cause of the inordinate number of glitchy items lately? (analysis)
2. No matter the causes, what are you doing to prevent repeats? (oversight, remediation)
3. If so many items fail when they go live, how many more are caught during QA/QC? (effectiveness)
4. What incentives (carrot or stick) do devs have to get it right the first time? (goals)
5. Do you monitor, track, and trend item failures and how does this feed the dev process? (oversight)
6. Do you require each employee to play the live game away from the office for at least one hour per week? (experiential)

OK one fun question for being good sports -

7. What is your favorite Halloween candy? :smug:

Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it'll get you the right ones. - John Lennon
Shears (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 255
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 35100
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby SamiSpiffy23 (138400888) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:04 pm

Sounds fun. I'm in. Will edit shortly with questions :D
Last edited by SamiSpiffy23 (138400888) on Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    【♡Click on banner to visit me♡】I love mail! ツ
SamiSpiffy23 (138400888)
YoWorld Level: 305
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 55130
Forum Title: YoManiac

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:07 pm

Glad to see you posting more again, Sarah. Rod hogged a lot of the best questions so I'll think about it a bit.

I do wonder what is the criteria for having threads whisked away to other forums, while very similar threads remain for weeks? In particular, I'm all for having threads that showcase decorators & I don't see how they are anything but positive examples for the game. We need more feel-good threads here.
ImageImage
*Passive aggressive siggies are pretentious and exhausting.*

JulieHootieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 333
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 11898
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Pix Elated (6134566) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:40 pm

I just clicked to find out why the thread is dated Thursday, October 10, but the title says "Thurs. Sept. 10th)"? Are the Vikings going to finally reveal that, yes, they are indeed time travelers? :D
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates --Mark Twain

A work in progress...
Horrendous House

Pix Elated (6134566)
YoWorld Level: 295
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 10, 2008

Forum Posts: 2015
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby Kat (106520804) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:34 pm

I had my question all typed out and for some reason it all poofed when I hit submit. So trying again.
I look forward to this podcast. Since there will be so many behind the scenes vikings attending, and you did say we can ask anything, :) could we please get an update on HTML-5. Is it still in the works? If so do you think we'll still have all of our homes and inventories. It would be nice to get some insight on this issue. I know I'm far from the only one that would like to know.

P.S., can you explain on the Mobile Companion App what the difference is in the different quests such as super win, big win etc. Sometimes it will say get 3 big wins for example, you get a big win and then it doesn't register. So it would be nice to understand what it takes to complete some of the quests. If you need to get to the bonus rounds, it should just say the bonus round and not big, mega or super win. Will we get an update with new games and levels soon?

Kat (106520804)
YoWorld Level: 369
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 15, 2016

Forum Posts: 1267
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby JamesBowman (186253444) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:46 pm

Question - Is yoworld in part HTML5 with new themes, buildings like Alton’s getting updated and such. Are those in HTML5?
Click my siggy to visit my youtube channel! :)
JamesBowman (186253444)
YoWorld Level: 256
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 06, 2015

Forum Posts: 1119
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby TipsyTurvy (185712917) » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:07 am

My questions are pretty simple. :D

1. Not sure if the Player Happiness Team would be able to answer this - Has there been any funny/weird help tickets that you've received (that is, if you have received any funny/weird ones)? If that's not appropriate, then, what's your favourite part about working in the Player Happiness Team?

2. And, just a generic question for the CM Team - What's been your favourite theme? And what did you like/love about it?

:)
TipsyTurvy (185712917)
YoWorld Level: 254
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 20, 2014

Forum Posts: 3698
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:18 am

Why are there so many issues with quality that have never been rectified?

Leeum (130695460)
YoWorld Level: 327
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 25525

Re: [PODCAST] The AMA To RULE All AMA's! (Thurs. Oct. 10th)

Postby ChristineYo2008 (4327680) » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:05 pm

My question is an expansion on Leeum's. Whether now or in HTML5, would you please consider standardizing sizes, colors, etc. I used to suspect you didn't because it would throw so many rooms out of whack but that's happening anyway. I often open a room and the doors, windows, etc., are all in the wrong places. There is even a home for sale (I forget which one, a cabin I think) that can't even be manually fixed.

Please, please, please scale everything consistently and give us ONE navy (one sky blue, one ocean blue, etc.) ONE pink (one rose, one mauve, etc.) Just basically develop a style guide.
If something can be taken the wrong way or another way, I meant it the other way.
HomeYoAngelsFull Wish ListAvailable for Trade(s)

ChristineYo2008 (4327680)
YoWorld Level: 252
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 30, 2008

Forum Posts: 763
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:10 pm

Why are you not as active as you used to be? It seems like we barely see our community managers now. :)

Leeum (130695460)
YoWorld Level: 327
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 25525

Postby ShaRcoaleyes PTxYoP (7767969) » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:24 pm

How come we cant use teleport arrows in gem challenge rooms? The number of gem challenge rooms are building up and its such a waste if we cant connect them to our homes/rooms.
Administrator of Yoworld Pinoy Tambayan.
(PT Club)
, The Filipino Community

Visit our page:
https://www.facebook.com/yoworldpinoytambayan/

ShaRcoaleyes PTxYoP (7767969)
YoWorld Level: 294
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 20, 2009

Forum Posts: 75
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby Jade (136873125) » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:57 pm

Sunshine (126579776) wrote:They must all be afraid to ask........ :haha: :haha: :haha:

I have some questions and they are all related. I'm sorry, I don't have any funny softball questions this time. The elephant in the room must be addressed. I wish you all the best as you try to answer them. Don't forget, I am an IT auditor and have done many development and QA/QC audits.............

1. What is the root cause of the inordinate number of glitchy items lately? (analysis)
2. No matter the causes, what are you doing to prevent repeats? (oversight, remediation)
3. If so many items fail when they go live, how many more are caught during QA/QC? (effectiveness)
4. What incentives (carrot or stick) do devs have to get it right the first time? (goals)
5. Do you monitor, track, and trend item failures and how does this feed the dev process? (oversight)
6. Do you require each employee to play the live game away from the office for at least one hour per week? (experiential)

This they need to do most of all, so they can experience the same laggy issues we are always faced with! Then maybe they would understand our frustration more!
Jade (136873125)
YoWorld Level: 307
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 1735
Forum Title: YoFan
Location: Somewhere not far from BVG in London, Ontario, Canada

Postby Riff (185643699) » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:45 am

Sunshine (126579776) wrote:They must all be afraid to ask........ :haha: :haha: :haha:

:thumbsup:

do you have plans for altons? you stil havent moved the benches back to where they used to be, where they actually worked. where they are now.. the chat bubbles get cut off. we've told u this a few times already. altons used to be massively popular but is dying off. well thats due to lag and i dont see that ever being fixed. but there are a couple of other things u could do to improve it.. redecorate it. get rid of the useless fountain and replace it with a few benches and maybe a pool. keep it simple because of the crowd lag.. before its becomes completely dead
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply - Stephen R. Covey
Riff (185643699)
YoWorld Level: 388
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 28, 2014

Forum Posts: 11988
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Amy Pond (117302962) » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:21 am

why do i see the same player room entries when voting. if i don't choose a players room,it seems to keep popping, what is the algorithm regarding rooms we see to vote on,

Amy Pond (117302962)
YoWorld Level: 381
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 26, 2009

Forum Posts: 5816
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby ChristineYo2008 (4327680) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:36 am

Why are things like private message here, logs in game, etc., limited, cut off after a few weeks, etc.? Text takes next to no server space and it would be so helpful to be able to go back and look things up.
If something can be taken the wrong way or another way, I meant it the other way.
HomeYoAngelsFull Wish ListAvailable for Trade(s)

ChristineYo2008 (4327680)
YoWorld Level: 252
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 30, 2008

Forum Posts: 763

Postby xSamix (152222185) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:51 am

Can you please make it so we can turn the music off at Altons and the factory but leave the other sounds on?
Its so awful
........................................................Image.........................................................

xSamix (152222185)
YoWorld Level: 242
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 07, 2010

Forum Posts: 716

Postby Hillbunny (103783869) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:00 am

My question is about the yo cash deals being offered.

One of my pet peeves is that if I want to purchase more than one yo cash deal I have to purchase each one separately.

Why can't you offer the ability to buy more than one at the same time? Like when we purchases the hair/hat/npc boxes?

My next question is in regards to the appreciation packages offered.
I understand offering different levels.
But why not offer us the ability to purchase all the price points up to the level of appreciation we reach?
Limit of ONE package we are comfortable with.
I feel like I'm being forced to spend more if I want the deal.
I hope that makes sense. .

Can we get any of these items in the game please?

poutine platter hh
poutine costume
Macaroni & Cheese noodle costume
Macaroni & cheese hh
Pop Tart costume
Pop Tart hh
Bagel Costume
Cheese Cake costume
Cheese Cake hh
Pumpkin Pie hat

Hillbunny (103783869)
YoWorld Level: 333