Lag and Disgruntled Customers, Lack of Viking Transparency

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: Lag and Disgruntled Customers, Lack of Viking Transparen

Postby Shears (126579776) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:41 pm

Sam Holmes (139381965) wrote:
Sunshine (126579776) wrote:What hardware does it take to play Yo? Some people don't care. They were born in the lag and they love it. Other players try to get the cheapest device they can and hope it works. Sometimes this will work, but most of the time it won't and you'll definitely open yourself up for risk of current and future software ruining your fun. With the caveats out of the way, let's get salty.

MORE IS BETTER - When it comes to buying tech, obviously the more of anything you can afford to buy the better off it will work.
RAM RAM RAM RAM - I'm not playing around here. The single most important factor in your tech is RAM. Everything works faster with more of it.
PROCESSOR - This one is second most important. Don't fool around here. If it isn't clocking over 3GHz or higher, you can get in trouble. 4 or higher is awesome.
GRAPHICS CARD - Think of your screen as a movie. Do you want black and white or HD color? The better your graphics card, the better the game will look and play.
HARD DRIVE TYPE - SD drives work faster than disks. Therefore anything they do is faster by default.
WIRELESS CARD - You need a quality wireless card in your PC/laptop that can give you 250MBPS performance or more.
WIRELESS ROUTER - I can't tell you the number of people I talk to who have spent $5K on hardware and have a crappy $50 router hooked up to their high speed internet. If your router is over 5 years old, it is probably ready to break and definitely not fast enough. Buy a gaming router to go with that 100MBPS internet you are paying for.

Obviously these are pretty generic to fit as many devices as possible. Decent machines run about $700 for laptops and $500 for desktops. You are paying for the things I listed above. Obviously you can spend $15K on a laptop if that floats your boat, but I'd argue you'll get almost as good of performance out of one costing $3K.

So there is your IT recommendation for the day. Don't blame BVG every time the game lags. They do own some of it at times, so they don't get a pass. But my guess is about 95% of lag problems are on our end of the line. Happy shopping!

I do all my serious tech shopping on these sites. They always have good specials running and if you time it right, you can steal something really sweet. None of them paid me CRAP for recommending them. LOL There's a ton of sites out there, and I'll use any one of them that has a great deal. So don't lock yourself in to these!

https://www.newegg.com/Computer-Systems/Store/ID-3
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/browse/Computers-Solutions/ci/9581/N/4294542559
https://www.cdw.com/content/cdw/en/products/computers.html

This problem started for many of us at the same time!

It's not my router and my computer isn't that old. :yawn: :haha:

There's definitely something funny going on at BVG. I've gotten many messages asking about it. I think it's good for BVG to know there's problems, and that they are not affecting everyone. They have obviously been on it today, so hopefully it works for everyone soon!

And I'm sorry it's got ya hung up. You are not alone. :hug:

:thumbsup:

Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it'll get you the right ones. - John Lennon
Shears (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 255
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 35099
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:45 pm

xo JoyceCHoice ox (180728982) wrote:
Kio (185180932) wrote:
Stardust (186190305) wrote:
Viking Andrew wrote:Hey Everyone,

We have seen an uptick in performance issues when it comes to dressing your avatar, and it is something our team is actively investigating.

Unfortunately, I don't have any other news I can provide right now, but as soon as I know more, I'll make sure you all know more as well.

This post of mine might be an unpopular post, but I need to tell you, Viking Andrew, that I have no issues at all, I mean no lag nor avatar-dressing/saving issue. On the contrary, YoWorld game loads faster on Safari after I upgraded my computer OS from Mojave to Catalina yesterday. This little piece of information might be something your team can take into account when examining the problems. Good luck addressing these problems. I hope you guys can sort it out soon and thanks for the update.

Edit: I have no issues with the desktop app either.

I'm really glad for you, but that means nothing to those of us that had no problems and just recently started having these issues at the same time.

Just facts :trophy: Mine was fine too when people first started posting about it, then BAM, it started happening to me too. Its been a domino effect, spreading like a viral infection. First, for me, it was hitting the done button and itd slowly save my fit.
Then itd completely freeze once I hit done.
After that, itd save but my whole game screen froze and became pixelated for 1-2 minutes solid, then unfreeze and get clear again.
Then saving outfits to slots started freezing, even longer than the done button.
I started getting server disconnections and unresponse from hitting done, saving fits.
After that my avi appeared HUGE in the edit window, was out of frame, blown up. (pic below)
After that, putting on items each one would take a long time to put on as if I was swapping them, not adding them.
Now it says flash isn't responding when its freezing, that pops up about 3 times before saved.
Then my avi wouldnt update here either cause of the slowness even when my fit was different in game.
One trick Ive discovered is when my page is saying server or flash not responding is to just wait, dont click wait or reconnect or refresh, just sit there with the pop up. Itll go away and save quicker and update my avi here.

ZipLocket wrote the same things. I replied there this way. Of course I could be wrong, but it is a possibility. The fact that I have no edit and saving problems could be because I am located so differently than the rest of you and am being served by a completely different server (Cloudflare has servers all over the world but mostly in the capital or bigger cities of a country.)

copy and paste from another thread: It is a caching issue. Try to clear your browser cache a few times. It usually works. The old version of your browser cache is being served to you with older data. If you have tried that several times and it still does not work, it could be server-side cache, and it is being delayed because of DNS issues. YoWorld is served by Cloudflare, so there might be delays in Cloudflare's DNS propagating to its clients. Or, Cloudflare is changing its servers and there is a delay due to your computer being connected to that new server while the new data is not completely transferred yet and you are being given the old cache versions. It should go away in a few days. Hang in there, Zip :hug:

“We've learned to fly the air like birds, we've learned to swim the seas like fish, and yet we haven't learned to walk the Earth as brothers.”

– Martin Luther King Jr.

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 401
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015

Forum Posts: 14396
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Kath (109737351) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:46 pm

Stardust (186190305) wrote:First thing first, I wrote that for Sarah, for additional information, knowing and completely aware that I would be hated for it. I started my post by saying that it would be an unpopular post. However, if with that little information, the problem affecting many others could be more accurately diagnosed and rectified, my being hated in this Forum really means nothing compared to it. It is still worth it.

With this, I am gone for the night.

Edit: oops, for Viking Andrew (and his team)

I would think it might be helpful to know that not everyone is having problems.

Kath (109737351)
YoWorld Level: 314
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 881
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Sam Holmes (139381965) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:47 pm

Sunshine (126579776) wrote:
Sunshine (126579776) wrote:What hardware does it take to play Yo? Some people don't care. They were born in the lag and they love it. Other players try to get the cheapest device they can and hope it works. Sometimes this will work, but most of the time it won't and you'll definitely open yourself up for risk of current and future software ruining your fun. With the caveats out of the way, let's get salty.

MORE IS BETTER - When it comes to buying tech, obviously the more of anything you can afford to buy the better off it will work.
RAM RAM RAM RAM - I'm not playing around here. The single most important factor in your tech is RAM. Everything works faster with more of it.
PROCESSOR - This one is second most important. Don't fool around here. If it isn't clocking over 3GHz or higher, you can get in trouble. 4 or higher is awesome.
GRAPHICS CARD - Think of your screen as a movie. Do you want black and white or HD color? The better your graphics card, the better the game will look and play.
HARD DRIVE TYPE - SD drives work faster than disks. Therefore anything they do is faster by default.
WIRELESS CARD - You need a quality wireless card in your PC/laptop that can give you 250MBPS performance or more.
WIRELESS ROUTER - I can't tell you the number of people I talk to who have spent $5K on hardware and have a crappy $50 router hooked up to their high speed internet. If your router is over 5 years old, it is probably ready to break and definitely not fast enough. Buy a gaming router to go with that 100MBPS internet you are paying for.

Obviously these are pretty generic to fit as many devices as possible. Decent machines run about $700 for laptops and $500 for desktops. You are paying for the things I listed above. Obviously you can spend $15K on a laptop if that floats your boat, but I'd argue you'll get almost as good of performance out of one costing $3K.

So there is your IT recommendation for the day. Don't blame BVG every time the game lags. They do own some of it at times, so they don't get a pass. But my guess is about 95% of lag problems are on our end of the line. Happy shopping!

I do all my serious tech shopping on these sites. They always have good specials running and if you time it right, you can steal something really sweet. None of them paid me CRAP for recommending them. LOL There's a ton of sites out there, and I'll use any one of them that has a great deal. So don't lock yourself in to these!

This problem started for many of us at the same time!

It's not my router and my computer isn't that old. :yawn: :haha:

There's definitely something funny going on at BVG. I've gotten many messages asking about it. I think it's good for BVG to know there's problems, and that they are not affecting everyone. They have obviously been on it today, so hopefully it works for everyone soon!

But why did it take them so long to address it when many people have been talking about for a long while. I think this was BadMoons original message. Distracting the conversation and turning it to it being our problem doesn't help those of us that were suddenly affected by it. It wasn't just one person yelling the sky is falling.

BadMoon (153955457) wrote:We would like to know if any of this is being address, IT IS NOT too much to ask.and it is NOT too much to ask for a little acknowledgement that all these numerous threads of this issue, has NOT just been ignore.
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler

Sam Holmes (139381965)
YoWorld Level: 346
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 21290
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby Shears (126579776) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:50 pm

Sunshine (126579776) wrote:There's definitely something funny going on at BVG. I've gotten many messages asking about it. I think it's good for BVG to know there's problems, and that they are not affecting everyone. They have obviously been on it today, so hopefully it works for everyone soon!

But why did it take them so long to address it when many people have been talking about for a long while. I think this was BadMoons original message. Distracting the conversation and turning it to it being our problem doesn't help those of us that were suddenly affected by it. It wasn't just one person yelling the sky is falling.

BadMoon (153955457) wrote:We would like to know if any of this is being address, IT IS NOT too much to ask.and it is NOT too much to ask for a little acknowledgement that all these numerous threads of this issue, has NOT just been ignore.

IDK? They always seem slow to react to some things and Johnny on the spot for others? It's frustrating for sure.

Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it'll get you the right ones. - John Lennon
Shears (126579776)

Postby Sam Holmes (139381965) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:01 pm

Stardust (186190305) wrote:First thing first, I wrote that for Sarah, for additional information, knowing and completely aware that I would be hated for it. I started my post by saying that it would be an unpopular post. However, if with that little information, the problem affecting many others could be more accurately diagnosed and rectified, my being hated in this Forum really means nothing compared to it. It is still worth it.

It would have been great if besides addressing the issue with you privately she had addressed it publicly to the many people who have been complaining about it. Even if as so little to acknowledge that they knew that a lot of people, who hadn't had any issues, suddenly were.

When you complain and all you here is silence from their end it's kind of upsetting.

Sam Holmes (139381965)

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:02 pm

Kath (109737351) wrote:

I would think it might be helpful to know that not everyone is having problems.

That's what I thought too, and I know for sure BVG know where I live, so server issues could be taken into consideration. That post I made was posted after many considerations.

“We've learned to fly the air like birds, we've learned to swim the seas like fish, and yet we haven't learned to walk the Earth as brothers.”

– Martin Luther King Jr.

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:18 pm

It would have been great if besides addressing the issue with you privately she had addressed it publicly to the many people who have been complaining about it. Even if as so little to acknowledge that they knew that a lot of people, who hadn't had any issues, suddenly were.

When you complain and all you here is silence from their end it's kind of upsetting.

No Viking addressed this issue with me privately. I was just responding to Viking Andrew when he said they were looking into it.

– Martin Luther King Jr.

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)

Postby Sam Holmes (139381965) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:24 pm

No Viking addressed this issue with me privately. I was just responding to Viking Andrew when he said they were looking into it.

Ah I see... I thought you had pm'd her/him bout it. :hug: Sorry for misunderstanding that.

Well, the issue was suddenly fixed.... I thank BadMoon for finally getting someone's attention to it.

Sam Holmes (139381965)

Postby Sam Holmes (139381965) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:25 pm

Ah I see... I thought you had pm'd her/him bout it. :hug: Sorry for misunderstanding that.

Well, the issue was suddenly fixed.... I thank BadMoon for finally getting someone's attention to it. It was getting really frustrating not being heard.

Sam Holmes (139381965)

Postby BadMoon (153955457) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:26 pm

Sunshine (126579776) wrote:There's definitely something funny going on at BVG. I've gotten many messages asking about it. I think it's good for BVG to know there's problems, and that they are not affecting everyone. They have obviously been on it today, so hopefully it works for everyone soon!

IDK? They always seem slow to react to some things and Johnny on the spot for others? It's frustrating for sure.

Aint even like that, Everyone else's thread title was a little too gentle about this issue.
I wasn't.
not being mean, but no one was getting any answer per the forums, all we ever desire is a little acknowledgement that they have read that there are issue, REGARDLESS as to whose post they answer.

BadMoon (153955457)
YoWorld Level: 321
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 21, 2010

Forum Posts: 10158
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby BadMoon (153955457) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:30 pm

Kath (109737351) wrote:Just wondering when BVG had to start being "transparent" and what that means exactly. I think I missed something.

We were told by the Vikings that whenever game issues came up, they would be more transparent about what was going on, and what fixes they were addressing.

BadMoon (153955457)
YoWorld Level: 321
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 21, 2010

Forum Posts: 10158
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:44 pm

Well, the issue was suddenly fixed.... I thank BadMoon for finally getting someone's attention to it. It was getting really frustrating not being heard.

No problem, Sam. glad it works for you now :hug:

– Martin Luther King Jr.

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)

Postby Taurus (185839344) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:51 pm

BadMoon (153955457) wrote:
Kath (109737351) wrote:Just wondering when BVG had to start being "transparent" and what that means exactly. I think I missed something.

We were told by the Vikings that whenever game issues came up, they would be more transparent about what was going on, and what fixes they were addressing.

actually, when BVG first bought the game... their first announcement was that they would be 100% transparent... i do know many faces have changed since then but no announcement has ever been made to declare any change in their stance.
Don't act like you're all that, You aren't even all there.
Taurus (185839344)
YoWorld Level: 236
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2014

Forum Posts: 8732
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Shears (126579776) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:55 pm

Taurus (185839344) wrote:

actually, when BVG first bought the game... their first announcement was that they would be 100% transparent... i do know many faces have changed since then but no announcement has ever been made to declare any change in their stance.

They've been more transparent than Zynga ever was, but they sure aren't 100%. That was a promise made with politician lips (or fingers). I never expected 100%, but we have gotten "more". That's just my opinion, and I'm sure other people will think and feel differently.

Shears (126579776)

Postby Taurus (185839344) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:29 pm

my router is at LEAST 10 years old.. it works fine but now I am paranoid... thanks jackass
Taurus (185839344)

Postby Jade (136873125) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:58 pm

They don't seem to care! We all know what causes the extreme lag in this game and when they end there is no more lag! It's been an ongoing issue and complaint since they started them! I have never played a game that had as much lag as YoWorld does!
Last edited by Jade (136873125) on Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jade (136873125)
YoWorld Level: 307
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 1735
Forum Title: YoFan
Location: Somewhere not far from BVG in London, Ontario, Canada

Postby Taurus (185839344) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:01 pm

They've been more transparent than Zynga ever was, but they sure aren't 100%. That was a promise made with politician lips (or fingers). I never expected 100%, but we have gotten "more". That's just my opinion, and I'm sure other people will think and feel differently.

i just expect what i am told.. i feel that a person shouldn't say things unless they mean it, otherwise, it comes across as dishonest.
Taurus (185839344)

Postby Shears (126579776) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:52 pm

my router is at LEAST 10 years old.. it works fine but now I am paranoid... thanks jackass

That's a badass router. You'd better keep it. By now the viruses in it have already eaten the other viruses in it. So you're fine. :haha:

Seriously though, 5 years is a very long time in terms of tech and security. Routers are notorious troublemakers for both security and reliability. My
"crappy" label is purely based on the number of friends who have called me for help over the years. LOL

Shears (126579776)

Postby Cole (186324919) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:06 pm

They come on less and less now.
Cole (186324919)
YoWorld Level: 299
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 15, 2015

Forum Posts: 685