Lag and Disgruntled Customers, Lack of Viking Transparency

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: Lag and Disgruntled Customers, Lack of Viking Transparen

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:51 pm

Sunshine (126579776) wrote:
Stardust (186190305) wrote:
Viking Sarah wrote:Hey YoFans,

Andrew and I try to respond to as many Forum messages as possible, but unfortunately not every issue or message on the Forums will receive a direct response. Please trust me when I say that it's not because we don't care. Simply explained, moderating the Forums is only one part of our role as your Community Managers. For example, we recently have been dedicating a good portion of time towards the Holly Jolly Design Contest.

If you've reported an issue on the Forums and have not heard back, as mentioned previously we highly suggest submitting a help ticket via YoWorld. Each help ticket our Player Happiness team receives is reviewed and responded to on a first come, first served basis.

So, let's move on to the bigger subject at hand -- "Fix the Lag!"

As mentioned in this thread, Vikings Trevor and Jess previously expanded on lag in YoWorld in a Podcast, which can be listened to here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=134281&hilit

To reiterate what they said:
  • Players inevitably will experience different levels of lag in YoWorld, and for the most part, this has to do with their own computers and browsers of choice.
  • Newer computers with more RAM, for example, will typically experience less lag than older computers
  • Internet connections also play a vital role in lag (or lack of lag) -- stronger and faster internet connections will have less lag than weaker internet connections
  • Inevitably, lag can also be caused by some in-game features (and is quite present in other games, not just YoWorld). If you drop into a busy zone with a lot of players like Alton Towers, for example, there is a LOT of information being relayed to and from your game (lag).
  • Sometimes this means that some of this information is being "dropped" - you might hear some refer to this as a drop in framerate in order to keep up
  • In regards to the affectionately titled [b]"Lag Banner", the image that is used is a 65kb .png image. This means that it is a small, static image that should not cause considerable lag, if any at all.
  • In comparison, a gif ad that you may see while scrolling on Facebook is considerably larger than the banner pop-up in YoWorld
  • Finally, another point to take into consideration is that your YoWorld experience could be affected if you have additional tabs or programs open on your computer, and this plays into your computer performance overall. Having multiple tabs open in your browser while also attempting to play YoWorld could slow things down considerably

While our team is always looking for ways to improve YoWorld for everyone, lag is unfortunately one of those issues that usually occurs on an individual basis, as opposed to affecting all players online. I hope this helps to clear things up a bit!


Thank you, Sarah. Bolded, all so true!! Also programs working in the background of each computer, even if they are not visible as open tabs.

I've tried to tell people this stuff for years, and no one believes me. Maybe they will listen to Sarah? :silly: I have 3 devices at my home on which I play Yo. All 3 have worked fine all week as the lag complaints were out of control. I play on Windows 10 using Chrome on every one of them. There has been no noticeable lag on any of them, even in crowded rooms with 20 people. Not at auctions. Not at Altons or Sky. Not at crowded sales. Not at pageants. It's been "same old same" for me.


:thumbsup:

I'm bookmarking this thread for future reference.
ImageImage
User avatar

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 408
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015
 
Forum Posts: 16398
Forum Title: YoFiend
Location: Land of No Mirror

Re: Lag and Disgruntled Customers, Lack of Viking Transparen

Postby Lady JaJaZ (152320506) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:12 pm

In game, small glitches adding up. I try to report, but don't always have time. I don't have any lag issues, but I also haven't had time to attend events or public places where this might be an issue. Latest glitches are AH not showing expired listings when I go in the next day. In the past, they have vanished from that list after not logging in a few days. The past two days it's been the monthly calendar...when claiming the prize after 4 or 5 days of logging in, the popup never arrives to show me what I claimed. I have friends wearing the new Vanilla cossie, but yet it doesn't show on the forum or mobile apps. Glitch list keeps adding up. :dizzy: I do appreciate what our VikZ do for us...and have faith they can keep the DO going. :hug:
Last edited by Lady JaJaZ (152320506) on Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

We're all mature, until someone pulls out some bubble wrap!!!
User avatar
Lady JaJaZ (152320506)
YoWorld Level: 376
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 08, 2010
 
Forum Posts: 5754
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: Go ahead tickle my funny bone...I know you want to!

Re: Lag and Disgruntled Customers, Lack of Viking Transparen

Postby XxDarkMarioxX (104376062) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:13 pm

Lag happens in any game sometimes we have an good day and bad day but no matter what also having slow computers specs can cause lag to.
User avatar

XxDarkMarioxX (104376062)
YoWorld Level: 345
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 03, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 17256
Forum Title: YoFiend

Re: Lag and Disgruntled Customers, Lack of Viking Transparen

Postby Lady JaJaZ (152320506) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:14 pm

XxDarkMarioxX (104376062) wrote:Lag happens in any game sometimes we have an good day and bad day but no matter what also having slow computers specs can cause lag to.


....and internet speed.
ImageImage

We're all mature, until someone pulls out some bubble wrap!!!
User avatar
Lady JaJaZ (152320506)
YoWorld Level: 376
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 08, 2010
 
Forum Posts: 5754
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: Go ahead tickle my funny bone...I know you want to!

Re: Lag and Disgruntled Customers, Lack of Viking Transparen

Postby xo JoyceCHoice ox (180728982) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:46 pm

Viking Andrew wrote:Hey Everyone,

We have seen an uptick in performance issues when it comes to dressing your avatar, and it is something our team is actively investigating.

Unfortunately, I don't have any other news I can provide right now, but as soon as I know more, I'll make sure you all know more as well.


Viking Sarah wrote:Hey YoFans,

Andrew and I try to respond to as many Forum messages as possible, but unfortunately not every issue or message on the Forums will receive a direct response. Please trust me when I say that it's not because we don't care. Simply explained, moderating the Forums is only one part of our role as your Community Managers. For example, we recently have been dedicating a good portion of time towards the Holly Jolly Design Contest.

If you've reported an issue on the Forums and have not heard back, as mentioned previously we highly suggest submitting a help ticket via YoWorld. Each help ticket our Player Happiness team receives is reviewed and responded to on a first come, first served basis.

So, let's move on to the bigger subject at hand -- "Fix the Lag!"

As mentioned in this thread, Vikings Trevor and Jess previously expanded on lag in YoWorld in a Podcast, which can be listened to here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=134281&hilit

To reiterate what they said:
  • Players inevitably will experience different levels of lag in YoWorld, and for the most part, this has to do with their own computers and browsers of choice.
  • Newer computers with more RAM, for example, will typically experience less lag than older computers
  • Internet connections also play a vital role in lag (or lack of lag) -- stronger and faster internet connections will have less lag than weaker internet connections
  • Inevitably, lag can also be caused by some in-game features (and is quite present in other games, not just YoWorld). If you drop into a busy zone with a lot of players like Alton Towers, for example, there is a LOT of information being relayed to and from your game (lag).
  • Sometimes this means that some of this information is being "dropped" - you might hear some refer to this as a drop in framerate in order to keep up
  • In regards to the affectionately titled "Lag Banner", the image that is used is a 65kb .png image. This means that it is a small, static image that should not cause considerable lag, if any at all.
  • In comparison, a gif ad that you may see while scrolling on Facebook is considerably larger than the banner pop-up in YoWorld
  • Finally, another point to take into consideration is that your YoWorld experience could be affected if you have additional tabs or programs open on your computer, and this plays into your computer performance overall. Having multiple tabs open in your browser while also attempting to play YoWorld could slow things down considerably

While our team is always looking for ways to improve YoWorld for everyone, lag is unfortunately one of those issues that usually occurs on an individual basis, as opposed to affecting all players online. I hope this helps to clear things up a bit!
..........................................xo JoyceCHoice ox ..........................
Image
RIP Kobe Bryant, my childhood was purple and gold
MY WISHLIST (click here)
User avatar
xo JoyceCHoice ox (180728982)
YoWorld Level: 291
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 17, 2011
 
Forum Posts: 12338
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Re: Lag and Disgruntled Customers, Lack of Viking Transparen

Postby Kath (109737351) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:47 pm

Just wondering when BVG had to start being "transparent" and what that means exactly. I think I missed something.
In the end, we will remember, not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
User avatar

Kath (109737351)
YoWorld Level: 321
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 985
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Re: Lag and Disgruntled Customers, Lack of Viking Transparen

Postby Viking Sarah » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:49 pm

JulieHootieScraps (108384802) wrote:
Viking Andrew wrote:Hey Everyone,

We have seen an uptick in performance issues when it comes to dressing your avatar, and it is something our team is actively investigating.

Unfortunately, I don't have any other news I can provide right now, but as soon as I know more, I'll make sure you all know more as well.

Is Viking Sarah still around, or did the aliens abduct her?


Image

I'm still here, I swear! (You guys can't get rid of me that easy! ;) )

I've been working behind-the-scenes on some current and upcoming...... thiiiiiiings. I still am frequently checking into the Forums to see what's happening (and because I miss all of your beautiful faces. Er..... screen names. Or, avatar faces? Yeah! Yo Faces!)
User avatar
Viking Sarah
YoWorld Level: 313
 
Forum Posts: 847
Forum Title: YoWorld Community Manager

Re: Lag and Disgruntled Customers, Lack of Viking Transparen

Postby xo JoyceCHoice ox (180728982) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:00 pm

Viking Sarah wrote:
JulieHootieScraps (108384802) wrote:
Viking Andrew wrote:Hey Everyone,

We have seen an uptick in performance issues when it comes to dressing your avatar, and it is something our team is actively investigating.

Unfortunately, I don't have any other news I can provide right now, but as soon as I know more, I'll make sure you all know more as well.

Is Viking Sarah still around, or did the aliens abduct her?


Image

I'm still here, I swear! (You guys can't get rid of me that easy! ;) )

I've been working behind-the-scenes on some current and upcoming...... thiiiiiiings. I still am frequently checking into the Forums to see what's happening (and because I miss all of your beautiful faces. Er..... screen names. Or, avatar faces? Yeah! Yo Faces!)


Did you say thiiiiiiings???
Image
..........................................xo JoyceCHoice ox ..........................
Image
RIP Kobe Bryant, my childhood was purple and gold
MY WISHLIST (click here)
User avatar
xo JoyceCHoice ox (180728982)
YoWorld Level: 291
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 17, 2011
 
Forum Posts: 12338
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Re: Lag and Disgruntled Customers, Lack of Viking Transparen

Postby Sam Holmes (139381965) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:03 pm

Stardust (186190305) wrote:
Viking Andrew wrote:Hey Everyone,

We have seen an uptick in performance issues when it comes to dressing your avatar, and it is something our team is actively investigating.

Unfortunately, I don't have any other news I can provide right now, but as soon as I know more, I'll make sure you all know more as well.


This post of mine might be an unpopular post, but I need to tell you, Viking Andrew, that I have no issues at all, I mean no lag nor avatar-dressing/saving issue. On the contrary, YoWorld game loads faster on Safari after I upgraded my computer OS from Mojave to Catalina yesterday. This little piece of information might be something your team can take into account when examining the problems. Good luck addressing these problems. I hope you guys can sort it out soon and thanks for the update.

Edit: I have no issues with the desktop app either.



I'm really glad for you, but that means nothing to those of us that had no problems and just recently started having these issues at the same time.
User avatar

Sam Holmes (139381965)
YoWorld Level: 356
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 09, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 23980
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Re: Lag and Disgruntled Customers, Lack of Viking Transparen

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:05 pm

Sam Holmes (139381965) wrote:
Stardust (186190305) wrote:
Viking Andrew wrote:Hey Everyone,

We have seen an uptick in performance issues when it comes to dressing your avatar, and it is something our team is actively investigating.

Unfortunately, I don't have any other news I can provide right now, but as soon as I know more, I'll make sure you all know more as well.


This post of mine might be an unpopular post, but I need to tell you, Viking Andrew, that I have no issues at all, I mean no lag nor avatar-dressing/saving issue. On the contrary, YoWorld game loads faster on Safari after I upgraded my computer OS from Mojave to Catalina yesterday. This little piece of information might be something your team can take into account when examining the problems. Good luck addressing these problems. I hope you guys can sort it out soon and thanks for the update.

Edit: I have no issues with the desktop app either.



I'm really glad for you, but that means nothing to those of us that had no problems and just recently started having these issues at the same time.


:dizzy:
ImageImage
User avatar

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 408
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015
 
Forum Posts: 16398
Forum Title: YoFiend
Location: Land of No Mirror

Re: Lag and Disgruntled Customers, Lack of Viking Transparen

Postby Inevitable (126579776) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:08 pm

What hardware does it take to play Yo? Some people don't care. They were born in the lag and they love it. Other players try to get the cheapest device they can and hope it works. Sometimes this will work, but most of the time it won't and you'll definitely open yourself up for risk of current and future software ruining your fun. With the caveats out of the way, let's get salty.

MORE IS BETTER - When it comes to buying tech, obviously the more of anything you can afford to buy the better off it will work.
RAM RAM RAM RAM - I'm not playing around here. The single most important factor in your tech is RAM. Everything works faster with more of it.
PROCESSOR - This one is second most important. Don't fool around here. If it isn't clocking over 3GHz or higher, you can get in trouble. 4 or higher is awesome.
GRAPHICS CARD - Think of your screen as a movie. Do you want black and white or HD color? The better your graphics card, the better the game will look and play.
HARD DRIVE TYPE - SD drives work faster than disks. Therefore anything they do is faster by default.
WIRELESS CARD - You need a quality wireless card in your PC/laptop that can give you 250MBPS performance or more.
WIRELESS ROUTER - I can't tell you the number of people I talk to who have spent $5K on hardware and have a crappy $50 router hooked up to their high speed internet. If your router is over 5 years old, it is probably ready to break and definitely not fast enough. Buy a gaming router to go with that 100MBPS internet you are paying for.

Obviously these are pretty generic to fit as many devices as possible. Decent machines run about $700 for laptops and $500 for desktops. You are paying for the things I listed above. Obviously you can spend $15K on a laptop if that floats your boat, but I'd argue you'll get almost as good of performance out of one costing $3K.

So there is your IT recommendation for the day. Don't blame BVG every time the game lags. They do own some of it at times, so they don't get a pass. But my guess is about 95% of lag problems are on our end of the line. Happy shopping!

I do all my serious tech shopping on these sites. They always have good specials running and if you time it right, you can steal something really sweet. None of them paid me CRAP for recommending them. LOL There's a ton of sites out there, and I'll use any one of them that has a great deal. So don't lock yourself in to these!

https://www.newegg.com/Computer-Systems/Store/ID-3
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/browse/Computers-Solutions/ci/9581/N/4294542559
https://www.cdw.com/content/cdw/en/products/computers.html
Image

Mad Hatter - Have I gone mad?
Alice - I'm afraid so. Entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.
User avatar

Inevitable (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 270
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 39493
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend
Location: Presiding Over Mayhem & Nonsense

Re: Lag and Disgruntled Customers, Lack of Viking Transparen

Postby Falco (185180932) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:11 pm

Sam Holmes (139381965) wrote:
Stardust (186190305) wrote:
Viking Andrew wrote:Hey Everyone,

We have seen an uptick in performance issues when it comes to dressing your avatar, and it is something our team is actively investigating.

Unfortunately, I don't have any other news I can provide right now, but as soon as I know more, I'll make sure you all know more as well.


This post of mine might be an unpopular post, but I need to tell you, Viking Andrew, that I have no issues at all, I mean no lag nor avatar-dressing/saving issue. On the contrary, YoWorld game loads faster on Safari after I upgraded my computer OS from Mojave to Catalina yesterday. This little piece of information might be something your team can take into account when examining the problems. Good luck addressing these problems. I hope you guys can sort it out soon and thanks for the update.

Edit: I have no issues with the desktop app either.



I'm really glad for you, but that means nothing to those of us that had no problems and just recently started having these issues at the same time.

:thumbsup:
User avatar
Falco (185180932)
YoWorld Level: 263
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 21, 2013
 
Forum Posts: 12203
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Re: Lag and Disgruntled Customers, Lack of Viking Transparen

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:16 pm

Sunshine (126579776) wrote:What hardware does it take to play Yo? Some people don't care. They were born in the lag and they love it. Other players try to get the cheapest device they can and hope it works. Sometimes this will work, but most of the time it won't and you'll definitely open yourself up for risk of current and future software ruining your fun. With the caveats out of the way, let's get salty.

MORE IS BETTER - When it comes to buying tech, obviously the more of anything you can afford to buy the better off it will work.
RAM RAM RAM RAM - I'm not playing around here. The single most important factor in your tech is RAM. Everything works faster with more of it.
PROCESSOR - This one is second most important. Don't fool around here. If it isn't clocking over 3GHz or higher, you can get in trouble. 4 or higher is awesome.
GRAPHICS CARD - Think of your screen as a movie. Do you want black and white or HD color? The better your graphics card, the better the game will look and play.
HARD DRIVE TYPE - SD drives work faster than disks. Therefore anything they do is faster by default.
WIRELESS CARD - You need a quality wireless card in your PC/laptop that can give you 250MBPS performance or more.
WIRELESS ROUTER - I can't tell you the number of people I talk to who have spent $5K on hardware and have a crappy $50 router hooked up to their high speed internet. If your router is over 5 years old, it is probably ready to break and definitely not fast enough. Buy a gaming router to go with that 100MBPS internet you are paying for.

Obviously these are pretty generic to fit as many devices as possible. Decent machines run about $700 for laptops and $500 for desktops. You are paying for the things I listed above. Obviously you can spend $15K on a laptop if that floats your boat, but I'd argue you'll get almost as good of performance out of one costing $3K.

So there is your IT recommendation for the day. Don't blame BVG every time the game lags. They do own some of it at times, so they don't get a pass. But my guess is about 95% of lag problems are on our end of the line. Happy shopping!

I do all my serious tech shopping on these sites. They always have good specials running and if you time it right, you can steal something really sweet. None of them paid me CRAP for recommending them. LOL There's a ton of sites out there, and I'll use any one of them that has a great deal. So don't lock yourself in to these!

https://www.newegg.com/Computer-Systems/Store/ID-3
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/browse/Computers-Solutions/ci/9581/N/4294542559
https://www.cdw.com/content/cdw/en/products/computers.html


:thumbsup:
I am also a thumb-er :haha: :haha: :haha:
ImageImage
User avatar

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 408
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015
 
Forum Posts: 16398
Forum Title: YoFiend
Location: Land of No Mirror

Re: Lag and Disgruntled Customers, Lack of Viking Transparen

Postby Sam Holmes (139381965) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:20 pm

Stardust (186190305) wrote:
Sam Holmes (139381965) wrote:
Stardust (186190305) wrote:
Viking Andrew wrote:Hey Everyone,

We have seen an uptick in performance issues when it comes to dressing your avatar, and it is something our team is actively investigating.

Unfortunately, I don't have any other news I can provide right now, but as soon as I know more, I'll make sure you all know more as well.


This post of mine might be an unpopular post, but I need to tell you, Viking Andrew, that I have no issues at all, I mean no lag nor avatar-dressing/saving issue. On the contrary, YoWorld game loads faster on Safari after I upgraded my computer OS from Mojave to Catalina yesterday. This little piece of information might be something your team can take into account when examining the problems. Good luck addressing these problems. I hope you guys can sort it out soon and thanks for the update.

Edit: I have no issues with the desktop app either.



I'm really glad for you, but that means nothing to those of us that had no problems and just recently started having these issues at the same time.


:dizzy:


I'm sorry Stardust, I did say I was happy for you, but if you're having no problems why should I worry about your non issues in performance when I'm the one being affected by the current issues many of us are now experiencing that we didn't before. Consider yourself lucky it hasn't caught you in it's net.... yet.
User avatar

Sam Holmes (139381965)
YoWorld Level: 356
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 09, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 23980
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Re: Lag and Disgruntled Customers, Lack of Viking Transparen

Postby Sam Holmes (139381965) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:23 pm

Sunshine (126579776) wrote:What hardware does it take to play Yo? Some people don't care. They were born in the lag and they love it. Other players try to get the cheapest device they can and hope it works. Sometimes this will work, but most of the time it won't and you'll definitely open yourself up for risk of current and future software ruining your fun. With the caveats out of the way, let's get salty.

MORE IS BETTER - When it comes to buying tech, obviously the more of anything you can afford to buy the better off it will work.
RAM RAM RAM RAM - I'm not playing around here. The single most important factor in your tech is RAM. Everything works faster with more of it.
PROCESSOR - This one is second most important. Don't fool around here. If it isn't clocking over 3GHz or higher, you can get in trouble. 4 or higher is awesome.
GRAPHICS CARD - Think of your screen as a movie. Do you want black and white or HD color? The better your graphics card, the better the game will look and play.
HARD DRIVE TYPE - SD drives work faster than disks. Therefore anything they do is faster by default.
WIRELESS CARD - You need a quality wireless card in your PC/laptop that can give you 250MBPS performance or more.
WIRELESS ROUTER - I can't tell you the number of people I talk to who have spent $5K on hardware and have a crappy $50 router hooked up to their high speed internet. If your router is over 5 years old, it is probably ready to break and definitely not fast enough. Buy a gaming router to go with that 100MBPS internet you are paying for.

Obviously these are pretty generic to fit as many devices as possible. Decent machines run about $700 for laptops and $500 for desktops. You are paying for the things I listed above. Obviously you can spend $15K on a laptop if that floats your boat, but I'd argue you'll get almost as good of performance out of one costing $3K.

So there is your IT recommendation for the day. Don't blame BVG every time the game lags. They do own some of it at times, so they don't get a pass. But my guess is about 95% of lag problems are on our end of the line. Happy shopping!

I do all my serious tech shopping on these sites. They always have good specials running and if you time it right, you can steal something really sweet. None of them paid me CRAP for recommending them. LOL There's a ton of sites out there, and I'll use any one of them that has a great deal. So don't lock yourself in to these!

https://www.newegg.com/Computer-Systems/Store/ID-3
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/browse/Computers-Solutions/ci/9581/N/4294542559
https://www.cdw.com/content/cdw/en/products/computers.html



This problem started for many of us at the same time!

It's not my router and my computer isn't that old. :yawn: :haha:
User avatar

Sam Holmes (139381965)
YoWorld Level: 356
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 09, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 23980
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Re: Lag and Disgruntled Customers, Lack of Viking Transparen

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:24 pm

Sam Holmes (139381965) wrote:
Stardust (186190305) wrote:
Sam Holmes (139381965) wrote:
Stardust (186190305) wrote:
Viking Andrew wrote:Hey Everyone,

We have seen an uptick in performance issues when it comes to dressing your avatar, and it is something our team is actively investigating.

Unfortunately, I don't have any other news I can provide right now, but as soon as I know more, I'll make sure you all know more as well.


This post of mine might be an unpopular post, but I need to tell you, Viking Andrew, that I have no issues at all, I mean no lag nor avatar-dressing/saving issue. On the contrary, YoWorld game loads faster on Safari after I upgraded my computer OS from Mojave to Catalina yesterday. This little piece of information might be something your team can take into account when examining the problems. Good luck addressing these problems. I hope you guys can sort it out soon and thanks for the update.

Edit: I have no issues with the desktop app either.



I'm really glad for you, but that means nothing to those of us that had no problems and just recently started having these issues at the same time.


:dizzy:


I'm sorry Stardust, I did say I was happy for you, but if you're having no problems why should I worry about your non issues in performance when I'm the one being affected by the current issues many of us are now experiencing that we didn't before. Consider yourself lucky it hasn't caught you in it's net.... yet.


Sam, my post was not for you or others, it was especially written and addressed to Andrew. Did you read this part of my post? "This little piece of information might be something your team can take into account when examining the problems."

Edit: Not Sarah, but Andrew.
Last edited by Stardust (186190305) on Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
User avatar

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 408
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015
 
Forum Posts: 16398
Forum Title: YoFiend
Location: Land of No Mirror

Re: Lag and Disgruntled Customers, Lack of Viking Transparen

Postby Falco (185180932) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:25 pm

I also noticed the issues recently. Though not too game-breaking for me yet personally. I hope they seriously consider the consequences of their lag toys & banners & gems & whatever other features & issues bog down supposedly normal game functions. :dizzy:
User avatar
Falco (185180932)
YoWorld Level: 263
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 21, 2013
 
Forum Posts: 12203
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Re: Lag and Disgruntled Customers, Lack of Viking Transparen

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:31 pm

First thing first, I wrote that for Sarah, for additional information, knowing and completely aware that I would be hated for it. I started my post by saying that it would be an unpopular post. However, if with that little information, the problem affecting many others could be more accurately diagnosed and rectified, my being hated in this Forum really means nothing compared to it. It is still worth it.

With this, I am gone for the night.

Edit: oops, for Viking Andrew (and his team)
ImageImage
User avatar

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 408
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015
 
Forum Posts: 16398
Forum Title: YoFiend
Location: Land of No Mirror

Re: Lag and Disgruntled Customers, Lack of Viking Transparen

Postby xo JoyceCHoice ox (180728982) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:35 pm

Kio (185180932) wrote:
Sam Holmes (139381965) wrote:
Stardust (186190305) wrote:
Viking Andrew wrote:Hey Everyone,

We have seen an uptick in performance issues when it comes to dressing your avatar, and it is something our team is actively investigating.

Unfortunately, I don't have any other news I can provide right now, but as soon as I know more, I'll make sure you all know more as well.


This post of mine might be an unpopular post, but I need to tell you, Viking Andrew, that I have no issues at all, I mean no lag nor avatar-dressing/saving issue. On the contrary, YoWorld game loads faster on Safari after I upgraded my computer OS from Mojave to Catalina yesterday. This little piece of information might be something your team can take into account when examining the problems. Good luck addressing these problems. I hope you guys can sort it out soon and thanks for the update.

Edit: I have no issues with the desktop app either.



I'm really glad for you, but that means nothing to those of us that had no problems and just recently started having these issues at the same time.

:thumbsup:


Just facts :trophy: Mine was fine too when people first started posting about it, then BAM, it started happening to me too. Its been a domino effect, spreading like a viral infection. First, for me, it was hitting the done button and itd slowly save my fit.
Then itd completely freeze once I hit done.
After that, itd save but my whole game screen froze and became pixelated for 1-2 minutes solid, then unfreeze and get clear again.
Then saving outfits to slots started freezing, even longer than the done button.
I started getting server disconnections and unresponse from hitting done, saving fits.
After that my avi appeared HUGE in the edit window, was out of frame, blown up. (pic below)
Image
After that, putting on items each one would take a long time to put on as if I was swapping them, not adding them.
Now it says flash isn't responding when its freezing, that pops up about 3 times before saved.
Then my avi wouldnt update here either cause of the slowness even when my fit was different in game.
One trick Ive discovered is when my page is saying server or flash not responding is to just wait, dont click wait or reconnect or refresh, just sit there with the pop up. Itll go away and save quicker and update my avi here.
..........................................xo JoyceCHoice ox ..........................
Image
RIP Kobe Bryant, my childhood was purple and gold
MY WISHLIST (click here)
User avatar
xo JoyceCHoice ox (180728982)
YoWorld Level: 291
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 17, 2011
 
Forum Posts: 12338
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Re: Lag and Disgruntled Customers, Lack of Viking Transparen

Postby Sam Holmes (139381965) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:39 pm

Well, well, well... my outfits are now saving fine. I must have upgraded my computer, browser and router in my sleep.


Or the problem wasn't on my end. :idea: :eh:
User avatar

Sam Holmes (139381965)
YoWorld Level: 356
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 09, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 23980
Forum Title: YoCrazy

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions