Lag and Disgruntled Customers, Lack of Viking Transparency

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: Lag and Disgruntled Customers, Lack of Viking Transparen

Postby Ashen YFG (127118376) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:49 am

Idk what you did but its working so far! Its a little bitty less laggy and saving goes a bit faster now! Keep up the good work! :love: :drink:
Ashen YFG (127118376)
YoWorld Level: 257
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 06, 2009

Forum Posts: 4982
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby Denna (10205906) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:09 am

Ashen YFG (127118376) wrote:Idk what you did but its working so far! Its a little bitty less laggy and saving goes a bit faster now! Keep up the good work! :love: :drink:

I am glad it works again and your avi looks AWESOME :love: :rose:
"Look in the mirror... That's your REAL competition!"
Denna (10205906)
YoWorld Level: 306
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 11651
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Ashen YFG (127118376) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:14 am

Denna (10205906) wrote:
Ashen YFG (127118376) wrote:Idk what you did but its working so far! Its a little bitty less laggy and saving goes a bit faster now! Keep up the good work! :love: :drink:

Tysm so does yours! Love what you did combining those items! :love: :drool: :drink:
Last edited by Ashen YFG (127118376) on Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ashen YFG (127118376)

Postby Shears (126579776) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:14 am

Ashen YFG (127118376) wrote:
Denna (10205906) wrote:

Tysm so does yours! Love what you did! :love: :drool: :drink:

We can't all be gorgeous like you 2! :'( :haha:

Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it'll get you the right ones. - John Lennon
Shears (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 255
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 35099
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Denna (10205906) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:20 am

Denna (10205906) wrote:

Tysm so does yours! Love what you did combining those items! :love: :drool: :drink:

Ty so vm , I LOVE Black and Red combo in RL too... Colors of my favorite footbal club, from the city where I was born :D

:hug:
Denna (10205906)

Postby Denna (10205906) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:21 am

Sunshine (126579776) wrote:
Denna (10205906) wrote:

Who is "we"? You and Rodwena? :devil:

She is gorgeous... :smug:
Denna (10205906)

Postby Shears (126579776) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:25 am

Denna (10205906) wrote:
Denna (10205906) wrote:

Small children scream in horror at the very mention of her name. :haha:

Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it'll get you the right ones. - John Lennon
Shears (126579776)

Postby Denna (10205906) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:28 am

Denna (10205906) wrote:
Denna (10205906) wrote:

Small children scream in horror at the very mention of her name. :haha:

Bully! :devil:

Tell her, I can send few nice dresses to her if she wants :smug:
Denna (10205906)

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:37 am

Yay! The lag is gone! Thank you Andrew!
:party:

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 314
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 12302

Postby SinisterPrime (116808443) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:39 am

Erwyle (187240896) wrote:Yay! The lag is gone! Thank you Andrew!

SinisterPrime (116808443)
YoWorld Level: 309
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 7441
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:39 am

SinisterPrime (116808443) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:Yay! The lag is gone! Thank you Andrew!

:haha: :haha: :party:

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 314
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 12302

Postby Viking Sarah » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:50 am

Hey YoFans,

Andrew and I try to respond to as many Forum messages as possible, but unfortunately not every issue or message on the Forums will receive a direct response. Please trust me when I say that it's not because we don't care. Simply explained, moderating the Forums is only one part of our role as your Community Managers. For example, we recently have been dedicating a good portion of time towards the Holly Jolly Design Contest.

If you've reported an issue on the Forums and have not heard back, as mentioned previously we highly suggest submitting a help ticket via YoWorld. Each help ticket our Player Happiness team receives is reviewed and responded to on a first come, first served basis.

So, let's move on to the bigger subject at hand -- "Fix the Lag!"

As mentioned in this thread, Vikings Trevor and Jess previously expanded on lag in YoWorld in a Podcast, which can be listened to here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=134281&hilit

To reiterate what they said:
  • Players inevitably will experience different levels of lag in YoWorld, and for the most part, this has to do with their own computers and browsers of choice.
  • Newer computers with more RAM, for example, will typically experience less lag than older computers
  • Internet connections also play a vital role in lag (or lack of lag) -- stronger and faster internet connections will have less lag than weaker internet connections
  • Inevitably, lag can also be caused by some in-game features (and is quite present in other games, not just YoWorld). If you drop into a busy zone with a lot of players like Alton Towers, for example, there is a LOT of information being relayed to and from your game (lag).
  • Sometimes this means that some of this information is being "dropped" - you might hear some refer to this as a drop in framerate in order to keep up
  • In regards to the affectionately titled "Lag Banner", the image that is used is a 65kb .png image. This means that it is a small, static image that should not cause considerable lag, if any at all.
  • In comparison, a gif ad that you may see while scrolling on Facebook is considerably larger than the banner pop-up in YoWorld
  • Finally, another point to take into consideration is that your YoWorld experience could be affected if you have additional tabs or programs open on your computer, and this plays into your computer performance overall. Having multiple tabs open in your browser while also attempting to play YoWorld could slow things down considerably

While our team is always looking for ways to improve YoWorld for everyone, lag is unfortunately one of those issues that usually occurs on an individual basis, as opposed to affecting all players online. I hope this helps to clear things up a bit!

Viking Sarah
YoWorld Level: 309

Forum Posts: 654
Forum Title: YoWorld Community Manager

Postby Ashen YFG (127118376) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:58 am

Viking Sarah i undertstand all those points but believe me when i say this was lag of a whole another level for real, and it started for many of us last week.

Anywho its better now so what ever you guys did behind the screens it seemed to have worked, so thank you.
Ashen YFG (127118376)

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:02 pm

Viking Sarah wrote:Hey YoFans,

Andrew and I try to respond to as many Forum messages as possible, but unfortunately not every issue or message on the Forums will receive a direct response. Please trust me when I say that it's not because we don't care. Simply explained, moderating the Forums is only one part of our role as your Community Managers. For example, we recently have been dedicating a good portion of time towards the Holly Jolly Design Contest.

If you've reported an issue on the Forums and have not heard back, as mentioned previously we highly suggest submitting a help ticket via YoWorld. Each help ticket our Player Happiness team receives is reviewed and responded to on a first come, first served basis.

As mentioned in this thread, Vikings Trevor and Jess previously expanded on lag in YoWorld in a Podcast, which can be listened to here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=134281&hilit

• Players inevitably will experience different levels of lag in YoWorld, and for the most part, this has to do with their own computers and browsers of choice.
  • Newer computers with more RAM, for example, will typically experience less lag than older computers
  • Internet connections also play a vital role in lag (or lack of lag) -- stronger and faster internet connections will have less lag than weaker internet connections
  • Inevitably, lag can also be caused by some in-game features (and is quite present in other games, not just YoWorld). If you drop into a busy zone with a lot of players like Alton Towers, for example, there is a LOT of information being relayed to and from your game (lag).
  • Sometimes this means that some of this information is being "dropped" - you might hear some refer to this as a drop in framerate in order to keep up
  • In regards to the affectionately titled [b]"Lag Banner", the image that is used is a 65kb .png image. This means that it is a small, static image that should not cause considerable lag, if any at all.
  • In comparison, a gif ad that you may see while scrolling on Facebook is considerably larger than the banner pop-up in YoWorld
  • Finally, another point to take into consideration is that your YoWorld experience could be affected if you have additional tabs or programs open on your computer, and this plays into your computer performance overall. Having multiple tabs open in your browser while also attempting to play YoWorld could slow things down considerably

While our team is always looking for ways to improve YoWorld for everyone, lag is unfortunately one of those issues that usually occurs on an individual basis, as opposed to affecting all players online. I hope this helps to clear things up a bit!

Thank you, Sarah. Bolded, all so true!! Also programs working in the background of each computer, even if they are not visible as open tabs.
Last edited by Stardust (186190305) on Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

“We've learned to fly the air like birds, we've learned to swim the seas like fish, and yet we haven't learned to walk the Earth as brothers.”

– Martin Luther King Jr.

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 401
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015

Forum Posts: 14396
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby DianaBanana (111036364) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:03 pm

Stardust (186190305) wrote:
Viking Andrew wrote:Hey Everyone,

We have seen an uptick in performance issues when it comes to dressing your avatar, and it is something our team is actively investigating.

Unfortunately, I don't have any other news I can provide right now, but as soon as I know more, I'll make sure you all know more as well.

This post of mine might be an unpopular post, but I need to tell you, Viking Andrew, that I have no issues at all, I mean no lag nor avatar-dressing/saving issue. On the contrary, YoWorld game loads faster on Safari after I upgraded my computer OS from Mojave to Catalina yesterday. This little piece of information might be something your team can take into account when examining the problems. Good luck addressing these problems. I hope you guys can sort it out soon and thanks for the update.

Edit: I have no issues with the desktop app either.

i too, stardust, am having absolutely no problems with lag in anything i try to do in yo and the game loads at the same fast speed as always for me. i agree our kind of posts are unpopular; i guess misery loves company and doesn't want to hear about problem free here. and don't mention the word upgrade either or you'll be accused of bragging. i'm glad you're not having problems and i do feel for yos who are experiencing lag and outfit changing problems, and i' feel their pain but i'm glad i'm not having any lag.

some people create their own storm and the get mad at others when it rains.

DianaBanana (111036364)
YoWorld Level: 372
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 31, 2009

Forum Posts: 10918

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:11 pm

DianaBanana (111036364) wrote:

We have seen an uptick in performance issues when it comes to dressing your avatar, and it is something our team is actively investigating.

Unfortunately, I don't have any other news I can provide right now, but as soon as I know more, I'll make sure you all know more as well.

This post of mine might be an unpopular post, but I need to tell you, Viking Andrew, that I have no issues at all, I mean no lag nor avatar-dressing/saving issue. On the contrary, YoWorld game loads faster on Safari after I upgraded my computer OS from Mojave to Catalina yesterday. This little piece of information might be something your team can take into account when examining the problems. Good luck addressing these problems. I hope you guys can sort it out soon and thanks for the update.

Edit: I have no issues with the desktop app either.

i too, stardust, am having absolutely no problems with lag in anything i try to do in yo and the game loads at the same fast speed as always for me. i agree our kind of posts are unpopular; i guess misery loves company and doesn't want to hear about problem free here. and don't mention the word upgrade either or you'll be accused of bragging. i'm glad you're not having problems and i do feel for yos who are experiencing lag and outfit changing problems, and i' feel their pain but i'm glad i'm not having any lag.

No bragging, Diana! Upgrading from Mojave to Catalina is FREE :silly:

“We've learned to fly the air like birds, we've learned to swim the seas like fish, and yet we haven't learned to walk the Earth as brothers.”

– Martin Luther King Jr.

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 401
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015

Forum Posts: 14396
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Shears (126579776) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:16 pm

• In regards to the affectionately titled [b]"Lag Banner", the image that is used is a 65kb .png image. This means that it is a small, static image that should not cause considerable lag, if any at all.

Thank you, Sarah. Bolded, all so true!! Also programs working in the background of each computer, even if they are not visible as open tabs.

I've tried to tell people this stuff for years, and no one believes me. Maybe they will listen to Sarah? :silly: I have 3 devices at my home on which I play Yo. All 3 have worked fine all week as the lag complaints were out of control. I play on Windows 10 using Chrome on every one of them. There has been no noticeable lag on any of them, even in crowded rooms with 20 people. Not at auctions. Not at Altons or Sky. Not at crowded sales. Not at pageants. It's been "same old same" for me.

Shears (126579776)

Postby Ashen YFG (127118376) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:34 pm

I've tried to tell people this stuff for years, and no one believes me. Maybe they will listen to Sarah? :silly: I have 3 devices at my home on which I play Yo. All 3 have worked fine all week as the lag complaints were out of control. I play on Windows 10 using Chrome on every one of them. There has been no noticeable lag on any of them, even in crowded rooms with 20 people. Not at auctions. Not at Altons or Sky. Not at crowded sales. Not at pageants. It's been "same old same" for me.

Your siggy lags me :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
Ashen YFG (127118376)

Postby Shears (126579776) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:41 pm

Ashen YFG (127118376) wrote:Your siggy lags me :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

3.35 MB of pure lagtastic awesomeness! :love: :love: :love:

Shears (126579776)

Postby ELFTexanCowgirl (103681266) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:43 pm

Glad it's bein looked into :rose:
After one touch, we become obsessed with the rush. Yeah, love is like a rodeo. -Kane
Remember to load your brain before you shoot your mouth off - Old Farmer's Advice

ELFTexanCowgirl (103681266)
YoWorld Level: 296
YoWorld Start Date: May 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 8627
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions