We All Belong

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: We All Belong

Postby Kio (185180932) » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:25 am

I don't know why anyone believes they don't belong. Do you visit any other website or forum and think less of yourself? Do you play any other game and think less of yourself? I can't understand why other's get in this victim mindset just over a FORUM. Maybe because i am used to other online games with forums that i see it for how black and white it actually is. To me it's of no importance who disagrees with my feedback to bvg. It is ultimately bvg's job to decide which feedback they are welcoming to and which feedback can sit a little longer. I'd never let an opinion scare me out the door & i hope other's feel that same strength to their own right. I guess after a lifetime of using the internet it is just not a question to me but a truth that anyone belongs.
Kio (185180932)
YoWorld Level: 261
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 21, 2013

Forum Posts: 10692
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Denna (10205906) » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:49 am

Kio (185180932) wrote:I don't know why anyone believes they don't belong. Do you visit any other website or forum and think less of yourself? Do you play any other game and think less of yourself? I can't understand why other's get in this victim mindset just over a FORUM. Maybe because i am used to other online games with forums that i see it for how black and white it actually is. To me it's of no importance who disagrees with my feedback to bvg. It is ultimately bvg's job to decide which feedback they are welcoming to and which feedback can sit a little longer. I'd never let an opinion scare me out the door & i hope other's feel that same strength to their own right. I guess after a lifetime of using the internet it is just not a question to me but a truth that anyone belongs.

Maybe because there is a story behind that? :)

A real story, true story which can't be shared here openly, but it hurts someone's feelings...

And NO, not all the people have the same strenght, that is fact.

Think about it. :)
"Look in the mirror... That's your REAL competition!"
Denna (10205906)
YoWorld Level: 306
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 11651

Postby Pinkylola (235554) » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:44 am

Kio (185180932) wrote:I don't know why anyone believes they don't belong. Do you visit any other website or forum and think less of yourself? Do you play any other game and think less of yourself? I can't understand why other's get in this victim mindset just over a FORUM. Maybe because i am used to other online games with forums that i see it for how black and white it actually is. To me it's of no importance who disagrees with my feedback to bvg. It is ultimately bvg's job to decide which feedback they are welcoming to and which feedback can sit a little longer. I'd never let an opinion scare me out the door & i hope other's feel that same strength to their own right. I guess after a lifetime of using the internet it is just not a question to me but a truth that anyone belongs.

:thumbsup:

Whatever you hear about me, please believe it. I no longer have the time to explain myself.
You can also add some if you want.

Pinkylola (235554)
YoWorld Level: 301
YoWorld Start Date: May 31, 2008

Forum Posts: 13752
Forum Title: Auction House Hero

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:38 pm

Denna (10205906) wrote:

A real story, true story which can't be shared here openly, but it hurts someone's feelings...

:shh:

“We've learned to fly the air like birds, we've learned to swim the seas like fish, and yet we haven't learned to walk the Earth as brothers.”

– Martin Luther King Jr.

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 401
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015

Forum Posts: 14396
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:14 pm

:star: :trophy:
Everyone is responsible for their own self and how they react to others in life. That's part of being an adult and being alive.
ImageImage
*Passive aggressive siggies are pretentious and exhausting.*

JulieHootieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 333
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 11898

Postby Taurus (185839344) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:23 pm

'i thought "we all belong" was a thing that didn't even need said.. it just was what it was.
Don't act like you're all that, You aren't even all there.
Taurus (185839344)
YoWorld Level: 236
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2014

Forum Posts: 8732
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Denna (10205906) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:28 pm

Stardust (186190305) wrote:
Denna (10205906) wrote:

Want a thump up?

Here you go... :thumbsup: :D
Denna (10205906)

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:29 pm

Well since this is back up here again, I was going to say earlier that we all belong except for those who are banned...

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 314
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 12302

Postby Denna (10205906) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:32 pm

Erwyle (187240896) wrote:Well since this is back up here again, I was going to say earlier that we all belong except for those who are banned...

:sad: :wailing:

Sending :heart: to them...
Denna (10205906)

Postby Taurus (185839344) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:33 pm

Erwyle (187240896) wrote:Well since this is back up here again, I was going to say earlier that we all belong except for those who are banned...

seems about right
Don't act like you're all that, You aren't even all there.
Taurus (185839344)
YoWorld Level: 236
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2014

Forum Posts: 8732
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:37 pm

Denna (10205906) wrote:
Denna (10205906) wrote:

Want a thump up?

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Where is Roddie?? :haha:

“We've learned to fly the air like birds, we've learned to swim the seas like fish, and yet we haven't learned to walk the Earth as brothers.”

– Martin Luther King Jr.

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)

Postby Denna (10205906) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:41 pm

Denna (10205906) wrote:
Denna (10205906) wrote:

Want a thump up?

Still awake? :shocked:

Let's go sleep my twin... :silly:

Well, not together! :haha: You in your bed... I in mine... :D

Sleep tight :hug:

:sleeping:
Denna (10205906)

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:53 pm

Well, the idea that we all belong is actually a logical fallacy. Not only that, but also from a psychological and social point of view, it is something that is impossible. Why? Because we all belong in itself contains a paradox. We can feel belong only if there is a possibility that we may not belong, and if there is at least one other group external to this group, and if there is zero possibility that there could be sub-groups within the group. Anything bigger than 2 (two) can form a sub-group and thus we all belong is not logical. Psychologically, socially, humans are much more complex and have different goals, aspirations, expectations, feeling of similarity with others, or on the contrary cannot obtain feeling of similarity. To feel belonging to a cohort/group, there must be at least one similarity between two individuals. Just because two people play the same game does not necessarily make one or both feel similar to each other and feel belonging to a group. By default, humans shape patterns and categories in their brains, it is demanded for survival, to distinguish danger and non-danger, to distinguish enemies and non-enemies, thus they can form sub-groups, a group within a group, which is necessary for this sense of belonging. For all/everyone to feel belonging to one-and-the same group, ironically, means there is no group, and if there is no group, what can one feel belonging to?

For those who don't feel belong here, no worries, you are completely normal :haha: Not saying who feel belong not normal, of course. It is just this sense and feeling is being too simplified and too generalized. It won't work. Just be who you are, be yourself, and be happy, that is what matters :heart:

Edited for grammar mistakes and for clarity. My English sucks and I am sleepy :haha:
Last edited by Stardust (186190305) on Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

– Martin Luther King Jr.

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:54 pm

Denna (10205906) wrote:
Denna (10205906) wrote:
Denna (10205906) wrote:

Want a thump up?

Still awake? :shocked:

Let's go sleep my twin... :silly:

Well, not together! :haha: You in your bed... I in mine... :D

Sleep tight :hug:

Twin?? :haha: :haha: :haha:

Nite nite, Twin! :haha: :hug:

– Martin Luther King Jr.

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)

Postby MasLocaQueTuTia (121801712) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:54 pm

Great minds think alike :trophy: :thumbsup: :hug:
MasLocaQueTuTia (121801712)
YoWorld Level: 286
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 15, 2009

Forum Posts: 1419
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:56 pm

Stardust (186190305) wrote:Well, the idea that we all belong is actually a logical fallacy. Not only that, but also from a psychological and social point of view, it is something that is impossible. Why? Because we all belong in itself contains a paradox. We can feel belong only if there is a possibility that we may not belong, and if there is at least one other group external to this group, and if there is zero possibility that there could be sub-groups within the group. Anything bigger than the two can form a sub-group and thus we all belong is not logical. Psychologically, socially, humans are much more complex and have different goals, aspirations, expectations, feeling of similarity with others, or on the contrary cannot obtain feeling of similarity. To feel belonging to a cohort/group, there must be at least one similarity between two individuals. Just because two people play the same game does not necessarily make one or both feel similar to each other and feel belonging to a group. By default, humans shape patterns and categories in their brains, it is demanded for survival, to distinguish danger and non-danger, thus they can form sub-groups, a group within a group, which is necessary for this sense of belonging. To feel belonging to one group, ironically, means there is no group, and if there is no group, what can one feel belong to?

For those who don't feel belong here, no worries, you are completely normal :haha: Not saying who feel belong not normal, of course. It is just this sense and feeling is being too simplified and too generalized. It won't work. Just be who you are, be yourself, and be happy, that is what matters :heart:

ImageImage

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:00 pm

JulieHootieScraps (108384802) wrote:
Stardust (186190305) wrote:Well, the idea that we all belong is actually a logical fallacy. Not only that, but also from a psychological and social point of view, it is something that is impossible. Why? Because we all belong in itself contains a paradox. We can feel belong only if there is a possibility that we may not belong, and if there is at least one other group external to this group, and if there is zero possibility that there could be sub-groups within the group. Anything bigger than the two can form a sub-group and thus we all belong is not logical. Psychologically, socially, humans are much more complex and have different goals, aspirations, expectations, feeling of similarity with others, or on the contrary cannot obtain feeling of similarity. To feel belonging to a cohort/group, there must be at least one similarity between two individuals. Just because two people play the same game does not necessarily make one or both feel similar to each other and feel belonging to a group. By default, humans shape patterns and categories in their brains, it is demanded for survival, to distinguish danger and non-danger, thus they can form sub-groups, a group within a group, which is necessary for this sense of belonging. To feel belonging to one group, ironically, means there is no group, and if there is no group, what can one feel belong to?

Thanks, I wrote above so as not to make those who feel they don't belong here feel ostracized or feel they are weird, because they are NOT!! Be yourself and to hell with what others say/ judging you :hug:

– Martin Luther King Jr.

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:05 pm

Stardust (186190305) wrote:Thanks, I wrote above so as not to make those who feel they don't belong here feel ostracized or feel they are weird, because they are NOT!! Be yourself and to hell with what others say/ judging you :hug:

Most often times, people are just speaking their minds -- not everything is a judgement against someone else. Discernment is a skill people have to learn.
ImageImage

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:11 pm

JulieHootieScraps (108384802) wrote:
Stardust (186190305) wrote:Thanks, I wrote above so as not to make those who feel they don't belong here feel ostracized or feel they are weird, because they are NOT!! Be yourself and to hell with what others say/ judging you :hug:

Most often times, people are just speaking their minds -- not everything is a judgement against someone else. Discernment is a skill people have to learn.

Agreed. it is a matter of personal and momental interpretation, which in turn, is the product of personal traits, culture, upbringing, experience, knowledge, personal bias and prejudice, etc. To add to those factors, it is on the internet, we cannot see facial expressions, body language and gestures of the writer/speaker.

– Martin Luther King Jr.

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)

Postby Kath (109737351) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:11 pm

Sometimes, "I don't belong" just means you don't have anything in common with the people around you. It doesn't have to mean one person is right and the other is wrong, or one person is a victim and the other is a victimizer.

Kath (109737351)
YoWorld Level: 314
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 881
Forum Title: YoSupporter

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions