[FEEDBACK] YI2019 YoWorld Invasion (Thursday, October 17th)

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [FEEDBACK] YI2019 YoWorld Invasion (Tuesday, October 8th

Postby Denna (10205906) » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:49 am

LotusBlossom (104950217) wrote:Tyvm for the alien overlay, war of the worlds scene and alien entrance!!! That brought me back for a bit...more , more , more...please!! :D :rose:


Agreed, I like overlays too :thumbsup:

Hi beauty, beautiful als always... :hug: :heart: :rose:
"It all begins and ends in your mind.What you give power to, has power over you, if you allow it."
Image
User avatar
Denna (10205906)
YoWorld Level: 312
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 25, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 13762
Forum Title: YoWild

Re: [FEEDBACK] YI2019 YoWorld Invasion (Tuesday, October 8th

Postby Snorty (3054329) » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:50 am

too many clickables but I love the aliens in this theme! They are kind of cute but also creepy. The green couch made me laugh because my Grandma had a set just like that and it itched so much to sit on in shorts!!!
Live your life the way you choose. Let me do the same. Just remember that your way is not my way and we will get along just fine.
my giveaway home. 3-4 items max please and tell me what room its in.
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h13315429
User avatar

Snorty (3054329)
YoWorld Level: 342
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 01, 2008
 
Forum Posts: 11165
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: Rainbows and Puppies galore.

Re: [FEEDBACK] YI2019 YoWorld Invasion (Friday, October 4th)

Postby Smitten Kitten (136864592) » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:53 pm

FILTHY (152622928) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
FILTHY (152622928) wrote:
May (110044468) wrote:Thanks for visiting! :hug:

I couldn't resist, I love the rooms you post :hug:


I just saw this Wednesday Funko Pop and I absolutely love how her braids fall into nooses at the ends. Could we get something like this? But with a fuller head of hair. It's disturbingly cute :D
Image


That would be awesome! So cute...
:party:

The Funko is so cute, I should have been more clear though, I just meant the hair. Oops! :hug:
To get the full outfit or an NPC like her would be cool too!



This is SUPER cute!!! I would definitely snatch her (and the hair) right up!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Image
Image
User avatar

Smitten Kitten (136864592)
YoWorld Level: 339
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 19559
Forum Title: YoAddict

Re: [FEEDBACK] YI2019 YoWorld Invasion (Tuesday, October 8th

Postby Halo (11511951) » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:20 pm

Love the theme! Any chance of broken furniture to go with the broken ceiling pieces? What are the chances that the ceiling fell in on an empty part of the room?
Image
User avatar

Halo (11511951)
YoWorld Level: 346
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 14, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 52
Forum Title: YoNovice

Re: [FEEDBACK] YI2019 YoWorld Invasion (Tuesday, October 8th

Postby Smitten Kitten (136864592) » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:32 pm

Sadly, here we are again with the same 'ol problem. Lack of Consistency. The Wood Grains (especially the white) just do. not. match. :sad:

Image
Image
Image
User avatar

Smitten Kitten (136864592)
YoWorld Level: 339
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 19559
Forum Title: YoAddict

Re: [FEEDBACK] YI2019 YoWorld Invasion (Tuesday, October 8th

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:04 pm

Why can't you ever do Halloween right?
User avatar

Leeum (130695460)
YoWorld Level: 332
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 23, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 25885
Forum Title: YoManiac

Re: [FEEDBACK] YI2019 YoWorld Invasion (Tuesday, October 8th

Postby Inevitable (126579776) » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:45 pm

Leeum (130695460) wrote:Why can't you ever do Halloween right?

They do have a few more weeks, so they may get it right before it is over. But I've explained it to them before. I'll give it one more go..........

What you guys do when you base a "theme" as Halloween, is that you deny the most basic part of what makes Halloween to the majority of your decorators - A spooky house and all the "normal" Halloween trappings. It doesn't even need a theme name other than "Halloween" every single year. If the Yo Depot was cram filled with all the standards, you could get away with 'themes' and your YoDepot content would outsell them.

If you think about the decor content at your local store, it is the same stuff every single year with a few odds and ends. Halloween in Yo should be no different. We want:

A Spooky Old House
Pumpkins
Fog
Tombstones
Witches
Cauldrons
Skeletons
Black Cats
Bats
Spiders
Webs
Ghouls
Goblins
Ghosts
Coffins
Candy
Black/orange candles
Bones
Blood
Some creepy furniture - couches, chairs, drapes, fireplaces, organs, etc
Costumes - Ghost, witch, pirate, zombie, etc

Over and over and over and over and over and over again. I've seen every retailer in the world be successful at this. They all throw in other "extra" stuff to see if it will sell, but they stick with the genre that puts cash in the register. You can do 10 types of each listed item and people will STILL buy them up. You can make some of them interactive. You can combine them. You don't need to reinvent the wheel every year. You need to do the CORE stuff, and THEN play with themes. Oh and START with the "traditional" stuff first.............

OK. Lecture over. Maybe you'll do this stuff next and then it is just a matter of getting it in the right order. Good luck! :devil:
Image

Mad Hatter - Have I gone mad?
Alice - I'm afraid so. Entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.
User avatar

Inevitable (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 270
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 39493
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend
Location: Presiding Over Mayhem & Nonsense

Re: [FEEDBACK] YI2019 YoWorld Invasion (Tuesday, October 8th

Postby Inevitable (126579776) » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:49 pm

And Christmas is no different JS............... :smug:
Image

Mad Hatter - Have I gone mad?
Alice - I'm afraid so. Entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.
User avatar

Inevitable (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 270
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 39493
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend
Location: Presiding Over Mayhem & Nonsense

Re: [FEEDBACK] YI2019 YoWorld Invasion (Tuesday, October 8th

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:51 pm

Smitten Kitten (136864592) wrote:Sadly, here we are again with the same 'ol problem. Lack of Consistency. The Wood Grains (especially the white) just do. not. match. :sad:

Image

That's just craptastic. Isn't there a universal color wheel? Aren't the same color codes assigned in EVERY program that uses colors? How could they release a white vanity and a white closet with a CREAM dresser and grey end tables? :grr
Image
Image
*You don't fool me.* Silence is golden; duct tape is silver.
User avatar

JulieHootieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 344
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 16697
Forum Title: YoFiend

Re: [FEEDBACK] YI2019 YoWorld Invasion (Tuesday, October 8th

Postby Inevitable (126579776) » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:57 pm

JulieHootieScraps (108384802) wrote:
Smitten Kitten (136864592) wrote:Sadly, here we are again with the same 'ol problem. Lack of Consistency. The Wood Grains (especially the white) just do. not. match. :sad:

Image

That's just craptastic. Isn't there a universal color wheel? Aren't the same color codes assigned in EVERY program that uses colors? How could they release a white vanity and a white closet with a CREAM dresser and grey end tables? :grr

I wonder when they look at sales numbers for themes if they consider all possibilities as causes for low numbers? Sometimes it is the theme. But other times it is things like this. And still other times it is the lack of accessories. And it can also be design.

:?: :?: :?:
Image

Mad Hatter - Have I gone mad?
Alice - I'm afraid so. Entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.
User avatar

Inevitable (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 270
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 39493
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend
Location: Presiding Over Mayhem & Nonsense

Re: [FEEDBACK] YI2019 YoWorld Invasion (Tuesday, October 8th

Postby StealCutOats (149002759) » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:03 pm

When are you going to make chairs or sofas like past ? Skeletons, pumpkins, something that actually looks like Halloween instead of sofas always looking like it’s from 50s or plain. What par5 of the furniture reminds you of Halloween ? Getting very old how nothing looks new or Halloween like .
User avatar

StealCutOats (149002759)
YoWorld Level: 283
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 08, 2010
 
Forum Posts: 10
Forum Title: YoRookie

Re: [FEEDBACK] YI2019 YoWorld Invasion (Tuesday, October 8th

Postby StealCutOats (149002759) » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:15 pm

Can we have one Halloween where there’s ...Halloween furniture more like past ?

Ghosts , Goblins, Pumpkins, Zombies , not in the decor but furniture itself . Maybe bat chairs , Skelton sofas ? Haunted scary sofas that don’t look like normal couches ? Maybe instead of deign for clothes maybe get people on yo to design sofas and chairs since your not getting it ?
User avatar

StealCutOats (149002759)
YoWorld Level: 283
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 08, 2010
 
Forum Posts: 10
Forum Title: YoRookie

Re: [FEEDBACK] YI2019 YoWorld Invasion (Tuesday, October 8th

Postby Serenity Now (6134566) » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:44 pm

This theme would have been better as a one week mini theme. The Monster Cabin theme might have been better as two weeks instead of just one.
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates --Mark Twain

Wherever you stand, be the soul of that place. --Rumi

A work in progress...
Horrendous House
User avatar

Serenity Now (6134566)
YoWorld Level: 303
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 10, 2008
 
Forum Posts: 2806
Forum Title: YoLover
Location: Straight outta cookies

Re: [FEEDBACK] YI2019 YoWorld Invasion (Tuesday, October 8th

Postby Fiore (155677018) » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:11 pm

Pix Elated (6134566) wrote:This theme would have been better as a one week mini theme. The Monster Cabin theme might have been better as two weeks instead of just one.

Agreed! :thumbsup:
Aliens are cool but not very good as a Halloween theme.
੮Һɿς ɿς Һ૦ω ω૯ Րɿς૯ υƿ, Һ૯คՐ੮ ɿς ც૯ค੮ɿՈ૭ Բคς੮૯Ր, Բ૯૯Նς Նɿқ૯ ੮ҺυՈძ૯Ր ⚡
Image
Stranger Things
User avatar

Fiore (155677018)
YoWorld Level: 266
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 05, 2010
 
Forum Posts: 11152
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: ✰Բ૯૯Ն ɿՈ౮ɿՈ८ɿცՆ૯✰

Re: [FEEDBACK] YI2019 YoWorld Invasion (Tuesday, October 8th

Postby Falco (185180932) » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:55 pm

Thank you vikings for doing this theme. All of the stuff is very versatile while also being inspiring to build off of. I look forward to the rest of the items. :party:
:D
User avatar
Falco (185180932)
YoWorld Level: 263
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 21, 2013
 
Forum Posts: 12205
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Re: [FEEDBACK] YI2019 YoWorld Invasion (Friday, October 4th)

Postby FILTHY (152622928) » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:57 pm

Smitten Kitten (136864592) wrote:This is SUPER cute!!! I would definitely snatch her (and the hair) right up!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yay!! It would be a perfect Halloween hair! So many fun outfits could be made with a style like that :D
Image
User avatar

FILTHY (152622928)
YoWorld Level: 301
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 10, 2010
 
Forum Posts: 5211
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: Where The Wild Things Are....

Re: [FEEDBACK] YI2019 YoWorld Invasion (Tuesday, October 8th

Postby Denna (10205906) » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:11 am

I LOVE Animated black cat! :love: :heart: :thumbsup:

Visited Stardust and then I thought: What is walking into room? :shocked: :shocked: :haha:

Of course I had to buy it, very cute :heart:
"It all begins and ends in your mind.What you give power to, has power over you, if you allow it."
Image
User avatar
Denna (10205906)
YoWorld Level: 312
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 25, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 13762
Forum Title: YoWild

Re: [FEEDBACK] YI2019 YoWorld Invasion (Tuesday, October 8th

Postby Denna (10205906) » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:14 am

Absolutely LOVE designers clothing today!!! :love: :heart:

Congrats Vanilla Valentine and Taffywrap!! :thumbsup: :party: :party: :party: :party:
"It all begins and ends in your mind.What you give power to, has power over you, if you allow it."
Image
User avatar
Denna (10205906)
YoWorld Level: 312
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 25, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 13762
Forum Title: YoWild

Re: [FEEDBACK] YI2019 YoWorld Invasion (Tuesday, October 8th

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:34 am

I haven't checked on Taffy's DC outfit yet, but the code for Vanilla's new outfit is only labeled as DC2019 & not as HW2019.
Image
Image
*You don't fool me.* Silence is golden; duct tape is silver.
User avatar

JulieHootieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 344
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 16697
Forum Title: YoFiend

Re: [FEEDBACK] YI2019 YoWorld Invasion (Tuesday, October 8th

Postby Hillbunny (103783869) » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:39 am

Chiller (126579776) wrote:
Leeum (130695460) wrote:Why can't you ever do Halloween right?

They do have a few more weeks, so they may get it right before it is over. But I've explained it to them before. I'll give it one more go..........

What you guys do when you base a "theme" as Halloween, is that you deny the most basic part of what makes Halloween to the majority of your decorators - A spooky house and all the "normal" Halloween trappings. It doesn't even need a theme name other than "Halloween" every single year. If the Yo Depot was cram filled with all the standards, you could get away with 'themes' and your YoDepot content would outsell them.

If you think about the decor content at your local store, it is the same stuff every single year with a few odds and ends. Halloween in Yo should be no different. We want:

A Spooky Old House
Pumpkins
Fog
Tombstones
Witches
Cauldrons
Skeletons
Black Cats
Bats
Spiders
Webs
Ghouls
Goblins
Ghosts
Coffins
Candy
Black/orange candles
Bones
Blood
Some creepy furniture - couches, chairs, drapes, fireplaces, organs, etc
Costumes - Ghost, witch, pirate, zombie, etc

Over and over and over and over and over and over again. I've seen every retailer in the world be successful at this. They all throw in other "extra" stuff to see if it will sell, but they stick with the genre that puts cash in the register. You can do 10 types of each listed item and people will STILL buy them up. You can make some of them interactive. You can combine them. You don't need to reinvent the wheel every year. You need to do the CORE stuff, and THEN play with themes. Oh and START with the "traditional" stuff first.............

OK. Lecture over. Maybe you'll do this stuff next and then it is just a matter of getting it in the right order. Good luck! :devil:

:thumbsup: Agree 100%
User avatar

Hillbunny (103783869)
YoWorld Level: 340
YoWorld Start Date: May 28, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 2665
Forum Title: YoLover

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions