[EVENT] Sweater Weather Event (Thursday, September 19th)

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [EVENT] Sweater Weather Event (Thursday, September 19th)

Postby LisaTM (10095126) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:41 pm

Meh. This gem theme isn't doing much for me save for a few items. I'm disappointed that the items don't match the gem event title. Was hoping for some nice fall stuff if we must have another event. Sigh.
ImageImage
"I don't want to lubricate that." - Guybrush Threepwood

LisaTM (10095126)
YoWorld Level: 330
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 16090
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby UniqueQT (125330176) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:21 pm

STOP PUTTING OUR FALL THEMES IN THE STUPID GEM EVENTS!!!!! This is another way of getting out of giving us a fall theme,I am SOOOOOOOover this gem event

UniqueQT (125330176)
YoWorld Level: 361
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 28, 2009

Forum Posts: 284
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:25 pm

UniqueQT (125330176) wrote:STOP PUTTING OUR FALL THEMES IN THE STUPID GEM EVENTS!!!!! This is another way of getting out of giving us a fall theme,I am SOOOOOOOover this gem event

This is not a fall theme. The theme is Pop Deco. :)
MsPhantom (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 317
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 11249
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby GoldenMikey (178293069) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:49 am

Leeum (130695460) wrote:No :wailing:

It was all going so well :nerd:

Rule of thumb. Never expect a break from a gem event longer than a week from here on out in yoworld :thumbsup:

GoldenMikey (178293069)
YoWorld Level: 312
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 02, 2011

Forum Posts: 19699
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby GoldenMikey (178293069) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:50 am

Shiver (126579776) wrote:
Denna (10205906) wrote:
Rodweena (126579776) wrote:What the heck is POP DECO? Google is not my friend here. It looks like an Andy Warhol theme or something for really fancy people who eat a lot of tiny food and own tiny dogs. Oh wells, at least it will let me focus on just the Halloween themes.

:thumbsup:

But hey... :idea:

The good news is: Halloween items are not in gem event ;)

That is definitely the silver lining :D

Oh belive it. It will .

GoldenMikey (178293069)
YoWorld Level: 312
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 02, 2011

Forum Posts: 19699
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby SnortyIsEvil (3054329) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:19 am

So i was sarcastic earlier, but here is my yet unaswered plea about the icon. Please! Not all of us want to participate at all, not even the daily task. We should not have to deal with that icon for the whole event. That icon is distracting and it interferes with a finished room. I know that I could just do the daily task, but I dont want to. I dont want to go to a crowded lag room and get even more stuff that i wont use. I know its free and I am not complaining about free stuff. I am just saying i dont want it and I dont want to play along. Players should not have to participate in this to get rid of the icon.
Live your life the way you choose. Let me do the same. Just remember that your way is not my way and we will get along just fine.
my giveaway home. 3-4 items max please and tell me what room its in.
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h13315429

SnortyIsEvil (3054329)
YoWorld Level: 335
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 01, 2008

Forum Posts: 10811

Postby Tequila (1430437) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:32 am

I really hope that the rewards will not contain clothes, hats and glasses only. It is not fun to open and get that kind of stuff or old stuff that we have got Before. It is things I would never buy expecilly the clothes. It was better Before when we got hair and eys with the dress up dolls..
Tequila (1430437)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 24, 2008

Forum Posts: 27
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby Toink Toink (117686344) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:27 am

Why is it the past event rooms put the eye as private can still be visited by others? After event over, can't Bvg switch the code from public to able to private. The eye is there but doesn't do anything. Also please make it such that can place an arrow in the room. Thank you.
We are out of rice krispies har har

Toink Toink (117686344)
YoWorld Level: 376
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 7856
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: Near the kitchen cause kitchen got food .. nom nom like pig

Postby Alicen Chains (155870363) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:50 am

LisaTM (10095126) wrote:Meh. This gem theme isn't doing much for me save for a few items. I'm disappointed that the items don't match the gem event title. Was hoping for some nice fall stuff if we must have another event. Sigh.

Same :thumbsup: Sweater Weather is false advertising LOL.
I peeked last night and I'm not super impressed with anything but the picture and the door so far. So I will get everything but that. :D I see lots and lots of clothes again.
Want to buy: Sun SO2016

Alicen Chains (155870363)
YoWorld Level: 310
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 06, 2010

Forum Posts: 11722

Postby Denna (10205906) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:48 am

Alicen Chains (155870363) wrote:
LisaTM (10095126) wrote:Meh. This gem theme isn't doing much for me save for a few items. I'm disappointed that the items don't match the gem event title. Was hoping for some nice fall stuff if we must have another event. Sigh.

Same :thumbsup: Sweater Weather is false advertising LOL.
I peeked last night and I'm not super impressed with anything but the picture and the door so far. So I will get everything but that. :D I see lots and lots of clothes again.

Maybe "Sweater Weather" is referred to next theme challenges after DD... Just guessing...
"Look in the mirror... That's your REAL competition!"
Denna (10205906)
YoWorld Level: 306
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 11651

Postby Candy1 (2455691) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:02 am

I stop playing for a while and started again now. I enter the gem challange and got really disapointed when I open the chest. Only hats, sunglasses and other things to wear that I would never buy in the store. All things in the furniture store are very exspensive and 6 yc for a dress??!! It is not worth it when we get the things we get now when we opend the chest. Why spend lots of money to recive crap, sorry but that is my opinion o_o
Candy1 (2455691)
YoWorld Level: 230
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 05, 2008

Forum Posts: 1
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Postby Jade (136873125) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:32 pm

Viking Andrew wrote:Hey YoFans!

The hot & humid days of summer are behind us, and we're entering the season of nice and cool Sweater Weather!

The Sweater Weather event kicks off today, and you can find all of the details below!

Step 1: Hang Out
    • Every day, complete Hang Out tasks to earn a free item and a token
    • Optional bonus challenges will give you gems, too

Step 2: Participate in Challenges
    • Enter on the first day of each challenge
    • Each challenge has requirements that must be met before submitting
    • Meet the optional criteria to earn a rating boost!
    • You can leave and come back to your creation at any time before submitting - be sure to come back before the deadline to hit the button so you're eligible for voting! (No edits will be permitted after submitting. If you start an entry but don't submit it, your items will be returned to your inventory no more than 24 hours after the end of that challenge)
    • One default room will be available for decorating and two default outfits to choose from, male or female, when dressing up the Yo
    • To vote, come back on the second day of each challenge
    • You'll earn gems for voting a minimum of five times, but you can keep voting past that if you wish
    • Collect results on the third day of each challenge. Your star rating is calculated based on how other YoFans have voted
    • Any rating boosts will be added to your voting score
    • Prizes for these challenges may include gems, YoCash, or even silver tokens! (More about these in Step 3 below)
    • At the end of the event, all items used for your submissions are yours to keep
    • Items and rooms will be given at the end of each challenge
    • Outfit slots can be claimed at the end of the event

Step 3: Get Rewards!
    • Open event chests using your gems
    • These chests contain existing in-store items as well as new Pop Deco-themed items
    • You'll receive one common item from the wooden chest, or one rare-or-better item from the mega chest
    • To guarantee one brand new ESE2019 event exclusive item, take advantage of the magic chest! (These exclusive items are also available in the other two chests)
    • Click on any unlocked item in the rewards tab to see the item name
    • Silver tokens unlock even more cool prizes - your silver token progress can be seen at the top of the event pop-up
    • You can trade YoCash for gems if you want to open more chests
    • Check back frequently for updated daily deals and new tier deals!

NEW Feature For Events!
    • Submission troubles got you down? Worry no more with the new Submission Confirmation pop-up!
    • Once you've perfected your design and clicked "Submit", you'll be presented with a confirmation window
    • Your completed room or outfit should appear in this pop-up

• If your completed design is showing and is correct, go ahead and click "Submit" to enter your design

• If your design is incorrect or not showing at all, clicking "Report Problem" will send all relevant information to our team for them to diagnose what may have happened
    • This will help us fine-tune the submission process going forward to make the entire submission and voting experience better for everyone!

• Once the report has been automatically submitted, you can try to submit your design again, hopefully with a better outcome!
    • The new Submission Confirmation applies to both Decor and Costume challenges!

As a Reminder...
    • The Sweater Weather Event will be running from September 19th at 4:00 PM ET to October 20th 4:00 PM ET
    • Each day begins at 4 pm ET, which is now 20:00 game time (UTC)
If you have questions to ask or feedback to share, this is the place to do it! :heart:

Not quite yet! It was pretty hot and humid here in Southern Ontario on Saturday!
Jade (136873125)
YoWorld Level: 307
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 1735
Forum Title: YoFan
Location: Somewhere not far from BVG in London, Ontario, Canada

Postby Lori (131347843) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:40 pm

I went through maybe 8 pairs of entries last night to cast 5 votes and I saw 2 empty entries, again! I didn't take a ss of the first one, but this is the 2nd. This glitch was supposed to be fixed several events ago, but I bring it to your attention (as well as other glitches that still keep happening, like avatars showing in rooms that are still being worked on) with every event.

As someone whose entry was affected by this invisible glitch before (and I wouldn't have even known about it if a forumer hadn't noticed it was my entry and posted a ss of it) I am appalled that you still continue to do these broken events. So, I will continue to make players aware that they are wasting their money on entering, when there is absolutely no chance of them getting a fair amount of gems for their entry or winning YC for it.

Lori (131347843)
YoWorld Level: 342
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 3236
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby yovillana (162420407) » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:42 am

I participated in the event of: sweater weather event, and after voting, I go to see my qualification and it tells me not to participate, I do not understand :'( :'( , they already go several times that the same thing happens to me, is it not fair, who helps me ??? :wailing: :wailing: :wailing: :wailing:

yovillana (162420407)
YoWorld Level: 278
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 13, 2010

Forum Posts: 13
Forum Title: YoRookie

Postby yovillana (162420407) » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:42 am

I participated in the event of: sweater weather event, and after voting, I go to see my qualification and it tells me not to participate, I do not understand :'( :'( , they already go several times that the same thing happens to me, is it not fair, who helps me ??? :wailing: :wailing: :wailing: :wailing:

yovillana (162420407)

Postby yovillana (162420407) » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:48 am

Lori (131347843) wrote:I went through maybe 8 pairs of entries last night to cast 5 votes and I saw 2 empty entries, again! I didn't take a ss of the first one, but this is the 2nd. This glitch was supposed to be fixed several events ago, but I bring it to your attention (as well as other glitches that still keep happening, like avatars showing in rooms that are still being worked on) with every event.

As someone whose entry was affected by this invisible glitch before (and I wouldn't have even known about it if a forumer hadn't noticed it was my entry and posted a ss of it) I am appalled that you still continue to do these broken events. So, I will continue to make players aware that they are wasting their money on entering, when there is absolutely no chance of them getting a fair amount of gems for their entry or winning YC for it.

The same happened to me... :wailing: :wailing: :wailing: :wailing: :wailing:

yovillana (162420407)

Postby Denna (10205906) » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:14 pm

I know you are not going to like this comment... But I 'll write it anyway...

Voting system still SUCKS, simply because some people spend a lot of YC, use a lot of YC items in the challenge and with full boost get score under 4.5. :dizzy:

To have full boost, there need be used 4 hairs, let's say that they are 9YC because of boxes... 4x9 = 36YC

Now, how on the Earth can someone who used full boost be happy about 50 gems? :dizzy:

Thanks for reading... :)
Denna (10205906)

Postby Zanele (186126412) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:54 am

Wont let me enter gem challenge.....keeps going back. I submit entry - but when I press complete outfit it just goes back to submit entry.

Zanele (186126412)
YoWorld Level: 228
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 11, 2015

Forum Posts: 9
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Postby LindyLou Who (126352247) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:11 pm

Zanele (186126412) wrote:Wont let me enter gem challenge.....keeps going back. I submit entry - but when I press complete outfit it just goes back to submit entry.

Mine to :eh:

LindyLou Who (126352247)
YoWorld Level: 355
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 3850
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Denna (10205906) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:54 am

It would be much better if current challenges requirements were HW2019, so players can use all Halloween stuff...

I hope so :)
Denna (10205906)

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions