There's Nothing Wrong....

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: There's Nothing Wrong....

Postby Kath (109737351) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:45 pm

Theresa (122233016) wrote:
G33KSTORM HTA (186017608) wrote:Thank you Rod! I feel like most of the time no one respects my opinion. Instead of agreeing to disagree in a kind manner some people just start making passive aggressive posts and laugh it off as some kind of "troll" comment. I have different opinions than most and it's okay to dislike what I say. But what's not okay is that some certain people think it's okay to turn threads into a passive aggressive competition and poke fun at a particular individual thus completely hijacking the entire thread from its topic and putting the spotlight on someone else.

maybe it's the way you say things. i have agreed to disagree with many people but your comments come across rather rude. quoting your comments on the other thread...
G33KSTORM HTA (186017608) wrote:Lets all be reminded that we were begging Zynga/BVG to get rid of the older themes because the store had too many themes to scroll through & was a cluttered mess in the past. Now ya'll are complaining & begging BVG to stop closing down older themes? It seems like that no matter what BVG does to please the lot of you doesn't matter because you ask for one thing but than cry & complain about it when you get it.

G33KSTORM HTA (186017608) wrote:And this is all over a silly little car and a few really old themes that was clogging up the Stores. I'm glad its all leaving, I'm done here.

... you accused us all of begging and complaining for something when we certainly were ALL not. then saying we cry n complain when we get it. and don't forget the 'silly little car im glad it's leaving'. it might be a silly little car to you but not to others. maybe people will respect your difference of opinion if you didn't come across so rude about it. and take your own advice... agree to disagree. accept that other people like that car and don't like the vaulting. thats their opinion and they have a right to see things differently from you. you may not care about the vaulting but others do!

Geek, I'm sorry, but not surprised, you feel your opinion isn't respected. Much of the time, this Forum is not a place to find respect.
Theresa, this was a thread about all opinions being OK, and you jumped on Geek for her opinions. Smh...

Kath (109737351)
YoWorld Level: 313
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 864
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby GoldenMikey (178293069) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:49 pm

Mikey: comes in a thread "what's this about?
OP of the thread: This theme is the best OR These Vikings are my bff
MIKEY: I disagree this isnt how I feel
OP of the thread: You're arrogant and a fool
MIKEY: uhhhh k I'm just posting my opinion like yours
OP of thread : No you're not . IM RIGHT and you're wrong. I POSTED FACTS and you posted your opinion
MIKEY: That makes no sense.
OP of the thread: Again your are posting opinions

Meanwhile in another thread: Hahaha I had an argument one time with someone telling them their opinon doesnt matter and telling them mine does :gift: .
Mikey comes in same thread: *looking confused* I thought opinon matter on fourms? And we can Express ares freely on here.
Same OP as last thread: Nope
Mikey: :eh:

That's usually how conversations go with me about stating my opinions lol.
Last edited by GoldenMikey (178293069) on Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GoldenMikey (178293069)
YoWorld Level: 311
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 02, 2011

Forum Posts: 19455
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby GoldenMikey (178293069) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:50 pm

Kath (109737351) wrote:
Theresa (122233016) wrote:
G33KSTORM HTA (186017608) wrote:Thank you Rod! I feel like most of the time no one respects my opinion. Instead of agreeing to disagree in a kind manner some people just start making passive aggressive posts and laugh it off as some kind of "troll" comment. I have different opinions than most and it's okay to dislike what I say. But what's not okay is that some certain people think it's okay to turn threads into a passive aggressive competition and poke fun at a particular individual thus completely hijacking the entire thread from its topic and putting the spotlight on someone else.

maybe it's the way you say things. i have agreed to disagree with many people but your comments come across rather rude. quoting your comments on the other thread...
G33KSTORM HTA (186017608) wrote:Lets all be reminded that we were begging Zynga/BVG to get rid of the older themes because the store had too many themes to scroll through & was a cluttered mess in the past. Now ya'll are complaining & begging BVG to stop closing down older themes? It seems like that no matter what BVG does to please the lot of you doesn't matter because you ask for one thing but than cry & complain about it when you get it.

G33KSTORM HTA (186017608) wrote:And this is all over a silly little car and a few really old themes that was clogging up the Stores. I'm glad its all leaving, I'm done here.

... you accused us all of begging and complaining for something when we certainly were ALL not. then saying we cry n complain when we get it. and don't forget the 'silly little car im glad it's leaving'. it might be a silly little car to you but not to others. maybe people will respect your difference of opinion if you didn't come across so rude about it. and take your own advice... agree to disagree. accept that other people like that car and don't like the vaulting. thats their opinion and they have a right to see things differently from you. you may not care about the vaulting but others do!

Geek, I'm sorry, but not surprised, you feel your opinion isn't respected. Much of the time, this Forum is not a place to find respect.
Theresa, this was a thread about all opinions being OK, and you jumped on Geek for her opinions. Smh...

Really Theresa? Seriously? Smh :dizzy: why start drama? FFS

GoldenMikey (178293069)
YoWorld Level: 311
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 02, 2011

Forum Posts: 19455
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby Chase (109598274) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:54 pm

GoldenMikey (178293069) wrote:Mikey: comes in a thread "what's this about?
OP of the thread: This theme is the best OR These Vikings are my bff
MIKEY: I disagree this isnt how I feel
OP of the thread: You're arrogant and a fool
MIKEY: uhhhh k I'm just posting my opinion like yours
OP of thread : No you're not . IM RIGHT and you're wrong. I POSTED FACTS and you posted your opinion
MIKEY: That makes no sense.
OP of the thread: Again your are posting opinions

Meanwhile in another thread: Hahaha I had an argument one time with someone telling them their opinon doesnt matter and telling them mine does :gift: .
Mikey comes in same thread: *looking confused* I thought opinon matter on fourms? And we can Express ares freely on here.
Same OP as last thread: Nope
Mikey: :eh:

That's usually how conversations go with me about stating my opinions lol.

:haha:

Chase (109598274)
YoWorld Level: 339
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 22, 2009

Forum Posts: 2088
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby Frothy (126579776) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:56 pm

You are most welcome. In my time on these forums I have learned a lot from the people who play our game. One my least favorite things about these forums is the way that comments can be so easily read multiple ways. Unless you type out a thesis, a lot of times people just drive by and drop off their cliff notes about a topic. These "drive bys" often become the basis for an all out war. It is why I spend so much of my ink trying to lay things out so they aren't confusing (but I still fail sometimes!).

We have a lot of different ages and nationalities in here. I also struggle with that at times. People younger than me often take on a "victim mentality" and people older than me often take on the "kiss my ass" mentality. These are broad generalizations, but they unfortunately represent generational differences. I'm not making excuses, just trying to help you see how different people can both listen and respond differently. And yes, passive aggression runs rampant in here at times (I am as guilty as anyone some days).

I wish things were simpler. I wish everyone behaved as well as Koats. He is my role model when it comes to how I'd like to improve. No one hates that guy - EVER. I do hope you'll continue to try to post as you find an issue that interests you. I always enjoy your perspective.

:thumbsup:
Last edited by Frothy (126579776) on Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monsters are real, ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.......Stephen King
Frothy (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 255
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 34281
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby G33KSTORM HTA (186017608) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:03 pm

I will indeed continue to post my thoughts & perspectives on any thread in which I find interesting. Sharing is caring
:D
G33KSTORM HTA (186017608)
YoWorld Level: 279
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 25, 2014

Forum Posts: 627
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Robyn VIP (8132649) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:05 pm

G33KSTORM HTA (186017608) wrote:I will indeed continue to post my thoughts & perspectives on any thread in which I find interesting. Sharing is caring

:hug:
Robyn VIP (8132649)
YoWorld Level: 261
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 3528
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:32 pm

Now, I learned not to give opinions, unless they are based on facts which can be supported by concrete evidence. People say that an opinion cannot be wrong, but it can, if it is mainly based on incomplete or false data. Now, if I gave an opinion, it is deliberately, and usually, limited to "It is so cute, I love it!!" :haha: :haha: This being said, it does not mean I do not value other people's opinions. There are a few forumers here whose opinions are always objective, non-personal and unbiased, I highly respect such posts (and the posters.)

“We've learned to fly the air like birds, we've learned to swim the seas like fish, and yet we haven't learned to walk the Earth as brothers.”

– Martin Luther King Jr.

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 401
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015

Forum Posts: 14053
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby DianaBanana (111036364) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:57 pm

mr. rod, your original post impressed me so and that's saying a lot cause i'm from your "kiss my ass" generation. :haha: i'm also too lazy to go back to your op to quote it so this will do. if not, kiss my ass. :haha: :haha: :haha: i feel that way cause of age and generational differences in perspective. what some find upsetting here in yo i find trival. mostly because this is nothing more than a game to me. that's all. i haven't invested my emotions into this game and never will do that. also, due to age and experiences i realize what is important to me and what is not. i forget sometimes that importance is quite individual. and that is not right or wrong. to me it falls under the category of just another way to play or look at the game. i can be quit guilty of expressing my opinion in what some here consider rude however i consider it my honest evaluation of any given situation. that sometimes is a generational thing. rudeness is in the eye of any beholder, my eyes included. something considered rude by one nationality is considered not rude in another. didn't quite say that too well. oh well, thank you mr. rod for your honest evaluation of opinions and giving us all some food for thiought.

https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/i ... -111036364

some people create their own storms then get mad when it rains.

DianaBanana (111036364)
YoWorld Level: 371
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 31, 2009

Forum Posts: 10767
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby DianaBanana (111036364) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:00 pm

G33KSTORM HTA (186017608) wrote:I will indeed continue to post my thoughts & perspectives on any thread in which I find interesting. Sharing is caring

you go lady and i hope you keep sharing your opinions and thoughts. i find your comments interesting and thoughtful. also, usually quite positive and well thought out even if i dont' agree sometimes :D

https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/i ... -111036364

some people create their own storms then get mad when it rains.

DianaBanana (111036364)
YoWorld Level: 371
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 31, 2009

Forum Posts: 10767

Postby Taurus (185839344) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:02 pm

Rod (126579776) wrote:....with any opinion about Yo. They don't make anyone more or less right about our game. They don't devalue each other when they differ. They don't represent truth, nor do they represent lies. It is fun when they agree and it is fun when they do not. Respect is still possible when all opinions differ. They aren't facts. They aren't reality. They aren't threats. They aren't judgments. And they certainly aren't required to have fun in Yo.

What they do is allow us to consider another perspective. A different lens. A change of scenery. They give as an opportunity to "try on someone else's shoes". We don't have to like them. We don't have to keep them. We don't have to do anything to consider another opinion. We are free to share ours. We can discuss differences. We can clarify. And we can grow outside of ourselves as we do. I often take contrary stances just to challenge the opinions some people share, even if I agree with their view. It helps to focus the idea and bring out deeper meanings.

And yes, this thread is just my opinion as well. Maybe you think opinions carry more weight? And that's ok if you do. I only hope that everyone feels like their opinion matters and is respected when they post. It can be really tough some days to thoughtfully respond and share and challenge each other about our opinions. But we can certainly try. I think we have more fun when we try.

Anyhoo, you guys are all aces with me. I hope you find your fun no matter where you roam. And if you find it in here, thanks for sharing it with all of us. :hug:

maybe but my opinion is the better than anyone elses!
Taurus (185839344)
YoWorld Level: 236
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2014

Forum Posts: 8511
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Sam Holmes (139381965) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:14 pm

I really wish you would take your own advice... :dizzy:

G33KSTORM HTA (186017608) wrote:I wish most of ya'll would just get a grip and relax over this whole Vaulting situation. BVG are not going to suddenly stop everything they're working on. We all just need to trust BVG's decisions and let them do their jobs.
:thumbsup:

G33KSTORM HTA (186017608) wrote:
You are aware that Big Viking Games is a company right? And all companies are legally binded by a contract. BVG is not saying anything just yet because of legal reasons and/or company policy.

Sam Holmes (139381965)
YoWorld Level: 346
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 20567
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby Kio (185180932) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:18 pm

After a while the opinion police just gets old. Usually it's people with way more free time than me so i just overlook it. Anyone who doesn't grasp the meaning of a difference of opinion i can't be bothered with. Lol
Kio (185180932)
YoWorld Level: 260
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 21, 2013

Forum Posts: 10483

Postby Adeline PINK (113719515) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:18 pm

Dream on, Rod.

You can try to make it all good as much as you want but there is no excuse for what much of what is allowed to go on here. People will say that one on one but are cowards in here - totally afraid they will be singled out if they stand up for decency.

Adeline PINK (113719515)
YoWorld Level: 370
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 8372
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:19 pm

I wanted to say, in my opinion, this is one cute kitty. Please be respectful if you disagree..
:D :haha: :party:

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 312
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 11837

Postby Kathy (109233359) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:53 pm

:drink:

Note"
Last edited by Kathy (109233359) on Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kathy (109233359)
YoWorld Level: 386
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 19, 2009

Forum Posts: 177
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:57 pm

Erwyle (187240896) wrote:I wanted to say, in my opinion, this is one cute kitty. Please be respectful if you disagree..

It is so cute, I love it!! :heart: :love:

“We've learned to fly the air like birds, we've learned to swim the seas like fish, and yet we haven't learned to walk the Earth as brothers.”

– Martin Luther King Jr.

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)

Postby Frothy (126579776) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:00 pm

Stardust (186190305) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:I wanted to say, in my opinion, this is one cute kitty. Please be respectful if you disagree..

Don't encourage him! He is just trying to soften us up for the kill! :haha:

Monsters are real, ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.......Stephen King
Frothy (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 255
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 34281
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:05 pm

Rod (126579776) wrote:
Stardust (186190305) wrote:

Don't encourage him! He is just trying to soften us up for the kill! :haha:

:shocked:
Is that true, Erwyle?? :wailing: :wailing: :grr

– Martin Luther King Jr.

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)

Postby Autumn Glory (105171200) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:15 pm

Since there is nothing wrong with my opinion, I will say Halloween is the best holiday ever..... :D

45 Days Until Halloween!!!!
Autumn Glory (105171200)
YoWorld Level: 317
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 12140

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions