I've stopped.

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: I've stopped.

Postby Kio (185180932) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:39 am

I've stopped decorating due to just finding the process far too annoying. So i am only focusing on wearables and also am spending as little time here as possible. I don't care about vaulting because i feel no pressure to buy anything. But there is other circumstances that make me want to run for the hills & i've contemplated deleting my whole account. I have been playing other video games instead & have barely played or signed in for like 2 weeks. Some things are a turn off for a number of reasons. I have enjoyed spending less time here. But wanted to say hi to peeps seeing as this thread caught my eye.
Last edited by Kio (185180932) on Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kio (185180932)
YoWorld Level: 260
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 21, 2013

Forum Posts: 10483
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Wee (160934648) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:44 am

THE SCORPIONS (184182673) wrote:
DianaBanana (111036364) wrote:
Wee (160934648) wrote:I remember a time of constant nagging and begging Zynga as well as BVG later on for releasing more themes, and also close more because of...some where bored, others were after the "profit" others complained that the stores are too full and so on.
They can`t please everyone.
Also, no one is forcing you to buy everything, even though it might seem so or for some irrational feeling of needing this and that.
When you learned that this is just a game it gets easier, less stressing, less "omgosh I need xx and xy and whatnot"

down to earth and realistic post but it sure won't be popular here much :D . and miss t, your outfit is surely the bomb. it's gorgeous

Am I to understand Wee has a spare whatnot?
cause I need 3 whatnots to complete my whoswassit page and todays my BD

Plenty!
*handsacoupleofwhatnots* :bye:

Wee (160934648)
YoWorld Level: 251
YoWorld Start Date: May 30, 2010

Forum Posts: 309
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:52 am

Loie (9730540) wrote:If an item doesn't work, or doesn't do what it promised to do, BVG absolutely should give a refund.

I am just learning this about the rideables, they are rideable but not able to be placed in rooms? I thought it was the reverse. This wasn't the case for all the time BVG has operated the game. I've been able to place them but now I'm afraid to remove any to test it out. I almost exclusively use them as decor, I'd like refunds for all of them that are unusable then.

There is one, maybe two rideables that can't be placed. The yellow roadster is one and it shouldn't even be sold in that condition imo. I wouldn't worry about your others though. I have quite a few rideables and all but one work well. That one has a wobbly movement that can't be intended, but I haven't reported it because a) they won't do anything and b) it still looks good when not in use...

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 312
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 11837

Postby Chase (109598274) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:20 am

Wee (160934648) wrote:
THE SCORPIONS (184182673) wrote:
DianaBanana (111036364) wrote:
Wee (160934648) wrote:I remember a time of constant nagging and begging Zynga as well as BVG later on for releasing more themes, and also close more because of...some where bored, others were after the "profit" others complained that the stores are too full and so on.
They can`t please everyone.
Also, no one is forcing you to buy everything, even though it might seem so or for some irrational feeling of needing this and that.
When you learned that this is just a game it gets easier, less stressing, less "omgosh I need xx and xy and whatnot"

down to earth and realistic post but it sure won't be popular here much :D . and miss t, your outfit is surely the bomb. it's gorgeous

Am I to understand Wee has a spare whatnot?
cause I need 3 whatnots to complete my whoswassit page and todays my BD

Plenty!
*handsacoupleofwhatnots* :bye:

:haha:
Okay, I'm just going to take a break. It's not just about the yellow roadster. :D
And Mikey, I'm not a vegan. :haha: Not there is anything wrong with that, I just don't have the willpower.

Chase (109598274)
YoWorld Level: 339
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 22, 2009

Forum Posts: 2088
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby DrJake Houserman (128765511) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:54 am

I haven't played at all lately. I stopped playing months ago because I was just burned out. The gem challenges seemed like a huge chore, especially when the rooms didn't save and all my progress was lost. That happened so many times, and it seemed like BVG knew about that issue but it never fixed it. It was especially irritating that all the items that I would place in the room and buy would end up in my inventory and there wouldn't be enough time to do the room again. I was feeling frustrated and overwhelmed, so I just stopped playing.

Now that I started logging in again, I have no interest in doing the gem events anymore. I have no idea if BVG ever fixed the saving issue, but because it messed up for me so many times I just don't even care. I also have no interest in items leaving or vaulting, I've got more items in my inventory than I'll ever use. I've just been selling things in the auction house :yawn:
DrJake Houserman (128765511)
YoWorld Level: 274
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 14, 2009

Forum Posts: 2696
Forum Title: YoLover

Postby Frothy (126579776) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:06 pm

Biff Tannen (128765511) wrote:I haven't played at all lately. I stopped playing months ago because I was just burned out. The gem challenges seemed like a huge chore, especially when the rooms didn't save and all my progress was lost. That happened so many times, and it seemed like BVG knew about that issue but it never fixed it. It was especially irritating that all the items that I would place in the room and buy would end up in my inventory and there wouldn't be enough time to do the room again. I was feeling frustrated and overwhelmed, so I just stopped playing.

Now that I started logging in again, I have no interest in doing the gem events anymore. I have no idea if BVG ever fixed the saving issue, but because it messed up for me so many times I just don't even care. I also have no interest in items leaving or vaulting, I've got more items in my inventory than I'll ever use. I've just been selling things in the auction house :yawn:

Every time I take a break, I'm a little less interested in whatever BVG is doing when I get back. If it honestly wasn't for the forums, I'd not know about 90% of whatever is going on. I trip over stuff all the time that has been around for 6 months that I had no clue about. Most of it wasn't worth knowing about anyway, and I am less and less inclined to stay current just in case there is something I might have cared about.

Nothing is special in here anymore because everything is thrown at us like it is. No new content matters because it supposedly all matters. I don't get why BVG doesn't see this. Instead of doing one really special theme with incredible decor and outfits, we get this firehose of mediocrity that ends up looking and feeling like everything else. I understand we have players who have to have something new and incredible all the time or they lose their minds. Good for them. I hope they spend a lot of money. But for my money I play for the really special stuff that speaks to me, and we get less and less of this with each passing theme IMO.

I really am truly hopeful for Halloween and fall. I know these areas are ones that inspire me. If I can't get excited about these 2, then it ain't gonna happen anymore. I hope BVG has their act together for whatever they choose to do here. I hope I feel like MAKING time for it. I want them to make me MAKE TIME for Yo. But if it doesn't happen, then so be it. It has been a good run and I don't regret a second.

:)

Monsters are real, ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.......Stephen King
Frothy (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 255
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 34281
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:29 pm

Rod (126579776) wrote:
Biff Tannen (128765511) wrote:I haven't played at all lately. I stopped playing months ago because I was just burned out. The gem challenges seemed like a huge chore, especially when the rooms didn't save and all my progress was lost. That happened so many times, and it seemed like BVG knew about that issue but it never fixed it. It was especially irritating that all the items that I would place in the room and buy would end up in my inventory and there wouldn't be enough time to do the room again. I was feeling frustrated and overwhelmed, so I just stopped playing.

Every time I take a break, I'm a little less interested in whatever BVG is doing when I get back. If it honestly wasn't for the forums, I'd not know about 90% of whatever is going on. I trip over stuff all the time that has been around for 6 months that I had no clue about. Most of it wasn't worth knowing about anyway, and I am less and less inclined to stay current just in case there is something I might have cared about.

Nothing is special in here anymore because everything is thrown at us like it is. No new content matters because it supposedly all matters. I don't get why BVG doesn't see this. Instead of doing one really special theme with incredible decor and outfits, we get this firehose of mediocrity that ends up looking and feeling like everything else. I understand we have players who have to have something new and incredible all the time or they lose their minds. Good for them. I hope they spend a lot of money. But for my money I play for the really special stuff that speaks to me, and we get less and less of this with each passing theme IMO.

I really am truly hopeful for Halloween and fall. I know these areas are ones that inspire me. If I can't get excited about these 2, then it ain't gonna happen anymore. I hope BVG has their act together for whatever they choose to do here. I hope I feel like MAKING time for it. I want them to make me MAKE TIME for Yo. But if it doesn't happen, then so be it. It has been a good run and I don't regret a second.

all that ^^^ well said :thumbsup: :star: :trophy: :star: .... don't forget the Ocean Mist that was milling around for a year before you noticed! lol ;)
ImageImage

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 318
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 13005
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby DrJake Houserman (128765511) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:39 pm

Rod (126579776) wrote:

I understand your feelings about the stuff just being thrown at you. It honestly made me feel really overwhelmed with the game. I've played for a long time and want to be part of things, but I want to enjoy it and have fun.

I am also looking forward to Halloween and Fall on Yoworld as well. Those have always been good seasons in Yo and I am hopeful. I really want to just focus on decorating for the season and the AH as a I have no interest in the contests.

I have no regrets with the game either, but I really want to enjoy it and not feel like it is a chore :)
DrJake Houserman (128765511)
YoWorld Level: 274
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 14, 2009

Forum Posts: 2696
Forum Title: YoLover

Postby Kio (185180932) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:04 pm

Also; the existance of gem events pretty much disables my desire to be a consistant shopper. I won't chase items i can't see in the store. :)
Kio (185180932)
YoWorld Level: 260
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 21, 2013

Forum Posts: 10483

Postby Robyn VIP (8132649) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:56 pm

I haven't bothered looking at any furniture releases lately, the preview of the new clothes (todays) tells me they aren't worth looking at too. As far as vaulting goes, if I don't buy it when it first comes out I don't need it. I personally don't like having tons of the same stuff, I like every house to be diff. So I'm one of those that couldn't care less what's vaulted. I do feel bad for the players that are upset, especially the ones I care about on the forums. Oh and that car that does not work, should have been removed from the store and refunds to everyone that bought it. That's how good companies get respect.
Robyn VIP (8132649)
YoWorld Level: 261
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 3528
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:07 pm

I still enjoy playing this game, though now more about dressing-up than decorating. If there are three things I regret doing in this game, they are 1) taking a long break from 2012-2015 and lost everything as I did not survive the 2014 migration, 2) getting involved in other people's business (now I mind my own business, lol), 3) cancelling my VIP because now it will take me another 5-6 months to get a monthly 50YP again :wailing: But it is just me, I cannot speak for any other person.

“We've learned to fly the air like birds, we've learned to swim the seas like fish, and yet we haven't learned to walk the Earth as brothers.”

– Martin Luther King Jr.

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 401
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015

Forum Posts: 14053
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Adeline PINK (113719515) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:24 pm

I may or may not stay through Christmas as that is my thing. Jury is out right now.

Adeline PINK (113719515)
YoWorld Level: 370
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 8372
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Katherine (121079165) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:41 pm

Kio (185180932) wrote:I've stopped decorating due to just finding the process far too annoying. So i am only focusing on wearables and also am spending as little time here as possible. I don't care about vaulting because i feel no pressure to buy anything. But there is other circumstances that make me want to run for the hills & i've contemplated deleting my whole account. I have been playing other video games instead & have barely played or signed in for like 2 weeks. Some things are a turn off for a number of reasons. I have enjoyed spending less time here. But wanted to say hi to peeps seeing as this thread caught my eye.

:shocked: :sad: :'( :wailing:

Katherine (121079165)
YoWorld Level: 279
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 3506
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Kathy (109233359) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:04 pm

Katherine (121079165) wrote:
Kio (185180932) wrote:I've stopped decorating due to just finding the process far too annoying. So i am only focusing on wearables and also am spending as little time here as possible. I don't care about vaulting because i feel no pressure to buy anything. But there is other circumstances that make me want to run for the hills & i've contemplated deleting my whole account. I have been playing other video games instead & have barely played or signed in for like 2 weeks. Some things are a turn off for a number of reasons. I have enjoyed spending less time here. But wanted to say hi to peeps seeing as this thread caught my eye.

:shocked: :sad: :'( :wailing:

I've too been playing another game where me and my late husband met years ago That particular game has kept it's fan base alerted about HMTL5 for over two years. That is why I value and trust this particular game. Integrity and actions speak volumes and not sure how long I'll be playing Y O as I can no longer focus on decorating with all that is going on. I understand your reasoning perhaps, things may change here in YO and you can log in daily if you're up to it as I've done today. I do believe today is the first time ever I've not purchased a single thing! YAY! for me. Invo getting too bogged down. I am glad you checked in I am new to the forum in a sense but nice meeting you and hope you're happy with whatever the outcome. :hug:

Kathy (109233359)
YoWorld Level: 386
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 19, 2009

Forum Posts: 177
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby DianaBanana (111036364) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:30 pm

THE SCORPIONS (184182673) wrote:Well thats just theyre opinion as well. :)
if i support free speech I have to support EVERYONE'S free speech

amen brother. even those opinions you don't agree with. that's the problem with political parties. they each want to use the right to free speech but they want to stop the opposite party from using that very same right. everybody has the right to say what they want except yell "fire" in a crowded movie. i have the right to disagree with anything anybody says but not the right to tell them to shut up or their opinion doesn't matter here. i've been told my opinion was rude by someone who called someone else's opinon drivel. go figure, man. and the beat goes on

https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/i ... -111036364

some people create their own storms then get mad when it rains.

DianaBanana (111036364)
YoWorld Level: 371
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 31, 2009

Forum Posts: 10767

Postby Pinkylola (235554) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:08 pm

Kio :heart:
ImageImage

Whatever you hear about me, please believe it. I no longer have the time to explain myself.
You can also add some if you want.

Pinkylola (235554)
YoWorld Level: 301
YoWorld Start Date: May 31, 2008

Forum Posts: 13307
Forum Title: Auction House Hero

Previous

Return to YoWorld Discussions