I've stopped.

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

I've stopped.

Postby Chase (109598274) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:35 pm

I've stopped the VIP and buying YoCash. Mainly because I just can't keep up. BVG is expiring two themes every time a new theme comes out these days. I can only speak for myself, but when all these themes are being vaulted along with a new theme. WTF? I also sent in a ticket for a refund for the 49 YoCash I spent on the Italian Yellow Roadster. No reply and no refund. When BVG bought the game (thank you) you also took responsibility of all the assets in game, including the items that just don't work. This is no way some sort of quit thread, but with all the decorators giving you constructive feedback on what should be saved from the MF2015 and not many have addressed closing out all the rideables, especially you BVG. I'm just going to stop spending so much. I have collected most car rideables. The ones I might don't have are very hard to find in the AH.

Chase (109598274)
YoWorld Level: 339
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 22, 2009

Forum Posts: 2087
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Re: I've stopped.

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:43 pm

i agree with you... in fact i posted today to say im taking a break. i will still log on every day and im still looking for old stuff i want in AH as well as selling... but im doing less on here and spending less. its relentless and the fun has been sucked out of the game! i can't keep up and its become too time consuming and stressful! themes are pushed out too quick with too many daily releases, monthly exclusives, exclusives, gem event, two themes vaulting every two weeks. i can't keep up anymore :nerd:
ImageImage

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 318
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 13005
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Chase (109598274) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:44 pm

The Bronze Supporter Badge will go away soon. :D

Chase (109598274)

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:51 pm

If BVG don't move what we've asked for from MF2015 to YoDepot, I will cancel my VIP and make it my goal to not spend another $ here

Leeum (130695460)
YoWorld Level: 327
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 25319
Forum Title: YoManiac

Postby Wee (160934648) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:54 pm

I remember a time of constant nagging and begging Zynga as well as BVG later on for releasing more themes, and also close more because of...some where bored, others were after the "profit" others complained that the stores are too full and so on.
They can`t please everyone.
Also, no one is forcing you to buy everything, even though it might seem so or for some irrational feeling of needing this and that.
When you learned that this is just a game it gets easier, less stressing, less "omgosh I need xx and xy and whatnot"

Wee (160934648)
YoWorld Level: 251
YoWorld Start Date: May 30, 2010

Forum Posts: 309
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby Frothy (126579776) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:57 pm

Zynga increased what I call the "churn rate" of the game in response to trying to keep everyone constantly interested in something. They had 2 themes going on constantly with a third either coming or going at that same time. They started hitting us with content every day, and feeding the "impulse shopping" monster in most of us. What this did is begin the process of "dulling" the game for a lot of players. When the noise and flash and circus lights are a constant, they do nothing to inspire. There is no "down time" in the game now for players to create and enjoy. And as has been said, keeping up becomes a chore.

I'm sorry BVG has dulled Yo for you a bit. I have learned to just ignore most of what goes on as far as content now. I'll play along for Halloween and any fall related theme they deliver, but I am so out on all the other stuff. I play to see my friends, make a silly name, make a silly outfit, and make a few coins. I wish I wanted to make more rooms or chase down new stuff for outfits, but I don't. And I'm ok with that. I hope whoever BVG is successfully selling yocash to continues to drop dollars on Yo. I just won't for what I'm getting and how I'm getting it.

And I'm sad for the roadster issue. I lay that one at Zynga's feet. :hug:

Monsters are real, ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.......Stephen King
Frothy (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 255
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 34279
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:59 pm

Theresa (122233016) wrote:i agree with you... in fact i posted today to say im taking a break. i will still log on every day and im still looking for old stuff i want in AH as well as selling... but im doing less on here and spending less. its relentless and the fun has been sucked out of the game! i can't keep up and its become too time consuming and stressful! themes are pushed out too quick with too many daily releases, monthly exclusives, exclusives, gem event, two themes vaulting every two weeks. i can't keep up anymore :nerd:

:wailing: Noooooooooooo!
ImageImage
*Passive aggressive siggies are pretentious and exhausting.*

JulieHootieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 331
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 10802
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:03 pm

Leeum (130695460) wrote:If BVG don't move what we've asked for from MF2015 to YoDepot, I will cancel my VIP and make it my goal to not spend another $ here

:thumbsup:
ImageImage

Theresa (122233016)

Postby XxDarkMarioxX (104376062) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:05 pm

Leeum (130695460) wrote:If BVG don't move what we've asked for from MF2015 to YoDepot, I will cancel my VIP and make it my goal to not spend another $ here

They made up there minds so cancel the vip membership because they also not doing well with creating vip items.

XxDarkMarioxX (104376062)
YoWorld Level: 340
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 16172
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby Frothy (126579776) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:05 pm

Don't let me make you feel bad if you are one of the players that gets "bored" if we don't get 100 new things a day. I really do understand you want all the cool stuffs all the time. That fantasy is fun to believe in, even if reality will never keep up. BVG is trying to give you what you want, which is almost as funny as wanting it in the first place. Good luck on your adventures.

:thumbsup:

Monsters are real, ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.......Stephen King
Frothy (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 255
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 34279
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Pix Elated (6134566) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:06 pm

I really hope they do get back to you regarding the roadster. If it can't be fixed, a refund should be offered. If they can't give a warning that it's broken, then it should be removed from the store. The rideables that still work shouldn't all be removed tho.

Right now I'm fairly ticked off that I've spent quite a bit stockpiling expiring items, adding to an inventory that's already unmanageable. I really hope they don't vault anything during the Halloween or Christmas themes.
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates --Mark Twain

A work in progress...
Horrendous House

Pix Elated (6134566)
YoWorld Level: 295
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 10, 2008

Forum Posts: 1824
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby Chase (109598274) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:06 pm

Fallen (126579776) wrote:Zynga increased what I call the "churn rate" of the game in response to trying to keep everyone constantly interested in something. They had 2 themes going on constantly with a third either coming or going at that same time. They started hitting us with content every day, and feeding the "impulse shopping" monster in most of us. What this did is begin the process of "dulling" the game for a lot of players. When the noise and flash and circus lights are a constant, they do nothing to inspire. There is no "down time" in the game now for players to create and enjoy. And as has been said, keeping up becomes a chore.

I'm sorry BVG has dulled Yo for you a bit. I have learned to just ignore most of what goes on as far as content now. I'll play along for Halloween and any fall related theme they deliver, but I am so out on all the other stuff. I play to see my friends, make a silly name, make a silly outfit, and make a few coins. I wish I wanted to make more rooms or chase down new stuff for outfits, but I don't. And I'm ok with that. I hope whoever BVG is successfully selling yocash to continues to drop dollars on Yo. I just won't for what I'm getting and how I'm getting it.

BVG bought all the so called assets in a digital game. They should honor past purchases.

Chase (109598274)

Postby THE SCORPIONS (184182673) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:08 pm

As long as the rideables still work Im good with them closing the store They havent added anything to it So any I want to buy ill do so quickly But I think I have all I want

Whats worse is trying to find a pair of GREEN ADIDAS GAZELLES I can order white blue yellow I want green Those and the original Rod Laver leather whites with the Adidas stripes in green on the heel
THOSE ARE REAL PROBLEMS and I cannot man up and pretend I should stop looking
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THE SCORPIONS (184182673)
YoWorld Level: 293
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2012

Forum Posts: 4471
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:09 pm

Fallen (126579776) wrote:Zynga increased what I call the "churn rate" of the game in response to trying to keep everyone constantly interested in something. They had 2 themes going on constantly with a third either coming or going at that same time. They started hitting us with content every day, and feeding the "impulse shopping" monster in most of us. What this did is begin the process of "dulling" the game for a lot of players. When the noise and flash and circus lights are a constant, they do nothing to inspire. There is no "down time" in the game now for players to create and enjoy. And as has been said, keeping up becomes a chore.

so agree with all that! :thumbsup: :star: :trophy: :star: ... i have been finding myself pulling away from the game. i no longer take part in current themes because there is too much going on. now i just buy as themes vault... and after the Halloween vaulting i have become very strict on what i get now too! i managed to decorate a couple of rooms of the Summer Cottage because i liked that, but i probably won't finish it until it vaults! :nerd: :hug:
ImageImage

Theresa (122233016)

Postby Chase (109598274) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:12 pm

Nonetheless I just stopped. :D

Chase (109598274)

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:12 pm

Pix Elated (6134566) wrote:I really hope they do get back to you regarding the roadster. If it can't be fixed, a refund should be offered. If they can't give a warning that it's broken, then it should be removed from the store. The rideables that still work shouldn't all be removed tho.

Right now I'm fairly ticked off that I've spent quite a bit stockpiling expiring items, adding to an inventory that's already unmanageable. I really hope they don't vault anything during the Halloween or Christmas themes.

:thumbsup: they replied about the Roadster, it can't be fixed. i just think its ridiculous vaulting them all in one go its too fast for so many items! ALL YC!! :nerd: .. Halloween was spoilt for me as i couldn't take part in the current theme like i wanted to because i was buying out the 3 vaulting Halloween themes! :sad:
ImageImage

Theresa (122233016)

Postby Pix Elated (6134566) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:15 pm

Theresa (122233016) wrote:
Pix Elated (6134566) wrote:I really hope they do get back to you regarding the roadster. If it can't be fixed, a refund should be offered. If they can't give a warning that it's broken, then it should be removed from the store. The rideables that still work shouldn't all be removed tho.

:thumbsup: they replied about the Roadster, it can't be fixed. i just think its ridiculous vaulting them all in one go its too fast for so many items! ALL YC!! :nerd: .. Halloween was spoilt for me as i couldn't take part in the current theme like i wanted to because i was buying out the 3 vaulting Halloween themes! :sad:

If they can't fix it, then they need to refund anyone that bought it in good faith that it worked properly. To not give refunds in a situation like that would put BVG in a very bad light.
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates --Mark Twain

A work in progress...
Horrendous House

Pix Elated (6134566)
YoWorld Level: 295
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 10, 2008

Forum Posts: 1824

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:17 pm

Pix Elated (6134566) wrote:
Theresa (122233016) wrote:

If they can't fix it, then they need to refund anyone that bought it in good faith that it worked properly. To not give refunds in a situation like that would put BVG in a very bad light.

apparently it's ok because you can still wear it... you just can't place it in your room :nerd:
ImageImage

Theresa (122233016)

Postby Jade (136873125) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:18 pm

It's definitely a money grab! It's too much all at once and they think we are all rolling in money! Even when Z expired a Theme it was only one at a time and it was an old one, too!
Jade (136873125)
YoWorld Level: 306
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 1525
Location: Somewhere not far from BVG in London, Ontario, Canada

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:27 pm

Chase, I am sorry that you feel that way. From my experience, unless one is a coin billionaire, it is hard not to buy YC directly from BVG. For me who is always coin-poor, it is out of the question, as long as I still wish to play the game! Anyway, it is your money, so nobody can tell you what to do with it. Being a financial supporter or not a financial supporter, never feel guilty about it, regardless of what other people might tell you. (I'm a financial supporter and I don't feel guilty about it.) :thumbsup:
Last edited by Stardust (186190305) on Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

“We've learned to fly the air like birds, we've learned to swim the seas like fish, and yet we haven't learned to walk the Earth as brothers.”

– Martin Luther King Jr.

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 401
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015

Forum Posts: 14053

Next

Return to YoWorld Discussions