[VAULTING THEMES] Official Communication (Mon, Sept 9th)

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [VAULTING THEMES] Official Communication (Mon, Sept 9th)

Postby Yoyi (2227873) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:51 pm

OMGosh!! Store closes in 1 day and 16 hours. I think we can be much happy if we have the list to keep hoarding the items that will be vaulted for sure.
:heart: :heart: :heart:
Yoyi (2227873)
YoWorld Level: 346
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 24, 2008

Forum Posts: 3635
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Jade (136873125) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:10 pm

This: so you can bring back more expensive and smaller items, which you have already done in the past, but under a different Theme!
Vaulted vs Expired Themes?

Before we introduced the vault, themes were expired. This meant that once they were gone, they were gone for good. Upon introduction of the vault, any theme that is vaulted has the potential to make a full or partial reappearance at sometime in the future. This same feature is quite often seen in media these days -- your favourite movie may not be available for purchase until it is re-released from the vault for a limited time.

Hopefully, this has helped to shed a little light on why we have decided to vault themes and the process behind it. We understand this decision may not be a fan-favourite, but I can say with genuine sincerity that vaulting themes helps to ensure the longevity of YoWorld and the stability of the Yo-economy.

This: There are Foundation items in those Themes and they have yet to be moved! There is still no communication regarding any items that will be moved to the YoDepot!
Choosing Items To Be Saved From The Vault

When a theme has been selected to head into the vault, we carefully review all of the items in the theme, combined with your item suggestions, to determine which items should be "saved" from the vault and instead placed in YoDepot. While we wish we could save all of the items you request, ultimately this could then become a very subjective process that would impact all of the points listed above.

Therefore, the items selected to go into YoDepot are usually the "foundation" items used when decorating your home: windows, pillars, doors, stairs, etc. If YoFans come together and their feedback overwhelmingly asks for an item or two outside of this "foundation" category, our team will definitely review the items in question to see if they fit within our guidelines to be an extenuating save.

Sadly, not all cases will see these items being moved to YoDepot, but some recent examples of saved items based on player feedback include: Rock Tiles from the Tropical Getaway theme, Flagstone Patches from the Quaint Countryside theme, and Sunlight Ripples from the St. Patrick's Day 2018 theme.
Jade (136873125)
YoWorld Level: 306
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 1525
Forum Title: YoFan
Location: Somewhere not far from BVG in London, Ontario, Canada

Postby Alicen Chains (155870363) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:10 pm

What's up with the chandelier chains and a few others?

Alicen Chains (155870363)
YoWorld Level: 309
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 06, 2010

Forum Posts: 11484
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Christine (4327680) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:37 pm

Jade (136873125) wrote:They don't need to do survey's to see what sells! Their accounting department can do the numbers through reports in their accounting program!

Very true. Probably not the accounting department since it's pretend money, but the developers for sure. Databases are only tables with rows and columns just like Excel. You can sort information in all of the same ways.
If something can be taken the wrong way or another way, I meant it the other way.

Christine (4327680)
YoWorld Level: 242
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 30, 2008

Forum Posts: 327
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby Jade (136873125) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:44 pm

Christine (4327680) wrote:
Jade (136873125) wrote:They don't need to do survey's to see what sells! Their accounting department can do the numbers through reports in their accounting program!

Very true. Probably not the accounting department since it's pretend money, but the developers for sure. Databases are only tables with rows and columns just like Excel. You can sort information in all of the same ways.

This is not new to me, since I work in A/P!
Jade (136873125)

Postby Christine (4327680) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:06 am

As you've probably guessed, I've managed the development of a lot of DB-driven websites. LOL

When people pay for YoCash, etc., obviously accounting handles the real finances. I meant that accounting doesn't care how much was spent on sunbeams and how much was spent on toasters. That's a marketing function everywhere I've ever worked.

Also, I always respond so that anyone reading along isn't lost. Explanations weren't necessarily directed at you. :)
If something can be taken the wrong way or another way, I meant it the other way.

Christine (4327680)
YoWorld Level: 242
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 30, 2008

Forum Posts: 327
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby sNaPCraCkLeNPoP (12927062) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:30 am

Nothing yet? I know you was taking in feedback and all and it takes time but I mean at this point with 1 day left you would think you would know what if anything is going to be moved or not. :eh:
sNaPCraCkLeNPoP (12927062)
YoWorld Level: 325
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 8613
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Viking Sarah » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:32 am

Hey YoFans!

First, I'd like to thank you for your overwhelming feedback regarding the vaulting of themes. We have carefully reviewed everything you have stated, and we will continue to review your comments and concerns going forward.

At this time, we wanted to provide you with an initial update based around your feedback. This update will let you know what has been decided for the foreseeable future; however, we will continue to keep you all informed once any additional decisions are made.

As of right now, I can confirm for you that after MF2015 has been vaulted, no additional themes will be vaulted until November 2019.

Speaking of MF2015, we understand that this was a highly debated theme to be vaulted. While we were unable to save all requested items, we were able to save a few more than the items that would normally go into YoDepot. As our way of showing our immense appreciation to all YoFans, we are happy to let you know that the following MF2015 items will be saved from the Vault, and moved to YoDepot when the pre-vaulting period is over:

• Curtained Windows (Purple, Red, Green, and Blue)
  • Single Stones (1-4)
  • Standing Stones
  • Scorch Marks (1-4)
  • Pillars (Tall and Thick - Flowered, Wall, Mossy, Regular, and Broken variants)
  • Corner Support Pillar
  • Sun Beams (Purple, White, and Yellow)
  • Stone Archway
  • Medieval Windows (Double, Round, Curved, and Rectangular)
  • Pillars (Medieval, Ivy Covered, and Half-Covered)

We do need to stress that these items automatically being saved from the Vault is a one-time occurrence. With that said however, we are also excited to let you know that going forward we will be asking YoFans for more input regarding which items will be moved to YoDepot when a theme is being vaulted. These details are still being worked out, but we will definitely be back to update you with that information when it has been finalized.

Thank you to everyone for your input, and I invite you to please continue to leave your feedback, comments, and concerns as I promise you that we are listening, we do care, and YoFans are what make everyday so great! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Viking Sarah
YoWorld Level: 308

Forum Posts: 640
Forum Title: YoWorld Community Manager

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:36 am

Thank you, Sarah, for the update. I'm so happy to hear there won't be any more vaulting until November, but that's a rough time of the year for it to happen. While six weeks of a break is better than nothing, it still stings.

The saved list of Medieval is a start but just barely that. At least we have 1 day to stock up on things that will be gone soon.
ImageImage
*Passive aggressive siggies are pretentious and exhausting.*

JulieHootieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 331
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 10803

Postby Jade (136873125) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:37 am

Viking Sarah wrote:Hey YoFans!

First, I'd like to thank you for your overwhelming feedback regarding the vaulting of themes. We have carefully reviewed everything you have stated, and we will continue to review your comments and concerns going forward.

At this time, we wanted to provide you with an initial update based around your feedback. This update will let you know what has been decided for the foreseeable future; however, we will continue to keep you all informed once any additional decisions are made.

As of right now, I can confirm for you that after MF2015 has been vaulted, no additional themes will be vaulted until November 2019.

Speaking of MF2015, we understand that this was a highly debated theme to be vaulted. While we were unable to save all requested items, we were able to save a few more than the items that would normally go into YoDepot. As our way of showing our immense appreciation to all YoFans, we are happy to let you know that the following MF2015 items will be saved from the Vault, and moved to YoDepot when the pre-vaulting period is over:

• Single Stones (1-4)
  • Standing Stones
  • Scorch Marks (1-4)
  • Pillars (Tall and Thick - Flowered, Wall, Mossy, Regular, and Broken variants)
  • Corner Support Pillar
  • Stone Archway

We do need to stress that these items automatically being saved from the Vault is a one-time occurrence. With that said however, we are also excited to let you know that going forward we will be asking YoFans for more input regarding which items will be moved to YoDepot when a theme is being vaulted. These details are still being worked out, but we will definitely be back to update you with that information when it has been finalized.

Thank you to everyone for your input, and I invite you to please continue to leave your feedback, comments, and concerns as I promise you that we are listening, we do care, and YoFans are what make everyday so great! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Thank you for the update on the items that will be moved!
Jade (136873125)

Postby Frothy (126579776) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:05 am

• Single Stones (1-4)
  • Standing Stones
  • Scorch Marks (1-4)
  • Corner Support Pillar
  • Stone Archway

:heart:

Monsters are real, ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.......Stephen King
Frothy (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 255
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 34279
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby sNaPCraCkLeNPoP (12927062) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:19 am

• Single Stones (1-4)
  • Standing Stones
  • Scorch Marks (1-4)
  • Corner Support Pillar
  • Stone Archway

Thank you guys so much! :heart:
sNaPCraCkLeNPoP (12927062)
YoWorld Level: 325
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 8613
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby SamiSpiffy23 (138400888) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:27 am

Viking Sarah wrote:UPDATE: Thursday, September 12th

Hey YoFans!

• Single Stones (1-4)
  • Standing Stones
  • Scorch Marks (1-4)
  • Corner Support Pillar
  • Stone Archway

YAY! Tysm Sarah for the update! :D :party:
:thumbsup:
【♡Click on banner to visit me♡】I love mail! ツ
SamiSpiffy23 (138400888)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 52492
Forum Title: YoManiac

Postby Amy Pond (117302962) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:29 am

JulieHootieScraps (108384802) wrote:
Christine (4327680) wrote:I'm sorry for not having a more popular response but, from business and psychosocial perspectives, I expected this and understand it. I haven't been around for years, so I have no idea the track record here of replacing items with fresh spins, but it's a decades-old (longer?) tried and true business paradigm. I know because I have been changing up client marketing and advertising programs and then analyzing the metrics for more of those decades than I care to admit. :)

Fingers crossed that the items players see as foundation items jive with BVG's list. :hug:

Sadly, they do not jive, and "similar" new items are not satisfactory. That is because the people who make decisions are not people who decorate with the vaulted items, or that even play the game at all. YW has a subculture that is immensely creative, and very basic decor tools (especially ones that don't neatly fit in a box) simply cannot be easily replaced. Items like the scorches and beams are used en masse -- ie, in huge quantities -- that is impossible to predict how many one might need and when. Moving those items to YoDepot would be a kind appeasement for the sting of the incredible volume of things that are being vaulted every two weeks. No, they are not replacing item - to item, not even close.
:trophy: :trophy: :trophy:

Amy Pond (117302962)
YoWorld Level: 381
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 26, 2009

Forum Posts: 5772
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:38 am

• Single Stones (1-4)
  • Standing Stones
  • Scorch Marks (1-4)
  • Corner Support Pillar
  • Stone Archway

So glad you guys spared the good stuff and very glad you decided to have a break from vaulting. Thanks for listening. :party: :hug:

When you do start up again, can you implement some procedures for moving items to YoDepot? My suggestion, top of my head, is look at sales over the last year and determine the top sellers of the low cost items in that theme. These will be the items that are most used and therefore most likely to be missed if vaulted. ;)

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 312
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 11837

Postby Koats (185046372) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:41 am

Koats (185046372)
YoWorld Level: 351
YoWorld Start Date: May 18, 2013

Forum Posts: 6081
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: ' Keep your head when all about you are losing theirs'

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:45 am

what about a lot of the Flowers, Vases, Potted Plants/Flowers etc. from ST2015? i also think it would be a good idea to have a section in the store with some staple coin items that have already been vaulted... Bakery Chairs, Spring Benches, Measuring Cup and the Jars/Cake Stands from CB2015
ImageImage

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 318
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 13005
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Pix Elated (6134566) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:45 am

• Single Stones (1-4)
  • Standing Stones
  • Scorch Marks (1-4)
  • Corner Support Pillar
  • Stone Archway

Thank you for the update, and the items that were saved from the chopping block, as well as the brief respite from the dreaded vaulting of more themes.
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates --Mark Twain

A work in progress...
Horrendous House

Pix Elated (6134566)
YoWorld Level: 295
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 10, 2008

Forum Posts: 1824

Postby Sandy (134563260) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:46 am

Viking Sarah wrote:UPDATE: Thursday, September 12th

Hey YoFans!

• Single Stones (1-4)
  • Standing Stones
  • Scorch Marks (1-4)
  • Corner Support Pillar
  • Stone Archway

Hey YoFans,

We've seen a lot of discussion occurring on the forums regarding themes being vaulted, and I wanted to take this time to provide some official communication regarding our decision to vault themes.

Why Are We Vaulting Themes?

As many of you know, YoWorld recently celebrated it's 11th anniversary ( :party: ), and in those years we have seen many, many, many, many .... themes pass through the YoWorld gates.

To help everyone visualize just how many themes and items have made their way into YoWorld, let's first take a look at some numbers!
  • Since Big Viking Games took over YoWorld in 2014, we have created and released a total of 169 unique themes
  • Since YoWorld's creation in 2008, there have been over 174,900 unique items released into the game
  • There are currently over 40,000 active items available for purchase in YoWorld
  • There are currently 83 active themes still available in YoWorld
  • On average, there are at least two, two-week themes released in YoWorld every month (this doesn't include smaller themes, mini themes, event themes, etc.)

It's very true that back in the early days of YoWorld, some YoCash items may have been available for purchase with YoCoins. But what's also true is this pricing method had no real planning or strategy behind it. As YoWorld has evolved, a pricing guideline has been established that not only takes in inflation and adjusts accordingly, but also sets parameters on which items are available for YoCoins versus YoCash.

Finally, another factor in our decision to vault themes was the glaring fact that coming up with new and exciting items for YoFans, especially when there are already so many items in store, can be a challenge. We strive to make each individual theme full and concise, and let's face it, there are only so many new ways we can plan and design a tree, or bench, or mailbox. Therefore, in vaulting older themes, this allows for our theme planners and artists to put a new spin on these much-needed theme items, without having too many of the same items in store.

Choosing Items To Be Saved From The Vault

When a theme has been selected to head into the vault, we carefully review all of the items in the theme, combined with your item suggestions, to determine which items should be "saved" from the vault and instead placed in YoDepot. While we wish we could save all of the items you request, ultimately this could then become a very subjective process that would impact all of the points listed above.

Therefore, the items selected to go into YoDepot are usually the "foundation" items used when decorating your home: windows, pillars, doors, stairs, etc. If YoFans come together and their feedback overwhelmingly asks for an item or two outside of this "foundation" category, our team will definitely review the items in question to see if they fit within our guidelines to be an extenuating save.

Sadly, not all cases will see these items being moved to YoDepot, but some recent examples of saved items based on player feedback include: Rock Tiles from the Tropical Getaway theme, Flagstone Patches from the Quaint Countryside theme, and Sunlight Ripples from the St. Patrick's Day 2018 theme.

Vaulted vs Expired Themes?

Before we introduced the vault, themes were expired. This meant that once they were gone, they were gone for good. Upon introduction of the vault, any theme that is vaulted has the potential to make a full or partial reappearance at sometime in the future. This same feature is quite often seen in media these days -- your favourite movie may not be available for purchase until it is re-released from the vault for a limited time.

Hopefully, this has helped to shed a little light on why we have decided to vault themes and the process behind it. We understand this decision may not be a fan-favourite, but I can say with genuine sincerity that vaulting themes helps to ensure the longevity of YoWorld and the stability of the Yo-economy.

As always, please continue to leave your feedback! :heart: :hug:

How about letting us know prior to vaulting a theme as to what needs to in the depot? Like a top ten items list. Recently there's been several themes to not have anything moved over to the depot. It also gets confusing when you have themes on discount timers and then add themes being vaulted in the mix. I have confused several themes that had been vaulted that I thought were just on a discount timer. Also how are these themes that are being vaulted coming back? Will it be the full theme or just bits and pieces?

Sandy (134563260)
YoWorld Level: 350
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 3390
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Snorty (3054329) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:13 pm

Thank you for the update. I am glad for the break from vaulting, though i shudder to think what will go in November....a break is very much appreciated. I was happy to see so many items we asked for go in the depot... I only really am disappointed about the chandelier ropes and those are dirt cheap so i will go ahead and hoard a few hundred. I am still not that happy with the whole situation, but i feel a bit better for reading your update. We shall see in November!
Live your life the way you choose. Let me do the same. Just remember that your way is not my way and we will get along just fine.
my giveaway home. 3-4 items max please and tell me what room its in.
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h13315429

Snorty (3054329)
YoWorld Level: 335
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 01, 2008

Forum Posts: 10663

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions