[CONTEST] Dare to Scare - THE RESULTS ARE IN!

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [CONTEST] Dare to Scare - THE RESULTS ARE IN!

Postby Taurus (185839344) » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:04 pm

So one has to wonder.. Are the people belittling the quality of others designs going to put their money where their mouth is and blow our minds with their own designs next contest?
Taurus (185839344)
YoWorld Level: 236
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2014

Forum Posts: 8511
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:05 pm

Taurus (185839344) wrote:So one has to wonder.. Are the people belittling the quality of others designs going to put their money where their mouth is and blow our minds with their own designs next contest?

:haha: :haha: :idea:

Leeum (130695460)
YoWorld Level: 327
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 25319
Forum Title: YoManiac

Postby Robyn VIP (8132649) » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:46 pm

Leeum (130695460) wrote:
Taurus (185839344) wrote:So one has to wonder.. Are the people belittling the quality of others designs going to put their money where their mouth is and blow our minds with their own designs next contest?

:haha: :haha: :idea:

:thumbsup: :haha: :haha: :haha:
Robyn VIP (8132649)
YoWorld Level: 261
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 3528
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Rawr (186765003) » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:15 pm

We'll see.. ;)
In all serious though, I have doubts that you have never criticised the work of someone you couldn't do yourself, whether that be a piece of music, art, or anything really?
Honestly I couldn't do half the job any of the designers here do and I'm not trying to take that away from them. If players have voted for the designs then they clearly deserved the win and I do hope they sell well in-game. I am still allowed my own opinion and I genuinely do not believe describing something as 'simplistic' is overly insulting. Yes I agree it's obviously a criticism of a design but I wouldn't say their was any malice in my comment - although others may have seen it as that, and if they did I do apologise to the designers I aimed it at (who I am still not going to disclose unless they desperately want to know in which case PM me and I'll tell you straight forward if my comments are aimed at you).
There were many designs that didn't even make it to the finals stage let alone winning the competition that I believe were higher quality, better fitting to the theme and more deserving of a win but that's obviously just my opinion and people have their own preferences.
Again, their was no malice intended in my comments so I apologise if some of the designers felt that there was.
I just don't see a world where we're not allowed to express our opinions to be a very happy one, but I do apologise for the way I have worded my opinion, and I'm willing to admit that I probably didn't phrase my comments in the best way possible.
:hug:

Rawr (186765003)
YoWorld Level: 275
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 5468
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Willow (13350872) » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:37 pm

XxDarkMarioxX (104376062) wrote:
Snorty (3054329) wrote:
LiL MaMa (149099631) wrote:
Vivica (13404458) wrote:
Snorty (3054329) wrote:Kio- I hope you keep that alien on standby. I really loved it. I actually would love it as a costume too! Heres hoping for another pet contest!

Agreed.

I too was hoping for the Alien Pet. :thumbsup: We have nothing like it. It is very cute and unique as a pet.

I hope noone gets me wrong, I really like what won, its very halloweenish and quite cool. I will be buying one. or 4!

You know what am dreading now if they put the winners on timers :shocked:

I hope they do :D
I've got some ocean front property in Arizona ;)

Willow (13350872)
YoWorld Level: 264
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 14434
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby JustDucky (132308143) » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:09 am

Rawr (186765003) wrote:

We'll see.. ;)
In all serious though, I have doubts that you have never criticised the work of someone you couldn't do yourself, whether that be a piece of music, art, or anything really?
Honestly I couldn't do half the job any of the designers here do and I'm not trying to take that away from them. If players have voted for the designs then they clearly deserved the win and I do hope they sell well in-game. I am still allowed my own opinion and I genuinely do not believe describing something as 'simplistic' is overly insulting. Yes I agree it's obviously a criticism of a design but I wouldn't say their was any malice in my comment - although others may have seen it as that, and if they did I do apologise to the designers I aimed it at (who I am still not going to disclose unless they desperately want to know in which case PM me and I'll tell you straight forward if my comments are aimed at you).
There were many designs that didn't even make it to the finals stage let alone winning the competition that I believe were higher quality, better fitting to the theme and more deserving of a win but that's obviously just my opinion and people have their own preferences.
Again, their was no malice intended in my comments so I apologise if some of the designers felt that there was.
I just don't see a world where we're not allowed to express our opinions to be a very happy one, but I do apologise for the way I have worded my opinion, and I'm willing to admit that I probably didn't phrase my comments in the best way possible.
:hug:

I'm reading the comments and wondering why Rawrr is being attacked for something so general and not targeted at anyone personally. We should seriously read back at the comments and realize she never once mentioned anyone's name and if anyone put themselves out there maybe you should internalize why you took it to heart. Leeum breathe and take a step back. So many of you guys who have an issue have complained so many times about issues and contests but because you're in the contest you feel you have free reign to go after players. Be humble. To all the winners Kudos to you and Thank you. Be happy you won but never speak about how you feel you should have won more and It wasn't enough. It seriously comes out wrong. It even comes off disingenuous. Be happy you even got money for your submission. They didn't have to pay you yocash for your submission. It's a prize enough to have players pay yocash to wear your items. Be happy and take in the moment. Be humble. HUMBLE should be the word of the week. If you don't like what someone said that's human but to keep going and going is ridiculous. This is an open forum and if you submit your item be prepared for critiques. Learn from this and if you don't like something say it but if you take it so personally consider why also. This is directed at all the players who either won and decided to attack at a critique and even go as far as to claim jealousy. :phew: :phew:

JustDucky (132308143)
YoWorld Level: 293
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 01, 2009

Forum Posts: 4167
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby JustDucky (132308143) » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:12 am

So many of you guys have complained of previous contests and even gone so far as to speak of favoritism. Actually they're not even hiding the favoritism anymore. It's obvious now. Vikings should have intercepted this thread a while ago. I don't like bullying and I don't like seeing too many going after one player for an opinion.

JustDucky (132308143)
YoWorld Level: 293
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 01, 2009

Forum Posts: 4167
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby xo JoyceCHoice ox (180728982) » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:34 am

Willow (13350872) wrote:
XxDarkMarioxX (104376062) wrote:
Snorty (3054329) wrote:
LiL MaMa (149099631) wrote:
Vivica (13404458) wrote:
Snorty (3054329) wrote:Kio- I hope you keep that alien on standby. I really loved it. I actually would love it as a costume too! Heres hoping for another pet contest!

Agreed.

I too was hoping for the Alien Pet. :thumbsup: We have nothing like it. It is very cute and unique as a pet.

I hope noone gets me wrong, I really like what won, its very halloweenish and quite cool. I will be buying one. or 4!

You know what am dreading now if they put the winners on timers :shocked:

I hope they do :D

I honestly hope they do. I'm sick of good items being devalued by the length of their availability. We still have other out of season DC items instores
.......................................xo JoyceCHoice ox ..........................
Is it just our bodies? Are we both losing our minds? Is the only reason you're holding me tonight 'cause we're scared to be lonely?
MY WISHLIST (click here)
xo JoyceCHoice ox (180728982)
YoWorld Level: 288
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 17, 2011

Forum Posts: 11196
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby GoldenMikey (178293069) » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:52 am

Congrats to the winners!!! Happy of the results. Congrats to Leeum and Others. Also I'm very happy about the pet. Excited. :heart:

That designer pet alot of work into the skeleton pet. Deserves it and they are very nice :hug:

GoldenMikey (178293069)
YoWorld Level: 311
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 02, 2011

Forum Posts: 19455
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby GoldenMikey (178293069) » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:00 am

Again another contest where people are not very acting in control of the results of the winners. Really this is what makes it to cut the fun out of the other people who put alot of work into and they won. Why judge? Why make tantrums of your favorite that didnt win or your favorite yobuddy? Everyone made as much work as into their entry as others. Really I'm surprised how many negitive comments are allowed on this thread. Tearing down each others designs. Every single time theres a contest like this people are upset that theres didnt win. Sad really no one can never be happy no matter what

GoldenMikey (178293069)

Postby GoldenMikey (178293069) » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:01 am

Yup :haha: :haha: I wonder that too. Really the comments shouldnt be allowed . They were not allowed on the thread when it was to the discussions

GoldenMikey (178293069)

Postby GoldenMikey (178293069) » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:20 am

mauiencar (104164330) wrote:
Adeline PINK (113719515) wrote:Congrats all but especially to Cam and Vanilla for keeping the standards of design high. I cannot wait for that cake and those outfits.

I can't help but feel like this post was aimed at my design. :haha: Look at how low standard my design is. :D

Congrats on your win. Really and ignore the haters you cant please them and I'm really surprised and not surprised of the people who've made hurtful comments about players designs. Really its unnecessary and not helpful at all when we have further contests. I really hope we dont have a Christmas contest after all this negitivness and selfless degrading comments people are making.

GoldenMikey (178293069)

Postby Sam Holmes (139381965) » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:44 am

i can't wait for that awesome boney mermaid... gonna add her to a sushi buffet! :haha: :haha: :haha:

Sam Holmes (139381965)
YoWorld Level: 346
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 20567
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby taffywrap (187749182) » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:04 am

GoldenMikey (178293069) wrote:Congrats on your win. Really and ignore the haters you cant please them and I'm really surprised and not surprised of the people who've made hurtful comments about players designs. Really its unnecessary and not helpful at all when we have further contests. I really hope we dont have a Christmas contest after all this negitivness and selfless degrading comments people are making.

so just because somebody called something ‘simplistic’ means we shouldn’t have a
Christmas design contest? This thread really makes
me laugh, yeah maybe it didn’t come from ‘nice’ intentions but nobody was name called
in particular. IMO this is being over exaggerated for no reason.

Rawr could have dragged the person who made the stuff
she didn’t like but she decided to express her disappointment with the word ‘simplsitic’ without calling out the designer.. is this really what everyone is mad about?? the word ‘simplsitic’ ??

:haha:
taffywrap (187749182)
YoWorld Level: 61
YoWorld Start Date: May 26, 2019

Forum Posts: 583
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby taffywrap (187749182) » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:06 am

JustDucky (132308143) wrote:
I'm reading the comments and wondering why Rawrr is being attacked for something so general and not targeted at anyone personally. We should seriously read back at the comments and realize she never once mentioned anyone's name and if anyone put themselves out there maybe you should internalize why you took it to heart. Leeum breathe and take a step back. So many of you guys who have an issue have complained so many times about issues and contests but because you're in the contest you feel you have free reign to go after players. Be humble. To all the winners Kudos to you and Thank you. Be happy you won but never speak about how you feel you should have won more and It wasn't enough. It seriously comes out wrong. It even comes off disingenuous. Be happy you even got money for your submission. They didn't have to pay you yocash for your submission. It's a prize enough to have players pay yocash to wear your items. Be happy and take in the moment. Be humble. HUMBLE should be the word of the week. If you don't like what someone said that's human but to keep going and going is ridiculous. This is an open forum and if you submit your item be prepared for critiques. Learn from this and if you don't like something say it but if you take it so personally consider why also. This is directed at all the players who either won and decided to attack at a critique and even go as far as to claim jealousy. :phew: :phew:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :trophy: :trophy:
taffywrap (187749182)

Postby taffywrap (187749182) » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:15 am

IceAgeComing (154702431) wrote:I agree with this 100%
So well said.
To be honest, i feel Rawr got way more heat for that small simple comment, than she deserved.
I didn't find her comment offensive either. Word "simplistic" ain't a bad word. It's just a people's preference
what they prefer. Some prefer busy designs, some people prefer minimal. That's it. No tea here.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
taffywrap (187749182)

Postby taffywrap (187749182) » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:17 am

Vivica (13404458) wrote::?:

And what about the part where designers were said not to be "high standards"?

I think most here can see what the intentions were behind the "simplistic" comments that were made, especially when you read the entire comment and not just the "simplistic" part. People generally don't say "There are a few high standard ones but lots of simplistic ones :yawn:" w/o there being some shade thrown in there. :thumbsup:

I agree with you. the ‘high standards’ comment is not very nice at all.

:thumbsup: :hug:
taffywrap (187749182)

Postby GoldenMikey (178293069) » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:43 am

taffywrap (187749182) wrote:
GoldenMikey (178293069) wrote:Congrats on your win. Really and ignore the haters you cant please them and I'm really surprised and not surprised of the people who've made hurtful comments about players designs. Really its unnecessary and not helpful at all when we have further contests. I really hope we dont have a Christmas contest after all this negitivness and selfless degrading comments people are making.

so just because somebody called something ‘simplistic’ means we shouldn’t have a
me laugh, yeah maybe it didn’t come from ‘nice’ intentions but nobody was name called

she didn’t like but she decided to express her disappointment with the word ‘simplsitic’ without calling out the designer.. is this really what everyone is mad about?? the word ‘simplsitic’ ??

I'm not talking about that comment . I didnt even say it was that comment I was talking about. Intresting you implied that I'm talking about Rawrs comment. In the past comments wouldnt even be allowed that she made. Others explained that it's not because she used the word simplistic it's how she used it. Simplistic designs can still win. Using the term negatively is not very good sportsmanship. I didnt even see her words at first when she made it. I made the reasons why I think there shouldn't be another contest, it goes beyond how people use just words

GoldenMikey (178293069)

Postby taffywrap (187749182) » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:47 am

GoldenMikey (178293069) wrote:

I'm not talking about that comment . I didnt even say it was that comment I was talking about. Intresting you implied that I'm talking about Rawrs comment. In the past comments wouldnt even be allowed that she made. Others explained that it's not because she used the word simplistic it's how she used it. Simplistic designs can still win. Using the term negatively is not very good sportsmanship. I didnt even see her words at first when she made it. I made the reasons why I think there shouldn't be another contest, it goes beyond how people use just words

Ahh okay my bad. I thought you were talking about rawr since you replied to one of the comments referring to her.
taffywrap (187749182)

Postby GoldenMikey (178293069) » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:51 am

GoldenMikey (178293069) wrote:

Ahh okay my bad. I thought you were talking about rawr since you replied to one of the comments referring to her.

I will note however she did use when using this different type of emojis with the word simplistic designs can be unflattering and not respectful. People put alot of time and energy in these designs even if one person thinks a design would take 10 minutes it could take someone else 2 hours. I would never be able to do any of these designs . People need to be careful when they describe peoples work. This is personal to them and really describing the work to make it lesser isnt helpful
Last edited by GoldenMikey (178293069) on Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

GoldenMikey (178293069)

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions