Continous Issues

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Continous Issues

Postby Agent Hugs (171407652) » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:23 pm

Hello Fellow Players/Peers,

Whilst I did not wish to make this post, it seems like such has been buried for too long. This game was my childhood alongside many other(s). As of recently I have noticed a substantial amount of individuals becoming essentially forced into paying more than what an item is truly worth. Whilst this issue may not be resolved from the outside (aka the players as we cannot control other individuals by any means) I feel as if this issue can certainly be worked about on the inside, yes I mean you BVG.

I am aware this solution has been brought up several times over the last few years so don't bring that excuse here if you wish to contribute to this conversation. What I am proposing is having those accounts at which have been permanently banned have their items enter Auction House (AH) at a price placed by somebody on the team at which is aware of the prices of current items. This can be a scenario where perhaps every few weeks a specific amount of items are re-entered into the game for re circulation. While keeping it's current price merely stable rather then a massive drop if you were to unload a large quantity of the same item.

Another idea would be an essential raffle as you did quite a while back with somebody else's account that the owner had deleted via the option. While such was fun to participate in, I'd personally and I'm sure alongside others would like to see limitations on how many tickets you can buy, prevention of alternate accounts (Level 50 and below) being able to purchase said tickets to prevent alternate account abuse of this system.

I know the team doesn't wish to be associated with possible price decreases on any item in the game but, with the way the game has been going as of recently I do believe it needs to occur. The buying community especially is having quite the struggle to the point where it can be deemed as a daily chore. Thank you for those whom read this discussion and I hope others spread some light on the situation as well as their experiences with the game as of recently.
Agent Hugs (171407652)
YoWorld Level: 246
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 25, 2010

Forum Posts: 125
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Re: Continous Issues

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:36 pm

I think BVG can release any item it wants at any time. They have that ability. But they made a promise they wouldn't. When they had the last raffle, they said it was from accounts, but that's not necessarily the source. So, to me, the question is should old items be released in a limited amount from time to time. If so, which items? In what way? For how much? And how many?

Generally, the answer in the past has been no. I have no vested interest in the results, but many would. And I can picture them being quite vocal. Anyway, don't care too much either way is what I'd say...

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 310
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 11582
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Agent Hugs (171407652) » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:59 pm

Erwyle (187240896) wrote:I think BVG can release any item it wants at any time. They have that ability. But they made a promise they wouldn't. When they had the last raffle, they said it was from accounts, but that's not necessarily the source. So, to me, the question is should old items be released in a limited amount from time to time. If so, which items? In what way? For how much? And how many?

Generally, the answer in the past has been no. I have no vested interest in the results, but many would. And I can picture them being quite vocal. Anyway, don't care too much either way is what I'd say...

Appreciate your opinion on the thread. However my intent on this thread was related back to permanently banned accounts having the items on them essentially stripped and placed into re-circulation of the game for the game's foreseeable future. Rather then re-release of items previously having been released within the game.
Agent Hugs (171407652)

Postby DianaBanana (111036364) » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:59 pm

i like the basic tenet of this idea but once an item is place in the ah even starting at a reasonable price the coin or yocash wealthy will just run up the bid to the same unreasonable price items are now. there is absolutely no control anyone can put on human desire to possess what they feel they simply must own and it's extremely hard to control a free market.

https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/i ... -111036364

Goodness isn't the absence of bad thoughts, impulses but conscious choice to behave true to your morals in spite of those thoughts. brooks

DianaBanana (111036364)
YoWorld Level: 370
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 31, 2009

Forum Posts: 10633

Postby Agent Hugs (171407652) » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:01 pm

DianaBanana (111036364) wrote:i like the basic tenet of this idea but once an item is place in the ah even starting at a reasonable price the coin or yocash wealthy will just run up the bid to the same unreasonable price items are now. there is absolutely no control anyone can put on human desire to possess what they feel they simply must own and it's extremely hard to control a free market.

I completely agree in your regard DianaBanana, unfortunately that is how we are as humans. We can create whatever we like but, destroy such in only the matter of seconds.
Agent Hugs (171407652)

Postby DianaBanana (111036364) » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:08 pm

i whole heartedly agree with you.......it's extremely easier to destroy than create. i have thought about how to release these banned account items in the most completely fair way to all players but i am honestly stumped about it. i'm no great thinker so i can't see any way. even selling raffle tickets for yocash isn't fair to players who absolutely can't afford to purchase yocash. so i've just shut my brain off about it.

Goodness isn't the absence of bad thoughts, impulses but conscious choice to behave true to your morals in spite of those thoughts. brooks

DianaBanana (111036364)

Postby Agent Hugs (171407652) » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:11 pm

DianaBanana (111036364) wrote:i whole heartedly agree with you.......it's extremely easier to destroy than create. i have thought about how to release these banned account items in the most completely fair way to all players but i am honestly stumped about it. i'm no great thinker so i can't see any way. even selling raffle tickets for yocash isn't fair to players who absolutely can't afford to purchase yocash. so i've just shut my brain off about it.

I've thought about such over and over again since it was first brought up and I simply am unable to figure out a free lanced fair way to release the items myself. I saw the raffle idea as something great but, at the same time extremely unfair without any limitations to how many tickets you can purchase, etc.
Agent Hugs (171407652)

Postby Austiin x (185129538) » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:27 pm

DianaBanana (111036364) wrote:i like the basic tenet of this idea but once an item is place in the ah even starting at a reasonable price the coin or yocash wealthy will just run up the bid to the same unreasonable price items are now. there is absolutely no control anyone can put on human desire to possess what they feel they simply must own and it's extremely hard to control a free market.

People’s drives to overpay at such a price could be due to the lack of quantity in items. This forum suggestion would not only resolve that, but also could resolve pricejacking issues and hoarding by having a stable price recommendation from the owners of the game themselves. If they were able to implement a logo or such to the items they list in Auction House. Not only that, but could also drive prices to the point where the game is more inviting to new players as the game is supposed to be. If the raffle idea were to stick, I would suggest making a raffle of coin entry instead of yocash with only 5 ticket limits, per person, per item. That way any player that would meet the trade specifications could participate.

I feel the game took a wrong turn after “Yorehab” and “YoPriceVille” were shut down. After those helpful price guides went down the drain, it kind of opened the gate for people to set a price tag that was extremely demanding and overall ruining the game. I would also suggest that BVG, if they do have active players, who can monitor transactions and learn the prices of items in the game, could make a price guide to correlate with the transactions happening. I wouldn’t recommend if they seen 1-2 people overpay for an item they were desperate to obtain, to make that a new price. But even taking averages of transactions could help set a price.That could help invite the newer players to stick around and learn to work with the prices set for them, and also silence the community who are in the game to ruin stable affordable prices.
Austiin x (185129538)
YoWorld Level: 251
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 09, 2013

Forum Posts: 4
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Postby Jade (136873125) » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:36 pm

Agent Hugs (171407652) wrote:Hello Fellow Players/Peers,

Whilst I did not wish to make this post, it seems like such has been buried for too long. This game was my childhood alongside many other(s). As of recently I have noticed a substantial amount of individuals becoming essentially forced into paying more than what an item is truly worth. Whilst this issue may not be resolved from the outside (aka the players as we cannot control other individuals by any means) I feel as if this issue can certainly be worked about on the inside, yes I mean you BVG.

I am aware this solution has been brought up several times over the last few years so don't bring that excuse here if you wish to contribute to this conversation. What I am proposing is having those accounts at which have been permanently banned have their items enter Auction House (AH) at a price placed by somebody on the team at which is aware of the prices of current items. This can be a scenario where perhaps every few weeks a specific amount of items are re-entered into the game for re circulation. While keeping it's current price merely stable rather then a massive drop if you were to unload a large quantity of the same item.

Another idea would be an essential raffle as you did quite a while back with somebody else's account that the owner had deleted via the option. While such was fun to participate in, I'd personally and I'm sure alongside others would like to see limitations on how many tickets you can buy, prevention of alternate accounts (Level 50 and below) being able to purchase said tickets to prevent alternate account abuse of this system.

I know the team doesn't wish to be associated with possible price decreases on any item in the game but, with the way the game has been going as of recently I do believe it needs to occur. The buying community especially is having quite the struggle to the point where it can be deemed as a daily chore. Thank you for those whom read this discussion and I hope others spread some light on the situation as well as their experiences with the game as of recently.

It would be great to get those rare items back in the game! I think a fair way to do it would be via a Silent Auction and this way nobody would know what the bidding is at!
Jade (136873125)
YoWorld Level: 305
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 1367
Forum Title: YoFollower
Location: Somewhere not far from BVG in London, Ontario, Canada

Postby Agent Hugs (171407652) » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:47 pm

Jade (136873125) wrote:
Agent Hugs (171407652) wrote:Hello Fellow Players/Peers,

It would be great to get those rare items back in the game! I think a fair way to do it would be via a Silent Auction and this way nobody would know what the bidding is at!

That certainly hasn't crossed my mind by any means, great idea Jade. Thank you for your opinion :)
Agent Hugs (171407652)

Postby DianaBanana (111036364) » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:35 pm

can't believe i didn't think of a silent auction. i'm of member of our local v.f.w.,through my husband, and every couple of months a pee wee football tesm or medical or charity hold a silent auction for a fundraiser. only problem though is there is always a starting price and attendees sign a paper in front of the item they want to purchase at the price they want to pay. then if someone else wants it more, they write a higher price. and on and on it goes until the actual time the silent auction is over. it's just like the current ah here is run right now. you don't know who you are bidding against just how much. so i don't guess a silent auction would work though cause it's just like what we do now in ah.

DianaBanana (111036364)

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:12 pm

Hey Hugs. Nice suggestion. :hug:
MsPhantom (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 316
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 10572

Postby Rockmutha (6109196) » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:54 pm

I dont think things should be rereleased. That would not be fair to those of us who have been trading, hunting collecting in this environment for years and years. We have had to weather the storm and pay the price.

I do however, think that BV should use the current trading statistics from trades and auction house (information I would imagine they have) and simply come up with a price cap formula that includes increasing the cap based on how many are actively floating around in the game (ie owned by active players and in circulation) and how old an item is. Older and fewer....price cap goes up.

Meaning, for instance, Pink Retro would be capped this year at say, 40m, and next year it gets raised by some percentage so that people know they have invested in something that will legitimately increase in value and cant be falsely manipulated into the stratosphere.

If they allow players to continue to manipulate pricing this freely, eventually this will hit an unrealistic ceiling. (if it hasnt already) and these items will be utterly unobtainable by newer players.

If BV wants to continue to cultivate a trade/collectable culture as it has been, they should strive to make collectibles reasonably obtainable. To do this in my opinion, they need to provide us the tools we need to trade fairly.

1. A price guide that comes from BV that is complied from actual game statistics including our trades, not just auction house.

2. The ability to better organize and compartmentalize our inventories whether that is in game or on a website.

3. Price caps that only increase based on actual sales information and the availability and age of an item. Not because a group of players is holding 10 copies hostage and creating a buzz to raise the value to their benefit.

That being said, I love the collectibles culture in Yo. I would just like to see BV take a bit more responsibility governing the yoconomy. We want everyone to have fun old and new. This is too important to let the players manage on their own.

Rockmutha (6109196)
YoWorld Level: 260
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 09, 2008

Forum Posts: 195

Postby Agent Hugs (171407652) » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:12 am

Rockmutha (6109196) wrote:I dont think things should be rereleased. That would not be fair to those of us who have been trading, hunting collecting in this environment for years and years. We have had to weather the storm and pay the price.

I do however, think that BV should use the current trading statistics from trades and auction house (information I would imagine they have) and simply come up with a price cap formula that includes increasing the cap based on how many are actively floating around in the game (ie owned by active players and in circulation) and how old an item is. Older and fewer....price cap goes up.

Meaning, for instance, Pink Retro would be capped this year at say, 40m, and next year it gets raised by some percentage so that people know they have invested in something that will legitimately increase in value and cant be falsely manipulated into the stratosphere.

If they allow players to continue to manipulate pricing this freely, eventually this will hit an unrealistic ceiling. (if it hasnt already) and these items will be utterly unobtainable by newer players.

If BV wants to continue to cultivate a trade/collectable culture as it has been, they should strive to make collectibles reasonably obtainable. To do this in my opinion, they need to provide us the tools we need to trade fairly.

1. A price guide that comes from BV that is complied from actual game statistics including our trades, not just auction house.

2. The ability to better organize and compartmentalize our inventories whether that is in game or on a website.

3. Price caps that only increase based on actual sales information and the availability and age of an item. Not because a group of players is holding 10 copies hostage and creating a buzz to raise the value to their benefit.

That being said, I love the collectibles culture in Yo. I would just like to see BV take a bit more responsibility governing the yoconomy. We want everyone to have fun old and new. This is too important to let the players manage on their own.

I myself as well as quite a few others I have had the pleasure to speak with over the last few years as well as just last night came down to the topic of BVG creating a price “guide” based off real statistic data obtained via trades. Whilst this could be manipulated just as well as Auction House, additions such as hourly trades of the item(s) and just how much it was sold for. Unfortunately this would have to be singular trades meaning one could not buy more than one item per trade. Problems with pricejacking, etc have seem to really been blown out of proportion for the last few years, basically after we lost Yorehab. It’d be nice to see BVG step up to the plate and receive suggestions from the community on how they could wisely go about creating something to continue this game’s legacy as well as all our memories without falling victim due to those wishing to ruin the game for others just to benefit their own.
Agent Hugs (171407652)

Postby Agent Hugs (171407652) » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:16 am

MsPhantom (129173078) wrote:Hey Hugs. Nice suggestion. :hug:

Hello Phantom :hug:
Agent Hugs (171407652)

Postby Robyn VIP (8132649) » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:28 am

Rockmutha (6109196) wrote:I dont think things should be rereleased. That would not be fair to those of us who have been trading, hunting collecting in this environment for years and years. We have had to weather the storm and pay the price.

I agree with everything you suggested! :rose:
Robyn VIP (8132649)
YoWorld Level: 261
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 3374
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Rockmutha (6109196) » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:52 am

Agent Hugs (171407652) wrote:

I myself as well as quite a few others I have had the pleasure to speak with over the last few years as well as just last night came down to the topic of BVG creating a price “guide” based off real statistic data obtained via trades. Whilst this could be manipulated just as well as Auction House, additions such as hourly trades of the item(s) and just how much it was sold for. Unfortunately this would have to be singular trades meaning one could not buy more than one item per trade. Problems with pricejacking, etc have seem to really been blown out of proportion for the last few years, basically after we lost Yorehab. It’d be nice to see BVG step up to the plate and receive suggestions from the community on how they could wisely go about creating something to continue this game’s legacy as well as all our memories without falling victim due to those wishing to ruin the game for others just to benefit their own.

Many of us have been discussing and debating price guides for years and I think we can all agree that this data needs to be generated from the owners of the game. Figuring out how to make it "jackproof" before there is even a commitment to do it, is putting the horse before the cart.

People will always try and manipulate things but with the way things are now, we cant even track good and bad sellers because no one is identified in the AH and name changes and alting/ghosting is too easy to do. We do not have the basic tools to self govern.

We also need to recognize that this yoconomy is partially beneficial to the owners... If players are jacking prices that means people have to either play more or buy more...two of the fundamental goals for any game these days. (think on that when you wonder why they are not jumping to do anything ... but dont hate on it, thats business)

This is why I suggest starting with a few essential things/tools and perhaps BV can see that a little more control on all of this would be better for everyone in the long run, including BV.

If I started this game today and saw the amount of work or money I would have to lay out to get a FRACTION of what I have now, I would close it and find something else. That's the bottom line here. A collectibles game is no fun when you can't realistically work to obtain the things you want.

Rockmutha (6109196)

Postby Rockmutha (6109196) » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:00 pm

Robyn VIP (8132649) wrote:I agree with everything you suggested! :rose:

:heart:

Rockmutha (6109196)

Postby Rod (126579776) » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:02 pm

I think every item from every banned account should be placed in the AH by BVG 90 days after the ban was enacted. Each item should start at 100 coins and be placed for 24 hours with no buy out. One week prior to the Banned Account Estate Auction, BVG should announce to all players the date that the auction will be held. For example, all banned account items from May will be up for bid starting at 6 pm on August 24 and be announced in game on August 17th. Hell if I was BVG, I'd create a page where players could go see what items were going to be auctioned so they can prepare their stash of coins.

This is an EASY money maker. :smug:

And for all those ding-a-lings that like to pretend their precious rares are "worth" some ridiculous value, let the player community decide if that is true or not......... :angel:

I wanna live, like there’s no tomorrow
Love, like I’m on borrowed time
It’s good to be alive

I won't take it for granted
I won't waste another second - Jason Gray
Rod (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 255
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 33794
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Agent Hugs (171407652) » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:25 pm

Rockmutha (6109196) wrote:
Agent Hugs (171407652) wrote:

Many of us have been discussing and debating price guides for years and I think we can all agree that this data needs to be generated from the owners of the game. Figuring out how to make it "jackproof" before there is even a commitment to do it, is putting the horse before the cart.

People will always try and manipulate things but with the way things are now, we cant even track good and bad sellers because no one is identified in the AH and name changes and alting/ghosting is too easy to do. We do not have the basic tools to self govern.

We also need to recognize that this yoconomy is partially beneficial to the owners... If players are jacking prices that means people have to either play more or buy more...two of the fundamental goals for any game these days. (think on that when you wonder why they are not jumping to do anything ... but dont hate on it, thats business)

This is why I suggest starting with a few essential things/tools and perhaps BV can see that a little more control on all of this would be better for everyone in the long run, including BV.

If I started this game today and saw the amount of work or money I would have to lay out to get a FRACTION of what I have now, I would close it and find something else. That's the bottom line here. A collectibles game is no fun when you can't realistically work to obtain the things you want.

In complete agreeance RockMutha, thank you for your opinion. :)
Agent Hugs (171407652)

Next

Return to YoWorld Discussions