Did Anyone Receive Similar Message?

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: Did Anyone Receive Similar Message?

Postby Sam Holmes (139381965) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:32 pm

Riff (185643699) wrote:to me that message sounds quite polite, well definitely not rude at all. and he/she did say it wasnt anything you did wrong. i wouldnt worry about it at all :bye:

I've deleted people without giving them a reason if I've never spoken to them before. I don't see why my only interaction with them would be to tell them I'm ending "us". It sounded like this person only messaged her to shame her for who she hangs out with.

Sam Holmes (139381965)
YoWorld Level: 341
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 19343
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby Willow (13350872) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:35 pm

Allergic2BS (135815676) wrote:So basically the person deleted you because of "Who you hang with". Wow.. people never cease to amaze me. I'm gonna use Denna as an example.. I don't hang around with Denna but I like her. She's never done anything to me.. she's always been nice to me. But now that I said I like Denna.. does that give people a reason to delete me because some might not like her and I do. You see where I'm going with this and what I'm saying ;) I don't need to say anything else :thumbsup:

Well said girl, I would never delete someone, just because they liked someone I didn't. I have a mind of my own :hug:
On the pontoon
Makin' waves and catchin' rays up on the roof
Jumpin' out the back, don't act like you don't want to
Party in slow motion
Out here in the open
Mm, motorboatin'

Willow (13350872)
YoWorld Level: 263
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 13984
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Riff (185643699) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:44 pm

Sam Holmes (139381965) wrote:
Riff (185643699) wrote:to me that message sounds quite polite, well definitely not rude at all. and he/she did say it wasnt anything you did wrong. i wouldnt worry about it at all :bye:

I've deleted people without giving them a reason if I've never spoken to them before. I don't see why my only interaction with them would be to tell them I'm ending "us". It sounded like this person only messaged her to shame her for who she hangs out with.

yeah for sure possibly. but there are some "funny" people in yo, they are not too good socially, naive.. the list goes on. the way this person said she was scared, it just made me think it was an intimidation thing. some people get crazy paranoid about being hacked, or cant handle bullies, so will do whatever they think they need to, to protect themselves and their time ingame. who really knows. could also be mistaken identity, seeing as elizabeth doesnt feel she even knows them. certainly not something to be worried about, imo
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply - Stephen R. Covey
Riff (185643699)
YoWorld Level: 387
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 28, 2014

Forum Posts: 11667
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Kio (185180932) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:01 pm

Nope. I turned apartment messaging off for non-buddies, and given that I still message/receive messages here from folks, I seldom keep people buddied in game. After a while I just got tired of random messages. One time that Bu773rfly person posted in my inbox out of nowhere saying she was "having a party for me" or something and it was so random, odd, and cryptic that I said nope, No more. :silly: :haha: but nah really that wasn't the only reason. If people want to reach me they can message me here. But even here I am known to turn off the PM feature once in a while. Sorry if you got a confusing message OP, I'm sure it was nothing worth any worry or concern. Though it does get confusing.
Kio (185180932)
YoWorld Level: 258
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 21, 2013

Forum Posts: 10302

Postby Vivica (13404458) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:15 pm

Willow (13350872) wrote:
Allergic2BS (135815676) wrote:So basically the person deleted you because of "Who you hang with". Wow.. people never cease to amaze me. I'm gonna use Denna as an example.. I don't hang around with Denna but I like her. She's never done anything to me.. she's always been nice to me. But now that I said I like Denna.. does that give people a reason to delete me because some might not like her and I do. You see where I'm going with this and what I'm saying ;) I don't need to say anything else :thumbsup:

Well said girl, I would never delete someone, just because they liked someone I didn't. I have a mind of my own :hug:

You have had people on your buddy list that I didn't like very much and visa versa. And we've never deleted each other over something so silly. :haha:

It is what it is. No reason to flip a gasket over who your friend hangs out with.
Thanks for your insight!

Vivica (13404458)
YoWorld Level: 225

Forum Posts: 5253
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby sNaPCraCkLeNPoP (12927062) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:40 pm

:thumbsup: Well put A2BS. You are probably better off with them removing you they honestly don't sound like a very good friend anyway if they want to remove you just because you talk to someone they don't approve of. No one is going to try to tell me who to be friends with or who to talk to and if they do have a problem with it they are better off deleting me anyway. I base my friendships off my own experiences and interactions with someone and not others opinions.

sNaPCraCkLeNPoP (12927062)
YoWorld Level: 324
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 8377
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Toink Toink (117686344) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:55 pm

I don't remember much who is on my buddy list. Sometimes I deleted people including forumers cause can't keep track of who is who especially few of them use same name. Few times person came to my place while I online and he/she asked me for stuff/coins then poof quick. I can't know who is the one as got few people in my list with same name so I delete all :silly: . But in your case, if person deleted you is good also. One more slot to add another buddy :D .
We are out of rice krispies har har

Toink Toink (117686344)
YoWorld Level: 372
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 7650
Location: Near the kitchen cause kitchen got food .. nom nom like pig

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:25 am

I only delete buddies who have not been online for more than 4 weeks.

“We've learned to fly the air like birds, we've learned to swim the seas like fish, and yet we haven't learned to walk the Earth as brothers.”

– Martin Luther King Jr.

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 399
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015

Forum Posts: 13435

Postby ZipLocket (144540244) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:21 am

ElizabethXCX (185740178) wrote:Hi Yo! I received this very interesting (and rude) message from one of my buddies on YoWorld bright and early today.

I have never talked to this person before... I don't remember how we became buddies. Was I the only player to receive a similar message? I'm thankful I was removed as a buddy. I was judged by someone I don't even know. I thought it was uncalled for, so I wrote the person back in a nice manner.

I felt like screaming, but then again, screaming wouldn't have been the proper way to approach the situation.
I'm so confused on what I did. I doubt I did anything. :dizzy:

I do not think the message was rude. Not at all. She first said sorry but she is deleting you and her reason is she did not like the people you hang with. She also said a very intense thing. She said she felt unsafe around the people you were with. I do not think this was a judgement of you but a judgement for her own feeling of safety. She feels unsafe around them folks you were with. Actually I think she was saying she had nothing against you at all. I think she is a kind person and not rude. She could have deleted you. She could have found you and blocked you and you never know why.. .. It is very very very very very hard to read content without 'self talking.' reading content makes me self talk and self analyze. I get defensive and many times for no reason. I really think she did not want to hurt your feelings or she would not have bothered to tell you the reason why she deleted you. Little droppings like this is silly to have drama over. She is a stranger to you, as you said you do not know her. I think she was trying to get to know you though and people you hang with kept her from feeling safe.
that is all there is too it and nothing rude at all.
When a toxic person no longer controls you,
they will try to control how others see you.
My Siggys
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=130040&p=2944804#p2944804
ZipLocket (144540244)
YoWorld Level: 330
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 08, 2010

Forum Posts: 8872

Postby Rod (126579776) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:33 am

*giggle*

That's why I seemingly can't keep some buds. I will befriend the foulest of Yos. And we also have some players who get their feels hurt by everyone, and they are often my buds too. And they can't reconcile that they have a buddy who can stay friends with their "mortal enemies". So they decide I must be an 'enemy by association' as well. I actually feel sorry for their tortured and limited little world.

I'll go one step further too. I don't hold grudges. Not even for a minute. I choose not to remember any offense against me, no matter how heinous.....as long as they don't repeat the pattern. I give people the chance to prove they had a bad moment. This also offends the thin skinned ones who somehow keep up with every wrong theyve ever experienced, like they were being rewarded for it. LoL.

I wish people would grow the f up and move beyond their petty high school feelies. But some people can't. And yeah, I really do pity them. Can you imagine the prison they've made for themselves inside their head? They are bound by false chains of hurt and unforgiveness based on stuff that happened years ago. That's not living in my book. That's sticking with old festering wounds and never letting them heal. Ickitty

'Cause every night I lie in bed
The brightest colors fill my head
A million dreams are keeping me awake
I think of what the world could be
A vision of the one I see
A million dreams is all it's gonna take
Rod (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 254
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 32903
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Denna (10205906) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:01 am

Mischievous (126579776) wrote:

*giggle*

That's why I seemingly can't keep some buds. I will befriend the foulest of Yos. And we also have some players who get their feels hurt by everyone, and they are often my buds too. And they can't reconcile that they have a buddy who can stay friends with their "mortal enemies". So they decide I must be an 'enemy by association' as well. I actually feel sorry for their tortured and limited little world.

I'll go one step further too. I don't hold grudges. Not even for a minute. I choose not to remember any offense against me, no matter how heinous.....as long as they don't repeat the pattern. I give people the chance to prove they had a bad moment. This also offends the thin skinned ones who somehow keep up with every wrong theyve ever experienced, like they were being rewarded for it. LoL.

I wish people would grow the f up and move beyond their petty high school feelies. But some people can't. And yeah, I really do pity them. Can you imagine the prison they've made for themselves inside their head? They are bound by false chains of hurt and unforgiveness based on stuff that happened years ago. That's not living in my book. That's sticking with old festering wounds and never letting them heal. Ickitty

How was it... "The friends of my friend are also my friends and the enemies of my friend are also my enemies... The enemies of my enemies are my friends..."Blah, blah, blah... :D :D

On the serious note: I don't hold grudges... When the things escalate, I just get to the state when I don't care anymore...I believe that is worse than having any feelings.. But hey, that is something what someone learns by getting older...Being indifferent...:)
"Look in the mirror... That's your REAL competition!"
Denna (10205906)
YoWorld Level: 305
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 10812

Postby Lainie (124009750) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:21 am

I never know who is friends with who... lol. :)
I just visit people I've had interaction with. I've seldom had any problems.
Live and let live as auld Granny said...
:heart: :heart:
I love my wee bucket.... :)
Lainie (124009750)
YoWorld Level: 343
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 5739
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Autumn Glory (105171200) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:25 am

Lainie (124009750) wrote:I never know who is friends with who... lol. :)

:hug: :heart:
Autumn Glory (105171200)
YoWorld Level: 316
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 11972

Postby Rod (126579776) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:35 am

Autumn Glory (105171200) wrote:
Lainie (124009750) wrote:I never know who is friends with who... lol. :)

:hug: :heart:

And this is why both of you make me smile. :hug:

Rod (126579776)

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:49 am

I have buddies who unbuddied me because I didn't like one of their friends, and they didn't like that. And I've had buddies who unbuddied me because I liked one of their enemies, and they didn't like that. I guess I need to do a thorough review of each player's A list to be sure we are in alignment before proceeding with a new buddy add...
:silly:

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 308
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 10933

Postby Rod (126579776) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:59 am

Erwyle (187240896) wrote:I have buddies who unbuddied me because I didn't like one of their friends, and they didn't like that. And I've had buddies who unbuddied me because I liked one of their enemies, and they didn't like that. I guess I need to do a thorough review of each player's A list to be sure we are in alignment before proceeding with a new buddy add...

Dude I hope not.

But there is definitely a club out there (that I don't want any part of) that spends twisted emotional energy on targeting those they perceive as enemies. I've seen it countless times in the game and in here. I've gotten some of the most ridiculous PMs about "how can I even post on THEIR thread" and "I thought you were MY friend". The disease of perpetual hate is one I stay as far away from as possible no matter if I'm posting in here or playing Yo or living my damn life. I've counselled too many people who have held an offense for DECADES and it has eaten them alive. That sh*t is some of the nastiest festering emotional gangrene I've ever seen.

Rod (126579776)

Postby Willow (13350872) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:00 am

Vivica (13404458) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:

You have had people on your buddy list that I didn't like very much and visa versa. And we've never deleted each other over something so silly. :haha:

It is what it is. No reason to flip a gasket over who your friend hangs out with.

Agreed and further more, it takes a whole lot for me to delete anyone, heck I've got buddies on my list, that haven't been online in 5 years :wailing: :wailing: one may hope :silly:
On the pontoon
Party in slow motion
Out here in the open
Mm, motorboatin'

Willow (13350872)

Postby Sam Holmes (139381965) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:03 am

Erwyle (187240896) wrote:I have buddies who unbuddied me because I didn't like one of their friends, and they didn't like that. And I've had buddies who unbuddied me because I liked one of their enemies, and they didn't like that. I guess I need to do a thorough review of each player's A list to be sure we are in alignment before proceeding with a new buddy add...

Dude I hope not.

But there is definitely a club out there (that I don't want any part of) that spends twisted emotional energy on targeting those they perceive as enemies. I've seen it countless times in the game and in here. I've gotten some of the most ridiculous PMs about "how can I even post on THEIR thread" and "I thought you were MY friend". The disease of perpetual hate is one I stay as far away from as possible no matter if I'm posting in here or playing Yo or living my damn life. I've counselled too many people who have held an offense for DECADES and it has eaten them alive. That sh*t is some of the nastiest festering emotional gangrene I've ever seen.

I once got a pm to remove my post from "their" thread... I had a good laugh with that one. :haha: :haha: :haha:

Sam Holmes (139381965)
YoWorld Level: 341
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 19343
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby Willow (13350872) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:03 am

*giggle*

Have I ever asked you? Do you talk in your sleep? :smug: :silly:
On the pontoon
Party in slow motion
Out here in the open
Mm, motorboatin'

Willow (13350872)

Postby Rod (126579776) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:07 am

Willow (13350872) wrote:

*giggle*

Have I ever asked you? Do you talk in your sleep? :smug: :silly:

Aww sweet Willow you are by far one of the most balanced hearts in here. You don't take sh*t and you give everyone a chance. You can be my buddy forever. :hug:

Rod (126579776)

PreviousNext